Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - a little muse goes a long way

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline lackadaisy [PM] Posts: 105 — Threads: 19
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

the road less traveled

The plains were so vast that she was loathe to leave them unexplored for long. Having only spent a few months in Novus, Willoughby still had so much to see and do. She felt overwhelmed and also excited. Not a very random emotion for the musician, to be truthful. She was terrified of the future she had forced herself into, but also happy to have made the decision to stay.

Today she wandered as per usual. Having made a small little nest in an avian-like manner between two trees on the outskirts, she left her 'house' to seek. Company? Maybe. She wouldn't be opposed to such a thing. But no, it was more like she was looking for some muse. Her routine was dry and tired by now - she needed something new to entertain.

Else she'd get no coin. Else she wouldn't be able to eat. Nor buy pretty things she had been eyeballing... So lost in her thoughts did she roam without a care, a tune whistling and a spring in her step. Ahead of her, there was another equine. A stranger to the bard. She picked up her pace until she was behind them, flashing a grin if she met their eyes.

@Sofie / speaks

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 9 — Threads: 3
Signos: 520
Dusk Court Soldier
Female [she/her/hers]  |  13 [Year 497 Winter]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

mourn, and mourn, and mourn
for where we stand, gravity persists

O
nce upon a time in a kingdom by the sea, there was a man and he had a daughter. This man was tall and he was elegant. He was held in high esteem. He was bred from warriors, and all that sprouted from the seeds he sewed, too, became warriors. But this man had a daughter and he’d loved her very much. The patriarch of the Dumas family loved his daughter so much that he thought it wise, and thought it best, to forge her into an iron so unbreakable that she would forget what it is to bend, what it is to submit, what it is to be anything less than everything.

I am that daughter.

The beloved girl without wings given to a father with enough pride the sea and all her creatures should be jealous. Henry was raised well. I was raised strong.

Wild enough to tempt fate.
Wild enough to challenge the gods.
Wild enough to hold in my heart a daughter of the Day.

But I will not tell another that.

It is to Terrastella I am returning when I head into the planes. Bison graze lazily in the summer heat, paying me no heed. They should not, they are not in danger from my wrath nor my attentions. Perhaps I am as fickle as an Ieshan after all, choosing with whom to toy like choosing a cheese to go with my apples for breakfast.

The result of my endeavors does not necessarily matter, but the game and the fun of it, oh that brings all the joy.

Today, Henry is set to meet me as he so rarely does anymore at the edge of the city. Father has called us home for some reason or another, and I, ever a doting and loyal Dumas daughter, am to heed his beck and call. In the grand scheme of it, I love my father and I love my brother. When they look to me, they might see something as horrifying as it is awful and awe-inspiring, but I will always love them like life itself.

It was they who helped shape me.
For that I am forever changed.

Too soon, a little birdy flits behind and I can smell her saccharine sweetness for miles. My nose begs to wrinkle and my eyes to glower, claws coming loose on the beast so carefully, delicately kept sleeping and chained. Nothing stops that little terror of mine from knowing what I do.

Not even the little treat that inches nearer and nearer.

I wonder then, briefly, if she knows how close to death she stands?

"Do you aim to follow like a lost dog forever then?” I purr to the air, knowing that the woman will know what I say is to her and her alone.

{ @Willoughby "speaks" notes: <3 }

Inactive Character

the road less traveled

"I'm sorry."

It was a practiced routine by now. Even when she did nothing wrong, she felt it prudent to disengage the situation accordingly. Apologizing seemed the logical choice, even if it was not the smartest. Willoughby paused in her steps, coming to a halt as her ears flattened against her skull. She looked apologetic, lowering her neck and skull.

"I just have not seen you before" she goes on naively "I wanted to say hello" Meeting new folks was always a pleasure of the aspiring bard. She keeps her smile despite it looking sorry. "but I did not really know how to approach you" Willoughby explains with an uneasy grin "you are from the Dusk Court, yes?"

Few times she had been there during her stay in Novus. But the scent still clung to the mare before her. Faintly but available to be plucked from the air.

@Sofia / speaks

Played by Offline e-cho [PM] Posts: 9 — Threads: 3
Signos: 520
Dusk Court Soldier
Female [she/her/hers]  |  13 [Year 497 Winter]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

mourn, and mourn, and mourn
for where we stand, gravity persists

"S
talking is not the way to initiate a relationship or lack thereof with another.” I advise placidly. I know I sound like a glacier beginning to move, not melt, but lurch dangerously into the water, hiding the mass of me and ready to sink a ship, but I cannot help it. Some people, I know very well, were never raised with manners and the likes of polite society. They really should have been.

Honestly. Following like a dog is lowly. A menace.

She’d be better off practicing her wit rather than the simper on her face now.

Of course, I do not say this, I cannot. A Dumas does not demean an belittle another in such bold and rude a way, no matter how many skins I slice open with my horn on a battlefield, only my wit will slice another off. Her steps slow and stop, and with them I allow myself a moment to pause as well. ”You should start with a name, not an apology. Do not lower your head, you are not beat.”

My brow is lifted as I glance to her, turning ever so slightly with nary so much as a huff of displeasure.

"I am Sofia,” ever so slightly my head dips down. I owe her nothing lower than that.

{ @Willoughby "speaks" notes: <3 }

Inactive Character

the road less traveled

Stalking? She had all but followed for exactly two minutes before being noticed. She even flashed the other a warm smile, inviting conversation. Perhaps it was a mistake. Perhaps this one was too chilly for Willoughby to even befriend. Orders were even given, something she disliked to her core. Not hated though. Never hated.

So when the other ordered her to raise her head, Willoughby kept it lowered. Her pale eyes glanced at the ground like a child being scolded. All she had done was try to meet someone new - she would have spoken to the mare eventually! "You needn't force conversation with me" she breathes "if you do not want to talk, I received the message."

Only then did she raise her head, almost defiantly as she looks upon Sofia. But her eyes were still gentle, still apologetic in their own way. "But it is only polite to give my own name now" the bard goes on "I am Willoughby."

@Sofia / speaks