Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Healing Lessons

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 15
Signos: 0
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: Body-Water Manipulation  |    Bonded: N/A

Pol frowned as she listened to her mentor. It hurt her heart to hear that the mare was feeling ill and not taking anything that would help. "While I can understand the thought behind it, not treating yourself could end up harming others. What if you were to ill to see an emergency patient? While our hearts are for those that we help, we also need to remember to help ourselves." She shook her head gently and then gazed at the mare. "What has been helping? When you actually take something... That way I can make sure to try to get as much as I can so you can treat yourself as well as the rest." The younger mare knew she shouldnt push... this was her first day in the clinic with her new mentor after all... but she hated that she hadnt been taking proper care of herself.

"It wasnt easy, and I know I made some mistakes in the realm of trying to help... but it pushed me to learn more." The young mare admitted as she watched what Lu was doing.

The day of work was busy, but Pol thrived under the constant work. She loved to be immersed in her work and helping others. Probably a part of why she wanted to help Lu as well. When the older mare finally closed the door, Pol stopped moving and just allowed herself to breathe.

"Busy is not always bad. It makes me feel like I am really accomplishing something and helping others when there are a bunch of them that come through. I learned much through the day, and am so thankful you offered to teach me more." She answered honestly, though she was still waiting to see if she could help Lu more than just as a hand in the clinic. She wanted the elder healer to be healthier at the very least, and found that she looked up to the other mare as if she was an aunt or even a mother figure for her.

"Speaking"
@Luvena
Notes: ---

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Luvena

She knew that, but it was a double edged sword. “And what if they were to come in, and I’ve just taken what they need to be treated with. There is no winning.” She shook her head, more to herself than Pol. “Feverfew is usually a good bet. Poppyseed…” 

“As harsh as it is to say… Often the best healers are the ones who are forced to learn.” She had had to learn for herself. And later, after the forest fire. 

She didn’t usually mind the hustle and bustle of running the clinic. But through the winter it was exhausting. Words couldn’t describe how much of a relief it had been to have an extra set of hooves in the clinic for a day.  SHe did brighten slightly hearing that Pol had enjoyed it. “Oh. and before I forget”  

She turned to grab a small drawstring bag from the end of the bench. “Payment for today. You’ve certainly earned it” she floated the pouch out towards Polar North. “You’ll come back again?” she asked. It wasn’t just the extra set of hooves. It was nice to have company, that wasn’t just patients in and out every few minutes. And truthfully, the younger mare reminded her of herself, back when Herstial had been bright, and lively. “Not to usher you out so quickly, but quite frankly, I’m a little worn out” she smiled gently, gesturing to the door. 

(Good place to finish up?)
@”Polar North”
Table © Camy

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 15
Signos: 0
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 8 — Atk: 12 — Exp: 33  |    Active Magic: Body-Water Manipulation  |    Bonded: N/A

Look Forward... Trust Yourself... Find Peace

Pol dipped her head, sighing softly. "I do understand that. It was part of my question as to what to bring extra if I can get my hooves on it. If I can have enough that you can take some as well as having enough for your patients, I would be thrilled to help." She said softly, wondering if she had overstepped. 

She nodded again as she listened to her mentor. "Learning out of necessity is a definite way to learn quickly and even learn methods that others might not think of. I used salt water to clean wounds… much to the bull’s displeasure at times. But the injuries stayed clean and healed nicely." She admitted softly.

There was a breathe that came when the clinic closed and Pol found that she had truly enjoyed the rush of work. "You didn’t need to pay me. I am honored to have the chance to learn and get my hooves dirty, so to speak. I will definitely be back to help, and I will bring anything I can get for medicine." She answered, smiling as she gathered her things. "Please, get some rest. I will be back and will do my best to help with stores." She said warmly, heading to the door.

The aquatic mare paused on the other side, feeling heartbreak loom. She wanted nothing more than to help Lu, but she wasn’t sure what she could do. Trudging off toward her own home, a single tear escaped her solid hold on her emotions. She would not let Lu see her cry, not yet at least. But she also needed to work through the emotions that were clouding her mind at that point. Her home was a haven when she reached it, and she spent time working through the pain and frustration with organizing her personal stores and seeing what she could bring back.

"Speaking"
@Luvena
Notes: Closer on my end <3

CREDIT to Akatsukislilwolf (offsite)

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »