Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Festival] In the heat of the moment

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
There was a certain relief that came from no longer having to be alone. Even if it was a temporary thing. There was no knowing what would come past this festival time. If she and Atlas would cross paths again, if they would be more than worth a nod of greeting. Part of her, the part who craved friendship, companionship, a sense of Pod, however; hoped it wouldn't be so. She wanted that knowledge she could have more friends to turn to than an over proteicve, flaming giant, or a land-locked little sister. She wanted a friend that she could coast the current to, declare it was time for an adventure, and they'd drop everything to join her. She wanted a friend that she could count the stars with, and make up stories for fake constellations she could find.

Deep down, she knew these were random wishes.

Deep down, she wanted a friend like Shard again.

But Shard was in the past, a past she didn't want to touch, a past so unreachable it hurt her heart to remember. It threw her mind in disarray, it turned her normal happy mood into a hurricane of violent emotions. Her past wasn't worth remembering right now, she was striving to keep outrunning it, at least for a little while longer; because when those memories finally caught up again, they'd break her.

She tilted her head curiously, her eyes widening, remembering hearing about that Library, "I've not seen the library myself, but I've heard of it!" But then he spoke of something else, and she was suddenly sitting up straighter, her gaze curious, eager, excited, "A field of flowers? Like stars fallen? Oh, you have to tell me where that is, I want to see it! It must be a sight to see, to experience!" Her smile turned softer, "Sounds like when the first snow falls in the tundra, crisp snowflakes dotting the landscape, like small sparkles. At night, the way the entire world will become a sheen of ivory, reflecting the moonlight in such a way, it's like daylight again, so bright." There were parts about the icy home she came from that she still missed.

The mare tilted her head, before laughing at his wink, her smile friendly and open, "Oh, I'll be the first to admit to craving friendship where ever I can get it. Though, it usually has me conveniently forgetting that there are those capable of cruelty when in the face of a faux smile." She admitted with an embarrassed smile.

The talk of Yuki definitely made her topic a change of one that she could be amused by. His reaction to her explaining her companion had him chuckling, "Oh, there's nothing to forgive! She'd probably be delighted at being imagined as some fearsome beast." She teased with a laugh of her own, "I'll be sure to introduce her to you proper the next time we meet up though. She really in a bit of a character, even if a bit judgemental.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Atlas
Notes:: <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »