Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - and everything is not the same now [summer]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 25 — Threads: 3
Signos: 275
Inactive Character

FINALLY! Something to do! It seemed like all he ever did these days was stand in the doorway, looking out across the lake. He would search for hours for his mother, hoping and praying that she would return to him safely. She had robbed him on a childhood, something he had wanted more than anything. Just to be young and free, it was a dream he was never allowed to have. But then she came home and everything seemed to change. Nothing was the same, nothing was as it seemed. And yet, he was still here, feeling so lonely.

The summer beach bash was the perfect place for him to try and fit in, to find something that made him feel young again, as if his measly two years of life classified him as old. He was up at dawn, picking seashells and playing volleyball like everyone else who had gathered here. But perhaps what he was looking forward to the most was the sandcastle building. As a much younger child, he had spent his mornings at the lakeside beach, building castles and shapes in the sand. He had loved it.

This particular hour, he had set down to the beach with his shovels and pales in hand. He nestled himself in the white sands, smoothing out the base for what would be a grand sand castle, he could feel it. Beside him was a small trough of water, already filled to the brim to use as a glue. Filling up his first bucket with sand, he added a little water to make it stick more firmly together before he dumped it in the center of his base.

At first, his castle didn’t seem like much and probably wouldn’t win first place, but it made him happy. And so, the happy colt continued to build his masterpiece, putting in one more bucket of sand at a time. He was still a long ways from being finished, but overall, he was happy with the way it was turning out. But like everything else in his life, he was just waiting for the structure to come crashing down around him.

@Maeve

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

the phoenix

I let myself feel the music around me instead of the fire inside my veins. I want to dance and feel the energy of the day and not the fury of the flames. Even if it might have a good side, I'm not sure if I'm ready to face it yet. I'm not sure if I ever will.

So I dance. The music is fast paced and I don't really know what I'm doing. I remember back to fall when Momma Zahra and I went to Dawn. She tried to show me how she danced, but it kind of stressed me out too much. I saw how much fun everyone was having and I don't think there is any real way to dance. You just go with however your body moves and feels like doing. So, that's what I'm going with. Rory flies in circles above me and swoops down to playfully tug at my mane. I give him a mischievous look and my dancing becomes more like chasing. We are two wild creatures on the beach, but I don't care how silly we look.

While some might be collecting shells or making sand castles, I'm playing with my hawk and forgetting the dangers of the world around me. The music has faded the further away I get, but it still plays in my mind. I laugh at the joy of it all and Rory is too, a rare sight for the bird.

But my fun is interrupted when I stumble over something. I had been too busy jumping around that I wasn't really watching where I was going. After I've fallen over and look around, I realize that I just knocked over a pale of water and destroyed someone's sand castle. It begins to shrink slowly in front of us.

"Oh no! I'm so, so sorry! I didn't mean to do that, I'm sorry," I tell the boy, the guilt showing very clearly on my face. I feel like an idiot and my cheeks feel warm. I didn't see the structure before this happened, but just from how big it was, I can tell he had already put a lot of work into it. "Um, can I- do you want help? I can try to put it back together for you?" I offer, although I'm not sure if he'll accept. I don't blame him if he's super mad at me right now and wants nothing to do with me.

Of course, I can hear Rory behind me laughing away. I suppose at least someone is still having a grand time.

"Speaking."

@Kibou