Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Restricted Item Redemption - Active Magic

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline rallidae [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 16
Signos: 160
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Adonai
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? yes
-- If no:

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? yes, via member-written extended quest
-- If yes to staff-written:

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Phoenix Metamorphosis
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? yes
-- If yes, give a brief description: Adonai is resistant to regular fire, has a higher body heat, and has a higher tolerance to atmospheric heat.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? In many ancient civilizations, the phoenix is seen as the mythical embodiment of the sun. It is a virtuous, honorable entity, with some civilizations bestowing upon it significant religious symbology. As the Day Court is a kingdom that worships the sun above everything else, as Solterra's latest Sovereign and as the first-born of a noble house reknowned for its piety and priests, Adonai's magic will be written ICly as a "blessing" from Solis himself, received when he worships at the Sun God's altar the day before he is crowned king. (This will be played out in my self-written quest!)

Agreement
I understand and agree to all of the following: I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. Staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have formally approved this redemption, replaced my Active Magic Item with the Tiered Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records. If I am found writing my character with a Magic other than the one described in my profile, my item will be revoked without refund.

Signed: rallidae

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@rallidae / @Adonai - Active magic approved, tier item sent, and added to the Records! +1EXP for gaining awarded.

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Member will be writing their own quest.

BRIGHT SPLASH OF BLOOD ON THE FLOOR. ASTONISHING RED.
(All that brightness inside me?)

♦︎♔♦︎

Played by Offline Syndicate [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 6
Signos: 955
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Ira
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yes
-- If no: 

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? Member written extended quest! 
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? PAST WOULD MEAN YOUR CHARACTER IS "GAINING" THE MAGIC FOR THE FIRST TIME - PRESENT WOULD BE A QUEST *WITH* THEIR MAGIC
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? LEAVE BLANK IF NO QUEST. IF YOU HAVE ANY PREFERENCE FOR LOCATION, LIST IT HERE - OTHERWISE STAFF WILL CHOOSE THEIR OWN LOCATION FOR THE QUEST
-- If yes to staff-written: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? LEAVE BLANK IF NO QUEST. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA FOR YOUR CHARACTER TO GAIN IMMORTALITY? IF YOU HAVE ANY PREFERENCE, LIST IT HERE - OTHERWISE STAFF WILL CREATE THEIR OWN PROMPT FOR YOU

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Shadowwalking 
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes
-- If yes, give a brief description: Shadows strain toward him, or are sometimes "given life" in his presence. In other words, shadows act unnaturally when Ira is around them, and quickly go back to normal behavior when he is no longer in their presence. 
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Ira's magic relates to Caligo in the same way that the moon has multiple faces. Caligo thrives in darkness and exists in constant states of "shadow." Therefore, Ira's magic allows him to connect with his goddess on a more primal level, experiencing the world around him not through the actuality but through the shades beneath the surface. 

Agreement
I understand and agree to all of the following: I have read all rules and guidelines set forth in the Guidebook for Magic. Staff will work with me through private messages until my Magic is deemed acceptable. I am not able to use Magic in my IC posts until the staff have formally approved this redemption, replaced my Active Magic Item with the Tiered Magic Item, and recorded it under the Magic Records. If I am found writing my character with a Magic other than the one described in my profile, my item will be revoked without refund.

Signed: Syndicate 

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@syndicate / @Ira - Active magic approved, tier item sent, and added to the Records! +1EXP for gaining awarded.

*** STAFF EDIT ***

Played by Offline Syndicate [PM] Posts: 175 — Threads: 35
Signos: 125
Inactive Character

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Vercingtorix 
-- If no: IF 'NO' TO ABOVE QUESTION, HOW WAS IT OBTAINED? IF A CONTEST PRIZE, APPLICABLE THREAD LINKS MUST BE INCLUDED

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? Member written extended 
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? Present 
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? 
-- If yes to staff-written: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? 

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: War Embodiment 
-- If yes, give a brief description: Vercingtorix’s Parvus magic manifests as a sort of regality. No matter how fatigued, or exhausted, Vercingtorix appears to have something left. He endures well. While others might be tarnished by blood or soot, Vercingtorix still somehow manages to shine. His hair, regardless of how disheveled, falls neatly back into place. This aura is meant to establish confidence in friends, and incite concern in his enemies.
How does the Magic relate to your Court? As a vagabond, Vercingtorix has no allegiance to any of the gods. That said, war and the components of war are inherently connected to each deity and culture. 

Agreement

Signed: Syndicate

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@syndicate / @Vercingtorix - Active magic approved, tier item sent, and added to the Records! +1EXP for gaining awarded.

*** STAFF EDIT ***

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Sol Bestiam
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yep
-- If no: ---

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? Yes, member written
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? Present
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? Somewhere in Delumine

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Solar Manipulation
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? Yes please
-- If yes, give a brief description: Sol houses excess solar radiation in his body to use when manipulating magic. The gold markings on his body now glow as an indication of his storage levels. The brighter he glows, the more he is storing. When he is activating high levels of magic, this glow intensifies at his eyes, hooves, and flight feathers, all three locations erupting with solar flames.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yep :)
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Sol was born with the magic, though it was kept dormant due to his rage and then subsequent pain. As he has come into himself, he has become truthful to the being that he truly is, finding wisdom and honesty in the time that he has spent learning about himself and the causes of his pain and rage. His curiosity about his hooves has driven him to learn what he could about what the flames might tie to. But most of all, he has come to a place of calmness that he has never been able to grasp. He is getting to the point where he is nearly comfortable in his own skin and understands exactly who he is and what he wants from his life.

Agreement

Signed: Chaosy

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Chaosy / @Sol Bestiam - Active magic approved, tier item sent, and added to the Records! +1EXP for gaining awarded.

*** STAFF EDIT ***

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 23 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,115
Day Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 499 Summer]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 41  |    Active Magic: Clairvoyance  |    Bonded: N/A

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Nefertari
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? Yes! 

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? No

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Clairvoyance
-- If yes, give a brief description: Empathy within a small (3 ft) radius in relation to people and objects
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yep!
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Historically, Nefertari was born to House Vogelstein in the Night Court (and will eventually return there) so her magic is tied heavily to Caligo. Clairvoyance, to me, has always been akin to the ability to look into the void, and while you may not return unscathed, you are unbroken by its truths. It's an often misunderstood gift, and this is something those who bear it's burden know all too well. People often shun and fear that which they don't understand, and none know this feeling better than those of the Night Court. Still, they rejoice in their differences and embrace those dark things and choose to see the light in them. 

Agreement

Signed: @Scapeh

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Scapeh / @Nefertari - Active magic approved upon character acceptance, item sent and added to the Records!

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Member has declined quest.

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 15 — Threads: 2
Signos: 5
Day Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: Necrobotany  |    Bonded: Sors (Necrobotanic Maned Chupacabra)

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Faction
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? NO
-- If no: Free for Joining

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? No
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present?
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in?

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Necrobotany
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? nope <3
-- If yes, give a brief description:
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yep
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Faction sees her power as strength. The ability to make something powerful out of the remains of a creature and the plants around her. Her final goal will be to become strong enough to use this power to help her court in any way needed.

Agreement

Signed: Chaosy

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Chaosy / @Faction - Active magic approved upon character acceptance, item sent and added to the Records!

*** STAFF EDIT ***

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Below Zero
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? NO
-- If no: 2019 SWP Prize - saved, it's listed on her account as an unredeemed incentive/prize/etc. Also noted In this Thread that she won it.

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? YES - Staff written please
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? Present!
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? The Sea, ideally
-- If yes to staff-written: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? Bel's magic stems from her ancestor and people, who were a warrior/protector race who utilized water to aid, protect and defend those weaker than them. Any reason where she has to spur of the moment aim to protect/defend with now other options of how to do it would be ideal, as it would be like unlocking forgotten knowledge by just ACTING Lol.

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Hydrokinesis
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? YES
-- If yes, give a brief description: Frost Touch, Bel's extremities create a lattice of frost on anything that they touch including her own body.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yes <3
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Bel's magic is linked in many ways. It's a skill setting up to be the ideal protector magic, tying into the loving and caring aspect of doing your all to help another. As she gets higher tiered she unlocks the ability to heal through water, which could link straight into the fact that Dusk emphasizes medics and healing. Finally Empathy [Dusks are known as the Empaths of Novus] is deeply connected to the calming effects of water - and its not uncommon for empaths to subconsciously stay close to water (Look how Terrastella is on the coast AND has a swamp). Bel took this a step further, her water ties are now a living embodiment with in her being.

Agreement

Signed: Dyzzie

~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Dyzzie / @Below Zero - Active Magic approved and added to the Records! Vexillum item has been sent. You may write them IC'ly with their new magic. +1EXP has been redeemed for gaining interactive agora item.

*** STAFF EDIT ***
The quest can be found here. Once you reply, you may then post in the EXP Redemption thread to claim the EXP for questing!

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Played by Offline Lunar [PM] Posts: 2 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Scholar
Nonbinary [They/Them]  |  Immortal [Year 500 Summer]  |  14.1 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: Shadow Manipulation  |    Bonded: N/A

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Kaelix
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? No
-- If no: Claiming free restricted item!

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? No
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present?

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Shadow Manipulation
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? No
-- If yes, give a brief description: n/a
How does the Magic relate to your Court? A scholar at heart, Kaelix is focused on trying to learn how his magic works while accumulating more control over it, this originally stemmed just from wanting more control over the drawbacks - but it's slowly growing to curiosity the more he is able to understand and control the way it works.

Agreement

Signed: @fadedstarss

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@fadedstarss / @Kaelix - Active magic approved upon character acceptance, item sent and added to the Records!

*** STAFF EDIT ***

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Veil Nebula
Have you purchased the 'Active Magic' item? YES
-- If no: n/a

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? YES - Member written extended.

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Stellar Divination
Opting for having a related Parvus Magic? YES
-- If yes, give a brief description: Hive-mind communication with the stars.
Is the Magic section of your character's profile filled out? Yep
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Is a vagabond

Agreement

Signed: Dyzzie

~~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@Dyzzie / @Veil Nebula - Active magic approved upon character acceptance, item sent and added to the Records! +1EXP added for gaining interactive agora item.

*** STAFF EDIT ***

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kassandra

Redeeming Active Magic

Information
Character receiving Magic: @Kassandra
-- If no:

Thread Specifics
Opting for a Quest? Yes, uhhh, staff quest seems fun?
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you want the Quest set in the past or present? Present! Because she's had this ability the whole time she just hasn't been able to control it!
-- If yes to staff-written: Do you have a specific land you'd like your quest to be in? Maybe Veneror Peak or somewhere in Denocte. I'd like for Caligo to maybe make an appearance.
-- If yes to staff-written: How would you like to gain this Active Magic? I want something traumatic to happen to her and she's finally like "Aite i'mma die" and then bang! major breakthrough! Trauma makes you funny magical! Or something like that. Caligo making an appearance would be a plus.

One/Two-word description of Active Magic: Illusion Conjure
-- If yes, give a brief description: Kassandra is randomly possessed by violent visions of events past, present, and future. She can see snippets of things other characters have done, are doing, and what will result from those actions. The difference between these visions and the ones she currently has is she will be able to understand and interpret them. At lower levels, these visions can be traumatic and exhausting. As she gains strength, they will not affect her as much, and at max level she will be able to multi-focus, and have a vision while still being present in a situation. The visions happen most frequently after using her abilities, and while, as she grows stronger, she will be able to better withstand them, she will never have true control over when they occur.
How does the Magic relate to your Court? Kassandra originally came from Novus, and the power of Caligo's illusions and fortune-telling is in her blood. She was kidnapped as a baby and stolen away to a distant land by a tyrant who wanted to use her for her gifts, but without any guidance, it ran wild with her, causing her to have horrible visions that she could not understand and that took a terrible toll on her, emotionally and physically. Now, Once she completes her magic quest, she's going to be able to parse the visions better, as well as conjure and cast illusions, which is really what the magic is. Kassandra's powers are chaotic and based on seeing the future in the stars, and she draws all her magic from Caligo. If you'll recall she asked the goddess "wtf why is this happening 2 me" and Caligo said "idk u tell me". well. Now Kas will be able to d

Agreement

Signed: Sunsiders

~~
*** STAFF EDIT ***
@sunsides / @kassandra - Active Magic approved and added to the Records! Discipuli item has been sent. You may write them IC'ly with their new magic. +1EXP has been redeemed for gaining interactive agora item.

*** STAFF EDIT ***
The quest for this is pending. You will be notified when it becomes available.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »