Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Information  - [CHAMPION TRIALS] the Roster —

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Leviathan [PM] Posts: 46 — Threads: 25
Signos: 205

We are in dire need of a Counsel. 

As of Year 506 Fall, two Champion seats have been added to the table: the Champion of Revels, who shall oversee the Entertainers, and the Champion of Wares, who shall oversee the Merchants.

Thus, six Champions will be appointed before the season turns, as all of them stand empty, leaving our noble populace rudderless.

If you believe yourself a worthy candidate for the position of a Champion, inscribe your name upon this parchment. 

The list will be sent to the Sovereign by nightfall, upon which he will personally assign each enterprising citizen a task pertaining to the office they seek.

Complete this task to his satisfaction, and you may very well become one of Solterra's esteemed Champions.

Champion of Battle
Leviathan

Champion of Wisdom

Champion of Healing

Champion of Community

Champion of Revels

Champion of Wares
Leviathan

♦︎

How this will work—

So after some thought, I decided that instead of posting a general quest for each Champion position, I'd first see which Solterran characters are interested in a specific Champion position!

If your character meets the requirements listed in the Guidebook (see: Counsel) and are interested in a Champion position, please reply to this thread with this interest form filled out:
Code:
<b>OOC account:</b> @ooc
<b>Character name:</b> @name
<b>Champion position:</b> Battle / Wisdom / Healing / Community / Revels / Wares

There will still be quests! I will be writing a mini-quest "template" for every Champion position, tweaking details in it to provide each interested party—even if they are going for the same position—with a more unique, fun experience. I will be posting separate threads for each Champion quest, and to complete it all you need to do is to write a 500+ word response to it by the deadline (TBA).
If more than one character goes for a position, I will be posting an (anonymous) poll in the Day Court discord channel so that Day Court players can choose which character, taking into account the quality/creativity/effort of the quest reply & the general fit of the character for the position, they would like to see in that role.
It's my hope that EVERY Day Court character who wishes to try for a Champion position is not intimidated by this process, and does indeed sign up for a fun quest!
Think "side quest you go on to avoid doing the main quest" type fun. "Help NPC B find their lost cat who may or may not have been carried off by a fanged cat-napper in the night" type fun.

some final notes...

1. While I won't be imposing a minimum activity standard for Champions, please keep in mind point #3 in the Laws & Customs proclamation! Every IC Spring I will be checking in with the players of Champions OOCly, and if you haven't been very active ): I'll unfortunately have to move towards installing another character for the position. 

2. Optional but recommended "Champion tasks" will be released every so often to give Champions something concrete to plot around or work with!

3. The Warden position will be the only position I am appointing personally. This is currently underway!

Champion interest forms will close on Saturday, 2/06

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 42 — Threads: 17
Signos: 215
Day Court Merchant
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Heat Manipulation  |    Bonded: Enyo (Indoraptor)

OOC account: @Kaiju
Character name: @Leviathan
Champion position: Battle or Wares

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

OOC account: @wildandfree
Character name: @Jane
Champion position: Revels