Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Restricted Item Redemption - Active Magic

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Staff [PM] Posts: 20 — Threads: 11
Signos: 601,303
Official Novus Account

RESTRICTED ITEM REDEMPTIONS
Active Magic

Once you have purchased the Active Magic item from the Agora, you must respond to this thread with the correct form below in order to have your item recognized. For more information on the restricted item process, please read this guidebook page.

Active Magic (Interactive Item)

Code:
<blockquote><blockquote>
<div class="tcat"><center><font style="font-size:20px; font-weight:bold;">Redeeming Active Magic</font></div></center>

<u><b>Information</b></u>
<b>Character receiving Magic:</b> @CHARACTER - LINK TO CHARACTER ACCOUNT GAINING THE ITEM
<b>Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item?</b> YES OR NO
<b>-- If no:</b> IF 'NO' TO ABOVE QUESTION, HOW WAS IT OBTAINED? IF A CONTEST PRIZE, APPLICABLE THREAD LINKS MUST BE INCLUDED

<u><b>Thread Specifics</b></u>
<b>Opting for a Quest?</b> YES (SPECIFY TO WHICH: STAFF-WRITTEN SHORT QUEST, MEMBER-WRITTEN SHORT QUEST, MEMBER-WRITTEN EXTENDED QUEST) OR NO - IF YOU CHOOSE NO, YOU WON'T RECEIVE THE ADDITIONAL +1EXP AND CANNOT QUEST LATER ON FOR THIS ITEM
<b>-- If yes to staff-written: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present?</b> PAST WOULD MEAN YOUR CHARACTER IS "GAINING" THE MAGIC FOR THE FIRST TIME - PRESENT WOULD BE A QUEST *WITH* THEIR MAGIC
<b>-- If yes to staff-written: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in?</b> LEAVE BLANK IF NO QUEST. IF YOU HAVE ANY PREFERENCE FOR LOCATION, LIST IT HERE - OTHERWISE STAFF WILL CHOOSE THEIR OWN LOCATION FOR THE QUEST
<b>-- If yes to staff-written: How would you like to gain this Active Magic?</b> LEAVE BLANK IF NO QUEST. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA FOR YOUR CHARACTER TO GAIN IMMORTALITY? IF YOU HAVE ANY PREFERENCE, LIST IT HERE - OTHERWISE STAFF WILL CREATE THEIR OWN PROMPT FOR YOU

<b>One/Two-word description of Active Magic:</b> FOR STAFF TO PUT IN THE RECORDS & YOUR CHARACTER'S POSTBIT
<b>Opting for having a related Parvus Magic?</b> YES OR NO, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO INCLUDE THE PARVUS MAGIC - ITS A BONUS
<b>-- If yes, give a brief description:</b> MUST BE RELATED IN SOME FASHION AND MAKE SENSE, CANNOT BE ACTIVELY CONTROLLED, MUST BE WRITTEN OUT IN PROFILE TOO
<b>Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out?</b> YES OR NO, MUST DESCRIBE BOTH THE ACTIVE AND PARVUS (IF PARVUS WAS OPTED FOR)
<b>How does the Magic relate to your Court?</b> EXPLAIN HOW YOUR MAGIC CAN BE LINKED TO YOUR COURT'S IDEALS AND WHY YOUR CHARACTER WOULD HAVE THIS MAGIC

<u><b>Agreement</b></u>
I understand and agree to all of the following: I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. Staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have formally approved this redemption, replaced my Active Magic Item with the Tiered Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records. If I am found writing my character with a Magic other than the one described in my profile, my item will be revoked without refund.

<b>Signed:</b> YOUR OOC NAME

~~~
</blockquote></blockquote>

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 380 — Threads: 45
Signos: 25
Inactive Character

Redeeming Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Florentine
One-word description of Magic: Time-Travel
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? YES 
-- If no: IF YOU ANSWERED 'NO' TO THE ABOVE QUESTION, HOW DID YOU OTHERWISE OBTAIN THE MAGIC?
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? YES 
How does the Magic relate to your Court? How does Time Travel fit in with the Court ideals? In truth, it does not and yet all at once, in every way, it does.

Dusk is the court of love. It has love for its brethren and love of the world. It is this that Florentine has in abundance. She is the girl who loves too much and maybe Vespera recognizes that. Florentine loves the changing world, the passing of time. She has never managed to truly ‘fit’ anywhere and she does not linger in any place long. Dusk is the shortest time of day: blink and it is gone, but watch it and it seems to last forever. It is like time in this way: watch it and it drags itself out, look away and time flits by unseen, unfelt. Florentine’s love of Dusk is strong, maybe Vespera knows that the gift of time travel would see Florentine returning again and again to one sunset, just to feel the gloaming seconds pass her by, again and again and again.

Florentine has a love of all the courts, not just Dusk. Her obsession lies in the space between night and dusk – can anyone say where that space truly is? Flora cannot stand to be in one place, she longs to drift between the spaces between places: the spaces between night and day. Maybe Vespera recognizes this, she sees the yearning to never be one or the other. The girl needs to always be moving and transitioning. Dusk comes at different times: every place in the world meets it at a different time for it is fluid, forever changing and moving. Florentine longs to chase Dusk, to meet it at its different times and its different places.

This girl has forever been a lover of time and space and lastly, maybe Vespera recognizes this. Flora longs to run away, and find adventure, and so the Dusk goddess has given her time travel. With it, Vespera knows Florentine will always be able to chase time and space (and dusk, of course), but then, always return to Terrastella: the home of Dusk, the home of the in-between and intangible.

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, recorded it under the Magic Records, and created the IC Restricted Item Redemption Thread.

Signed: Obsidian

~~~

*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Obsidian / @Florentine - Active Magic was approved, added to the Records page, and 1 Tier 1: Discipuli Magic item was sent over! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with her base-level magic. c:

She is clothed with strength and dignity, 
and she laughs without fear of the future 

Played by Offline REDANDBLACK [PM] Posts: 302 — Threads: 37
Signos: 135
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Bexley
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? yes!

One-word description of Active Magic: Light!
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? yes!
-- If yes, give a brief description: seeming change in eye color (gold), glitter/light shine on skin, rise in body temp
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? yes!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Bexley will first learn how to use her magic with only sunlight (representing Solis' guidance), then move on to other types of light. Her magic is a manifestation of the sun's power and how it can be both directly violent and subtly manipulative, using direct attacks as well as illusions and light manipulation in the same way the desert can trick many with its attractive mirages. The Day Court is a place of pride and understated danger, and Bexley's use of light to disguise herself and trick others is a matter of arrogance and a need to be honored which may accelerate her still-blooming ego and desperation to make a good impression.

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records.

Signed: RB

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@redandblack / @Bexley - Active Magic was approved, added to the Records, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli item! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with her magics according to her level.

Played by Offline Dingo [PM] Posts: 50 — Threads: 5
Signos: 330
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Atreus
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yes
-- If no: n/a

One-word description of Active Magic: Poison? Potions? I really don’t know in one word
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes
-- If yes, give a brief description: Blood is black in color, a result from having one of his own potions thrown into his face. This is visible around his right eye and extends part way down his neck. If injured, the blood will bleed black. As his magic is leveled up, a thick, bloody substance will pour from both eyes when emotions are heightened.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? His magic is tied deeply to the core of Terrastella as well as the Ilati, as both are known for their aptitude for the healing arts.

Agreement
I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. I understand that the staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic ladder is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have given me their full approval, replaced my Magic Item with the Discipuli Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records.

Signed: Dingo

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Dingo / @Atreus, Active Magic was approved, added to the Records, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.

be careful with that one, love, he will do what it takes to survive

all contact is permitted and encouraged

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 301 — Threads: 41
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Eik
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yes
-- If no: Yes

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Telepathy
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? nope!
-- If yes, give a brief description: n/a
How does the Magic relate to your Court? As Solis' light illuminates all in the physical world that would be shadow, Eik has the power to reveal what lies in the darkness of the mind.

Agreement

Signed: RAE <3

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Rae / @Eik - Active Magic was approved, added to the Records, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 2 Vexillum Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.

Time makes fools of us all

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 146 — Threads: 16
Signos: 0
Deceased Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Raum
-- If no: IF YOU ANSWERED 'NO' TO THE ABOVE QUESTION, HOW DID YOU OTHERWISE OBTAIN THE MAGIC?

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Shape-shifting
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? YES 
-- If yes, give a brief description: His body will occasionally change superficially. For example, he may have scales one day, spikes along his spine another, hair colour change etc these are superficial things not major body changes.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? YES 
How does the Magic relate to your Court? The Night Court is a secretive court. Raum is a Crow in which he is a spy and a performer which fits with the Night Court’s traits of being vibrant but also secretive. With his power Raum can make himself both clearly seen and extravagant by making his body change to wow audiences when he performs, but also transform himself in such a way that he can go undetected to help defend his court. (Please note that at present Raum is still listed as being a member of the Dawn Court but I am having him return to NC and so I have filled this out as NC as this character is inherently NC. It was the court he was made to fit within and why I feel this power has a stronger connection to NC than anywhere else).

Agreement

Signed: Obsi

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Obsidian / @Raum - Active Magic was approved, added to the Records, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 1 Discipuli item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.

[Image: x341oLX.png]

You're one microscopic cog

in his catastrophic plan

Played by Offline Odeen [PM] Posts: 175 — Threads: 29
Signos: 1,315
Night Court Soldier
Male [He/Him/His]  |  18 [Year 492 Winter]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 38 — Exp: 59  |    Active Magic: Spell Warding  |    Bonded: Ruth (Tarrasque)

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Raymond

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Spell Warding
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? No for now
-- If yes, give a brief description: N/A
How does the Magic relate to your Court? While this is actually meant to be related to throwback magic Raymond earned in a game governed by far different magical forces, the concept of spell warding still ties in neatly with Caligo's desire to protect her charges and defend herself and her place against the other gods. Spell warding allows Raymond to level the playing field against those with powerful magical gifts and protect himself and others from the deleterious effects of power placed into what could be the wrong hands.

Agreement

Signed: Odeen

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Odeen / @Raymond - Active Magic was approved, added to the Records, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 3 Periti Magic item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with magics according to his level.

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Somnus
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yepperoni
-- If no:

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Blood Manipulation
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Not at this time – I will update this when I can think of one!
-- If yes, give a brief description: N/A
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yepperdoodle
How does the Magic relate to your Court? I would really like for this magic to be a ‘gift’ or a ‘test’ from Oriens. Somnus has always been book-smart, witty, and has always displayed a strong control over himself. Not only would I like him to have this to throw him for a loop, but I would like for it to be a way for Somnus to understand what true discipline means.

Agreement

Signed: @Sparrow

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Sparrow / @Somnus - Active Magic was approved, added to the Records, and your Active Magic item was swapped for the Tier 2 Vexillum item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with magics according to his level.

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Played by Offline RB [PM] Posts: 89 — Threads: 13
Signos: 185
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Apolonia
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? No
-- If no: Inherited

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Perception Manipulation
-- If yes, give a brief description: O's appearance seems to change when she uses her magic or when suffering from extremely heightened emotions - extra eyes appearing briefly, scars appearing and disappearing, hair and skin changing color
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? O draws influence both from her mother's use of visual/light manipulation and her father's illusional trickery; she represents the charm and trickery of Solterra in the way she is able to alter other people's realities.

Agreement

Signed: RB

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@redandblack / @Apolonia - Active Magic was approved, added to the Records, and you were sent the Tier 1 Discipuli item! You may now begin writing her IC'ly with magics according to her level.

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Blyse

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: BLYSE
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? No
-- If no: Oct.2018 joining incentive!

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Mirage
-- If yes, give a brief description: mirages subtle sounds sometimes
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? I had every intent on Day court at first, but it just seemed that the deceptive and elusive strategy that his magic provided suited Night Court more.

Agreement

Signed: Apothic

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Apothic / @Blyse - Active Magic was approved, added to the Records, and your character was sent the corresponding Tier 1: Discipuli item! You may now begin writing him IC'ly with his magics according to his level.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »