Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Of treatments and socializing

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel was silently thankful she had been in Denocte before for a festival. It was proving helpful in her finding her way towards the Markets so she could then back track to where Luvena said her place was. Her walk was a little stiff, a little awkward as the half peeling temporary bandage itched the flesh torn by wolves not so long ago. She'd been careful to keep the wound covered, and hoping it would heal well, but it didn't mean that it wasn't difficult to walk. The weird flower petals had long since worn off and that first night had been agony. Now the dull throbbed pain of a fresh wound remained, but not near as bad as that first night.

Yuki had been left at the swamp today, as she tried to rush a little to get to where she was going. She was a day later getting to Luvena than recommended, however, but she was hopeful the wound was fine. She'd been careful not to tear it further. Watched it for any oddness or otherwise and it seemed fine. Though her vapors seemed to keep wanting to wetten the odd rock mush and bandage away. Shed been forced to lay on her side awkwardly to sleep to try to keep the vapors from causing the makeshift treatment from falling off. As it was, it had begun to start to peel.

Bel paused briefly seeing what looked like the doorway of what she was looking for. She made her way to the door way, peering in cautiously" Uhm, Luvena? Are you here? It's Bel." She greeted, hesitating to enter with out approval, especially if she somehow got the wrong place. 

"Bel"
Yukime
@Luvena
Notes:: A bit rushed <3 But here ya go!

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

Yara and Mithra were the first to greet the treader. One giving a sharp bark, before they both bounded up, tails wagging. Luvena woke with a startle at sounds, and quickly stood up from her place near the window, her ears flicking forward. It had been a busy week, what with gathering herbs, healing the Bel, and the hustle of the champion trials. She found herself sleeping more every time she had a moment, and briefly, wondered if she’d bitten off more than she could chew. 

“Come in” she invited, stretching forward, joints cracking loudly as she did. She drew the blinds, letting daylight light up the room. She blinked the sleep out of her eyes, hoping she didn't look as tired as she felt, before giving the other mare a stern look. “You were supposed to be here yesterday” Luvena chided, clicking her tongue. The room was still dim, the sunlight not reaching every corner and recess, and she kept no flames inside.   

She moved towards the shelves that housed everything she needed. Slowly over the summer she had built up her stores. Some jars housed crushed and dried leaves, while others held plants soaking in brine. She reached for one filled with bright yellow petals, with a messy label scrawled across the front reading “elecampane”. She pulling out a mortar and pestle, and dumped in some of the flowers.  

“Make yourself comfortable, I’ll only be a minute, I’ve more here to fix you up then some mud and grass” she smiled. Picoro pulled through the tangles in her mane while she worked. She poured salt water over the petals, using the pestle to form a thick paste, a poultice much more sophisticated than the one she had thrown together in the plains. With proper gauze from the markets, and cobwebs to hold it all in place.  “I met your sister a few days ago” she mentioned. 

@Below Zero

@Luvena

Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
Bel was nervous as she peered through the doorway, only to jump back at the two animals quickly coming towards her. She stood still, eyes on the creatures constantly that reminded her of smaller, more hairy versions of her attackers. However, the tail wag was usually a positive reaction, no? Her muzzle lowered cautiously, sniffing the animals with hesitation, before noticing movement out of the corner of her far eyes. Instantly her eyes split into separate entities, the larger set focused on the small animals as they held the most notable potential for harm, while her smaller set of eyes tracked the movement only relaxing a little more when she noticed it was Luvena standing, opening blinds to let sunlight into the room, inviting her in.

Bel's eyes rejoined focusing on one thing, watching the little furred creatures under hoof as she awkwardly stepped over them, lifting her tail higher in the air as she stepped into the sunlight, before flinching and affording an awkward grin to Luvena. The grin dropped into a sheepish smile at the stern look, "Yes, I'm a little late. I'm sorry. I won't lie, and admit I totally lost track of the days a bit. There's been a lot going on in Dusk lately, especially with our own festival planning going on. Hard to imagine it's already almost fall." Bel stated with a slight smile.

She watched the other move around the rooms, tilting her head at the way they looked, the way they built up. It was neat, seeing a house properly for a mare who tended to sleep at the bottom of the swamp, and it brought back into mind the idea of getting a proper residence of her own, though perhaps not in the hustle and bustle of the main court for Dusk, but would it be so bad to build up her own place in the swamp? She might have to see about that at another time. Bel watched curiously as the other worked on getting things going, grinding flowers, even as Bel was told to get comfortable.

Bel carefully lowered herself to the ground, favoring the injury, and the direction of her vapors so as to not cause any more damage to the slowly healing area, or to wetten the bandage still applied previously, "What is all of this stuff? I mean, other than medicine. I've never actually seen a healer work like this . . . It's . . well, it's fascinating." At her next words, Bel blinked for a moment, shifting, straightening slightly, "You did??" Her voice was excited, wide-eyed delight, "How did she look? Is she settling in okay? She looked happy right?" Bel asked, all signs of a sibling who hadn't been around their younger sibling much. Eager, desperate even for knowledge, for information. For anything that might tell her how her sister was doing.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Luvena
Notes:: <3

Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

The stars are alive, child! Did you know that? Everything out there is alive, and there are grand purpose abroad!

The girls had to awkwardly duck under Below Zero’s hooves, trying not to get clipped in the head. They had quickly grown into their full height, both coming just up to Luvena’s stomach. They had only to fill out, heavy enough to fend against any opponent.  She didn’t miss Bel’s reaction them, similar to her sisters, as her eyes lingered on them. “Don’t mind the girls” she remarked gently. “They’re quiet harmless. Still babies really,” though she had to remind herself that they would not be much longer, as they had already surpassed 8 months old. 

She nodded in acknowledgment. “Denocte too has been readying itself for autumns festival. I’m sure you saw the pyre. It seems they’re nearly done with it.” the words sounded hollow as they rolled off her tongue. She tried not to look at the thing, knowing what would follow when it was done.  “I’d rather we stick to summer for just a bit longer” she replied. “The colder months are no fun for medics. They bring with them sickness, and no herbs to treat it” she glanced up to all her shelves. “I can stock up but… it’s never enough” she sighed, even now dreading the slog through what would likely be a hard winter.  She huffed slightly. "They don't treat me very well either"

“You can take that off” she directed, gesturing to the old cobbled together bandage, as she finished up the new poultice, carrying it over towards the woman, where she set it down on the floor. “This one will sting a bit, though in a way I’m sure you’re used to” she warned before answering the question directed at her. She poured the last of the saltwater over the wound, which looked to have almost closed itself up, starting to scab over nicely, washing out the last of the dried clay. 

“Different herbs for all sorts of things” she started, while spreading the poultice over the wound “Elecampane, this one, is good for infections, or ingested for respiratory disease. Feverfew and meadowsweet for fevers and painkillers… Valerian for nerves… and some other things too. Animal sinew for the stitches we discussed, saltwater for poultice making -helps with the infection as well - cobwebs to adhere bandages… We medics have found all sorts of tools to use”  She smiled softly as she took a step back, placing the bowl back on the shelf, and retrieving the gauze and cobwebs.

“Very well indeed. I’ll be seeing more of her in fact I think. She seemed quite interested in learning the trade” 

@Below Zero

@Luvena

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
Bel frowned slightly, her expression shifting, "I thought they were a little smaller than they are, sorry, er, what ever they are." She awkwardly mumbled, still nervous around something that looked so much like what had attacked her. She tilted her head at Lu's words though, and let out a small squeak, "Only babies, and they look that l-large. Oh, oh boy." She stated quietly before glancing towards Lu again.

She had seen the pyre and had been curious about it, "I do like how festive Novus is. It's so neat to see, to watch how everyone gets together for these events. The way they're all happy and filled with laughter. It's fun to see it all." She could understand what she meant, however, her own sister had issues about the cold after all. "I love the cold personally, but I'm built for the cold - so I often forget how hard it can be on others. If you ever need help attempting to find any of your supplies in the cold, especially if it is still able to be grown and found - let me know. The cold doesn't bother me at all, after all, and I'd be happy to help out." She offered with a smile. It was the least she could do anyways.

The mare removed the old bandage, as she watched the other bring over the items, tilting her head curiously when she's told it will sting, only for saltwater to get poured over it. Bel understood then, the sting not bothering in the slightest, as the water trailed over her skin, the smell of home. She watched as the water bled off in color in areas from where the clay was removed, listening when the other explained the ingredients of the poultice as she put it in place. She eager listened along, eyes wide with surprise, "I wouldn't have imagine being so resourceful with this stuff, it's neat! Though I'm afraid I don't know what a lot of those herbs are that you named." She admitted with a laugh, as the other got up to get the stuff to seal and hold the seal of the bandage. The words on her sister were a delight however, eyes wide, "I'm glad she has someone to be around. I've worried about how well she will settle in . . . I didn't grow up with her, after all. I thought she was dead for the longest time. It's . . . been difficult suddenly finding her alive and realizing I know so little about her. I do know she's very passionate about healing though. But with what happened in the past, I don't blame her." If anything, it only amazed her more about the wonderful mare her sister was maturing into. momma would have been so proud.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Luvena
Notes:: <3

Night Court Sovereign

“Leonbergers” she replied “they’re used to pull carts in some places. I’ve thought about getting a small one for Mithra, so that we can bring back more stores, but I’m not sure she’d much enjoy it” She laughed as Bel stammered over her words. “Well, mostly grown in size, perhaps a little ways to go, but still babies at heart” 

“There was a festival going on here when I first came to Novus. It was the autumn equinox then, and I found myself in the markets for a few days before I made my way to dusk. It was… lively. And nice, in some ways” She remembered sitting a ways away from the fire with Caelum, the strange fairy woman who had first welcomed her to the country. “I may yet take you up on that” 

She started laying the gauze over the poultice gently, laying strips perpendicular to one another in a few layers, before draping cobwebs over top, being sure to press them over the mares thin coat so that they’d keep everything stuck in place. “I understand” Luvena comforted gently. She found herself thinking about her boys, and while she had little hope for Liatris, knowing what had happened in Elysium, she chose to believe that Eremurus had grown strong with his mother. “She a bright little thing” 

She stepped back from her work, happy with the newly secured and much improved dressing. “That should do it until it heals up. It’s going to scab over and itch rather fiercely, but unless you want a nasty scar you’ll have to leave it be. Will you be going back to Dusk soon? Or staying in the court here for a little while?” 

@Below Zero

@Luvena

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
The mare listened to the other's explanation of the creatures breed, her gaze watching with a fair bit of caution remaining (though she had only just been attacked by another canine, one couldn't blame her too much), "Sounds like they will be quite useful, especially if they enjoy it. So, they are not bonded then - like . . . Picoro, yes? Just - companions?" She asked after a moment, before relaxing at the other's assurance that their growth was done, just to grow out of the baby stage of personality, "Oh, I couldn't even imagine them getting bigger, they're already rather frightening!" She admitted with her own awkward laugh.

Bel tilted her head at the mention of an autumn equinox, nodding, "I might have been there - they had the mourning grounds - with candles, yes? It's when I first came across Polar North. I, uh, thought she was a ghost at first. Terrified me rather fiercely." It had been a struggle then, with her baby sister seeming to appear out of nowhere, they were only just now getting on better terms, losing the awkward stage. "Oh, please feel free. I enjoy exploring anyways - having a task to do while exploring would be more fun still, I imagine." Bel stated, eager to help out the mare who had helped her so much.

The other was wrapping up, now, the gauze laid down carefully, before cobwebs held it closed, sticking it all together, "My sister has had a tough life this far, I'm proud of the mare she's become." Bel admitted, her features touching with shame, "I just wish I hadn't played a part in her exile, even if it hadn't been my choice." As the other stepped back, Bel was pulled away from the thoughts to look at the bandaging, before making a playfully dejected face, "Does this mean I still need to stay out of the water?" She teased, before nodding more seriously, "I'll make sure to be careful then, I'd rather avoid any nasty scars . . . And I might search out my sister, and see what you festivities look like, I haven't really looked into it too much lately." Her gaze already brightening with the idea of seeing Pol.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Luvena
Notes:: Figured we can start wrapping this one up :D and then plot the Cael/Lu reunion thread where Cael showers her with rare medicinal gifts.

Night Court Sovereign

She nodded quietly, watching the curls who were now tumbling amongst each other in the corner. Fur flying in all directions and tails waving frantically. They snarled and snapped, but neither ever made any sort of real contact with the other, save for their hips knocking against each other every time they bounced around. “Exactly. They don’t… speak, or connect the way Picoro and I, or Yukime and you would… nonetheless though they stick around, and I love them each dearly as well.” 
“That's the one…” she replied, trailing off. She too had thought briefly she’d seen something, though hers had been more of a shadow, a looming, of what had once torn her apart, and made her who she was now. No longer royalty, but a figment of the lady she had once been. Of course he had not been there, but she saw him in every flicker of the candle light, every shadow it cast upon the stone walls of the court. “Ironic, at a mourning festival to find out you need not mourn anymore” 
She was more grateful than she could admit for the mares offer. She knew taking a position as champion of healing that she would have a hard time keeping up with the demand for supplies, so any extra hands would help immensely. 
She glanced up at the statement, and gently shook her head, flickin thin strands of forelock into her eyes. “No use dwelling on that when you can’t change it” she murmured comfortingly. “Better to focus on things you can do now” 
She laughed as the woman made her playful retort. “Not unless you want to be back here in a day paying for a new roll of gauze” she teased right back. “Off you go then. Tell your sister I’m ready whenever she’d like to join me here.”

@Below Zero
closed <3

@Luvena

Dusk Court Battlemage

B e l o w Z e r o
Bel watched the canines, even as Lu spoke, nodding along as she smiled at their antics, before glancing at the mare, "I'm glad to have my sister back, but there is still a lot to mourn, but at least now - we can mourn it together." She said softly, almost sadly, "But at least it's not a path we must walk alone." She stood then, smiling at the mare, with a dip of her head, "If you need anything, reach out to me, I will happily rely your message to my sister. Take care of yourself, Lu, and thank you again. I'll come back if there's any further problems with this wound but you've done so much to help me, I can't say I'm expecting any issues." She briefly touched her muzzle to the other mare's shoulder, a sign of gratitude, before she trotted towards the door, pausing to look back, her eyes sparkling warmly, "Oh, and I know that sometimes different things of the ocean can be beneficial to. Kelp and other sorts for all sort of issues - if you ever want any of that, I'm always up for any reason to jump into the ocean." She called back, before heading out the door in search of her sister.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Luvena
Notes:: Closed <3