Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - phantom solace

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 10
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

LET ME SHOW YOU
what you've been missing

This is the land, is it not? The land that all can come to in order to whisper their prayers to the gods, to the deities that have shown themselves to the lands of Novus. To find her, their lady of the night, their patron goddess that breathes the very essence they seek to know more of.

Being a Star Walker has always been something of a saddening venture, always alone. Immortality is a gift and a curse, and they were born with it, freezing their mortal looks only at a certain age, their body still young in look but their soul and mind? Centuries have passed, millennia even. The years had come and gone with nothing but a blink, and their old lands had been washed away with dust and time, nature overtaking what was once hers. Their people no longer existed except in soft rumors and whispers, with Star Walkers being scattered to the winds. Certainly there are descendants as well, aren't there? An existence somewhere of what once was, that carried the knowledge of what Star Walkers were and where they came from.

It's this hope that allows Cicatrix to not feel as alone.

That, and the yearning to learn more about Caligo. To speak with her and pray to her, learn how she has coped with being outcasted by those before. They want to learn from her, not only how she has existed in her loneliness, but the knowledge of Night itself. They long to compare knowledge and learn of the stars and Denocte itself, the lore of Novus if they can gain such a thing.

A deep breath is taken, wings sweeping forth as they flap, effortlessly cupping the air and allowing their large frame to land, ever so delicate for someone so tall. Gilded hooves press into the ground, nearly to the dewclaw, before it relents and bounces back. Stones skitter away, and finally, Cicatrix cups their wings close to their body once settled, as to not disturb the land.

The golden halo of light bounces off of the rocky crevices and jutting stone, but seems to only be absorbed by the statue they look upon. The statue they had seen come to life, merely melting away and becoming something ... more. Something that they now crave and desire. How strange, to have feelings like this for anyone, let alone a deity they cannot ever dream of touching. But to them, it's fine. They can have these feelings and learn from their goddess. To learn would make them happy.

There's a soft ruffling of accented feathers, the gilded edges shimmering in the falling rays of the sun, and their gaze settles on the face of their goddess. If expressions were a thing, they would be in awe. A gentle wonderment that would have graced features that no one will ever know. Instead, it's a warm feeling in their breast, a fluttering along their lungs and their heart as they step closer on delicate legs, taking in soft and steady breaths. As if making the faintest noise will wake Caligo from her slumber in the statue. Or perhaps she was above, looking down on them and watching their conflict as they stared at her statue.

"Caligo . . . I wish we could speak. But perhaps you will hear me like this," they began, slowly settling themselves and relaxing. Their muscles ease and they smile with their tone, more warmth in their being than they've felt in a long time. "I only seek knowledge. How to be a part of Denocte even more. I wish to learn more of Novus, too. This land is rich in lore and stories but I cannot find them, and I cannot find peace in my solitary existence. How do you do it?" Their ears pin back underneath of their cloak, a breath shaking from their throat. "Is there a way to ease this loneliness? I've had it for so long but I want to be a part of something bigger. Something much more than myself. I'm tired, Caligo... so tired of being alone."

@