Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - What goes up must come down

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
She still felt lost.

Like a phantom creation peering into another world. Like a meteor crashing onto an ice planet. Like the first star born to a new constellation. Nothing here was familiar, nothing here was comforting. It as just one new thing after another, and no increase in knowledge or understanding. No increase in being able to figure out how to be around the others of these lands, how to talk to them, how to be around them, how to be part of them. Was she supposed to be a part of the crowd here? Was she supposed to find a place to belong. Was she destined to be a wayward Nebula unable to do her job. 

There was so much wrong.

She was just a scared star in a new part of the galaxy. She had come to the plain without knowing where she was going, and now she didn't understand where she might be. And so she'd found a spot to lean against a tree and just watch others. She was beginning to pick up small things. They seemed to always say certain sounds when they saw each other, perhaps an identification? or . . . no, they seemed to talk about who they were later only when necessary. No, this appeared to be more like a casual acknowledgment to one another. But she couldn't grasp the sounds they made, and they differed a lot, more than a lot. But gradual understanding might lead to future abilities to communicate with these beings.

She could only hope.

It didn't help now though, didn't help her feel comfortable, didn't help her feel like she could make friends. And now, so far away from the stars and galaxies above, she really just didn't know what to do, where to go, what to expect. She just remained standing silent, standing in confusion and just watching. Perhaps, perhaps one day she could figure out what they said, what they said to her. Perhaps one day she wouldn't feel like the awkward asteroid in the crater on the large land mass with the cold. But until that day, she'd just have to stick to being a dying star in a galaxy of shining bright ones. a demoted proto-planet in a system of more impressive ones.

She'd be the odd star out. 

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: Good Luck Sol!
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

This flaming guardian could be your worst nightmare...

Sol found himself reaching his hooves back toward the earth, his wings slowing his massive form's descent to a safe speed. He loved the air, the feeling of weightlessness that was so at odds with his usual gravitational weight. Stretching his neck, he felt the rocks under his flaming hooves and took a few steps to gather his limbs back under his frame. It always seemed that he needed those extra steps, the chance to let his legs get used to the weight that they bore and his body to readjust to feeling anchored to the soil again. The massive stallion nearly stumbled as his hooves reconnected, causing him to pause and stand still to acclimate back to being an equine of the land rather than the air.

As his body adjusted, he took the moment to stretch out his wings and slowly tuck them in. It took a moment to make sure that they were neatly resting along his side and not tangled within each other. No feathers were out of place or bent in odd angles. Once he was happy with his body and the resting of various pieces, he took a moment to gaze over the plain around him. Golden eyes surveyed for any around, pausing on a figure that seemed to be resting against a tree. There was something ethereal about the figure, something that reminded him of the heavens.

Striding forward, he got close enough to see her, or at least he thought she was a mare. There was the typical scent from her, but yet not the same as any that he had scented before. Her hues were rich and galactic, almost like she had been plucked from the skies. His ebony ear flicked back as he tilted his head.

"Are you ok?" He asked her softly, not wanting to startle her. His head was lowered so that it was closer to her level. What was with all of these mares being so much shorter than he? The fact that he was some ridiculous beast of muscle and bone was something that he was ignoring as he found the amusement that he had found yet another little mare to speak to.

"Speaking"
@Veil Nebula
Notes: ---

CREDIT to Miss Sparkle (offsite)

Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
The sun seemed brighter than normal.

Once upon a time she would have twinkled and laughed with the star, able to read it's hues like it told a story to her - communication in their own way. Mars no longer shown bright to her in moments of Strife, the waxing of the moon whisper her secrets, the sun never shone for her success. No . . . they all did that, she was just no longer in tune to it. After her descent from the universe, the heavens had gone silent to her. They had shut their downs, silencing her out of the their private conversations, and it was another reminder that she was alone.

A mare, streaked by gold.

No, not alone. Not anymore. She had the mare of the soil, streaked with veins of Gold, as if she'd been mined from the earth (and Veil often wondered if she might have been). She, whose noise, for she had given Veil HER sound, was one of a singing bird that melded into a soft brook. Who filled her with compassion and understanding, and warmth as if the sun had reached out to her again. It was a relief, it was a comfort, it was a friendship that Veil clung to with no hesitation. That mare of gold (both on her body and in her heart) had given more to Veil, then Veil was able to properly explain - that she may never be able to explain.

Yet she was grateful to her.

A sudden shift in the air, ozone and radiation had the mare suddenly drawing up short, her attention turning elsewhere as she scented the air, tasting it even. Surely it was her imagination - no . . it was increasing in strength. Solar radiation, the very power behind a yellow dwarf star. Veil turned towards it, the feeling of another star, noting that it lacked any taste of hydrogen, of nuclear fission as it ate through the hydrogen in it . . . A star, but not? Her gaze fell onto the source of the radiation, and she pulled up short.

He reminded her of the gold-veined one.

Like her, he was dark in hue, though much darker, with gold as an accent. However, where her friend was of the earth - he was of the sky and sun, dual wings and reeking of radiation. Veil stood still as she watched him land, her body leaning beneath the tree, galactic dust bleeding down her neck, swirling around her hooves, as her own wings shifted, feathers sliding against each other, before settling smoothly. Why was he of ozone, and sunlight? Solar radiation that she could pick up and feel even from such a distance. Yet, he was not a star. He had none of the other tells.

He seemed to notice her then approaching.

Noise left his muzzle, sounds dripping with concern, compassion. He was large too - all aspects that reminded her of her friend. Would be be as friendly, as understanding to the lonesome and frail young star. She didn't understand his words, her head tilting to the side after a moment, forelock twirling down the side of her cheek, briefly exposing a flash of the white shape upon her forehead, before she offered a shy, an awkward smil towards the male.

She stepped forward, out of the shade.

Her muzzle was twisting down, curious but uncertain as she sniffed the air around him before the frown deepened, looking from him and then to the sun, trying to understand the connection between the two, how he could have the characteristics with out the rest of the aspects. Not a star, but borrowing its energy perhaps? No, not energy - that would still require residue of the fusion . . . this was a borrowing of radiation.

But why?

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: Baby is confused.

Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol watched the creature as she reacted to his appearance. There was something different about her, something alien. At the same time, she wasnt the alien like his dearest friend. Bel was the essence of an alien, she and her little sister. That being said, this creature had a new brand of otherworldly grace and presence to her.

She didnt answer him, not in the traditional sense. He could see the confusion on her face, her head tilting as she tried to understand. Did she come from somewhere with a different language? Could she speak at all? As she stepped into the sunlight, his eyes widened at her celestial form, the spattering of what appeared to be stars on her pelt. Her mane that was not a mane. She was striking and unusual... Something he had never seen before.

"Salvete?" He tried again, this time saying hello in Latin. He had heard that Latin was the base language, so why not try it. Not that he knew more than a few words in the ancient language.

"I am Sol... Can I help you?" He introduced himself, offering her any assistance that she could need. The curious confusion on her features was tugging at him, making him wonder what he could do.

"Speaking"
@Veil Nebula
Notes: Poor boy has no idea what to do XD

Vagabond Monk

V e i l N e b u l a
She was starting to get used to be watched.

She knew she was different, knew it from the moment she landed, from the first breath she took, and the pain it caused, when others went about their life it was no change. When she walked with difficulty - struggling against the sudden gravity - and the others moved smoothly as if dancing through the air. She stood out with her galactic aspects, they were of the earth with hardness and strength. So much strength. Everyone she had met so far, had a strength of their own, though her new best friend, the mare who was already helping her considerably seemed to be filled with her own energy and power, and strength, a warmth a bundle of wonderful aspects, that acted as if there was nothing that she would let hurt Veil. She would stand by her side, and in that, she was beginning to feel like she wasn't alone so much anymore.

With her dearest new friend, she felt safe.

Perhaps that was why she didn't seem to be bothered by this arrival of another, her gaze watching, curious but gentle as the other watched her. He was different from her first friend, large, thicker, as if he were here to challenge the very earth to bow before his powerfully large hooves and massive wings. Next to him, the star felt smaller, a blip on a solar radar - a small star hidden behind the vastness of another. He had a way of commanding attention, and she couldn't help but obey.

She gave that attention.

But it didn't help her understand him, his words making no more sense than any others. She tilted her head, silent, wondering what he was saying as she stepped out of the shade. And then his eyes widened, she watched the reaction of him taking in the oddness of her celestial design, the nebula colors that shone through in so many aspects of her being - a star in a horse's body, crafted from the very particles of her nebula. He made another noise, this one sounding older than the last, but no less familiar. Another language she hadn't understood, another language she hadn't needed before. But then, he gave sounds she did recognize.

The introduction sound!

And like her friend, his was followed by a distinct noise, short and crisp like a cool drink of water. Short but strong, and she smiled brightly, dipping her own head in a silent greeting, though she didn't bother to try to explain who she was. There were no stars to point to, well, there was one, but she doubted he'd understand. Instead, she tilted her head when he made more noises, and a sense of concern filled her, as if his words expressed concern for her.

She seemed to pause, silent, not sure.

And then she shook her head. Not to his question, but the concern she felt. She didn't need concern. She was lonely and missing the skies, yes, but she wasn't in a bad state . . . just homesick. And unless he could get rid of gravity, he couldn't help her, even if he had somehow borrowed a star's radiation. She glanced back towards him, curious, before she used her muzzle, pointing to him, and then up towards the sun, her muzzle twisting in a confused, but curious expression - wanting to know why he seemed to share traits with the star visible during the day.

What was that secret?

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: Baby is confused.

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol watched the creature as she tried to make sense of things. He had a feeling that there was much more to her story than many would learn. He watched her as she sorted through thoughts and gave him quizzical looks. When he introduced himself, he noticed that there was some type of recognition in her features.

Dipping his muzzle, he tapped his chest. "Sol." He said, tapping again. "I am Sol." He repeated, hoping she was starting to understand him.

Lifting his head, he gazed at her. Motioning with one wing, he tilted his head in question. Perhaps she would understand and give him something name wise. The curiosity in her features struck him again and he watched her look between him and the sun. Sol laughed softly.

"Magic..." Oh goodness... how did he explain his magic when she seemed to be unable to understand him?! That he was able to store the sun's radiation for later use... It was mind boggling and slightly frustrating to try to communicate with her.

"Speaking"
@Veil Nebula
Notes: XD Sol is struggling hard

Vagabond Monk

V e i l N e b u l a
This meeting wasn't so different from her friend.

Ironically, the similarities kept increasing. He watched her much like Jane did, although there was a certain level of frustration he had that Jane hadn't. Where he seemed to be filled with concern, frustration, uncertainty, Jane had been a fountain of patience, eager to assist and taking it slow. She'd seen deeper into Veil, realizing the young mare wasn't dim, just . . . unlearned, unsocialized, new to being among others. A lonely life now suddenly thrown into the mass of individuals.

She'd taken the time to make a few things clearer.

So when the stallion tapped his chest, repeated his name, she had to offer a faint smile of amusement, before her own tiara dipped, muzzle brushing her silent chest, eyes briefly closing at the reminder she was still different with the lack of a heart, but her words flowed, soft, ethereal, dream-like. A voice tinged with wisdom that spoke of a much older existence than the one as a horse, "I am The Veil Nebula." Her words were smooth, but there was an unfamiliarity in the speech patterns itself that spoke of how new she was to speaking, as if the fact she couldn't say anything else didn't escalate that fact. She opened her eyes, looking back towards the stallion, her head raising, as the galaxy dust settled over her back, down her limbs, twirling at her hooves, an ethereal star on earth.

She tilted her head when he made one of the bubbling noises.

His noise was deep, as it had been so far, richs in amusement as he seemed to understand her confusion. The following noise was unfamiliar, however, stated simply in a sound of reverence and ancient wisdom, as old as she herself. The sound repeated in her head, trying to tie it to anything she'd heard so far, but her muzzle dripped into a frown at the unfamiliarity. She could feel the frustration returning and knew there must be more to explain the oddness to the star of this system, but she couldn't begin to hope to understand. Where was Jane to translate when she needed her?!

She was going to need more lessons.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: Magic? Nope. No clue.

Dusk Court Blacksmith

The Veil Nebula... The words were like a dream as he listened and realized that she had named herself, or at least shared her name with him. "The Veil Nebula..." His words paused as he took a moment to gaze up at the sky. Was she saying that she was a celestial body? That made no sense. His mind refused to wrap around the idea. What he wouldnt give to be able to communicate with her more fully. The stallion had always been fascinated by the night sky, the constellations and stars that were unchanging, or so he thought.

"Are you telling me that you are the nebula? That you are not mortal?" He asked, not expecting her to understand his words as he thought aloud and wished for some sort of communication.

Hmm... Taking a breath, he drew in a bit more of the radiation in the atmosphere, causing his eyes, wings, and hooves to begin to glow slightly. What was the easiest way to explain this? "Sun.... Solar radiation..." He tried to explain as one of his four wings stretched to point to the glowing orb.

"Speaking"
@Veil Nebula
Notes: The struggle is real XD

Vagabond Monk

V e i l N e b u l a
Her name was repeated.

It brought a smile to her features, hearing the words repeated back. Her name, who she was, the being that existed beyond this mere form. A part of the universe, a star. And not the kind that merely meant someone well known. No, something much differently. His gaze went towards the sky, and her smile grew, purple galaxy eyes sparkling as she stayed quiet, watching the odd stallion. The stallion then made more noises, and she tilted her head, recognizing only the portion of her name. She wasn't sure what he was asking, so she took a gamble. Her muzzle lifted up, straight into the air, as galactic dust shed off her, as if she were part of a nightscape, rather than a being on this odd rock, The Veil Nebula." Her muzzle turned directly towards the spot in space where she'd once had been, before her nebula had condensed upon itself. She hesitated, before turning back to the stallion, uncertain how else to respond, even as the star in her chest seemed to hum.

All of a sudden there was an influx of nuclear energy, she'd know the feeling anywhere. The male began to glow, and Veil looked towards him curiously as he spoke, sounds unfamiliar, before he pointed up, to the sky, to the star above, and instantly her eyes widened as she started to understand what he meant. He was of the star, of . . . of . . . the memory was distant, a set of melodic chords, the sun herself, back when she (Veil) was part of the galaxy, the universe, when she shared that wavelength. It struck another cord however, and a new word fell from her muzzle, Star!" She basked calmly in the energy he was radiating, even as she moved closer, sniffing at the power curiously, a similar power within her own chest, She smiled brightly, touching her muzzle to her chest, feeling the thrum of nuclear energy that fed this body, would feed it until her time as a planetary nebula came to an end, Star." She paused, trying to remember the sounds he'd made, wondering if it was the same as what she was . . . But, no, it felt different still. His was tainted, borrowed. Hers was her own, her own radiation, her own galactic dust, where he was solar, she was nuclear, she was more. She was the star, he was just Solis's carrier.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: She's like 'Star!' and then all 'no, borrower.'

Dusk Court Blacksmith

She couldnt possibly mean.. Was she really? Could the being before him truly be the nebula? The Veil Nebula?? Gazing at her, he finally noticed the trails of what he thought initially was water vapor. Was it really solar dust? The idea alone seemed to boggle the big stallion's mind and he had to pause and just stare at her for a moment.

"Sorry... I didnt mean to stare." He apologized, dropping his gaze for a moment before dipping his head into a bow. "It is an honor to meet you." Sol said, his voice filled with awe. She probably wouldnt understand his words, but that lack of understanding suddenly made more sense. What language did a star, or nebula in this case, actually speak anyway?

Sol shook his head as she labeled him a star. "No... not star. Sun blessed." He tried to explain, finding that he liked the idea of being blessed by the sun itself. It was almost as good as being blessed by Oriens.

"Speaking"
@Veil Nebula
Notes: <3

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »