Novus
Hello, Guest! Register

OOC  - Year 505 Fall - Spotlight Announcements!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline sid [PM] Posts: 65 — Threads: 4
Signos: 5,320
Administrator

SPOTLIGHT ANNOUNCEMENTS!
All prizes have been distributed!

Congratulate @Vercingtorix on winning Character of the Season!

Vercingtorix is a returning character, one we’re so, so happy to see making a comeback. We were all blown away last month when Syndicate made 30+ posts with a single character. Torix has been crazy active, posting up a storm and meeting characters left and right. Syn is quickly establishing him as the next Novus baddie, and we’re eager to see where this arc takes him!

Congratulate @Berb on winning Member of the Season!

Berb is one of our friendliest and most helpful members, and is always a delight to have around! We’ve loved seeing all of her characters develop on site (and are eagerly waiting for a few certain others to make their way to us…). Her writing is stellar and she makes up a wonderful part of our little online community. <3

Congratulate @Ipomoea and @Thana on winning Pair of the Season!

These two have been nominated multiple times in the past, and it’s past time they won this spotlight. Their unique play on life/death is absolutely perfect for them and draws us in, plus it’s lead to two absolutely perfect death babies. They’ve certainly earned their place as one of the power couples of Novus, and we can’t wait to see where their relationship goes from here.

Congratulate @Adonai and @Pilate on "holy water cannot help you drown" winning Thread of the Season!

How can we not nominate these two brothers?? We love everything about them and their interesting (tense, bloody, terrible…) history together, and every single word they bless us with. Also we’ve heard there are *plans* for these two and we can’t help but stalk this thread for any hints!

Congratulate @Aspara winning Quote of the Season!

From Behind The Glow — "I don’t understand why life is so heavy, even when it is so wonderful; I had everything I could ever ask for, but still that spark slowly bled from me." 

This quote is so powerful and deep, we’re constantly amazed by how well Rae can capture a thought we all feel down in our bones. In this quote we can really see Aspara growing up, and how it’s effecting her; she’s losing her innocence and her childhood and it’s all so poetic and relatable.

NOMINATIONS WILL BE OPEN UNTIL 11:59P EST ON 07/31/20!
Spotlight Nominations for Year 505 Fall are now open! We're looking at YOU guys to give us the nominations on who you think would be the best for the following categories:

CHARACTER of the Season
Azrael, who won Character OTS for Year 505 Spring, is not available for nomination!

Current nominations: 
@Asterion
@Maeve 
@Vercingtorix 
@Elena
@Dune

PAIR of the Season
Tenebrae & @Elena, who won Pair OTS for Year 505 Spring, cannot be nominated!

Current nominations: 
@Marisol & @Orestes
@Ipomoea & @Thana
@Pilate & @Andras

THREAD of the Season

MEMBER of the Season
Sam, who won Player OTS for Year 505 Spring, isn't available for nomination!

Current nominations: 
@syndicate 
@redandblack 
@Berb 

QUOTE of the Season
Quote must come from a post made during Year 505 Fall (06/01 - 07/31)!

Current nominations: 
"I hate him. I mean—I don’t care about him, but I hate him." — @Pilate, if you were church

“Wild things like her were always more than mortal, even the ones that died.” — @Ipomoea, Light between shadow and soul

"I don’t know who has taught you this place’s history, but I would fire them." - @August, took a shiner from the fist of your best friend

"I don’t understand why life is so heavy, even when it is so wonderful; I had everything I could ever ask for, but still that spark slowly bled from me." - @Aspara, Behind The Glow

"What is redemption? How can it be classified, picked apart, dissected? If it is simply a matter of mathematics, time could certainly make up for my sins. I’m sure that I could find a way to save enough lives to make up for the deaths that I have caused. But it is not math. Lives are not an equation; each one is unique. And no matter how many I might save, no matter how much good I might do, there is no way to bring back the dead, or make up for their absence." - @Seraphina, to think we could stay the same

"Of course there was something different about her. Something different about me, too. I expected no less, so I was not bothered, not a first, when her kiss felt like it did not know what it wanted to be. Like maybe love was a thing that could be outgrown, and we had both done an awful lot of growing." - @Avesta, without reaching

"He does not know that he is following [Isra's] ghost when he, too, lies down in the golden grass, and presses his cheek against the twilight bark. It is cold, like glass, and rough-textured like any natural, gnarled oak. And he presses harder and harder against those edges until he cuts himself, and bleeds." - @Martell, breathe in the story

• Winners will receive 100 signos and be highlighted in our Spotlight section!

• The (first) person to nominate a Spotlight winner will also receive 100 signos!

• Post the below form in a reply to this thread, or message staff directly if you'd like to stay anonymous.

• You may nominate for 1, 2, 3, or all categories - and may make multiple nominations per category!

• You can nominate those already listed under current nominations, but be aware that multiple votes won't increase their chances of winning! Please try and suggest someone different, if you're able to!

• We know it's tempting (and many of you deserve the recognition!), but please don't nominate yourself!

• Players/Characters who won the previous season's Spotlights cannot be nominated this time around. This doesn't apply to those who were nominated last time but not chosen. They may be nominated again!

Code:
<center><div style="width:60%; text-align: justify;"><span class="officialheader">Spotlight Nomination!</span>

<b>Which OTS</b>: CHARACTER, PAIR, THREAD, OR MEMBER OF THE SEASON
<b>Show us</b>: TAG THE CHARACTER(s) OR MEMBER VIA @NAME, or <a href="LINK">TO THE THREAD</a>
<b>Reason:</b> TELL US WHY YOU CHOSE WHO/WHAT YOU CHOSE!
</div></center>

Staff will make the final vote and decide which of the nominees for each category is the best fit!

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 835
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: MEMBER OF THE SEASON
Show us: @syndicate @redandblack
Reason: It is kinda for the same reasons. Both are AMAZING writers, and also, have you seen the adopts and concepts they have written for all of us to enjoy? Honestly, they are incredible and so creative, and both have been writing their behinds off to give us characters and character concepts. That is why I cannot choose between them and I am going to put that burden on someone else. Also where would we be without Syn puppy pictures and RB's love life tales and constant slaying of fashion and hairstyles? Love to you both! <3

Thread OTS
Took a shiner from the fist of your best friend
@Orestes @August 

I’m actually very surprised this hasn’t been nominated yet! It was such a good thread and I think it brought up a lot of emotions from both characters. I liked the almost passive aggressive way some of the post went as they tried to keep themselves in check. I love reading Orestes with Mari so it was actually really cool to see this side of him. And August, holy cow! What a comment to spurn such an incredible thread. 

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Your nomination of @syndicate, @redandblack, and "Took a shiner from the fist of your best friend" has been added to the nominees list!

Played by Offline theAfanc [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 475
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Member <3
Show us: @Berb
Reason: Berb was super helpful and taught me some coding stuff <3 Really friendly and welcoming and as a new member and it was great to see someone take the time to help

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Your nomination of @Berb has been added to the nominees list!

Played by Offline Cannon [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 0
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Quote
Show us: "I hate him. I mean—I don’t care about him, but I hate him. "
 @Pilate in if you were church
Reason: There's the saying that the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference, and I think it's just so fitting that Pilate is trying so hard in the whole relationship to have no attachments at all but failing, and this is a perfect summary of that internal struggle. Plus it's hilarious.

Which OTS: Character
Show us: @Asterion
Reason: We have Asterion back  T_T I know all of us have missed him so much and he has pretty much burst back on the scene and broken all our hearts at least three different times in the last month and a half.

Which OTS: Thread
Show us: @Caine and @Warset in your tie, I think it is crooked
Reason: Well, first of all, writing by Nes and writing by Ralli are always an absolute treasure, because they're both so wonderful at really pulling you in and setting the scene. I just think the little things in this thread have ruined me forever, between Caine taking off his cloak so Warset can dry her eyes on it to the way each of them speak to each other. Their relationship is so aaaaaaaaa in the best way.

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Your nomination of @Pilate's quote, "Your tie, I think it is crooked", and @Asterion has been added to the nominees list!

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 3,715
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS:MEMBER
Show us: @syndicate
Reason: Syn has been posting up a storm! Quite how she manages to write soooo many chars I will never know. Not only does she write so many but each one is carefully thought through with intricate histories that play into their day to day posts and play out through their actions and personalities. Plus, she is full of plot ideas and involved with loads of goings on across the game. I am quite staggered by her achievements!

Which OTS: Character
Show us: @Maeve
Reason: Quite how Layla manages to capture such childlike characteristics and mannerisms is beyond me. She paints Maeve in such a beautiful light with her complex relationship with her mother (fearful of her anger and fire magic, whilst also portraying such love between mother and daughter). I adore Maeve and I know I am not alone in this!

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Syndicate was already added from a previous member's nomination, but your nomination of @Maeve has been added to the nominees list!

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 2,195
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: “Wild things like her were always more than mortal, even the ones that died.” [email protected]Ipomoea in light between shadow and soul
Reason: I know staff doesn’t like voting for yourselves but COME ON how beautiful and poignant and perfect is this one line?! -chef’s kiss-

Show us: holy water cannot help you drown
Reason: First of all, I love everything about these characters. Secondly, I love every word each of these writers shares with us. Thirdly, reading these boys together is addictive and tense and wonderful. I live for this thread!

Show us: the world we close our eyes to see
Reason: This thread made me tear up ;_; Samaira’s precious, beautiful soul is on full display, and so very vulnerable. Then you have wonderful Asterion, who you know the last thing he wants to do is to hurt Samaira (and, ahh! You really feel it because you know he’s been hurt before, he’s been left) but he is also big enough to tell the truth even knowing full well how much it will sting. My heart hurts for them

Show us: @Vercingtorix
Reason: All of Syn’s characters are complete perfection, and I’ve really enjoyed the explosion of Torix posts this month! I feel like there has already been a deep exploration of his character through many threads, and I look forward to seeing where he goes! (I’m also kind of dreading it, not gonna lie, but isn’t that the mark of a great villain?)

Show us: @Elena
Reason: Elena is a doll, and I love feeling like with every single post I learn more about her! There is so much backstory built into every post and thread, so much beautiful insight so I feel like I’m always learning more about who she is and why. Also there is a BABY on the way which I am SO EXCITED FOR. Also also is there anyone Elena hasn’t met?! And is there anyone who doesn’t like her? I think the answers are no and no.

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: @Marisol and @Orestes
Reason: This is such a power couple! I adore how each of them brings out in the other something no one else does-- like Orestes spitting poetry nonstop because he’s so moved by love, or how Marisol reveals this very gentle, tender nature that is walled off to basically everyone else.

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Your nomination of @Elena, @Vercingtorix, @Marisol & @Orestes, @Ipomoea's quote, "holy water cannot help you drown" and "the world we close our eyes to see" has been added to the nominees list!

Played by Online Layla [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 310

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: Pair
Show us: @Ipomoea & @Thana
Reason: Okay but these two are still amazing and STILL haven't won a spotlight yet. They seriously deserve it ;___;

Show us: History
Reason: I just think it's super cool how Syn writes these two (and that they're finally reuniting for some spicy drama)

Show us: It's An Old Story, Really
Reason: There's been a lot of great Torix threads this season, but I think this is one of my favorites. Just the dynamic between Antiope and Torix is -shook eyes emoji-

Show us: "I don’t know who has taught you this place’s history, but I would fire them." - August in Took A Shiner From The Fist Of Your Best Friend
Reason: This just made me laugh so I had to highlight it LOL

Show us: "I don’t understand why life is so heavy, even when it is so wonderful; I had everything I could ever ask for, but still that spark slowly bled from me." - Aspara in Behind The Glow
Reason: This is just such a powerful quote. In context, it's about growing up and losing the innocence and wonder you had as a child. It's just so deep and relatable

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Your nominations of @Ipomoea & @Thana, "History," "Its an old story, really," @August's quote, and @Aspara's quote have been added to the nominees list!

Played by Offline rallidae [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 2,310
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Which OTS: CHARACTER
Show us: @Dune
Reason: Rae has the coolest, most well-written characters always and they never fail to burst with creativity! I've been loving Dune's dream threads because it reveals a side to both Dune and the character whose dream he's in that may not be so easily accessible in reality - and then they meet in real life and it's wonderful and perfect and strange! I'm such a fan of how Rae writes him.

Which OTS: PAIR
Show us: @Pilate and @Andras
Reason: Maybe my bias is showing but also *not* because both Pilate and Andras are SO good and when they're put together?? Magic. Seriously one of my favorite pairs out there, not just because they are both written so well, but because every interaction they have is so fun and quite literally charged with electricity.

Which OTS: QUOTE
Show us: From @Seraphina's to think we could stay the same
"What is redemption? How can it be classified, picked apart, dissected? If it is simply a matter of mathematics, time could certainly make up for my sins. I’m sure that I could find a way to save enough lives to make up for the deaths that I have caused. But it is not math. Lives are not an equation; each one is unique. And no matter how many I might save, no matter how much good I might do, there is no way to bring back the dead, or make up for their absence."
Reason: Well this entire post ruined me but *this* part in particular—really hurt. Seraphina's lifelong feeling of guilt is captured painfully clearly in this excerpt, and Jeanne always manages to write her in a way that is poignant, sad, yet philosophical in shades. This post tore my heart out as an iconic character makes an exit, at least for a time!

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Your nomination of @Pilate & @Andras, @Dune, and @Seraphina's quote have been added to the nominees list!

[Image: caine-renevene1.gif]  [Image: aghavni-marnah.png]  [Image: senna-renevene.gif] [Image: 20254948_EiWm9Q6tB0zIq3h.gif]
ral∙li∙dae
choose your player

Played by Offline syndicate [PM] Posts: 0 — Threads: 0
Signos: 100
OOC Account

Spotlight Nomination!

Show us: without reading
Reason: Avesta and Aspara are two characters I've desperately wanted to see more of/interacting together since they were brought on site. Nes and Rae have put so much time into the relationship between Eik and Isra, and the relationship of the parents really shows in the interaction of the children, I think; they're just so fully formed. Anyways. I just thought this was a nice change of pace for the majority of Novus threads, a very well-formed relationship between siblings that I haven't personally seen in a while? 

Which OTS: Quote Show uswithout reading by @Avesta, "Of course there was something different about her. Something different about me, too. I expected no less, so I was not bothered, not a first, when her kiss felt like it did not know what it wanted to be. Like maybe love was a thing that could be outgrown, and we had both done an awful lot of growing."
Reason: It's just so poignant and relatable, and I think it captures an interesting maturity. It also, pretty simply states, growing up is hard and so is love. 

Which OTS: Quote Show usbreathe in the story by @Martell, "He does not know that he is following [Isra's] ghost when he, too, lies down in the golden grass, and presses his cheek against the twilight bark. It is cold, like glass, and rough-textured like any natural, gnarled oak. And he presses harder and harder against those edges until he cuts himself, and bleeds." 

Reason: I am thrilled to see Martell in action on Novus, and griff's writing is always a gift. I just... remember reading this as his first post, and getting absolute chill at the end of it for what it means for Novus and Isra, and also the complexity of his emotions so early on for a new character. 

*** STAFF EDIT ***
Your nominations of "without reading," @Avesta's quote, and @Martell's quote have been added to the nominees list!