Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - behind the glass.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Fadedstarss [PM] Posts: 4 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

brenn
inspire others, inspire yourself. music of the soul.
A low humming tune left his lips, his white ears twitching around with every noise that came into range. It wasn't like he felt unsafe, exactly. But finding a place like this when all he was used to during the time he had been in Solterra was the vast amount of sand was more than a little offputting for him.

Once he deemed it safe enough, Brenn slowly stepped closer to the bright blue waters and reached his head down to offer himself some refreshment. It was slightly awkward, with how long his legs were but he eventually managed - even if he had to spread his front legs further than he was used to. His growth spurt had come a little later, making him not as comfortable in his own body as one of his age should. He only hoped it wasn't too unsightly - though, it would not be the first time he had been mistaken for a youngling by others, he understood but that didn't mean he liked it. He supposed his joyful energy might give that impression to people after all.

Raising his head once again, he found a spot more in the shade - a little away from the strong sun, which was only dimmed slightly by the winter that ran over all of Novus. It was definitely more comfortable to travel through Solterra now, with the occasional cold breeze wafting through the lands, though he wasn't planning on exploring the entire desert - that would be a death sentence, after all.

Hearing a noise behind him, his body tensed minutely, his blue eyes looking around for any sign of danger. Dread only grew in his stomach as he did not immediately see where the noise had come from. From what he had seen when he arrived at the Oasis, he was alone. Maybe someone else was here after all. Maybe he should call out?..

"Is anyone there?"

"speech"
ooc: for when he's here. ♥ text | tag

♦♦♦

@Sparrow / @Mernatius <3

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 5 — Threads: 2
Signos: 250
Day Court Citizen
Male [He/Him/His]  |  13 [Year 497 Fall]  |  14.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

I cannot say why I continue to return to this place. Even though everything was exactly how I remembered it, I still felt as though everything had changed.

The Oasis is familiar. How many times had Adonai and I slipped away from propriety, obligation, and duty to sneak out here to the blue waters and green tropics and simply be ourselves? There were very few times I could see the mantle of ‘Prince’ drop from Adonai’s shoulders, but here among green fan leaves and crystal clear waters there had never been anyone to judge or chastise. Here, with just the two of us, Adonai did not need to worry about what his family might think, how his siblings might condemn such a lighthearted freedom. The people’s peering eyes could not follow us here, and it had been our sanctuary…

… But even a place so beautiful and full of bittersweet memories could not save us from the turmoil and dreadful mess our lives had become.

As I arrived at the Oasis, my first stop was to step to the blue waters and quench my thirst. I did my best to not think of the last time I was here; dying beneath the sun, my body wretched, weak, and abused, infection burning fever hot beneath my skin. Ruth had saved me from death, but I still can’t help but wonder if it would have been better if she hadn’t.

A pity, truly. What a waste of her abilities.

The water was cool and refreshing upon my tongue. Water droplets fell from my lips as I raised my head, rolling an aching shoulder. Ever so slowly was my strength and sense of self returning to me. Even though I still looked a mess with my ribs visibly showing and my hip bones protruding, I felt better than I had in months. Oh, but living would continue to be a struggle for a long time to come. I had no idea where I stood with him...

A self-depreciating sigh left my lips and I glanced sidelong, the familiar dark and brooding feeling returning. Instead of the feeling settling into my gut and churning my insides, dragging my mental health through the muck, a voice from nearby distracted me and effectively yanked my mind from that terrible, dark places.

’Is anyone there?’

A soft voice beckoning with a touch of caution. I paused, ears forward, dual-colored eyes peering around left and right before spotting the fellow who had called out. Ah. I had missed him, tucked away into the shade provided by the large fan trees as he was. It certainly appeared to be a nice reprieve from the sun, even though the heat of the day had yet to return to the unforgiving temperature that the Mors was known for.

“Apologies,” I called, my voice rasping against my throat despite the drink I had just taken. Clearing my throat, which quite honestly did very little, I went on. “I didn’t see you there. I hope I didn’t disturb your afternoon.”

Screaming out with concrete sounds, I'm losing all control
And I could be the fire inside of your collapsing home
I could be the storm that tears down everything you hold

« r » | @Brenn <3

Played by Offline Fadedstarss [PM] Posts: 4 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

brenn
inspire others, inspire yourself. music of the soul.
When a voice reached him, his eyes moved towards the source. A little aways stood a rather disheveled looking man, while dual colored eyes still seemed alert. A slow wave of concern made itself home where dread once was as he tried not to stare and make the other uncomfortable, but it was hard not to when someone looked this rough. To put it kindly, the other looked like he was standing on death's door with the way his ribs and hipbones were portruding outwards, taking attention away from the smooth-looking grey and black coat and one of the most unique pair of eyes he had seen in a long while.

A kind smile came upon his lips, at least this stranger seemed to be nice so far. "No, not at all!" he answered with a small chuckle, his head tilted slightly to the right. "I just did not think someone would be here, considering I found this place more on accident." Though he supposed those who knew these lands better would manage to find their way here more easily, it simply had not crossed his mind at the time. Besides, he was just resting a little, enjoying the atmosphere this place seemed to carry along. Soothing his mind from any worries that had arisen in his solitude.

"speech"
ooc: sorry for the shortass post ;-; <3

♦♦♦

@Mernatius