Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Willoughby/lackadaisy)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jane shifts a little awkwardly, she never knows what to do after giving a compliment. She gives a small smile to the other mare, her ear twitching a little. She knew that it was not as easy as that to change one’s self esteem, she’d known that there were those who felt badly about themselves, but it could help to know that someone out there was on your side. Her tail flicked a little in a failed attempt to push away the the wind. “Yes, but I would not say a sparrow is so beautiful as a robin.” Her voice is as soft as it can be, which is not very. “Don’t worry, I’m not insecure, I just think you’re lovely, is all.” She laughs a little and tugs her face away. “I don’t know much about birds at all except for that they make nice noises.”

“Yes, I am going to… I think it’s called Solterra? I’d love for you to visit sometime, if you ever pass through the region.” Jane almost thinks Willoughby is a friend by now. 

“Jane!” comes a yell from above on the steppes, and Jane shudders a little. She knows that Hardison is hardly any threat, but she’s not exactly the most gentle of company. The mare trots down the hill and crosses the sands. Jane gives a comforting glance to Willoughby- Don’t worry- and smiles at her guardian.

“Hello, Hardison! I see you’ve met my friend, Willoughby,” She gives a questioning look for a moment, and hopes that it is nothing bad. “Willoughby, meet Hardison, one of the best wayfinders on earth.” Hardison snorts, her dished head showing evident distaste.

“You should not give out information half so easily.”

@Willoughby | speaks

Played by Offline lackadaisy [PM] Posts: 105 — Threads: 19
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

Lovely? “I will have to protest” Willoughby shakes her head, chuckling at Jane's comparison “I could be a beautiful mare, yes, but have a very ugly heart” she was not so good at taking compliments well either “but thank you, Jane. I find you lovely too.” Looks were not everything to the little maiden. Jane was lovely for her personality and charm.

She gives a nod, confirming she may be by. “I travel a lot, I'm quite sure I'll see you around again” Was it time to go? Was it time to let Jane go off to her Court? It would seem so, only cemented when her friend joins them. Willoughby did not mind, flashing the older mare a calm smile at the approach. “a pleasure to meet you, Hardison.” She speaks as if practiced.

“I shall let you travel to your court, then” Willoughby goes on, looking to both women “I hope Novus is to your liking, Jane.” she adds to the brunette.

“she speaks”

if you don't want to see me dancing with somebody new

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jane smiled at the other mare. She was not the first person to be uncomfortable with compliments and she certainly would not be the last. But Jane truly did think that this mare was lovely, and hoped that Willoughby would cross her path again someday. It was curious to Jane, that you never knew what was going to happen in the future. “I certainly don’t think you have an ugly heart,” Jane chuckled, “Not after the bit that I have learned of you.” 

“I travel a lot, I'm quite sure I'll see you around again” 

Jane flicked her tail and nodded. “If you ever come to the Day Court, know you have someone to stay with.” At this moment Hardison discovered her ward, and she looked at Willoughby with suspicion. Not necessarily for the mare herself but for anyone that the news could be brought to. She passed her gaze up along the beach to see if there were any others who may have less than honourable intentions. She snorted a little. Say what you would, but Hardison was at least loyal to the person she was meant to protect.

“I suppose it’s a pleasure to see you too,” Hardison said, a little less than practiced. Her ear flicked backwards and she shook away her uncertainty. 

"I hope Novus is to your liking, Jane."

“I’m sure it will be,” Jane smiled gently. A little bit of nervousness mingled with homesickness. It was certainly effective to have it harder to return home than to keep going. But she would get friends, she told herself. This was a good thing.. Hardison smacked Jane’s flank with her tail. “Enjoy your travels, Willoughby!” With that, Hardison and Jane set off. Jane cast a gaze over her shoulder to the pink and blue mare disappearing into the distance. 

The End

@Willoughby | speaks

Played by Offline lackadaisy [PM] Posts: 105 — Threads: 19
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

Life was funny.

One day you are alone, the next you are with others. Sometimes you are left lonely, but other times you find a friend. She hoped Jane would be a good friend - Willoughby needed only make the effort to visit. She dips her head and lets the others depart, finding words to be trifle right now. They were busy folks.

When at last both mares had left the vicinity, Willoughby continued to look at the sea shells. Despite approaching Jane about them, they hadn't done a lot of looking. She didn't mind this though. They had a lovely chat that the maiden wouldn't trade for anything. Not even a shiny pink shell with a spiral design.

“she speaks”

if you don't want to see me dancing with somebody new

EXIT

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »