Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - we aren't gonna live forever, Israfel

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dashin [PM] Posts: 1 — Threads: 1
Signos: 230
Inactive Character

Solterra had had markets of its own, of course, but there really is no comparison to those of Denocte, any more than there is between the Day and Night Courts themselves. I'll admit that it has played a small part in my decision to leave Solterra upon my mother's death; there was little to hold me there, anymore, and I'd always had a certain wary curiosity about the other courts that I'd never had the ability--or the compunction--to pursue the slowly budding desire to explore the rest of the world outside the not-so-serene walls of Solterra. Things were…better now, of course, but the impact of a turbulent childhood made it hard to truly trust in the quiet. Like the calm before a storm, I would think to myself on the more restless nights.

Several days have passed since crossing over the border between Solterra and Denocte--almost a week, I'm surprised to realize. I'd spent much of the past several days simply exploring, getting my bearings as best I can, but eventually even that has to come to an end. Though it is no hardship to find myself in the Night Markets, getting a more intimate feel for the place that I expect to spend more time than most. It is past evening now, the sun long disappeared below the horizon, and yet the Markets themselves are still buzzing with activity. It's refreshing to see not because the Day Court was any different, but because they're so similar at their core. So far, Denocte doesn't quite live up to the dastardly reputation I'd grown up listening to.

The Markets bustle, the energy coming not only from equine bodies. I'd been somewhat startled by the pygmie dragons when I'd first caught sight of them, though the unease had been lessened somewhat when a merchant had seemingly caught sight of my nervous expression and, with a laugh, explained.

"Ah, yer new, yes? Them's Caligo's Pygmies. They won't hurtcha--'less you count stealin' your shinies as hurt." The stallion nods his head at my bangles. I nod my own head in thanks before moving of, stride a little looser now that I'm not quite as worried about my new passenger despite the faint prodding of tiny claws I can feel against my hide every time the little creature shifts upon my back.

Slowly now, new companion in tow, I continue to wander, not having any particular destination in mind; it isn't so much intent that guides me as it is interest and curiosity. Things I haven't found reason to feel in such a long time. It is refreshing, and strangely exhilarating, and I can't help but let out the gentle curve to my mouth that's been fighting its steady way to the surface almost since I'd stepped foot in the Markets.

Maerose
@Israfel
dashin || base credit