Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fallen Angel's Return

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

This flaming guardian could be your worst nightmare...

Sol snorted at the narrowing of her eyes, smirking as he listened. "The hottest of flames is enough to melt metal and rock, so perhaps the earth is still not enough to withstand flames. It seems we have reached that place where we are arguing over elements." He chuckled, shaking his head. "The idea of living by the waves is foreign to one that was born of the flames. Though I have also had the chance to learn that the flames can be less chaotic than I had initially thought. A single flame can light the way through darkness, holding steady in the face of the shadows around. When the correct shield is used, it is possible for said flame to withstand the other elements and shine strongly. While I understand the waves more now, I think that a flame can be a steady force for good or ill and could be more useful than anticipated." He responded, showing that he was truly listening to her and learning more about himself and who he was.

"Yeah... I will stick with plants. I am definitely opposed to the idea of cold fish and soggy creatures that you eat." He laughed, shaking his head as his body tried to revolt at the mere thought of ingesting her food preferences. The idea of Bel coming from another planet, while something that he knew to an extent, really struck him. "It would be interesting to see the planet that your kind hails from." He mused, wondering how hard it would be to get there, and if he would have any chance of surviving it.

The slap of Yuki's tail on the water caused him to jump, golden eyes narrowing as he watched the water. "She is definitely a compliment to you in many ways. I dont know if I would be ready to think of a companion, particularly since I am a creature of the heat." He laughed softly, smiling at the female with him.

Sol snorted. "Perhaps it is a good thing you are not like some of the sharks in this pond. I like you just as you are. I am glad that things are turning up for you. Have you seen your sister since... the first time?" He asked, wondering how the smaller Treader was getting along in the world. "I have heard it said that time heals wounds, so maybe there is hope for me yet." The massive stallion laughed as he shook his head.

Sol frowned as he listened to her, the faith that she clearly had in him. It was heart warming and a bit intimidating to say the least. He had days where he still loathed himself, though he was feeling better about himself lately than he had before his trip. "If I deserve it all, what about you? You deserve happiness too, Bel..." He murmured, pressing his warm muzzle to her cool neck as he finally let go of the romantic feelings that he had been harboring. At this point, he accepted it and was ready to move on as friends. She would always be a huge part of him, and he hoped the same in reverse. Bel was one of the dearest things in his world at that point.

Sol gave her an incredulous look, flicking an ear as he looked her up and down. The idea of the small mare in battle was terrifying. "Warriors... That idea is terrifying on so many levels... I cant say that I like the idea of you being harmed. You are too special to me. But I can also understand the desire to reclaim history and make yourself stronger in some way." Yep... He would be the one to step in between her and danger if he could, though part of him was really glad that she was learning to defend herself. Oriens knew he was not around her all of the time. The last thing he wanted was Polar North to find him and chew him out because Bel got herself injured.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: More faith than he has in himself for sure!! The idea of her setting him on blind dates is hilarious and would be fun!

CREDIT to Miss Sparkle (offsite)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel raised a silent eye as once more Sol appeared to have a retort to how 'impressive' fire was. She watched him, eyes playfully narrowed as he spoke on the earth not being enough to withstand the flames, before his next sentence broke the pretense and broke the mare into laughter, her stoic facade falling to pieces as easily as it usually does, "I hardly call this an argument, it's more like a test of wills. But I suppose to a brutish fire child, you wouldn't understand the finesse of the waves would you?" She teased, not about to let him have the last word.

It was proof, evidence of how different the worlds they had come from had shaped them. She had been stroked and pulled gently but constantly by the waves. Shaping her into the mare she was now. He had been changed suddenly, like a blast of flame to a once vibrant land. But like the phoenix, he was now rising from those ashes stronger than before. He proved this with his next words, and her smile brightened, widening a touch as a touch of the fangs towards the back of her jaw flashed briefly, "Ah, so there is hope for you yet then? I'm relieved." She admitted, her tone earnest even if her words were made with jest. She was glad he was starting to see his worth beyond his own past.

She tilted her head at his comment of cold fish and soggy creatures, laughing in delight, "Oh hush, we all have different diets. I promise, the idea of eating grass is as revolting to me as fish is to you. And not for the lack of trying. It's so lacking in flavor. Where is the salt? Where is the brine?" She pouted playfully.

At his next words Bel hesitated, turning her gaze towards the water, "The planet is . . . not safe. Even if we wanted to return, we couldn't. Yukime barely escaped herself. . . from the time my people bolted from the waters, it has only gotten worse." She admitted quietly, shaking her head, "It's not safe to even try to go there."

Not while that virus ran rampant. Not while it hunted from species to species. It was too dangerous. So dangerous, a green glow still caused the pod to be afraid and exile the carrier of the glow. Superstitious perhaps, but the virus was nothing to scoff at . . . and even Yukime seemed afraid of it.

Bel smiled at Yuki's movements, turning her gaze towards the stallion, "I'm lucky to have her. Yuki has been a constant companion since we bonded. I can't imagine going anywhere with out her, even if she is a little silly, and a worrier." She admitted, before thinking on the mention of Sol's heated exterior and the idea of companion, "Perhaps you just need to find another creature who thrives in the fire? Perhaps a lizard from the deserts?" She offered thoughtfully.

At the mention of her sister, Bel hesitated, "We are slowly getting along better, but it is a slow progress. There is a lot of old wounds that have been reopened by finding one another, and a lot we must work through . . . we're doing so slowly." She paused, her smile softening, "But having her here, and alive, has been nice. A relief really. I'm glad she's returned to me." She admitted quietly.

At the comment of her deserving happiness, Bel blinked for a moment before laughing and shrugging it off, "I'm happy now, Sol. Just the way I am . . . I don't need anything more yet. It's you we're worrying about now." She'd never thought about that herself. To find someone, to have a family. She had once briefly considered it with Shard when he had expressed his intentions . . . but the Pol had been sent away and that ruined any chance of them finding a way to be together and rule the pod together. And now, she couldn't . . . wouldn't return. She no longer supported the pod's way of life . . . and so, right now at least, she had so much more on her fins to worry about that romance. That, she assumed, would come at it's own time.

Or not at all . . . When one considered the hesitation others had towards her when they saw her. Kelpie. Murderer. Monster. She looked like those dangerous creatures, and she couldn't imagine anyone looking past that just yet. If ever. If she got so lucky, lovely . . . if not, then she'd at least have friends to surround herself with.

At his reaction to her thoughts of being a warrior, she had to laugh, her expression delighted by the almost horror he seemed to hold, "Remember, Sol, you're seeing me at my simplest. I'm also a predator in the oceans. I have fangs, and my hooves are sharpened to aid in traction on ice. I'm pretty sure with proper education, I could use that, as well as my strength to learn to rediscover that lost knowledge. Who knows, I might one day be a better warrior than even you. Now wouldn't that be something?"

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: New goal achieved: Out battle Sol.

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol broke into laughter with her, shaking his head at her push to have the last word. "Oh darling... The control of flames requires its own amount of finesse. From what it seems, waves dont have finesse, but rather pure power as they crash into the earth." The dark stallion teased, snorting.

He shook his head, laughing as she spoke. "More hope for me than for you with that icy creature you call friend. She would be difficult to convince to allow anyone too close. I bet she hates me." The massive beast laughed, though his words did touch on the insecurity that he felt with her getting so close to the serpent.

Sol sighed in exasperation. "Everything is better with some amount of seasoning... Plain grass is boring... Various plants had different appeals." He replied, not sure that he would like ocean plants for the sheer salt that they contained.

Sol stepped closer, resting his muzzle along her shoulder in comfort. "I am sorry, Bel. I wish that I could fix it so that you could at least visit where your kind came from. I couldnt imagine being so far removed from the history that tells you so much about who you are and what you can be." He murmured, thinking of how he would feel in her place. Perhaps it would be a positive thing, he wouldnt be stuck with the frustration of being pushed so far from where he had once belonged.

Sol flicked an ear as he listened to Bel explain her relationship with Yuki. "I think that I am happy without a companion... for now at least. We will see as time progresses. My thoughts are still chaotic enough that I dont know how I could truly bond with one yet. For now, I am happy with you as my dearest friend." He chose to ignore that he really was limited on friends, none as close to him as the aquatic creature before him. While he had finally accepted that they were friends, he still loved her in his own way. Loved her enough that he couldnt imagine his life without her at his side, even as friends. His relationship with her was slowly morphing to one of almost siblings rather than potential mates.

"No need to worry about me. I am figuring things out as I go. No matter what, I want you happy. Even though I now understand that I am not the stallion to fill certain corners of that happiness. You are my dearest friend, nearly a sister in my love for you. And I do. You are the closest thing to family that I have, the truest form that I have ever had. I want to know that you are happy." He murmured, his voice honest and soft as he spoke. It was the first time he had allowed the words to cross his lips, to allow himself to truly accept that she would never be his mate. It released a weight from his heart and allowed him to truly see their relationship for what it was.

Sol snorted at the idea of her becoming the better warrior. "Bel darling... While you might become a formidable warrior in your own right, I would never say that you would be better. I was trained as a warrior, trained to use the muscles under this dark, mottled pelt. Who knows, maybe my magic will grow from just these odd flaming hooves. Either way, I could see us being a pair to make our foes quake in fear. You are a striking beast yourself, a predator under the pelt that I adore. I will gladly admit that far, but I dont think  you shall ever hear me say that you are better." He laughed, shaking his head as he finished relaxing into the happiness that was starting to warm his entire frame.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: <3

Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
Bel rolled her eyes as once more her friend had to have the last quip on fire vs water. She'd just have to wait until she found a proper means to prove her point, even as she narrowed her eyes, "Waves can have finesse too! It's not only pure power attacking things. They have a subtle tug and pull, a gentle touch just as often as they have crashing power." She stated with a distinct huffing pout, before she made a face at her friend, "Be nice, Yukime is a sweetheart. She doesn't hate you . . . she just doesn't trust others easily." She admitted, smiling fondly towards the water, "Where Yukime comes from, you couldn't really trust the others around you . . . it was a difficult life. She'll get better with time." She paused, a touch of a frown on her face, "Maybe? She is fairly anti-social too." She admitted with a laugh.

Bel rolled her eyes with a grin, "I'll still take the aquatic plants over your land-based ones. Except for the sweet stuff, like . . . uhm . . . the red, shiny thing? Apple, right? Those are yummy! Especially if you let it soak in saltwater for a little while, it brings out the sweetness!" Bel sighed at his words, gently shrugging, "Honestly, it's not too big of a deal to not visit. I might be missing a lot of information, history . . . but the planet is no longer safe. For anyone to visit. It's safer this way." Bel admitted quietly, the planet was unhealthy for anyone to trespass on.

At Sol's words on a companion, she nodded in understanding, "It's definitely not something to rush about - you have a lot to work through yourself anyway. But you never know when the right time for a companion might come with out notice." She admitted with a smile. Companions were a constant source of love, being bonded to your companion made that a different feeling all together. At Sol's next words, Bel offered a soft, slight smile, glad he understood the situation, that they couldn't be . . . not that he could know why, that another had once made her world shine so vibrantly, others were dark and unsubstantial in comparison, "You're the closest thing I have to a brother, and honestly wouldn't change it for the world. But I want you to be happy as well, you deserve it just as much as anyone else, so don't forget that." She stated with a touch of sternness.

It was true that Bel, finding love, would be no easy task. She'd had a taste of that special bond Treader's formed, and it was a silent, even if slightly unhappy relief that she never got the full thing. One day, she might be able to look past the memories of happier times with Shard to find happiness now, but at least for the time being, she knew Love wouldn't be part of her future, she had more to think about, and work towards anyways. Becoming stronger was just the first task. "Hey now, don't knock my prowess before I can achieve it. You might be trained as a warrior, but I wasn't babied growing up. I played games of survival against sharks. I grew up with my own brand of training for survival too - dodging kraken limbs, out racing sharks, You never know, I might be powerful one day too! Enough so to take even you on!" She teased, her decision to be better than him growing with each word he said. She'd hear those words one day. She was determined.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: He's literally making it an officially thrown down challenge.

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol laughed as he listened to her words, eyes sparkling as he shook his head. "Perhaps I shall be an immortal flame that you can never rid yourself of. Oriens knows that I am too stubborn to disappear. But then again, I am less mortal flames and more solar flares... Ever present and hotter than water can handle." He winked, flicking his tail as he watched the mare. There was something about her that made him feel at ease and trust that gave him a chance to relax. The idea of being immortal was amusing to say the least, though he wasnt sure how he would feel about it if given the option.

Sol had no words were eating habits were concerned... He just shook his head. "I have no idea what a peeper is... and I am not sure I want to know. We seem to have come to an impasse where we will have to agree to disagree." He chuckled.

Sol jumped at the slap of Yuki's tail, laughing softly. "I am so glad that you have her. It gives you someone that you can rely on since I have a tendency to disappear on you." He said with a touch of chagrin. "Warmth is pleasant on a day that is super cold. I can say that I can tolerate the cold thanks to the excess heat that I tend to generate." He snorted.

He noticed her blink and smiled. "You have learned much. I hope that you and Pol have had time to make amends and learn more about what each other has gone through. I think having her back in your life can be a good thing.  I suppose if you can let your future be one that is not dictated by your past and the terrible things that your pod did, then I should figure out a way to do the same. You are the dearest thing in my life, the one that I can trust with anything. You have helped me so much more than you could ever know and I am thankful for you and for that." He sighed. Sometimes the idea of moving forward was such a terrifying one.

When she spoke about what he deserved, Sol dipped his head and closed his eyes. It was almost painful to hear that she thought so highly of him. He had never thought happily about himself and wanted nothing more than to be the stallion that she thought he could be. "I cant promise more than I will try... That all seems so foreign to me, so unattainable. You have so much more faith in me than I could ever have in myself." He murmured, his voice soft and emotional as he struggled against the idea of what she said.

At the thought of Bel as a warrior, Sol was barely able to hold back the snort. "Perhaps with magic, I could see it. But as a physical warrior... I dont know that I could imagine it... You have always seemed delicate to me, but that could be the fact that I am absolutely massive compared to your aquatic elegance." He grinned.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: <3 Pol will totally play blind date maker for Bel... If Bel does for Sol XD

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
Bel laughed with a shake of her head, "Oh, too much for water to handle, perhaps you're warning me away from your friendship? I'd hate to evaporate away into nothing beneath your flames! Woe is me, who must pick such an obnoxiously, hot-headed best friend. She teased with bright laughter, eyes twinkling in ever present mirth, even as she playfully snapped at his tail.

Bel grinned faintly, "Yukime described to me once what they looked like, very peculiar creatures it sounds like, but I suppose I'll let you have your awkward and boring grass. Such an unfortunate life you must have." She teased, nudging his neck with a playful giggle, tugging on a strand of his dark mane. His jump and Yuki's splash had the mare breaking out in free-flowing laughter, uncontained and full of delight, "She's a doll, I adore her. She's a little peculiar at times. Doesn't like being in sunlight or on land for very long, but she's settling in fairly well to my semi-aquatic lifestyle. "

She smiled at his praise, shifting a little awkwardly from it, "It's been a stark change coming from the ocean, and then getting settled into this sort of life. But yes, having Pol back has . . . it's been wonderful. We're still getting used to it all, and we have a long way to go before we're back to normal. But I love her, I love having her back in my life. We have so much time to make up, but . . . can't imagine letting her go any time soon." She stated with a bright smile. His next words had her smile softly, "You have a lot to overcome yourself. You've carried the guilt for so long on what you did, that you don't want to give others the chance to hurt you too. But you've pushed others back so far, you've not given them a chance to show you that not everyone will attack you for what you did in your youth. I'll always be by your side though, no matter how scary life might get, no matter how much it might terrify you, or how much you might want to push others back, I will always be there to help shove you the few steps forward to help you grow more. I'll always be there to support you." She promised, before grinning wickedly, "Even if it means I need to push you into the scary situations. I'll take great fun in pushing you towards random mares, actually! How do you feel about blind dates? Do you like palis or prefer bays? Wings or No wings? Horns or no horns? What's your preference, hmm?" She asked, her grin borderline innocently dark as she stared him down.

Bel knew he deserved the world, a mare who could give him that, it would just take time for him to get there, time she would give him, even if she gave gentle pushes here or there to help in along the way. She knew she couldn't be the mare for him, she knew it was painful for him to see that too, but there was someone out there that would be the brightest flame in his life, help pull him out of the darkness he's lived shrouded in because of his past. Someone who would light up his world and make him see things in technicolor - a new world with her at the center. And the day that happened would be her happiest day - because he deserved that. He deserved that at the very least, he deserved to find someone who would see the stallion he became, not the colt that had made his past so difficult. It might come to her having to step back, to respect that new relationship, let that new mare be his biggest fan, let her be the mare he could put all of his trust on, and be the most important person in his life, but she'd always be there in the background to help support him, even if it was in the far difference if it meant making that new mare more comfortable. She wouldn't let her close friendship with him ruin his chance for happiness either.

She knew what it was like to swim away from your future. To see that promise of a happy mate-hood disappear with each flip of your fins, with each dive, with each league covered. To hear the begging Treader song calling after her for her to come back. She'd made the mistake during the first few calls to look back. She'd seen him there, glowing dimly red, begging her to come back. It had just been them. Him staring at her, not coming any closer, begging her to come back. But he'd chased after her, and he didn't chase her like he used to when they were younger. He hadn't chased after in a long time, not since he'd been handed the trident from his father, taken over the pod. He hadn't been her Shard in such a long time at that point. He'd been Ice Shard, the Triton of the Pod, and she'd gone from being his Belle of the Sea to Below Zero. He'd scoffed when she'd suggested they go play through a school of fish. He'd dismissed her offer of hunting together for needing to keep an eye on the pod. He hadn't been there for her like before. But in that moment, staring back at him as she left, his dim red starting to glow up in the start of night, so close yet so far away.

He'd followed her out this far, had called for her to come back. She'd seen the pain on his face, twisted as he fought that training to leave the pod further, to cover the distance between them. Her skin had heated under that pleading gaze, her movement had stopped, begging silently for him to chase that last distance, to break that tether fully that held him to his father's side, to the council's whims. Desperately hoping her Shard would come furth, tackle her in am embrace, beg her to stay with him, his hide against hers, his cheek pressed to hers. To hear that favored nickname from him once more, to hear anything except the same-old-same-old that he'd come into after his father started stressing with him his duties, before he'd started listening to his father about how unfit she was.

He didn't close that difference. She ignored that cry as she turned away with a heavier heart, carried herself away with a flip of her fin, her heart tearing it two, jagged and rough and aching with each flip of her fins. Tears had streamed down her cheeks, blurring her vision to the point she'd closed her eyes to swim away. She'd pinned her ears to try and cut out the pleading song he sang for her to come back. But that song never got closer, he never chased that distance, he never broke that tether - the pod had become more important than she was, and it further proved that he'd have done the same thing to any child they had as he had done to her sister. It had proven that her heart was too soft for him to consider living with. He wanted the cold life of the Pod, she wanted something where you didn't have to rip apart families because an injury couldn't heal faster.

That pain still set heavy in her heart, buried deep in the bottom with a whirling hurricane so the emotions couldn't ever take her over, carry her into darkness. She refused to let those memories affect her daily life, her personal happiness. But she knew what it felt like to be forced to separate, to see your future unwind, a red thread connected but growing further and further away from what you had hoped would be your future. When it came down to Sol having the ability to form that connect, to have that happiness she and Shard shared when they were younger, she wouldn't dare stand in the way. Even if it meant giving her best friend over to this new individual, she wouldn't get in the way - she would give him up, so he would never have to feel what she felt, so he would never have to wonder about what ifs, so he would never have to remember the what was, and compare it to what never could be.

She'd do anything to make him happy, even if it meant giving him up - because he deserved that happiness, he deserved it more than anything. And she just wanted her best friend happy. Happy and settled. She was jolted back from the darker thoughts at his snort, and her smile came easily, her laughter as bright as ever, her memories and pain of Shard buried so far down, so untouched it wouldn't affect her daily life, it wouldn't show that she laughed off romance because of a heart that wasn't given the chance to heal. "I'm a ferocious thing! RAWR! Scary as a shark, a total warrior beyond what magic could give me!" She declared with a grin, even when he called her delicate next to him. She snorted, before playfully lunging at him, to playfully move in order to close her muzzle around his shoulder - a bite that wouldn't have teeth, a playful action, "Fear me, I'm a scary predator. Rawr." And she had to be stronger than she looked to keep playing like every day was fine, and that half of her heart hadn't been left in the arctic circle.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: So, yeah . . . . she's clearly got a lot to think about when it comes to the idea of him being happy - even if it means she has to give him up. Gives a bit more background on why she can't just hate Shard either - why it's still painful. How close he came to actually giving up the pod in the end, but couldn't make that final flip of the fins.

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol found himself laughing as he bumped her neck with his muzzle. "I would never warn you away. You are the best thing in my world, Bel. I would be lost without you in my life." He admitted as he smiled at her.

Sol snorted. "I will gladly keep my grasses. I can accept that you have strange tastes and am more than willing to leave it at that. I will definitely admit that Yuki is perfect for you and has helped you to grow since finding each other." He laughed, finding that peace was coming to his heart as he spent time with his dearest friend.

Sol listened to her speak about her sister and smiled softly. "I am so glad that you found each other again. It is so good for both of you... Even if it comes with its own trials as you get used to each other once again." He commented. When she started to speak about what he had been through, he struggled to accept her words. "It is less to avoid others hurting me and more to protect them from me. I am afraid that I will hurt someone if they allow themselves to get close. I dont trust myself. I havent had any decent luck with relationships in my life." Sol responded as he considered her questions.

"I dont think I have ever considered a blind date... Regarding preferences... I find that I prefer lighter hues to darker, though I am not particular. If you would have asked me a week ago, I would have told you that I have a massive preference for pale hued aquatic mares." He answered, winking at the mare beside him.

He could see the thoughts crossing her features, though he refused to push for an explanation. Her smile and laugh were a balm to him and he couldnt help but join her happiness. Her words made him choke on a snort. "Oh no! Oriens help me! This terrifying creature is going to eat me!!" He laughed, teasing her as he shook his head.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: <3 I dont think Sol will ever let her give him up... He is rather possessive of his best friend XD Not as long of a post, but hey XD

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
The feisty little mare grinned at the contact of his muzzle against her neck, laughing with him, "I should hope you wouldn’t worn me away, you’re kinda my best friend here . . .” A splash, an indiginant one at that, came from the water, pulling laughter from the mare as she rolled her eyes in play, "Other than Yukime of course, who ever could forget my dearest Yukime, of whom I am ever so fond of and would never replace, even with giant flaming stallions.” The retort was met with a face full of water, kicked up by an annoyed tail, causing Bel to sputter, "Why, I never! How rude, and here I was praising her!” She grinned back at Sol, before smiling at him warmly, his words touching her heart, "You’re my best friend in the world Sol, I wouldn’t go anywhere with out good reason, I promise you that.
The topic of a difference of food was an amusing one to the mare however, proof on just how different they were, proof that the stallion was of the land and air, and she was of the sea and marsh. He wanted grass, she took her fish raw. "I really do adore Yuki, and she’s lovely company for fishing too. I can only hope you’ll find someone who helps you roll out of bed, even on the hardest days. It makes life just a little easier to take on.” She suggested with a soft, but delicate smile. Of course as the topic turned to her sister, Bel had to smile, had to feel her heart lighten.
If there was anything more precious to her than Sol, than Yukime, it was Polar. A familial bond that had transcended through chaos and calamity, and the near death of her beloved baby sister – proof that they could overcome anything and be stronger together. "It’s not be any, true, and we will have many waves to shoulder through before we are truly in serene water, but we’re making progress. One fin flip after another, we’ll make it.
She did hate the idea of how her best friend was so worried about the future, of giving himself something wonderful – something he deserved, "You’re not just going to hurt someone, I know you better than that Sol. You’re a protector, that is obvious – so much so that you are actively avoiding others to keep them safe from this perceived threat you will present to them. It’s not about trusting yourself, can’t you trust me? Can’t you try?” She asked gently.
In truth, however, she wasn’t sure if she would ever set him up on just any blind date. Not Sol. Not with out thoroughly vetting the female. He needed someone that could meet him step for step. Through caution to the wind and dive off the cliff with him. Someone who could keep up with him, and yet pull him from the darkness – she knew the likelihood of him finding that through blinddates were slim, but the threat was still there, "Hmm, I don’t know, I’ve heard pale hued aquatic mares are the absolute worse. Better off elsewhere.” She teased with a laugh.
But at least they were still joking, still laughing, even as he joked back, his words teasing, and she had to remind herself that one day this might end, one day he might find that special someone to spend the rest of his life with, and he wouldn’t spend all this time with her anymore. While a part of her worried about such an idea, to be alone again – a greater part of her could only hope he would get that kind of happiness.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: She’s a tad bit worried
Artist Credit to Bingo

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol snorted at the bond between the pair and found himself growing more fond of the little serpent. She was sassy and full of life, a perfect companion for the mare that was his dearest friend. "I am glad that we understand each other, Bel. Even if I have to fight my way back to you, I will always find you." He vowed, golden eyes sparkling.

"Perhaps in time, I will find someone that makes me as happy as you... as happy as your darling Yuki. But I find that I am growing much more patient and willing to see what the future holds." He answered, smiling in pure honesty.

He was thrilled that she and Pol had their relationship growing once again. "It might take time, but I am certain you will get your relationship back to what it was and should have stayed. She is as lucky to have found you as you are to be back in her life." He murmured gently, mind flashing back to the chaotic emotions from their first remeeting.

Sol sighed and shook his head. "For you... I will try for you alone. I am not sure that I am ready, but I will try." He vowed softly, his words soft but pure in the fear that echoed.

He snorted. "Perhaps to some... but aquatic mares seem to be the voice of reason to massive flaming brutes." He teased back. "Perhaps it is time that I tried meeting new people. Tried to learn how to be better than I have been. Oriens knows that you probably could use time to eat and get your day started." He laughed, nudging her gently. After he spoke and touched the mare, he got to his feet, towering over the laying mare.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: Wrapping up <3 And apparently I cannot tell when I am replying to the correct post XD

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
Bel rolled her eyes playfully at her large friend, huffing at the silly winged beast, "Oh, don't be so dramatic Sol." She stated with an amused roll of her eyes, even if she was smart enough not to argue with him on the topic. She didn't want him to sacrifice his own happiness for her, after all. Though, the idea of him landing himself a companion was definitely a curious thought. She grinned in amusement, "I bet you'll find yourself some giant flaming creature as stubborn and firey as yourself." She teased with a nod, "And they'll run into you when neither of you expect it and BOOM, you're stuck with them for life." She added, with a nod, deciding this was clearly his future.

The future between her and Pol was one that was still rocky, but most of the most terrifying currents were over, and she could see peaceful waters ahead. But, she knew how peaceful waters could still hide sandbars that could lead you beached, so she was still carefully swimming around her sister, seeing when to push and when to back up. A supportive fin to hold, or a gentle fluke to the hind quarters to push into deeper water when a push is needed. "We're definitely not rushing it, but we're getting better with each meeting each other halfway and just supporting each other. It will be a slow progress, but we're not letting each other go any time soon for sure" Not that she'd willingly let go of her sister anyways.

Bel tilted her head, before shaking her head at her friend, "Silly Sol, I would never make you do anything you're not ready for! Don't force yourself into discomfort on my account. You need to do what's right for you! Don't even worry about what I suggest!" She stated, a tough firm, eyeing him sternly, before rolling her eyes in play, "I'm only a voice of reason because you're as stubborn as an octopus with it's tentacles in a twist." She teased before smiling more brightly, "Meeting others is a perfect starting point. You don't need to jump into anything immediately, but get your hooves wet - er, dry? and just go out to meet others! You'll never know what you'll miss out on if you don't." She stated, before watching him stand, nodding as she rose to her own hooves, "True, I promised Yuki that we'd go swimming later anyway. She's wanting to hunt for some clams I think. You best go get your day moving as well, and meet some of those new friends, yeah?" She suggested, nuzzling his shoulder before grinning and letting a soft call into the swamp, causing Yuki to sleepily slither towards her and climb up to her resting spot at her spine, "I'll see you again before you know it Sol. Have a good day!" She added, before she and Yuki headed out for clams for breakfast.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: <3
Artist Credit to Bingo

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »