Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - urgent: to elena, from the sovereign of denocte

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

Dear Elena,

So yes, as the title says, I am the new Sovereign of Night Court. But that's not why I'm sending this letter... I need your help.

Something's happened. I'm writing to you in confidence that you don't tell anyone, especially not Maeve. The medics can't figure out what's wrong with me. I have an awful wound on my leg that I got while I was on the island and it can't seem to heal. They've tried everything, but nothing is working. It's like my body is dying on me and will only get worse if I don't do something about it. And I mean it, the skin is actually dying and peeling away. I'm able to put a salve on it temporarily, but whatever this is seems to be growing a tolerance for it. I'll need something stronger, maybe with more magic.

(Figures, we went to the island to see the sights and it completely changed. Apparently, it's changed me too.)

I'm coming to you because I know how talented of a healer you are. I'm hoping you might know some more medicinal combinations that might help me.

Please write back soon. I hate to say it, but I'm desperate at this point.

Sincerely,
Morrighan Ciardha
Sovereign of Denocte
Paper texture by Ayelie-stock

@Elena <3

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

Morr,

You’re secret is safe with me, I can promise you that.

It sounds like your skin….it sounds like it is rotting, the way I have seen petals fall from flowers when the summer season ends. I have seen it too in the dying of animals. Though all of them, their hearts long stopped beating before such a thing occurred and you, you are still alive. Least you be a ghost writing to me.

You went to the island? Morr, the island, the things I saw, I agree that this cannot be just any ordinary injury that you have sustained. I will not know for sure though until I have seen it myself. I will send this letter and get Elli settled with my ward before heading your way.

Hold tight, Morrighan, I will be there soon, stay strong. Keep your flames ablaze.

Blessed be the fight.

Sunflowers,

Elena

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Morrighan

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

Dear Elena,

I'm writing to you today in a much better position than I was before. I've actually found myself out in the sunlight and enjoying every moment of it (which is a little odd, I suppose. I've always been more of a night owl). The medicine you were able to procure for me has worked wonders.

I still don't know what happened, but I'm starting to wonder if it's related to a woman I got into a brief fight with. Her name is Thana and this had been the second time I ran into her on the island. All the more reason to avoid that place now. I think she must live there-- it suits her with how terrible and strange it is. She had bitten me during the fight, so it's as if she poisoned or cursed me with her magic.

I've learned the hard way though- the medicine isn't a cure-all. I have to apply it daily or else it gets worse or makes my leg go numb. If I had been alone when I fell, I don't know what would've happened to me.

I can't thank you enough for coming all the way here to help me. I think I remember enough of the recipe to have the medics make more doses, but if you could send me your full recipe just in case, I would appreciate it. I fear I will run out of this quickly and might be in a rough place again.

I'm hoping this isn't my fate. It certainly gives immortality a new meaning and I'm not sure I'm looking forward to that. Denocte needs a Sovereign who will be strong too, so I fear this will make me (and the Court) weaker.

I suppose we'll see, but for now, I wanted to let you know that I'm well and I appreciate your kindness and skill. Give Elli a hug from me and Maeve. We hope to see you again soon.

Sincerely,
Morrighan Ciardha
Sovereign of Denocte
Paper texture by Ayelie-stock

As Morrighan finishes up her letter, she stops for a moment and reads the message over again. What had happened was much more than just a fall and it was with Moira, of all people. Still, it was shitty enough to have to show such vulnerability to a woman she doesn't trust (and may never fully trust). She's not ready to admit it yet that she is thankful Moira had been there, so she doesn't crumple up the paper to re-write it. Maybe word will get out eventually anyway and she'll be forced to face it then.

She secures the letter with a falcon and the bird takes off back to Terrastella. The Sovereign steps away from the window to get back to her new routine of reapplying her medicine and replacing her bandage. If this had been from Thana, she has half a mind to seek revenge on her. For now, she will just hope that someone will figure out a cure someday.

@Elena <3

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

It is a sunny spring afternoon when the falcon arrives to her. Elena knows immediately who it is from and Elena goes to the window, ties the letter from its leg.

Dear Morr,

The Island is a strange place, Morr, and the city erupted from its magical breath is stranger still. I think it best if we all avoid it and let it sink into the sea. What I have seen, what I have felt there. Elli was born there—that is its only redeeming quality.

I wonder sometimes if that is why—Never mind.

I am going to continue to look for something that can cure instead of simply manage. Do you know the type of magic Thana has? If I could just meet her, I would know, but though I have met strange characters on the island, they have harbored their names close to their hearts.

I will send another dove with the medicine, be on the lookout. Have you had any side effects. Has it started to recede the rotting skin? Or only halted it?

Sunflowers,

Elena

She ties the letter to a dove before moving out the door of her cottage to go to the Hospital. So determined to come up with a cure.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Morrighan

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star