Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Festival] Once upon a time...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 55 — Threads: 14
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

↞ Meira ↠

Meira lets the exhaustion sink into her bones. It is a slow creeping, all-consuming thing. It is insidious in the way it saps one of all emotion and energy. It leaves nothing behind, it is so unlike fire. Meira sinks like her bones, down into the soft dirt beside the stone paths winding into the depths of Terrastella. The paths are swarming with others who cast her the odd glance, their faces are marred with confusion by her makeshift resting place. Her lids are weary, and struggle to stay open. The nights are always so long. Each night she dies a thousand times when she dreams. She dreams of an abyss that is not like anything in this world. It is an abyss with teeth, and a ravenous hunger. The promise of sleep whispers to her, even as the bodies swarm beside her. She has slept in the sea before, and that is all they are. An indiscernable blob of bodies that mean nothing to her. She drifts into the darkness. Plunges into the icy grasp as it pulls her down. This world has a gravity all its own, a gravity and a voice so loud it thunders. The thunder spills from her lips, and startles the small crowd moving beside her. 

Blue chasms shoot open, wide with alarm. She glances around wildly until she realizes where she is. Meira stares at the faces peering at her, concern is etched into their features. She does not speak, she can only stare. Her head falls against the cool stone wall she is nestled beside. That is the thing about exhaustion, it doesn't let go until it is ready to. Meira wants to sleep until it washes away her memories of the life she had in Denocte. Until it erases her past, and she is born anew. Meira momentarily perks up at the thought that she will one day join the Roannes again. The earth-bound sea stirs as the hum of voices grows to a dull roar. The bodies are moving again, though some are lingering to study her. She wonders what they would think if they could see what she really was. When she was a child. She wonders if they could still find themselves concerned with someone and something who frightened so many. Meira shifts herself upright a bit, so that she is not leaning entirely against the stone wall near the entrance into the tulip strewn fields of Terrastella. One of the bodies is still lingering, lingering though all the others have only given pause and moved on. "Can I help you?" She murmurs to the equine hanging nearby. The sleep is not yet  gone from her eyes, nor is the exhaustion gone from her bones.

It will be a wonder if she can partake in the festivities at all. She wants to sleep, to really and truly sleep.

@Elena
I hope this is alright <3

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

There is a pulse in the earth.
If she stands still enough, she swears she can feel it.

Never mind that it compounds the ache in her chest. Never mind that sometimes she holds her breath so long that it makes her vision swim. Never mind that she can never seem to make anything last. Can never make anyone – including herself – stay.

Today she feels a thousand years old. That slow, slow pulse of the earth lives in her veins and it beats and beats and beats, thrumming in her ears. She walks through Dusk Court, attending to the needs of those who have come to the festival. She greets those from Dawn and those from Day. She sees those from Night, hopes she does not see two faces that hang in the back of her mind like a ghost. But there are some that recognize her from knowing Elliana, they say “your daughter is a delight,” “kind of quiet isn’t she?” And Elena nods and laughs before scampering off.

She watches from a distance a girl who sits down beside one of the court’s stone walls, her body slumped, her head full of exhaustion. She wonders, if she is one of the poor that roam the streets, with no place to call their own, and it is this that spurns her forwards, never one to shy away from those who need her. The gusts and the flowers could wait.

The girls slumbers, or perhaps has fainted, Elena gathers with the crowd. “Excuse me,” she says moving past them, her silver bell voice ringing enough that some part. “Please, I am a healer,” she says, despite her position as Champion, Elena would still lend her skills to those who needed her.

Once she opens her eyes, the crowd starts to move, to leave, as if no longer interested in the tired creature, but Elena stays, cannot manage to pull herself away. “I don’t think so,” Elena says, taking her words as an invitation to move closer. “But can I help you?”

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Meira

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Dawn Court Soldier
Female [She/Her]  |  10 [Year 500 Winter]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

↞ Meira ↠

Meira peers at the woman who is made of pale spun gold and ivory. She is kindness. The way her eyes convey worry, or compassion strikes Meira. Yet, she is uncertain of if she can trust this stranger. The one who promises to help, and she finds herself doubing the words that fall from her companion's lips. These are his promises. The way she refutes Meira's words is strange, as her question was rhetorical. Meira stares as she contemplates how to answer the woman made from spun gold. "I am well, though weary. I have traveled across Novus the past few days, so I am simply tired and needed a break." The seaborn child answers the woman. Her oceanic eyes peer into similar pools. The words confirming that this woman was a healer did not go unnoticed, although she was unsure of if they were meant for her ears.

Meira hoists herself upon her sore, tired feet. She is a few hands taller, her own frame is far more wild and unkempt in comparison. The earth-bound sea remains quiet for a few beats, flickering her thorns as the bodies of Terrastella equines filter in and out of the city gates. "I'm Meira, of Delumine." The introduction falls from her lips. It feels as awkward as it tastes against the back of her teeth. Like a wine that has not aged as well as its counterparts. Meira thinks to herself that she is lucky to be so far from Denocte here. He hates Terrastella, and for now, she is free of his memory. As long as she does not think of him. The earth-bound sea waits and listens for further prompting from the spun gold woman with hair made of ivory thread.

@Elena
Sorry this should get better ;__;

Inactive Character

There are flitters of mistrust threading from the woman and into Elena. She offers her the only thing she can think of in response: a smile. She knows it is not enough, it is never enough for so many, but she thinks, maybe it can be a start, a small one, but a start all the same. Silver blue eyes blink with notes of laughter inside them. “Don’t we all need that sometimes?” She asks the girl and maybe here she should sigh, but refrains from doing so. There is only room for one weary soul here, and Elena will step aside and give comfort to the other. Her eyes remind her of Orani’s son, Jacob, and the way the star talker’s son would gaze so longingly out at nothing at all, at just dreams inside his head.

“Well we are happy to have you in Terrastella, Meira,” Elena greets her warmly (like spring sun and warm rain showers.) “I am Elena,” she gives her name in response. A name for a name. “I know you said you are weary,” Elena begins, those blue eyes dancing out towards the fields of flowers she worked so hard alongside other Terrastellans to create. “But I find new views a great way to refresh the body,” she and moves closer to the woman. “If you can find the strength, would you feel well enough to ascend some stairs,” and it is now that Elena starts to pull away, she leaves such little room for argument. “I promise the view is worth it.”

At least, she likes to believe it to be so.

so take away this apathy

@Meira

Dawn Court Soldier

↞ Meira ↠

The woman speaks again, her words yearn to join the weariness she feels. Meira does not miss the gentle smile on the mare made of spun gold, it shines almost as brightly as the rest of her. Meira knows it is meant to put her at ease, and to welcome her but can feel the seeds of doubt creep in. They sow their insidious skepticism in the meadows nestled at the edge ofher sea. Quiet. She remains quiet as the woman  begins to speak once more. The warmth from her is startling. Meira has never met anyone who had such a gravity to them. She burns is bright as the sun, and twice as hot. The earth-bound woman can feel herself getting sucked in by this woman's pull. Her infectious warmth and compassion spill over into her sea.

Her tides grow quiet until they are a distant hum. She cannot remember the last time she has received such a warm welcome in her life, or if she has at all. Elena. The name falls from earth stained lips.

Her eyes are bright, as bright as the blue sky overhead. They are so hard to miss. Meira is uncertain of how to act towards someone with such an abundance of compassion and warmth. She drifts closer into Meira's tides, and they swell momentarily before settling once more. The sting of attraction rakes itself down her throat. It warns her to keep her distance. 

She feels broken. She doesn't dare let herself feel in the presence of someone like this. Meira almost bristles as she realizes how charismatic this mare is. It is like him. At that moment, all her flowers and gravity vanish. It is once again just the two of them beneath a sunlit sky. She does not speak but gives the mare a silent nod to lead the way to this supposed view. " I somehow.. get the feeling that you're not just an everyday citizen of Terrastella."

@Elena
Thank you for your patience with me getting a reply up so late<3

Inactive Character

Elena can feel the woman’s tiredness, just as she can feel her own. “You seem weary,” Elena tells her, not just because she had caught her asleep. “Why?” Her questions hangs in the air between them, soft and unassuming, her fatigued eyes trace the lines of her face. She cannot help the small smiles that tugs at the corner of her mouth, as tired as it was.

They walk and although Elena’s blue eyes remain nearly entirely steadfast on the woman before her, she catches another off in the distance. Two others. Elliana, her daughter, and Azrael. She doesn’t know what she ever did in this life to deserve him, but she would gladly endure every hardship, every terrible moment, and every day of loneliness over and over again so long as it meant she would end up here. They have come a long way, but they are together now. They exchange smiles before Elena looks to the woman once more. “I’ve been told I make an excellent listener, if you wish to talk,” she says, and glances around the fields of flowers and those enjoying the festival. She watches their smiles, while knowing what they feel. She knows so much more than most that the mask does not always match what sits underneath. If it did, Elena’s would be made of porcelain, cracks weaving through it like spider webs. Cracked but not broken, a dent or two there, but it has not fallen to dust. Not yet.

“I am the Champion of Community,” she offers her. “And a healer, or I try to be at least,” she says, blue eyes focusing with all the softness of summer skies. “And where are you from, what do you enjoy?”

so take away this apathy

@Meira

Dawn Court Soldier

↞ Meira ↠

Elena notices her weariness. Meira pauses and studies her, wondering just how in tune with others this mare is. She wonders how much Elena is like Sebastien, if they are anything alike at all. Perhaps it is that she is just good at reading others, or perhaps she too is a mage. Meira peers at her, a soft frown forming on her features. The weariness that Elena asks about is not a topic she wishes to discuss. How is she to tell a stranger of her doubts about her belonging in Delumine? How she longs to return to her once-home in Solterra? How she is a monster waiting for her chance to return to the sea? Meira thinks as she peers at the woman, the soft frown etched carefully on her lips. "The world is a tiring thing." She answers, deflecting the real reason for her weariness.

The world is heavy, and it is because of him. 

Meira cannot tell a stranger about him. Nor the world she belongs to, or the doubts she currently finds herself running from. Elena speaks up that she is Terrastella's Champion of Community. That she is a healer by trade, or at least she tries to be. The earth-bound maiden finds herself to be more understanding of the warmth thrust upon her by a stranger. Given Elena's title, it makes sense why she approaches others in such a way. The insidious notes of doubt are not missed by Meira. They are too familiar to her to miss. "You try to be? Isn't being a healer one of those, you are or are not professions?" She asks, hoping that Elena will not notice her glaring ignorance to such matters. 

She is the opposite of Elena. She is the one who gives those like Elena work. "I'm a soldier in Delumine. As for what I enjoy? The thrill of battle mostly. The sea. Most of all Solis I think... and you?" She is trying her best to reciprocate her companion's conversational skills. She hopes Elena will ignore the fact that Meira ignored the poignant statement Elena has made about being an excellent listener.

@Elena
Thank you for your patience with me getting a reply up so late<3