Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - when small worlds get smaller [date]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

now the dark begins to rise
save your breath, it's far from over

W
hen Bram told me I needed to get ready for a date, I nearly strangled him. It wasn't a good thing to joke about, especially considering everything went to shit with Al'Zahra (and no one's seen her in months). But apparently I did need to get ready for a date because he put my name into some bullshit thing for blind dates.

For one thing, I didn't even know he could write, but also- the nerve of him? The last thing I wanted to do was waste my time with someone that'll likely turn into an idiot or an asshole. The idea of being randomly paired makes me cringe too because it could be anyone. I had many questions too, but the main one is who else entered. If someone like Moira did, I'd leave immediately and track down whoever organized the whole thing. Absolutely not, I'd say.

There's a small part of me that does kind of want to find another partner (I should emphasize that this is VERY VERY small and this is more for Maeve's sake than mine). Al'Zahra may be Maeve's other birth mother, but she's about as close to a Mom as a rock is. Hell, Bram (a wolf), can take better care of Maeve than Al'Zahra ever will. I want to say that I can do it all myself, but raising a child is about exactly how I expected, if not worse sometimes. I love her with all my heart, but it's frustrating to have someone who wants to follow you around daily. At least Bram understands my cues when I just want to be left alone or deal with Court duties myself. Maeve is too curious for her own good.

But, sigh, I still love her for it. I will always love her for it.

I left her with Aspara tonight since Antiope is off somewhere doing something. The two seemed to get along pretty well lately, so I'm glad to see she's made a friend. I'm also thankful that this stupid date is scheduled here in Denocte so if this goes to shit (or something else), I'll still be here. I'm not keeping my hopes up for anything spectacular though. Watch me get paired with some arrogant ass who thinks he can win me over with a drink.

Fuck - that's basically forbidden. At least after the last time I drank too much. Antiope didn't say I was banned from the bar, but that's basically what happened. It's a good thing I had a liquor stash at my house.

For the sake of all this, I'm going to try avoiding the bar. I'm not in the mood to get chewed out again by someone who just doesn't get it, no matter how much I try to explain. I already apologized and that alone was hard for me.

Our meeting place is here at the lake. All I have really is a note that says "Vitreus Lake, ask for Estelle" so I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. Although, when I do arrive and see horses ice skating, I have to do a double take. My expression will say it all- I'm completely dumbfounded. What the hell is this? They are just gliding along the ice with some kind of magic at their hooves. They're all laughing like this is normal. Um, okay, sure. Apparently there's this magical dust someone made for this occasion that temporarily gives you the ability to skate. I take one look at the bucket it's in, roll my eyes and walk over to the booth that's nearby.

I guess in Antiope's favor, there's no alcohol being served here, only hot cocoa. I pay for a cup and as the merchant hands it over to me, I force a smile. "Thank you. Do you happen to know anyone here named Estelle?" The name is foreign to me so I'm assuming they're not Night Court.

The man points to a small gray woman standing off to the side over by the lake. I nod to him and make my way over to start this entirely awkward evening. The sun hasn't completely set yet, but I'm not feeling this sunset as a "mood".

"Estelle?" I ask, trying to keep the awkwardness out of my tone. "It's Morrighan." If this isn't actually who I'm supposed to be on a "date" with, I'm going to just throw myself into the frozen lake without the magic dust.

Maybe I'll just do that anyways.

{ @Estelle "speaks" notes: text }
« r ; art »