Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - Flames of Rebirth

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

This flaming guardian could be your worst nightmare...

The massive ebony, gold, and white pegasus had woke early, the pull to speak to his god drawing him. It had been a long while since the stallion had made the journey. Sol Bestiam was a very different being than he had been the first time, and much of that was thanks to having a place to truly belong. Thanks to Oriens and his cherished friendship with the aquatic mare that held a large part of his heart. The memory of her nudging him to find a relationship, to let others in, made the giant stallion laugh into the crisp morning air. He found that he was finally realizing, much to his chagrin, that perhaps he and Below Zero were not meant to be more than close friends. That knowledge still struck him as odd and he found himself struggling with the thought.

Sol found himself landing at the base of the path up the mountain. Even if it had been allowed, and he was truly unsure of those rules and restrictions, the stallion preferred the walk to get his mind into the best place to speak to the god. The audition had been the first time that he had actually spoken to the god's true face, had heard his true words. That voice had inspired a pull to really devote himself. That alone was a thought that put an amused smile on his face. He had never devoted himself to anything, had only taken for granted that he was destined for power. Now, he had given up that power and was trying to forge a new path in the world that he had come to call home.

Stepping into the carved temple-like area, Sol cast his gaze over the area to check for any other worshipers that might be in attendance to their gods, that might be speaking to Oriens themselves. Thankfully, it seemed that he was alone, cast adrift in the world between realms. He strode forward, his golden gaze resting upon the face of stone that was to signify Oriens. As he moved, he wondered if the god could hear his words through those stone ears, or if it was much more complex than that. Sol wondered if the god would deign himself to answer, or if he would be left speaking to air once again. Not that he had any right to claim the god's full attention. He was nothing more than a merchant in a realm that was far from where he was born.

"Oriens..." The 21 hand stallion said reverently, dipping his head before the statue. He fought with the desire to be obscenely formal and to speak from the heart. What would the other prefer? Would he lift his opinion for one that was as formal as possible, or did he prefer the words that came straight from the heart?

"From the heart it is... I apologize if it is not what you prefer, my lord." He started again, lifting his gaze as he spoke. "Time has passed quickly since my last visit, though slowly since the last time that we were able to speak. Much has changed in my world, and I credit a lot of those changes to you. You inspired me to be better, to make amends and prove myself to be the best that I could be. I went back to where I was born. To where I had done all of those terrible things. While I was not received with open hooves, I was able to at least attempt to make my peace with the herd and with the filly that I had victimized. She cant even speak above a whisper, yet she was willing to hear me out and allow me to say what I needed to say. I left an outcast, forever forbidden to return. But I returned to Novus with much better emotions regarding the stallion that I have become. I want to do more to honor you, though I am unsure of where to even begin. You have no idea how badly I wish that you would come down here and speak to me. That you would tell me exactly what you would like me to do. I want to be of use to you and to the court that has taken in the monster that I used to be. I want to be better." He finished, once again dipping his head. He continued to speak to the god silently, repeating much of the words that were said to the open air. Sol found that he was not willing to leave just yet, having patience to see if Oriens would indeed show his face or if he was once again speaking to the solid stone around him.

"Speaking"
@
Notes: 793 words <3

CREDIT to Miss Sparkle (offsite)