Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Into the unknown

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

The magic called to her blood – it roiled within her, pushing her to the brink of madness once more – but it also called her to give into its call.  It called her to the wilds once more, to the heavens and beyond – to what lie past Terrestella’s borders… past Novus even.  It called her home, to the place where the magic had been born.  To the rift, which roiled and churned in somewhere far beyond the confines of this place with its structure and society.  

The decision had not been made lightly, for Marisol had placed her trust in Mephisto – a trust which the warg knew would not be given again.  But Dusk deserved more… they deserved a Warden who would love and protect them fully, who would not be pulled in too many directions and torn on deciding what to do.  So she finds her way back up the familiar castle steps, through the familiar halls, into the throne room.  And where Mephisto had worried, she found a strange sense of peace washing over her, confirming that the decision she made was the right one.

"Queen Marisol… I’m sorry…"  She bows to the mare, a twinge of regret on her face, as she sighs and draws a steadying breath.  "I cannot serve as your warden any longer, but it is my greatest honor that you have thought highly enough of me to serve Terrestella so.  I find that change is calling me, far from this place… and it would not be fair for the land if I would stay but long for something else.  It should be given to someone whose heart is here, and not torn between civility and magic."

She offers the Halcyon a sad sort of smile, bowing once, before turning to leave the queen and her kingdom… forever?  At least for now.

"Thank you." she whispers… and then Mephisto leaves Terrestella, not looking behind to see what consequence would follow.

MEPHISTO
DUSK COURT SPY
html by castlegraphics; art by naia-art

@Marisol