Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Matchbook Hearts [fire]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 7
Signos: 320
Night Court Merchant
Male [he/him/his]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

and I have no one left but you to blame

She stands as a pillar against corruption, a beacon of flame as her own fires dance around her. Even fresh from birth, Morrighan looks a force to be reckoned with. Hair crisp, short. Bram beside her. Every ounce the warrior she’s always been, the fighter that came from the womb screaming and kicking into a world ready to scream and kick louder, harder. 

Alecto looks to her, to the blues and greens that reflect in those depthless eyes. 

The burden of a nation lies on her shoulder, and he does not say that he knows the weight of people’s expectations better than he knows his own name. 

Instead, the man of starlight and everything opposite Morr moves as a sailboat through the skies. There is only the smell of wood smoke. There is only the sound of laughter. And he stops at her right to look at The people she looks at. The night is still young and their journey was long, but Morrighan does not let fatigue show if she feels anything at all. Alecto knows better than to show anything more than a façade, too. So he tips an ear towards the Regent, respectful of the wolf that nips by her heels. 

“Few were as sure-footed as you, Lady Regent, on their way into the shrouded North.” Golden eyes do not look left, glancing at a woman who surely frowns more deeply than even his own father knows how to. They remain on the people she guards, the fragile lives she strives to see fulfilled despite the fury and anger ripping at her soul every second of every day. 

His silence is unsettling. But then again, so is hers. 

“I’ve yet to properly meet you. Allow me then, please, to introduce myself. I am Alecto, fresh from the ships of far trading countries, come to your beautiful city in hopes of making...something of a home I suppose. If nothing else, a story would settle with me just fine, too.” The voice that sighs to her is gentle, licking like a flame along her neck, resting as a laughing ember in her ear. 

And he is honest, oh so frighteningly honest, before the Regent who would have his tongue for swaying it too much. 

« r » | @'Morrighan' <3

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

beat me black and blue, every wound will shape me, every scar will build my throne

M
orrighan knows his kind even before he speaks a word to her. A man who thinks he's hot shit with a silver tongue. One who pretends to have all the confidence in the world, but is really too cowardly for commitment. Otherwise, one who flirts for the fun of it and is just looking for a fling. Well, he'll find absolutely none of that here.

She has been trying to ignore his gaze even though it's been burning into her for a few moments now. Instead she's been watching those of her Court and also keeping an eye on Maeve. It's been a good festival so far, so she would hope that some asshole wouldn't come along and ruin it.

Unfortunately, it seems she won't be so lucky.

Her leg is sore from the wound that's been hardly healing, so the comment is a poor choice of words for him. It leads her to glare at him with an even colder gaze and narrowed eyes. If she were a wolf, she would pull her lips back in a snarl. Perhaps in a way she does so with her gaze and the flaring of her nostrils.

"Far trading countries, you say? In my experience, someone who comes from a far land tends to bring a lot of baggage with them and a target on their back," she says flatly. From her expression, he'll see that she's not very impressed by his background. "What purpose do you have here?" It's a question she finds herself asking newcomers often, especially those who join her Court. Sometimes they like to skirt around the truth, but if they seem nervous, it at least gives her a reason to keep better watch on them. Hopefully whatever baggage he has, it won't bring any trouble to Denocte.

"Speaking."

« r ; art » | @Alecto