Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - throw me to the wolves

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

YOU'RE LIKE A PHANTOM GREETING ME

We plot in the shadows // hang out in the gallows // stuck in a loop for eternity

It hasn't entirely sunk in yet that she is now a leader and responsible for way more than just her daughter. Morrighan isn't sure if she'll ever get used to having so many eyes on her and feeling so exposed. The whisperings still echo in her head and it starts to blend with Antiope's words before she left.

Can she keep violence away from the Court when her own magical element brings destruction and chaos? Can she earn the Court's respect through other ways than just intimidation? It's all foreign to her, but she wants to try. She's not sure if she wants to do it more for them or Maeve or herself.

Now that she has made the big announcement, there's something she has to take care of. Or rather, someone.

Moira.

Morrighan finds her in the courtyard doing who knows what (probably thinking about another boy that's more important than her Court). Even before Moira utters a word, just seeing her is enough to make Morr irritated.

She has all the power now. She could demote the Emissary and rub that in her face for as long as she's the queen. She could even banish her if she was feeling that ambitious. Morr is thinking of all these possibilities as she approaches the woman, still limping a little from her damn leg. It doesn't hurt as bad as it has, if anything, it's even gone a little numb.

There is a bandage wrapped around the strange wound to hide just how bad it looks. Thankfully Elena has been able to help her with some medicine, although still no one can figure out what's actually wrong. It's like something has cursed her by magic (or someone, Thana did bite her after all. It could likely be some strange kind of poison from her).

She tries not to show this weakness in her when she finally faces Moira. Instead, she keeps her head high and her eyes cold despite the fire that so badly wants to escape her grasp.

"Moira," she says, her voice low and almost like a wolf's growl. "As your new queen, tell me why I should trust you. Prove to me why you're worthy of being my Emissary."

She looks at her then with narrowed eyes. It's a challenge, a reminder of the night they argued while she did target practice. She almost wanted to use Moira as one, but she spared her then. Somehow, she's not sure why.

"Speaking."
credits