Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - an addict for dramatics

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Malik

tagged
@Ruth

credit
1 / 2
malik
i've got more wit, a better kiss

His head is pounding.

It's not unlike Malik to wake up in a daze and have nearly no memory of the night before. Sometimes there are fragments that come back to him, but this time, all he can remember is that the drinks just kept coming. It had been hard to say no.

He rises from his bed and wakes up the woman next to him. It's clear they had slept together, but there is no memory of just how good (or how bad) the night had been. Either way, he gestures for her to leave and she seems disappointed, but Malik never sleeps with someone twice or lets them stay. Plus, now that he looks at her, she's kind of ugly and it would be a bit embarrassing to have to go out walking in public with her.

It takes some time, but he manages to stumble out into the Court streets. The sun beats down and makes his headache worse, but he knows one of the merchants sells a cure in the form of a potion. He's in the middle of buying it when he sees one of the Ieshans out of the corner of his eye. Malik doesn't remember her name, but he's fairly certain she's part of the noble family. Unlike whatever he had brought in last night, she's actually hot. Quickly, he takes the potion like a shot and walks over to the woman. He puffs out his chest to appear more together than he actually feels.

"Why hello there, beautiful," he says with a smile and leans in closer to her. "What brings you out on this fine day?"

Played by Offline Jeanne [PM] Posts: 49 — Threads: 12
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

☼  RUTH OF HOUSE IESHAN  ☼
רות

"IN HER IS THE END OF BREEDING / her boredom is exquisite and excessive. / She would like someone to speak to her, / And is almost afraid that I will commit that indiscretion."

When the man approaches me, I find myself asking something that I almost never do: that is, what would my siblings do in this situation?

Corradh has always had more than his fair share of lovers, of course. I’m not sure about Pilate (though, according to Ishak, who would know, he has some paramour from Delumine nowadays), but I know that Hagar would almost certainly bat her eyelashes and say something sugar-sweet, if she didn’t brush him off entirely. Delilah is composed entirely of sweet nothings, and Adonai has always had some burdened romanticism to him, which seems to attract people like flies to honey. And Miriam…

I don’t know how she loves, or who. I probably should, since she is my favorite, but I don’t.

(I suppose that only goes to show just how self-centered my interest is.)

When the man approaches me, I am searching the market stalls for supplies. They aren’t for work – I have my own experiments, which are not funded at all by the hospital. (I could probably get funding, but, with my family’s money, I don’t feel like I have any reason to dip into their funds; we are short-staffed and underfunded enough as is.) Ishak is somewhere in the shadows. I occasionally catch a glimpse of the metallic glint of his tattoos between market stalls, but he seems to be preoccupied by his own affairs.

(All the same, I’m sure that he is watching me like a hawk; he’d nearly killed me when I was somewhere not unlike this, after all.)

I am glancing back and forth about the rows of stalls when my thoughts are brought to an abrupt halt by the sound of a voice. Why hello there, beautiful. I turn to look at the man, who seems to be sauntering; he steps in close to me, smiling broadly, and I suppose that he is probably attractive, but I’ve never been much good at telling. Red-orange, white-haired, golden-eyed, adorned with jewelry; striking, certainly, and relatively well-maintained. I’ve always had a better eye for physique – he is somewhat well-muscled, but he is mostly trim and light, in good health if I’ve ever seen it.

(Perhaps a bit hungover, but that is mostly beside the point.)

What brings you out on this fine day?

For what it is worth: I do briefly consider what my siblings might do in this situation, and I conclude that he is more likely than not after my family’s money, or else my life. I’m the plainest daughter of my house, after all. It would be far more convincing to sidle up to Hagar or Delilah, or Pilate, or Adonai.

I tilt my head at him, forcing my dark lips to twitch up into something that is almost an ordinary, polite smile.

“I’m looking,” I say, in a perfectly flat tone, “for embalming fluid.”

@Malik || <3 || "the garden," Ezra Pound

HE FEEDS ME RED MEAT / HE WATCHES THE BLOOD POOL IN MY MOUTH
laughs at my red teeth

please tag Ruth! contact is encouraged, short of violence

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Malik

tagged
@Ruth

credit
1 / 2
malik
I'm an addict for dramatics, i confuse the two for love

I've flirted many times before, said the same lines even, and yeah I've gotten some mixed reactions. Some appreciate the compliment and even glow a little brighter from it, others get confused and then there are those that don't like it at all and might hit me or throw something at my face. Well, Ruth does none of those things. In fact, I'm not expecting her response at all.

"I'm looking for embalming fluid."

She says it so… nonchalantly too? As if this is a normal thing that everyone does or even a normal reaction to someone hitting on you. I just blink and look at her kind of dumbfounded. For once, someone has left me totally speechless and not in the they're so hot kind of speechless. Literally speechless.

"Uhh… oh," I start to say, hating myself for hesitating so much. "What do you need that for?" I'm hoping this isn't something she intends to use on me if this interaction goes south. I don't know much about the Ieshans other than they're rich and hold good parties, so maybe this will teach me I need to do more of my homework if I'm to get in their good graces.

"I think it's at the one over here," I say, gesturing to a stall further up and start to walk with her to it. I'm hoping my charm and style will be enough for me to skirt past whatever darker intentions this woman might have.