Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - among the roses

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline kai [PM] Posts: 13 — Threads: 4
Signos: 20
Dawn Court Medic
Female [she / her]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

I'll show you
what I'm made of
A HEART FULL OF FIRE

Only just barely here and there's already a shift of power.

Eirene has always been one to stick around and help, however many hands that hold the crown. Her duty is to those in need, though lately she's had to align that duty with her role in the Court as well.

Word had traveled fast about the coronation, and she had been as curious as ever, stepping along the vine woven paths and up broad stairs with bannisters encased in flowers. It's quite a beautiful sight in the flickering glow of lanterns in halls and the soft light of a wandering sun. Eirene has never been to anything quite so . . . extravagant. She's used to a simpler life in the form of caring for others without much thought as to wealth of any sort.

Being in a court was different than the wandering herds of her past, but she's found that she does rather enjoy it. She has her own small garden that she can cultivate the seeds that she finds, delicately growing her herb collection and furthering her use of them, including them in poultices and salves that she's used countless times over for those in need.

Today, there is no bustle or rush of someone in need of some sort of cure to an ailment. There's no tickling grasses at her belly in the meadow she had enjoyed. No, today it's just her, and her curiosity as she wanders among those that cast her curious glances and then move on, such as anyone would when seeing someone new.

If she's lucky, she can find a vendor amongst the dancing and festivities, the soft smiles.

anyone is welcome !

Played by Offline lackadaisy [PM] Posts: 105 — Threads: 19
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

the road less traveled

Having come accidentally into the Court to resupply herself, Willoughby was amazed at what she saw. True to her innocence, the maiden fair did not so much as glance at political uphauls. If an announcement was to be made, she kept largely to herself and did not mind it much. She did not belong to any court in Novus, and wandered between them if allowed.

Today, the celebrations were in full swing. She stocked some of her food items where she could not scavenge, refilling her purse selling trinkets found and entertaining the masses when needed. She felt there was a good crowd and good signos to be made here. But that wasn't what caught her attention. A bouquet of flowers - made entirely of water foliage.

Lotuses were among some of her favorite flowers, and to see this in the rare bouquet was too much. She approaches carefully, eyes shining with radiance. But the price for it, ah, was too much. She backs away regretfully, bumping her flank against someone else. "Ah!" Willoughby starts, gasping as she whips around "I am so sorry..."

Hopefully she would not be reprimanded. 

@Eirene / speaks / hope you don't mind me?

Dawn Court Medic
Female [she / her]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  12.1 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 16  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

I'll show you
what I'm made of
A HEART FULL OF FIRE

The markets and vendors here have many things that Eirene hasn't seen, as well as plenty of herbs that they were claiming were rare when in fact they were common. She wrinkles her nose a little at that, shifting her blue green gaze away and letting it wander instead.

There are plenty that look at her, too, but she finds herself not really caring who glances or stares at her: there are plenty here that look just as striking as she does. With her stripes and bright horns, it's likely not a surprise that they glance toward her, especially with the coiling vines along her antlers and how small she is. That, and she's a new face that many can glance over before looking away toward the next new face in this area.

Eirene takes in a soft breath, leaning over a vendor stall to see an herb before drawing back, shaking her head. Another one she isn't looking for, and it's becoming quite disheartening to see one thing after the other fall short of what she wants. The little healer is so engrossed in her own thoughts on it that there's a noise of surprise as a body bumps into her, and her head lifts up, eyes a little wide in surprise.

It's another new face, she knows, and Eirene suddenly smiles, the warmth nearly radiating from her as she opens her mouth in the most delicate and warm laughter. "No no, it was my fault. I was so curious about these herbs and -- well. That's what I get for having my head somewhere in the clouds." It's so gentle and amused, and she merely flicks her tail, looking rather happy despite the soft bumping. "I'm Eirene. It's nice to meet you...?"

Her voice almost lifts at the end: a delicate questioning for a name without asking.

@Willoughby
I don't mind at all <3

Inactive Character

the road less traveled

"Willoughby" she replies easily, noting Eirene's name mentally. Happy that the mare wasn't upset, the aspiring bard flashes her a winning smile "it is entirely my pleasure to meet you." Pale blues glanced by her to see the herbs she had found so fascinating.  True, if she was not musically gifted she might have gone into a medical career.

So she found flowers and herbs nothing but pretty, sadly. Music was her first love, her only true love. "Do you know what herbs they are? What they are called?" she asks despite having only a passing curiosity. It was just as important to make conversation than fake it, and she was not faking her interest.

@Eirene / speaks

Dawn Court Medic

I'll show you
what I'm made of
A HEART FULL OF FIRE

It isn't a surprise to find native herbs to Delumine here in the markets, not entirely. Especially the large ones that she's eyeing, or rather, had been eyeing. The name makes her smile, her horned head drawing up a little before nodding as she tucks it away in the back of her head. Willoughby. "I haven't seen you around here before, Willoughby. Are you new?" It would be nice to find another new face, other than her own. Delumine has a way of surprising the little healer, though.

At the question, she seems to perk up a little ears swiveling and head turning with them to look back at the large blooms. "This one is Bee Balm. It's native here in Delumine, but it's good for colds and minor wounds. It's nice to come across it without having to find it somewhere. Now that I have it, I can plant it too and grow my own." Which made life all the more easier on her when it came to seeking out herbs in general. She could cultivate her little garden and do what she wishes with it.

@Willoughby
sorry for this late reply ahhh

Inactive Character

“Yes, I am a bit” she replies, giving a confirming nod to Eirene “I haven't really ventured to the courts before now, but I did stay in Ruris for a few months.” Before she parted with her bard teacher and remained in Novus. There were a few fleeting moments of going to each court, but she had stuck close by her mentor. She hadn't ventured out and greeted others before now.

Bee Balm though... Willoughby gazed at the pretty foliage with a dreamy smile. “Oh, thank you for telling me” she says to her new companion “if anyone needs help and I'm in Delumine, I know what to do.” she giggles, laying bare her lack of knowledge about herbal subjects. Eirene says she'd plant it in a garden of sorts. That must mean she was truly a healer.

“I'm afraid I don't know much about plants - I'm more... musically inclined?” she opens the floor for questions, of course. It was only natural for Eirene to be curious and have them, even ask them. Willoughby was happy to answer any.

if you don't want to see me dancing with somebody new

Dawn Court Medic

I'll show you
what I'm made of
A HEART FULL OF FIRE

New faces are always a delight, she finds. This one is no different, causing a smile to appear on Eirene's lips as she takes her in. Pegasi are nothing new, either. Eirene has seen many a winged horse and even those with scales and scaly tails. She finds all of them fascinating, especially learning how there are new ways to heal and help them. Always seeking to add knowledge to her ever expanding collection of medical help.

"You've only stayed in Ruris?" Now this is a first for her, and Eirene blinks in surprise. "Is it... safe, outside of the courts?" She's only ever been a part of herds, always seeking the next one instead of being alone. Granted, she's alone in a way here, living by herself with her garden, but there is always a friendly face to see and shelter to find among the Delumine court.

The smile doesn't waver on her soft pink snout however, and the little healer looks a little excited. "Music? Do you play well? One day, I want to listen." Just as Eirene welcomes any questions for her herbalism and healing, she is ever so curious about everything else. Music is one thing that she adores, always finding a way to listen here and there.

@Willoughby
this is suPER LATE AND I AM SO SORRY