Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - this beat hits so different [ fire festival ]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 10
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

LET ME SHOW YOU
what you've been missing

It's strange to wander into a land and never feel eyes on them, they think. A place where judgements aren't spoken aloud, where barbed whispers don't chase them down. Cicatrix has long learned that the words of the ones that wish to hurt them were nothing, but that didn't mean they didn't haunt them wherever they went. They were well aware of how they looked, a face with no skin, a drip of blue glimmering liquid. It isn't as if the sight of them is something . . . normal. They're well aware of how different they are, how they can easily cause unease . . . yet something still compelled them to come to this festival.

There's a sweep of feathers and thin skin, their wings catching air as they land delicately on golden hooves, feeling weight press down and taking in a breath as they do. The astronomer carefully tucks their wings to their sides, hiding the maps that stretched over the expanse of blues and blacks. So far, so good. A few glances were cast their way, but that's something that comes with being well . . . them. Carefully, they arrange the cloak that much closer to themselves, the golden rings on the top of it pressing against the onyx pitch of their skull, and they turn their head away slowly, taking in the sounds and sighs of the place. It's bright here, warm, a sort of sensation that could be related to home, if they had ever bothered to talk about it.

With a soft jingle of chains, they lower their head a little, attempting to make themselves seem that much smaller. If there was someone to talk to, they could seek them out. For now though, Cicatrix makes a beeline toward a fire, if only to admire the warmth and the way the flames dance and move. Something is calming about it, enough so that their legs fold and carefully they lay down, light enough on their legs that it wouldn't bother them to do so.  

ooc|| god it's been aGES

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 7
Signos: 320
Night Court Merchant
Male [he/him/his]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

M
ovement. Everyone is in motion, dancing with friends, jumping through a blaze, laughing, cajoling, reaching out to a new court with new faces. There are eyes that are unsure and insecure, suspicion rooted in the heart of them, but still they come when their sovereign does. Ipomoea leads his people to a sea of light and fire under the stars and presses them like petals into the pages of people.

They are a swarm of parasites leeching off another court - each seeks to gain something it didn’t have before. Whoever said they could not have symbiotic relationships must never have known about nature and relationships.

Or relationships at all.

Some work.
Some don’t.

His own laughter is bright, tinkling. Golden eyes gleam with everything but the truth as they dance with the people. Tall. Small. Wide. Thin. It matters not here, not on this eve of celebration and renewal of strength.

Iron must first be burned and hammered before it is cooled, forged in the belly of a beast before it can bite them back.

And a beast rises. Leather wings drop them to the earth. Golden feet take them to a fire. A skull is all anyone would see. Alecto has seen the face of death and did not fear it. He does not fear the reaper now as he approaches.

With an offering of a glass of cider, he stands beside the fallen giant. Quiet. Observant. “You and I, we are made of the same skins.” He breathes the words into the world and they become truth. Every bead of sweat from the heat of the fire is another grain of history being made. There, the one who wears the charts of Alecto’s skin lies quiet and small. There, the one who is the night come alive is a giant to the other being.

There, they are simply alive.

§

and in the sagging of your skin and sloughing of your voice, i found redemption, i found a choice

« r » | @Cicatrix

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 10
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

LET ME SHOW YOU
what you've been missing

They know there are gazes that linger, that trace patterns along their starry skin and the wonderment of the star maps on their wings. But most of the gazes, surely, settle somewhere on their face and bore holes within the bone, staring, staring, staring. Cicatrix is used to this, though they would be lying if they said they enjoyed the fact they were used to it. The stares can make them uncomfortable at times, especially where they are naught but a stranger in the tides of bodies here. They came here with the hope to perhaps settle, make a life.

Live to the fullest that they could, even if this existence in these lands could be nothing but a drop in the bucket of their longevity.

The pitch of their head lifts, and tilts to one side, glancing from underneath the cloak they so covet to glance toward someone nearing them. Would there be sharp words, or an olive branch? It's strange to hear what they say, and if Cicatrix had eyes, perhaps they would have blinked them in their mild confusion.

What the stranger receives from a stranger themselves is a quiet stare and a soft laugh between gilded teeth. It rumbles, and the giant seems so small in the way they lie there, hooves digging slightly into the earth, enjoying the heat of a fire on a night like tonight. "Are you so certain? It isn't often I meet someone like myself." Divinity had cursed them, but they do not utter that fact. They instead only exhale a soft chortle, words delicately woven. Soft, expressive.

When one doesn't have the muscles or face to create expressions, they learn to speak to show what they mean. It's in this way that Cicatrix is blessed; being able to at least articulate what they feel in soft tones.

Still, they are happy someone is at least talking to them, they cannot deny the loneliness they have carried on their shoulders through the years. "...I am Cicatrix."

@Alecto

ooc|| echo let me love u