Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Missing you, while I was asleep

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite

"Just give me the world and I will give it back to you
Just tell me it hurts and I will fix it for you"
Her eyes drowsily blinked open, and for the first time in a few seasons she was more aware of the world around her. The ley lines hummed, filling her with energy, embracing her like a long lost friend, and she finally understood why they had treated her so, but it mattered little for her. Past lives, connected to a world she couldn't reach any more, who cared who she was once - she was still Cally now. The lines still tugged, pulled, wanting her attention and she sighed as she shifted from where she was wrapped in them, and then like the fluidity of magic, her magic, she materialized on the earthly plane, leaving the energy of the lines behind to once more return to soil. She faltered for a moment, the oddity of being back on land foreign and unfamiliar after being trapped in a state of energy while she was forced to go through the proper connection of regaining her magic. The memories it had unlocked.

She shifted, stretching out unused joints. Around her, grasses snuggled up to her limbs, the trees seemed to bend towards her in greeting, subtle bowing of their branches as the former druid deer turned earthen guardian hybrid rejoined the land. She smiled as whispers of what had happened in her absence filled her being. Stories of kings stepping down, islands sinking (this caused a touch of distress in the tiny doe) and then the whisper she was most curious about. That raven-shift stallion has returned. Coy had left? And returned? Instantly there was an eagerness in her being. To see him, to find him, and as if answering that call, the trees whispered suggestions, where they had heard of him being last. She followed those words, tiny hooves prancing as she worked out the remaining stiffness of being part of the lines for so long - once more becoming intuned with an actual body again.

She was curious of where the male was, however, and an odd pang in her heart reminding her of how much she had missed him. How much she was hoping to see him again. He'd always had a habit of turning up when she least expected it, always seemed to have the ability to locate her. Was that why the whispers were of him meeting up with others, re-establishing connections? He knew she wouldn't be found yet? What odd connection would they have to have or that to be the way it was? She didn't know, even as her limbs carried her closer to where she would find him. Or would he find her first? All she knew was that sense of reunion was swallowing her up, and she couldn't wait to see him again.

When had she grown this fond of him?

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Huehuecoyotl

Artwork ©LupinHallow

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 91 — Threads: 10
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

being fabulous is the absolute best revenge

The sight of the tiny figure surged through him and made the stallion pause. There was something different about her, but she had just unlocked her magic last time that they had been together. Striding forward, he found his heart swelling and his movements increasing in speed without thought.

"Cally?" He murmured, vivid blue eyes taking in her form and looking her over as he approached. Shaking his head, he moved to face her and beamed at the face that made him smile. The face of the doe that had won his heart so fully. There was a huge part of him that wanted to drag her up to the top of the mountain to make their relationship official... though at the same time, he wasnt sure exactly what their relationship was at this point.

"I missed you... More than you could know. It felt like a part of me was missing." He murmured as he dipped his head toward her small frame. Emotions were swelling around his heart and he had to give himself a moment to catch his composure once again.

@Callynite
"Coy Sass"
credits

Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite

"Just give me the world and I will give it back to you
Just tell me it hurts and I will fix it for you"
The little doe felt the shift in the air, her magic seeming to shift and glitter visibly as a familiar pulse of energy in the leylines alerted her of another's approach. Her smile was instant as she followed the energy as it approached her, her own magic letting her be aware, a shimmer of greenery in her eyes - her conscious slipping into the natural flow. She pulled her attention up as she looked towards him, his voice murmuring her name and she nodded once, her smile gentle, "Hello, Huehuecoyotl. Miss me?" Her tone was playful, but soft, betraying the fact she'd missed him to. His own muzzle split into a smile that was as bright as the sun and at his words, her heart felt a soft flutter before she squashed those girly thoughts deep down where the weakness of them wouldn't be so obvious and in the face. Instead she brushed her muzzle against his neck, snorting softly, "That sounds awfully sappy, Coyotl . . . how appropriate for you."

Of course, there was an exasperated fondness even as she took a step closer, her shoulder pressing against him and she nuzzled against him, her voice going quieter, a touch of meekness not usually associated with her, "I . . . I missed you to. It was . . . odd . . . not having you near. Even when I awoke." She admitted, before looking up at him, her eyes swirling with a spoken she wasn't willing to put into words, in either her mind or from her mouth, "It's . . . not the same, when . . . you're not near. I guess, I've grown accustomed to your constant bothersome attention." She added, her words teasing to help further hide the truth of just how much she's grown used to having him around. Why she continued to obscure these truths, she couldn't even begin to guess, she knew he'd read her like a book - he had a habit of that. Instead she playfully tugged on a lock of his mane, gently mouthing it in play, "What have you been up to . . . while I was, uh, asleep?" There was a slight flutter of energy across her spine, the magic seeming to laugh at the idea of her being merely 'asleep' at that time.

The memories that had been unlocked in her mind rose for a moment, the time of when the goddess walked the land, and it yielded to her steps. Even now some of that magic flowed through her, unmitigated by her own control - the natural yield of the earth to what it recognized was once a powerful being of another realm who gave her all to the land. And in that period, she had. She'd given her entire being to try and fight a darkness that would eventually become the enemy of her former home. She didn't let those memories dwell, instead, taking the knowledge of magic it offered so she could grow in her own strength. The magic was definitely more welcome to her now, even as she stood still flowers were blooming up from around her hooves, pushing through the dead and gone fall foliage, through the spattering of first snow, and blooming like it was spring, flowers brushing her limbs with the eagerness to get her attention.

She paid them, the world around her little mind. It was hard to focus on anything but the stallion, just as now, it took all her self control to back up a step, to lose the touch she eagerly embraced, motioning for him to walk with her instead, "So, tell me the, anything interesting happen while I was away? I hear you yourself went on a mini-sort of adventure?" She asked, not only eager for the knowledge of what adventures he may have been on -but happily contributing to a conversation that would keep her in his company for the next many hours, at least.

When had the idea of saying goodbye become so hard as well?

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Huehuecoyotl

Artwork ©LupinHallow

Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

Her touch was a heavenly caress as he felt like his heart was about to burst. She was something special in the world. A being that was goddess blessed and sent to make him become the better stallion that he was slowly becoming. The stallion that was not as obnoxious and overbearing. The stallion that was more honest, more warm.

"Coyotl, huh... That is a new one from you, Cally." He murmured, his muzzle caressing her back as he felt his heart swell. More proof to himself that he was exactly where he was supposed to be. That his wandering was not something that was forever. Perhaps even that it was nearly time for him to leave being a vagabond. The idea of belonging was one that made him pause.

"It was nearly painful to be that far from you. You are the reason that I breathe. The reason that I have the will to become better. The reason that I am not as annoying now." He said softly, his eyes trained on the doe beside him.

"I wanted to learn more about the magic that awoke in my blood. To see if I could master the shift. I noticed that I have a harder time holding the shift when I am in Novus than I did when I was out of the realm. I was able to hold the shift for longer and have less fatigue after using the magic. But I found that being away was not nearly as pleasurable as being here with you. Being with you is being home." He answered her query, barely withholding the words that wanted to escape his maw.

@Callynite
"Coy Sass"
credits

Dawn Court Sovereign

let me stay where the wind will whisper to me
where the raindrops, as they're falling, tell a story
Callynite

in my field of paper flowers, and candy clouds of lullaby
i lie inside myself for hours and watch my purple sky fly over me

The little mare smiled softly, it was hard not to, as she came into his company, the scent that was uniquely him swirling around her. The comfort and sense of safety seemed to drape over her like a shawl when she was in his company. The reassuring presence that nothing could go wrong, as long as he was nearby. Not that she would let such foolish, girly comments rile up the inner-most workings of her mind. Instead, she settled these thoughts, instead, with the reassuring trust that they were sharing company once more, and for as long as they would like. There was no time limit on his company. She laughed at his words, the glittery aura upon her pelt seeming to dance in tune with her merriment - happy that she was happy. She smiled at his touch, even as she rolled her eyes in play, "It's a more unique nickname don't you think. And your full name can be such a mouthful at times, not that I don't like the way it sounds. But Coy is overused. Coyotl fits you." She teased, even as she playfully tugged on a strand of his mane near the base of his neck.

Of course, he was always the more vocal of the two of them, quicker to shower her with flirty words, that rang honest despite their happiness, and as usual, Cally could feel the embarrassment and surprise at them. The desire to duck her head, to scoff to hide the blush. The fight never real, always a front for the way he could make her heart pitter-patter, or cause butterflies to spur to life in her belly. "You are always the one for words, aren't you Huehuecoyotl." She murmured with a shake of her head, even as she struggled, unsuccessfully, to keep the smile from her face. "You're quite adept at flattery." She turned towards him, head tilting at his final words, and she smiled gently, brushing her muzzle between the strands of his mane, playfully tugging on a few, "You've never really been annoying. Perhaps over the top at times, far vainer than I, but never, ever, annoying. Not really." She admitted gently.

She tilted her head, curious when he spoke about where he had been, her expression curious about his desire to master his ability to shift forms. She was curious about why it was easier for him to maintain the magic when he was away from Novus, however, "Why would using the magic be easier outside of Novus? Novus seems to play a part in shifting, shaping the magic. Or perhaps, the gods change and shape the magic we are gifted with? I know my powers are not the same as before, this ability is not the same as the land I came from. It was changed by this world."  She did pause, her muzzle still open at his next words, turning to look at him with a touch of surprise, even as the blush stole rights across her face once more. "I guess it's a good thing we mutual prefer one another's company then, isn't it?" Why did the lovey-dovey stuff have to make her such an awkward fawn?

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Huehuecoyotl

Artwork ©Bingo

Dawn Court Apothecary

Coy found himself snorting at his usual nickname being overused. "Coy is likely easier to most than Huehuecoyotl. The joys of an ancient name that is rarely heard, if ever." He laughed as she tugged his mane and his felt his heart swell with joy. Without thought, he reached down to ruffle her own mane. The scintillating scent that was purely Cally swept through him and filled him with calm and excitement all together.

A grin softened his features as he listened to her. "Sometimes sweet words and flattery can go a long way in expressing thoughts, feelings... love..." His words were murmured as his cyan eyes lingered on her face. "I am thankful that you do not find me annoying. I cannot argue the excess or vanity... But I will promise that my words and motions are nothing but honest as I express myself." He vowed, pressing his muzzle to her shoulder once again.

"I am unsure..." He frowned. "Perhaps it has something to do with being a vagabond. Being unconnected to any one particular god or goddess..." He tried to wrap his mind around the idea of changes and alignments of the deities of this land. He had not personally chosen to align with one. Had not been drawn to be part of a court and tied down. Though he also knew that if Cally asked, he would gladly join hers just to stay close to her.

"That would be a very good thing with the depths of emotions that seem to draw me close to you each time I catch your scent, see your beautiful form. The thought of not seeing you is painful..." He murmured, his voice silky as he gazed at the smaller creature.

@Callynite
"Coy Sass"
credits

Dawn Court Sovereign

Callynite

The little doe laughed, smiling up at the larger stallion in amusement, "I like your name, Huehuecoyotol - it's fun to say. Different. Original. Kinda like you. And nothing wrong with ancient names - at least I don't think so. Sometimes the ancient times need to be remembered anyway." A brief memory flashed to her mind, her in a different form, a flowing white drapery gown. Flowers adorning her crown as the earth yielded to it's goddess, it's mother. Yes, nothing wrong with the ancients, indeed. His muzzled dipped then, ruffling her mane. She laughed in response, dancing away as she tried to get her hair to lay flat again, even as she returned his grin.

Her face warmed at his words though, "Sweet words and flattery can be easily over used, though. And sometimes they can seem more forced than sincere modesty, and actions. It's easy to lose the honesty when in the face of putting on a front for the public, when attention forces the words and flattery." Her face had softened almost sadly - knowing that had been the very façade her parents had worn. Sweet words and loving touches in public when under scrutiny - but fighting and brutal words behind closed doors. Eventually her dam had ran the buck off. But she knew in her heart that this wasn't the type of male her stallion was . . . "Not that I'm saying you would do that . . . just . . . it doesn't always mean the same." She added, before he could assume wrong.

It was true that she didn't find him annoying though. Fun to tease, yes. Very vain, absolutely. But annoying - never, "I'm fairly certain you are the definition of vain at this point, Coyotl." She laughed, teasing him with a warm smile. The pressure of his muzzle to her shoulder had her nuzzling him back, "I know you're sincerity, you don't need to promise me such matters. I've come to see that in you already."

She did perk up at the talk of magic, and his lack of a connection to any one particular god or goddess. She had a connection to the God Oriens thanks to her connection to the Dawn Court, but she supposed her strongest connection must be with herself, if she could count it. She was, technically, a goddess in a past life. Not the goddess of this land, but a nature goddess none-the-less. It made her wonder what the male would do if he knew he had a stronger, closer connection to a goddess already. "It is a curious matter, but it would make sense if it were due to being a Vagabond. I wonder if other Vagabonds experience the same thing."

It also made her wonder if her power would dim if she left Novus - and that thought terrified her. His next words threw those thoughts from her mind, though, and her face was suddenly buried in his mane, carefully angling her head, so her horn rested against his skin, parting his hair rather than his flesh. Her embarrassment was clear though, "Huehuecoyotl - stooooop. You're embarrassing me!" She mumbled against his skin, even as she stepped closer, resting her small form against his side. Her eyes closed slightly, as she relaxed against him, "I suppose you'll just have to stay close, and see me often, won't you?" She added quietly, from beneath the shroud of his mane.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Huehuecoyotl

Artwork ©Bingo

Dawn Court Apothecary

Coy laughed as she spoke, amused by the idea of the ancient times needing to be remembered. Heaven knew that he didnt. "Original is not always fun, though it can be a boon when the occasion calls for said originality." He stated simply, eyes dancing as he watched her attempt to straighten her mane back out again.

Coy watched her as she spoke, wondering what memories haunted her eyes as she thought. There was sorrow in her voice, though not enough that many would catch it. "Perhaps honesty, and professions of adoration are better between us... I love you, Cally." He murmured, wishing he could wipe away whatever nightmares were plaguing her thoughts.

The stallion snorted as he shook his head. "But is it vanity if one knows that he is gorgeous?" He teased back. Her nuzzles and random displays of affection were intoxicating as he returned them, making him realize how much he did truly care for the little doe.

The stud nodded as she started speaking about Vagabonds and their relationship to magic. "I am not certain, but it could be interesting to see what others might say... I can only speak for myself. I dont know if I have met other magic users beside you, my love." He laughed softly as he answered her.

Her reaction to his compliment made him snort and he was glad that he trusted her to not stab him again. His muzzle dipped to rest on her back, the scent of her warming his nares. "I will gladly stay close, escort you to where you want to go. I will even stay with you always should you desire it. Did you have plans for the day? I will gladly go with you." He responded, lifting his head again and looking down at the doe.

@Callynite
Notes: Figured we should work on finishing this one up as well xD
"Coy Sass"
credits

Dawn Court Sovereign

Callynite

The doe playfully rolled her eyes at him, "Well, I like original. And I like Huehuecoyotl, so deal with it." She teased, grinning at him. His next words did surprise her first by the soft words, next by his actual words, but she smiled regardless, as she looked up at him, "Honesty is always better . . . But, how can you be so sure you love me. Perhaps my horn did more damage to you, when I stabbed you on our first meeting. Or perhaps your brain is addled, and you've gone crazy from shifting into a Raven. I'm dangerous, remember; deadly horn and what not." She teased.

But it didn't stop her from moving closer, from brushing her muzzle against his shoulder, her side brushing his. She hated this about their height difference. The limits to where she could touch him. Wondering what others might see when they saw them together. Did it look like a father and his plain foal? Did they whisper mockingly when neither could hear? Could he really love her forever when they weren't suited for each other in these forms. It made her miss her deer form all the more.

Her original form, when she'd have been able to stand at his side. When all he'd have to worry about would be small set of antlers, not a sharp, pointy think. When she'd been poised, graceful, elegant . . . herself. "Would you still love me, even if I wasn't me?" She asked, her voice soft, distant, her gaze not focused, in the past. She shook her head when he spoke, his teasing words bringing her back, and she smiled, "Yes, it's still vanity, no matter who is aware you're a striking beast." She teased, letting him keep her grounded in the present.

She smiled softly when he admitted to not knowing much about magic users, about how that magic is connected, and she shrugged, "My magic now is different from what it was before I came to Novus as well, but I think that has more to do with being in a different world, than gods. But it is curious." She agreed, before he'd gone to embarrassing her again, even as she visibly relaxed at his touch to her back. She turned her head, looking at him when he spoke, and her gaze glinted playfully, nuzzling her cheek against his while his face was in reach, tugging on his forelock with play. She briefly pressed her nose against his before he lifted his head, grinning back at him.

"Nothing too much planned. Figured, I'd have to find a handsome stallion to keep me company for the day though, so consider your day planned around that." She replied with a wink, before nudging him as she moved to walk past him, "Let's start with heading to the beach though? It'll be a nice place to enjoy a few hours, no?" She suggested, heading in that direction, knowing he'd catch up with her. He always did.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Huehuecoyotl
More or less done now. Just one closer from ya
Artwork ©Bingo

Dawn Court Apothecary

Coy laughed at the teasing, shaking his head and giving in. "As long as you like it, I can accept it." He remarked before snorting. "Ah yes... my own personal femme fatale. I think I will take my chances. Perhaps your horn is like that of cupid's arrow. I was doomed from the start to fall madly in love with the little doe." He teased back, basking in her affection.

"Cally... no matter how you look, you will always be you. And I love you for the beautiful mind and sharp wit. For the heart of gold that you keep carefully protected from the outside world. I love you, for you." Coy murmured as he watched her shake her head.

"I will plead simple honesty rather than vanity." He winked at the little doe, loving that she was playful and not pushing away his words as he admitted his feelings for her. As he told her exactly what he had been wanting to say. What he had realized so sharply as he had been away from Novus.

He let her words regarding magic go unanswered as he chuckled at her plans for the day. "My love... I dont think you will find a better stallion to keep you company." He replied as he followed the little doe. Never had he had another that could tug his heart and have him follow like a puppy. But he loved that time with the little doe. "The beach sounds perfect." He replied, following her toward their direction with a smile on his face.

@Callynite
Notes: And complete <3
"Coy Sass"
credits