Novus
Hello, Guest! Register

- (may)bird's log

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline rallidae [PM] Posts: 5 — Threads: 3
Signos: 50
Dusk Court Medic
Female [she/her/hers] // 2 [Year 503 Winter] // 14.2 hh // Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 16 // Active Magic: N/A // Bonded: Rook (Whitetail Deer)

ACTIVE

INACTIVE
  • none yet

FINISHED
  • none yet

—❦—

BASE EXP: 10
GAINED: +0
TOTAL: 10 / 100

power-related: +0
  • gain bonded (need to claim) +1

stealth-related: +0
  • none yet

birth-related: +0
  • none yet

miscellaneous or ooc-related: +0
  • none yet

THERE'S SOMETHING SOFT IN ME
we killed it and now it's rotting.

✧✦✧

Dusk Court Medic
Female [she/her/hers] // 2 [Year 503 Winter] // 14.2 hh // Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 16 // Active Magic: N/A // Bonded: Rook (Whitetail Deer)

M A Y B I R D

A
s the husband of Mrs. Mirvan had borne so large a share in the disagreeable altercation, Lord Orville forbore to make any comments upon it; so that the subject was immediately dropt, and the conversation became calmly sociable, and politely cheerful, and, to every body but me, must have been highly agreeable:-but, as to myself, I was so eagerly desirous of making some apology to Lord Orville, for the impertinence of which he must have thought me guilty at the ridotto, and yet so utterly unable to assume sufficient courage to speak to him, concerning an affair in which I had so terribly exposed myself, that I hardly ventured to say a word all the time we were walking. Besides, the knowledge of his contemptuous opinion haunted and dispirited me, and made me fear he might possibly misconstrue whatever I should say. So that, far from enjoying a conversation which might, at any other time, have delighted me, I continued silent, uncomfortable, and ashamed. O, Sir, shall I ever again involve myself in so foolish an embarrassment? I am sure that, if I do, I shall deserve greater mortification.

We were not joined by the rest of the party till we had taken three or four turns around the room; and then they were so quarrelsome, that Mrs. Mirvan complained of being fatigued and proposed going home. No one dissented. Lord Orville joined another party, having first made an offer of his services, which the gentlemen declined, and we proceeded to an outward room, where we waited for the carriages. It was settled that we should return to town in the same manner we came to Ranelagh; and, accordingly, Monsieur Du Bois handed Madame Duval into a hackney coach, and was just preparing to follow her, when she screamed, and jumped hastily out, declaring she was wet through all her clothes. Indeed, upon examination the coach was found to be in a dismal condition; for the weather proved very bad, and the rain had, though I know not how, made its way into the carriage.

It was not Death, for I stood up,
And all the Dead, lie down -
It was not Night, for all the Bells
Put out their Tongues, for Noon.

« r » | @Maybird

Dusk Court Medic

and lord don't let me break this
let me hold it lightly

L

orem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Varius morbi enim nunc faucibus. At urna condimentum mattis pellentesque id. Commodo nulla facilisi nullam vehicula ipsum a arcu cursus vitae. Mi proin sed libero enim sed faucibus turpis in. Est velit egestas dui id ornare arcu odio ut. Pretium fusce id velit ut tortor pretium.

"She speaks like this." Varius morbi enim nunc faucibus a. Dolor sit amet consectetur adipiscing elit ut aliquam purus. Quam adipiscing vitae proin sagittis nisl rhoncus mattis rhoncus. Nibh praesent tristique magna sit amet purus gravida quis blandit. Molestie at elementum eu facilisis sed. Orci porta non pulvinar neque laoreet suspendisse interdum. Ultrices in iaculis nunc sed augue lacus viverra. Etiam tempor orci eu lobortis elementum nibh. Faucibus pulvinar elementum integer enim neque volutpat ac. Scelerisque felis imperdiet proin fermentum leo vel. Aliquam ultrices sagittis orci a scelerisque purus. Diam quis enim lobortis scelerisque. Ultricies mi quis hendrerit dolor magna eget est.

« r » | @Maybird

Dusk Court Medic

A
s the husband of Mrs. Mirvan had borne so large a share in the disagreeable altercation, Lord Orville forbore to make any comments upon it; so that the subject was immediately dropt, and the conversation became calmly sociable, and politely cheerful, and, to every body but me, must have been highly agreeable:-but, as to myself, I was so eagerly desirous of making some apology to Lord Orville, for the impertinence of which he must have thought me guilty at the ridotto, and yet so utterly unable to assume sufficient courage to speak to him, concerning an affair in which I had so terribly exposed myself, that I hardly ventured to say a word all the time we were walking. Besides, the knowledge of his contemptuous opinion haunted and dispirited me, and made me fear he might possibly misconstrue whatever I should say. So that, far from enjoying a conversation which might, at any other time, have delighted me, I continued silent, uncomfortable, and ashamed. O, Sir, shall I ever again involve myself in so foolish an embarrassment? I am sure that, if I do, I shall deserve greater mortification.

We were not joined by the rest of the party till we had taken three or four turns around the room; and then they were so quarrelsome, that Mrs. Mirvan complained of being fatigued and proposed going home. No one dissented.

"O never mind the old beldame," cried the Captain, "she's weather-proof, I'll answer for her; and besides, as we are all, I hope, English, why she'll meet with no worse than she expects from us."

§

short quote goes here

« r » | @tag

Dusk Court Medic

whom the gods would destroy they first make mad.

I
wonder why there are so many dead things in the forest.

Is it because the leaves are coated in skins of frost, the air so cold everything glistens? Does winter collect dead things like a poacher collects furs? I look to Rook with a silent question but he is staring down at it, at the carcass, nothing but white fur and a stomach torn wide open, guts on vile display.

My mask flips over my head as I peek down at it. Prod hesitantly at a patch of matted fur that blends near perfectly into the snow.

It's eviscerated. Steam rises in fluttering waves off of the guts—entrails—and I turn my nose away, faintly disgusted. The marmots and hares the boys dissected back home weren't quite so torn and bloody.

E-vis-cer-a-ted. The word has a strange loveliness to it. Like:

Ex-san-gui-na-tion.

Bird—be quiet. I startle before looking guiltily towards Rook's dark, stiff back. I forget, sometimes, that he can hear me if I'm not careful enough. I back away from the dead thing until my tail presses into the icy fringe of a shrub.

I almost think back you were the one who taught those words to me until the carcass grows bloodier from farther away and Rook grows leaner, and taller, and paler.

Until I remind myself that Rook hates death more than he hates me, and that I don't to become like Ma.

"Fine," I say instead, my voice bouncing eerily from tree to tree. "I'll bury it."
« r »