Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - like birds the brown leaves hover [fall]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 12
Signos: 5
Dawn Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  14 [Year 497 Spring]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

But it will not be long
Before their wild confusion
Fall wavering down to cover
The poet and his song.

She has not come to party exclusively, no, this is the best time for her work and so she is at the festival’s center, whenever she can, dancing and dancing and dancing until her cup is full of coin or she has seen enough smiles to say, “I have done enough work,” and go drink and dance and sleep, under the seasonal lights, or alone or with company. 

So today is one of such days, during the festivities, where she is in the middle of it, her violin belting out jigs from worlds beyond. Mesnyi is always looking for patrons, though thus far none have lasted for more than a few weeks; she is easily bored and so are they. She hasn’t found the tireless lover who would give all his money to support her mere existence. That is part of why she often toys with leaving Novus, but there is nowhere to go but farther from where she might be found and so she is still here.

And it is in her tireless search that she sees a finely dressed young man. There are many, of course, and countless Deluminians and travelers alike wear their nicest garb for the festival, but he looks expensive. So it is without any illusion of coyness that she dances up to him, shimmering with sweat and her natural iridescence, jasmine-scent blooming around her. ”Good afternoon,” she bows, and rises again; she never stops moving.

"Speaking."

@Amunemhet

"You see, women are like fires, like flames. Some women are like candles, bright and friendly. Some are like single sparks, or embers, like fireflies for chasing on summer nights. Some are like campfires, all light and heat for a night and willing to be left after. Some women are like hearthfires, not much to look at but underneath they are all warm red coal that burns a long, long while."

[Image: 26y3cfu.png]
tracker
plotter
please tag the proper character for replies

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 5 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

The other courts don’t much interest me, to be honest. Solis’ mercy, forgive my ungraciousness, but there is nowhere else in Novus I would rather be than in His court, the Court of Sun. Outside its walls, outside the desert, I feel like an outsider. I feel as though I am not even from this world.

Perhaps it is because my entire world, my entire life, has been spent within Solterra’s walls, within the Mors’ embrace. Does that make me sheltered? Perhaps, but is that not the nature of a first-born son, heir to an empire? Travels like this one were a necessary evil, but occasionally unavoidable.

Normally, father takes care of contracts with business partners in the other courts, but he has been occupied with the ever persistent problem of ore supplies. Right now, he is dealing with a missing shipment of iron that was supposed to be in the ports two days past. So, it has become my job to meet with our ally and friend in Delumine. A mister Varteres.

I am not expecting the festivities, when I arrive, though they are in full swing. It is a good thing that I go nowhere without my satins, as mother would always insist. I am certainly dressed for the occasion. Besides, I could never meet with an associate of the family business looking like a pauper. Mother would be appalled.

Heret perches upon my croup as I weave expertly through the crowd. A lively, melodic violin grows louder as I come upon a small gathering of equines, all looking upon—with equal measures I ascertain both awe and longing—a lavender hued unicorn. She is dancing.

Her eyes alight upon me, and she sways closer. She is beautiful, there is no denying it certainly. My deep gold eyes watch her with a measure of guarded curiosity. “Light be with you,” I say in greeting, smiling, remembering everything my mother has taught me. Manners, manners, manners. Solis, be with me, I think, as her scent wafts toward my nose.

"Speaking."

@Mesnyi

[Image: 21688264_2Zx.png]
we're the chosen ones
the children of the sun