Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Touch The Stars - Jane

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

This flaming guardian could be your worst nightmare...

The shiver had him pausing, wondering to the source. Was it emotion, hesitation? He gazed at the mare with soft eyes, listening to her heart beat. "I cannot say that I have ever been called beautiful before. But then I also havent allowed myself the pleasure of another's company, outside of my best friend. And she made it clear that there would be no romance between us." He laughed softly, glad that he had accepted that discussion and was open to flirting with another.

"Since we have both made it clear that we dont have any reservations about age... I would suppose that means that neither of us have an issue with wherever this goes." Wherever it goes... And he wasnt sure where he wanted this to go. Sol was enjoying the time with the beauty beside him, the verbal banter and flirtations that were passing between the pair.

Another shiver, another sign that she was feeling something. That knowledge was heady, causing him to really work to contain himself. Her touch was electrifying, a jolt to a place that had been dormant for so long. He breathed deep, taking in her scent along with that of the world around them as he smirked at her. "It seems that we are the perfect match... A pair of gilded beasts." He responded, his voice husky and filled with unnamed emotions.

Her words were dancing in his ears as he grinned. "Should the conversation be lost... there is always other chances. I would hate to think that this is our only meeting. It would be such a heartache to be separated from your beauty for too long." He murmured, his words perhaps a touch exaggerated. That being said, he was enjoying this more than he thought he would. At the pleasure in his system, moments from his past tried to rear their ugly heads. Shoving them down forcefully, he ran his muzzle along her shoulder.

Her next words were a challenge, making him snort in amusement. "That is quite the question. I spent a good amount of time here before my... trip... and then have been back for a few months. At this point, I have no desire to leave Novus and am thrilled to be back. To find new faces and beauty unparalleled..." While his life had been a mess, he was finding that he was thankful for the things that his past had taught him. Sol was more mature and ready for the next parts of his life... Even if it was just learning how to put himself out for a relationship once again.

"Speaking"
@Jane
Notes: This thread is a blast <3

CREDIT to Miss Sparkle (offsite)

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

jane

Multiple things ran through Jane’s mind at the stallion’s advances. First, there was the initial excitement of someone giving her attention. Positive attention, too, made her feel lithe and soft inside. But there was a bit of something akin to revulsion at the pit of her stomach, and she did not know its name. Fear? Was she doing something wrong? At the back of her mind she thought of her mother’s vicious, cold eyes. Indifferent eyes, as though Jane had used up all her patience. There was nothing left for her daughter.

Jane shoved it down. Go away, she willed those thoughts. “I would be lying if I said I had never been called beautiful before, I have. But rarely by those whose beauty parallels mine.” She tilted her head, grinning. 

I would suppose that neither of us have an issue with wherever this goes. Where was it going? She wanted to ask herself. Should she pull back, should she run? If her family found out, there would be hell to pay. Jane had been sent away because they didn’t want to deal with her, only for her to embarrass her family on distant shores. The disgrace would surely ruin her. 

But Jane was, above all things, a girl at the beginning of adulthood. In many ways it was like staring into a cave, and knowing that that cave contained the rooms of marriage, motherhood, and nothing inside them. It wasn’t like she was known for intelligence, either. Really, at the end of the day Jane was known for her rank and nothing more. She was nothing more than any other mare her age; fickle and petty and worthless. 

So let me be fickle and petty and worthless. I don’t want to cross this bridge, so why not burn it. Why not give him the torch. She focused back on Sol, stepping closer and running her nose over his shoulder; muscled, and not as black as she had first thought. Indeed, there lay grey beneath all that darkness, like light pressing through cracks.

“I must confess that I have no set up plans.” Her voice was light, gentle, and yet intense. Did the grass smell this intense for him too? Did he taste the burnt sugar on the breeze? Jane tried to let herself drink it in. “We certainly are fine specimens.” His voice was heady and hot against Jane’s body, and she felt at once afraid and encouraged.

“I live very far from here, you know. But feel free to meet me in Solterra, if you ever pass through. Parting is such sweet sorrow,” she quoted, leaning into his muzzle. 

At his next words, Jane hesitated for a moment. It always made her feel strange, to hear of others who loved their country, who would fight for this country, who would return from their country. She truly doubted that she would be any of them. And yet, the silent truth was that she would never be Angoran again. How could she return without an invitation she would surely never receive. She was dead to them. “I wish I could say it was the same for me, but Novus and I have an indifferent relationship. It doesn't give much of a damn for me, and I don't give much a damn for it either. It's just another country, in my mind. Although it does sport some wonderful characters, yourself included.” 

@[Sol Bestiam] / speaks / right?!?! 

Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol snorted as he listened to her words. "I would be incorrect to agree with that. I am tall and bulky, not as lithe and elegant as you. You are a being of beauty and grace, rich chocolate painted with elegant golds and whites. Though I will admit that we make a striking pair with our similar appearance traits." He laughed softly, golden eyes raking over her lighter build.

He could see the thoughts running across her face, her eyes dancing as she sorted through them. He did not know her well enough to pry, so he waited patiently for her to speak. A part of him drifted to Bel. She would be proud of him getting out and speaking to someone outside of her. He was not pushing her for more than just today, enjoying the time and relief that came with being normal and speaking to another.

"I find that set plans can be boring. I prefer spontaneous and light over planned and heavy when it comes to others." She seemed to be drinking the wind, reveling in the scents and feelings that were surrounding them.

"Solterra is a beautiful place. Only enriched by the beauty of the beings that live in it. I must say that I find myself biased in terms of beauty..." He murmured softly, delighting in the feelings dancing along his skin.

"I can understand that. I started in a very similar place. It was a place to pause, a group of beings that had no knowledge of me and what I had done as a youth. In the time that I have been here, even with the trip back to where I started, I have found myself in a way that I hadnt before. Perhaps you just need to give it time and find others that you can connect to." He murmured, his voice soft and seductive as he spoke.

"Speaking"
@Jane
Notes: <3

Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

They painted a striking image in the field beneath the sun. Black coats were enriched by the sun in such a way that it was only upon proximity that she could decipher the grey accents to his colour. Jane tried to focus on that rather than the fear that existed inside her; always there, always waiting like a tiger.

But, at the end of it all, this was just a day. And his philosophy was a relieving one, an enviable one. “Have you ever heard of the choice paradox? That those with a world of choices tend to struggle to choose? It is a bit like that for me.” 

Joy danced within her, behind all that fear. The attention felt wonderful, and it felt wonderful to give attention. Seduction was truly a fun pastime. “And how would you propose I find myself, o gentleman.”

Im too lazy to add anything rn idk im in a mood

Dusk Court Blacksmith

There was a youthful pattern to her movements, her speech. It was refreshing. How he wished that he had been so light as a youth. Instead he had been overbearing and domineering as a colt. A series of traits that he had worked hard to shove down and learn to change.

"Sometimes, choices can be terrifying. They can be a choice between who we are and who we want to be, between our past and our future. Between duty and desire." The final words were said with a husky voice as he dipped his muzzle toward her satin pelt. He wanted to take the stress from the beautiful mare, to make her feel comfortable and at ease.

At her question, Sol grinned wickedly. "I am sure that we could think of ways... Depends on how you want this meeting to continue..." He offered, eyelids lowered as he watched her with a heated gaze.

"Speaking"
@Jane
Notes: Sorry for delay love! <3

Day Court Scholar

art by vivihal
Jane
She felt his gaze upon her and knew that he wanted her in some way. Some sort of way, deep and hot, burying under her skin along with the cloying heat. He was looking at her, in that way that her lover had once done. When he touched her, she itched and cloyed beneath the muscle and the spent nerves of her flesh. 

When he spoke, she felt as though he were trying to leech the fear from her skin. As though beneath his gaze she were just a girl, a beautiful girl who could let him forget. And when she spoke, the eyes of Sol Bestiam, the Beast, gleamed as though there raged something beautifully cruel within his skin.

“I think you know exactly how I want this to continue. Do you know a place?” 

Tagged; @Sol Bestiam. Ooc; hallooo

i've never felt more alone
it feels so scary getting old

Dusk Court Blacksmith

As she accepted his touch, Sol found himself drawn to her like she was his own personal sun. His flesh craved her touch, the heat from her body dancing along his own form as he stepped even closer. Yes, she was younger than he... but it almost seemed like that fact could flutter away on butterfly wings. There was a maturity to the mare beside him. An air about her that spoke to his heart in ways that no other had before. Not even Bel before she had rebuffed his romantic advances.

"My home is not far, settled on the outside of the court..." He offered, eyes trained on her exquisite features as he spoke. The decision would be hers. That was the one promise he made himself. He would never make the decisions, the mistakes... that he had as a colt. He had grown and come to terms with the foul creature that he had once been. And refused to ever come near that type of creature again.

"Speaking"
@Jane
Notes: <3

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »