Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Fallen Angel's Return

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

This flaming guardian could be your worst nightmare...

Sol breathed in the early morning air as he took to the skies. His double wings, once a pain to manage, powered him through the cool air with powerful strokes. He had learned a lot about himself in the time that he was away, and spent much time in the clouds as he traveled. He had once been a merchant, though he was still trying to make up his mind on if he wanted to stay that way. Snorting softly into the pale sky, he reveled in the feeling of the currents of air ruffling his fur and feathers. Flying was such a heavenly way to travel.

"Thank you Oriens for this gift..." He murmured to the heavens, stretching his wings to their fullest as he started to direct himself toward the dusk court. There was someone there that he wanted to see, someone he had missed with an almost desperate air. As he flew closer to his target area, his golden eyes started to search for any sign of the aquatic mare. A hint of glow, a wisp of vapor, the flash of a pale flank. All of these signs danced in his mind as he found himself flying lower to the earth. Without even thinking, he landed in the place where he had last spent time with the reptilian equine.

His hooves sizzled in the murky water as he landed in the swamp. Finding a dry spot to stand, he tucked in his wings and gazed about him. It was probably stupid to think that she would be there. It had been so long since he had seen her face. What if she hated him for leaving? What if she told him to leave and never come back. The thought of what could come when he found her was like a blow to the heart and he had to struggle to regain his composure.

"Bel?" He called out, his velvet rich voice echoing over the water as he continued to seek any sign of the mare.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: I swear it is impossible to make non-cheesy titles XD

CREDIT to Miss Sparkle (offsite)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
The mare was curled up, tail wrapped around her, as she slept at the bottom of a deeper part of the swamp. Yukime rested, nestled up against her chest, as the duo ignored the lightening sky for the darkness of the swamp. Or atleast Yukime slept, but as the day grew warmer, brighter, the mare was slowly being woken by her biological clock.

A yawn had her muzzle stretching wide, opening largely and flashing sharp teeth behind her normal equine ones. Blinking her eyes sleepily, she shifted and nudged the sleeping serpent, only to have her muzzle slapped away. With a repeat nudge, the serpent's gaze narrowed even as Bel playfully nudged a third time. With a crack of ice, the serpent bolted away, finding a bed of seaweed to fall back asleep on.

Chuckling softly, bubbles flaring out of her gills, the mare kicked off from the ground, making her way towards the surface, breaking the water quickly, and briefly holding her breath as her gills closes and drained and her lungs kick started. She was just trotting out of the water when her name carried on the humid air.

Turning in surprise, she made her way through the trees with another stiffled yawn, blinking her eyes drowsy in the morning light. She trotted up to the large male with a slight groan, pressing her face against his shoulder "Too early, turn off the sun!" She whined, "Of you do, I'll consider forgiving you for disappearing like ice in the sun." She added, a touch of playfulness coloring the otherwise sleepy tone.

Stepping back with another yawn, the mare turned her four eyes to the Large male, "You've been gone for a while, where did the tides take you?" She added, slowly waking a little more as she spoke.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes::

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol laughed softly as he listened to her sleepy words. Angling his body slightly, he stretched his wings over her to dim the brightening daylight until she was more comfortable with the brightness. Before he could stop himself, he nuzzled her cheek gently. The feeling of her cool pelt against his was a balm and it felt like a piece of himself had clicked back into place.

"Shading your delicate features is the best I can do. Even a beast like myself has limits." He teased her, chuckling again. It was a quieter Bel than he was used to, clearly one that was not awake fully yet. The sight of her warmed his heart and made him relax the tension that he hadnt even realized he was holding.

"And I didnt disappear like ice in the sun. I am to hot for that." He winked, snorting softly as he glared at his hooves for a moment. "Perhaps more like a shadow at midday." His muzzle touched back against her neck as he breathed in her unique scent.

At her more pointed question, Sol released a sigh. Of course she would be the one to ask. But then again, she was also one of the few that really knew him and what he had done in his past. She had accepted him regardless of the mistakes he had made. "I went back... I went back to the herd where I was born to make amends. Or at least try to." There was an almost tortured air to his voice as he choked out the words. To say that things had gone badly was an understatement, though he was trying to act as if they had been fine. That event had been painful at best. His golden eyes met her vivid blues and he waited for her to speak. As he waited, he tried to wrap his head around how to explain.

"I missed you..." He murmured softly, gaze crackling like his hooves.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: ---

Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
The half awake mare yawned again, even as a shadow suddenly blotted out the sun in thanks to the shift of the massive beast, and the wings held aloof aiding in shading the dual-natured mare. She offered him a brief, thankful but drowsy smile, even as he muzzled her cheek briefly. She laughed softly, closing her eyes and leaning against her best friend sleepily, "Mhmm? I suppose I'll tolerate your lack of talent in solar manipulation." She hummed softly, "Ice in Sun. Accurate. Barely a feather left behind." She argued, wrinkling her nose.

She tilted her head to the side in slight confusion "Wouldn't added heat just aid in melting ice faster?" She asked in confusion, before shrugging her shoulders as her dorsal flattened briefly and she sent an unimpressed look his way, "Either way, you disappear, with out so much as a flip of the tail. I was worried. Tell me next time?" she said firmly.

When she asked about where he went however, she was surprised by the sudden shift in attitude, "Sol?" She asked softly, tilting her head delicately to one side. At his words she sucked in a breath, her gills fluttering slightly in the shock, "I take it . . . That it didn't go well? If you need to talk about it, I'm here." She offered. At his next words, the mare smiled slightly, "I missed you too, it was odd not having my Best Friend around."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol snorted softly and shook his head at her sleepy argument. There was no describing how much he had missed his best friend, nor the depths of his happiness at seeing her healthy and happy. "I will concede to the ice comment... for now. I did disappear rather abruptly. I think it was actually talking to you about it before that helped me to be able to face it." He remarked softly, eyes softening further as he watched her awaken more.

"I am so very sorry for worrying you. I woke one morning with an almost desperate need to make amends and before I realized that I was heading away, I was in the air. I had every intention of stopping to speak to you first, but my intentions seemed to disappear in the clouds. I have no intention of disappearing again, though I will be sure to discuss plans with you first." He apologized, trying to explain even though he felt that the explanation was not good enough. She deserved more than late apologies.

Sol sighed again, closing his eyes as he tried to work out the words needed. "To say it went badly is an understatement. I was attacked for just entering the area. All of the guards for the herd were informed to kill on sight, though I think they forgot how large I am. I managed to hold my own, barely, and my father arrived before things could turn for the worst. Not that his arrival made the encounter better. I was put on trial for what was done, exiled officially before the entire herd. The only positive was that I was able to at least offer an apology to my victims." He explained, glossing over a large majority of the trip. The memory of the filly, now mare, and how she had been barely able to whisper welled within him and it took a few moments of work to compose himself to where he could speak.

"The mare that I... attacked... She cant speak at full volume, just the barest of whispers." It was all he could say, all he could deal with at that moment. The pain that he had caused her was overwhelming to say the least and he had to shove the emotions away again to be able to meet Bel's gaze.

He offered a soft smile, stepping closer to her calming presence. "Trust me... I have no intentions of leaving again. I dont think I could handle that long away from my favorite creature." He winked, slowly getting back to his normal self as he filed away the turmoil that had come with going to the place he had once called home. He had tried, had failed miserably, and come home. But in doing so, he was able to close that chapter of his life and tie the loose ends. He was free from the self hatred that had come with the ordeal. From this point forward, he could make himself better.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
Bel tilted her head to the side, blinking wide eyes innocently as she turned to look up at the mammoth beside her, "It really would be in your best interest to concede to all ice or aquatic comments. They do tend to color most of my speech. You learn to mimic the fish around you after all." She teased with a playful smile, "Cut off my fins, but I'll still be of the waves." She teased, before blinking in surprise at his words. Because of talking with her? She was quiet as she allowed him to explain, letting him get the barnacle of his chest.

It didn't take him long to get to the point, but she was alarmed by what he had done, or rather attended to do. She knew he was brave, but this was like racing a hungry shark! One wrong move, and you'd be bitten. And it sounds like he nearly had been. Her muzzle drifted into a sad frown, her head shaking, "That must have been painful. Can you even properly call it closure even? Im so sorry it ended like that, Sol." She spoke softly, her gaze lowering.

That same gaze shot up when he spoke of the mare he had attacked so long ago, her dual eyes widening at the implications of the damage - feeling a little out of the water in how to offer support or comfort in this scenario. It wasn't like she could say it was okay- the mare couldn't even talk right. So instead she repeated her previous words, "I'm so sorry, Sol."

At his next words, the glimpse of the old Sol returning, Bel felt herself fill with a touch of relief. Maybe he would be alright. He was her friend, her best friend, and she didn't want to imagine how any of that may have hurt him. "Now don't go making promises. You're allowed to explore and see the world too, silly! Besides, who knows, you may meet a mare one day who you'll want to spend the rest of your life with, and you won't want to be tied into one place for a promise made to me." She said with a playful stern tone, her muzzle twitching in amusement.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol snorted at her innocent look, shaking his head at the mare. "Perhaps, though that should mean that you must concede all fire related ones. And it is probably a good thing that i am not trying to mimic fish. I still done know how far the heat from my hooves will spread in the water." The much larger stallion winked as he took a moment to gaze at the water around them.

"Speaking of fish... Where is your little friend? Is she still with you?" Sol asked, his mind going to the day when Bel had met the strange little creature. The fear that had echoed through him at her speaking of a song. The terror that had gripped his heart at the idea of losing her to some deep sea siren. He had to take a long look at Bel to make sure that she was still doing well. That had been one of the last times that they had been together in Novus.

Sol sighed, trying to figure out his next words. "I dont know that it was closure... at least not in the traditional sense. However, i was able to say my apologies and at least try to prove the depths of my regret at what had happened. I think that I have been able to use this to come to terms with the horrible things that I did in my younger years. This has served to teach me more about myself and the stallion that I am today." He said, feeling the rightness of his words in his very bones. The brutal honesty that, while terrible, his past had shaped him into a much better stallion than he would have been if it hadnt happened.

"You dont need to apologize. Without you, without your guidance... I would have never been able to even try. But I couldnt leave things in the past without at least trying to set it right. Without trying to make amends. I thank you for being the one to be at my side as I figured this out." His words were raw, honest, and spoken with an air of almost worshipful thanks and awe. He trusted her, trusted her opinions and thoughts. It was a shock that surged through the very marrow of his bones as he realized that she was the first that he had ever trusted in any form.

Sol laughed, shaking his head at her words. The idea of meeting another that could hold his heart, particularly with his past, was mind-blowing. "I dont know that any mare could hold a candle to you. I have never trusted anyone before you... Anyone else would have run away screaming from my past alone. Yet you accepted it and helped me to move forward from it. For now, I am just honored to have a best friend like you. I would be lost if I hadnt met you." He said, nudging the alien mare gently and smiling. The idea of a mate was almost outlandish to think of. For now at least, Sol was more than happy with his life and the fact that Bel was such a large part of it.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
Bel's features playfully shifted in expression, less innocent and more mischevious, "'Concede' to fire related ones? Why ever so? Even a powerful enough wave will dowse a flame!" She declared, eyes sparkling, "Condede to fire, Me? I can't change my fins, silly Sol!" She added, a strong declaration, before she tilted her head at the mention of his hooves, twisting her muzzle lightly in thought, "Yes, good point, I prefer my fish raw anyways," She admitted, casually trusting her best friend enough to mention the more predatory aspects of her diet with little concerns of his reaction.

At the question of Yuki, Bel lifted her fluke of a tail, indicating to the water, "She didn't deem it time enough to waken. She's being quite the basking shark, lazy and half asleep. But I don't blame her. The heat of the season is a little rough for her at times." She explained. When he spoke of his trip, however, she fell silent again, just letting him talk, though she did offer a smile at his grateful words towards her, even as she moved to lay down in the shallows of the marsh, "Any moving body of water has waves. They push and pull at the banks, beaches and land. This force can stress the rock and carve the land, it leaves lasting impressions, scars that will tell its story, even long after the water dries up and leaves, and the land continues to survive, despite it. The plants will still grow, the soil will continue to build up, the land survives." She said slowly, offering a slight smile, "Your past is the waves crashing against you, and like the land, you will be stronger regardless. You will grow taller even when history tries to entrap you. And like that water, your past no longer holds effect now. It will continue to dry up, and one day you'll look back on it as nothing more than a cold, painful memory."

She tilted her head faintly with a warm smile, "And of course you have me and my guidance. You're my friend, I'll always be on your side!" She promised with a playful laugh. His next words had her blinking in confusion however, tilting her head lightly to one side, "Have faith, silly Sol. Some mare will meet you and she'll be an infero compared to my simple candle. An inferno that can keep up with your own. I'm also the first you've fully trusted with not just your story but the guilt you carried with it. You have to remember to let others in. Don't be afraid to show others how amazing you are - if you do, then there will be no questions asked - they will be just as impressed with you as I am. I just know it." She stated with a reassuring grin, "A mate wouldn't be outlandish, it's the least you deserve after the life you've had."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: She has such faith in him.

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol snorted as he watched the aquatic creature brighten from sleepy to impish, loving that she was comfortable with him enough to be as mischievous as she was prone to when they were together. "I will have you know that water does not always trump fire... There have been cases where fire has been hot enough to burn the water out of existence." He winked as he looked at her with a smirk. "And perhaps you would find that baked or steamed fish would be preferable to raw and bloody..." He shuddered slightly at the idea of eating raw fish, the idea so foreign that he could barely wrap his head around it.

The massive stallion laughed at the comment about her companion, finding the idea of heat something pleasant rather than uncomfortable. "I suppose it is a very good thing that I dont have any icy bonded to worry about. I tend to prefer heat to cold myself." He shook his head before listening to her launch into a speech about water and land. As she moved to the water herself, he followed and laid on the dryer ground so that they were still close enough to each other to speak comfortably.

"You are right, and wiser than before I believe. Perhaps the time did you well... and I would sincerely hope that I do not find myself growing taller.. I am already one of the tallest in Novus!" He teased, eyes widening in mock horror at the idea. He found himself thankful for her friendship, for her words of wisdom. It was very possible that he could have been a much different stallion by now, one much less pleasant to be around.

"I cant say that I deserve a mate... not after all of the bad things that I have done. Someday, perhaps... but not now. I have much to work through before I could even think of being worth anyone's time." He said softly, his words harshly self-critical and sorrowful. He still blamed himself for the terrible things, even with the closure he had found. There was a large part of him that was terrified that he could switch back to that stallion. Closing his golden eyes, he tried to find the positive that she seemed to see in him. His dearest friend. The one being that he could trust with everything that he was and had been in the past. The only one that had never run from him and the terrible things he had done. It was beginning to hit him that she and he would never be capable of more than friendship, but he found that he was not as upset with the idea as he had imagined he would be. He would be ok, as long as she was his friend. Perhaps that was all he would ever deserve from anyone, but he would be glad for any friends that would stand beside him.

Shaking away the emotional baggage, he flicked an ear and looked at her. "So what chaos have you been causing while I was away?" He teased, golden eyes twinkling with amusement and a hint of sorrow that he had missed so much time with her.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: More faith than he has in himself for sure!!

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
The mare tilted her head quietly, eyeing her best fried as he tried to argue of fire trumping water sometimes. She hmmmed for a moment, eyes narrowing playfully, "Water has a cycle however. When fire runs out of fuel, it dies. It disappears and once cooled and gone, it's over. Water is the opposite. Water is ever lasting. It hangs in the air. It's trapped in the ground. It is always returning, always resurfacing. Even when water might burn out of existence, when the situation allows, the water returns, a rushing force soothing away the scorching of the fire. Never doubt the perseverance of water, dear Sol. Fire is halted by might rock. With enough force and constant flowing, water will carve it's way through the rock." She retorted, before her gazes softened, "Inspire to live your life by the waves, not the flames, Sol. Even when flames weaken, when a fire dies, water stays steady and strong. Don't be a fleeting impression . . . you deserve to be a steady force in anyone's life." She could see it even now, that remaining self doubt . . . and she wanted so much more for him than that.

At his reaction to her other preference for food, Bel had to laugh, "Sol, I hunt as I swim. Usually catching the prey and eating it, fast food if you will. I'm not going to sit on my fins, waiting for a meal to quick!" She retorted, amused at his reaction, "You enjoy your disgusting grass. I'll enjoy my fish, algae, sea cucumbers plankton and seaweed." She paused, thoughtful, "Although, some of the creatures that Yukime has told me about, where my people came from, sound really yummy. I'd love to try a peeper one day . . . It's unfortunate the planet is infected and unsafe." She admitted with a soft frown.

The alien smiled at her friend's laugh - relieved to hear it, knowing it was further proof he was on the mend from his history. "I wouldn't trade Yuki for the world. She's my connection to my history, and a strong companion as well." She admitted, while Yuki slapped her tail against the surface of the water, breaking it, in acknowledgement to the compliment. Her expression twisted playful at his comments of preferring the heat. "You can keep your heat, I'll stick to my ice and snow. It's much more comfortable to me." She stated playfully, as she watched him lay down.

When he made a comment on her growing wiser, she blinked in surprise, "Have I? I suppose I haven't noticed. I'm still the same minnow among the sharks around here . . . but I guess I am learning to adapt to the land, and I'm learning a lot about myself along the way." She admitted with a soft smile "Polar . . . being alive . . . has helped as well. It's . . . made things a lot easier to see that my future is brighter too. That my past can't dictate my future." She paused faintly, "I'm still not all the way there. There is a lot of damage from the pod, but . . . it's getting better." She admitted. "So, take it from me, that time will do you a world of wonders as well." She stated with a strong emphasis, "You just have to let it."

And then his self deprecation came back. What was she going to need to do? Set him up on blind dates? 'He's tall, dark and handsome. Total fish out of water in social settings. And has a back story more tragic than Ariel when she turns into bubbles. But he's faithful and loyal! Give him a chance?' Actually, maybe that could work, not that she'd do that with out his permission. "Just because you think you don't deserve a mate, doesn't mean it is true. I do agree that now isn't the best time for you. You cannot accept that anyone else loves you until you learn to love yourself. You're my best friend, Sol, and I want to see you happy. Happy and settled. With a mate to fight for, pups to be proud of. You deserve the most in life, you just can't see it yourself yet . . . but you will. You'll get there. You'll so learn that your history doesn't define you, it just started the process to mold you.

"You proved yourself more than your history already. You are trying to do better. You are making sure your history doesn't repeat, that you are never perceived to be that male ever again. You're a whole different stallion now. And you've grown a lot just with my company. But a family could help heal the last of your wounds - if you would just let it.
" One day he would realize she wasn't the only one who could be there for him. One day he'd meet the mare who soothed the wounds not even she could reach, who could settle his mind, and his heart. And Bel prayed that day comes soon. If anyone deserved that happiness, it was her best friend.

The topic turned lighter however, and she smiled at the question, "Not too much really. Yukime and I have mostly been spending our time together. She's been teaching me about the world I come from . . . sharing secrets of my people lost to time since we left our home planet." Her eyes brightened, as she leaned towards him, eyes glinting, "For example, my people tend to run and are easily frightened now a days. Weak in the face of danger. Apparently we had lost knowledge. We used to be a warrior race, with magic that would bend the waves to our call." Her eyes gleamed with excitement, "I'm hoping to unlock that aspect again! To one day be able to claim that magic again. When I'm ready."

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: She has such faith in him.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »