Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - Shadowed Confusion

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Voodoo

Dont Trust Shadows

A dark snort in the air, the tone of rich dark velvet. As the stallion paced through the realms with muscular, leonine grace, he tossed his monochrome head and reveled in the stinging caresses of his almost whip-like moonstone tresses. Ebony striping, reminiscent of a python in the shadows, danced along his sooty gray roan coat. White paint markings were like a spotlight in the gloom where he traveled, the moon-kissed limbs glowing as he sauntered toward his destination. Glacial orbs took in the world around him, his mind documenting those he passed with his own silent judgements. He was a being of battle, trained as a warrior and employed as a guard to one of the lesser noble houses. Voodoo found that he took pride in the fact that he was a warrior for hire, though not the mercenary that he would have imagined.

The muscular beast had left his home well before dawn the day before, continuing to walk until he was unable to see the rich flora around him. At that point, he had found a secluded and easily defended area to rest his fatigued legs. It was a longer trek now that he was a denizen of the night court rather than day. It was hard to align himself fully, having been raised in the vibrant city of Solterra and trained in the name of the god Solis. Solis was the god that he still held as his own, though it was more than time to at least try to understand Caligo. To understand that pain that had driven her to the extremes that she had gone through at one point. A frown kissed his maw as he walked, his mind replaying the stories of the gods that he had learned as a colt. There was so much that he still didnt understand, that he probably never would. Not that it was all bad. Voodoo himself had stated that he was not the most scholarly type of equine, rather one fit for warfare and being the muscular wall between beings.

As the path that he was treading started to wind into the heavens, Voodoo flicked an ear and paused. He took the time to seek any that might bar his way, to pinpoint those that might overhear his words to the gods themselves. Alone. Utterly alone. That was the way that the massive, monochrome stallion liked it. He hated speaking from the heart when others might overhear. His mentor had taught him that his words could be used to weaken him in times of trial, that he needed to guard his speech as closely as he might guard his charge. Taking a deep draw of the cool air around him, he once again strode forward.

The top of the path opened around him, his eyes pausing on each statue that he could see. Solis was easy enough to pick out, a creature that he aligned with as a warrior beast. Stepping closer, he took a few breaths to pick out Caligo, the lady of darkness. She would be the next that he spoke to. The one that he tried to understand.

"Lord Solis..." The warrior breathed as he dipped into a bow before the statue. His eyes drifted to the heavens as he settled back upon his powerful limbs. "I have been assigned out of the court, out of the realm that answers to you. No matter where I find that I truly belong, I will always be grateful to you for the teachings that I learned while in your court. For the mentoring that taught me to be the warrior and guardian that I am. You will always be my primary lord." He vowed, turning toward the dark figure that was Caligo. His ice hued eyes traveled over her statue, taking in the elegant lines of the powerful mare.

"Lady Caligo." He began, his dark voice caressing stone ears that likely didnt care. How much did the gods actually care about those on the soil? "I was trained as a warrior, as a guardian. From what I understand, you stand for much the same things, though in a different aspect than Lord Solis. You stand for protecting, for defending those that need it. Your followers are passionate and wary, a group that I can understand as a warrior. I may not have been born in your court, but I will do my best as a member of it now. I will protect those that need it, as well as do my best to learn more about you and what you stand for..." He vowed, stepping back from the dark statue and bowing his head to speak silently. He wasnt sure that she would hear his prayers, but it settled his unease at being part of a new court.

@
"Speaking."
Notes: