Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Crash Landing

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Emily [PM] Posts: 6 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Medic
Male [Him/His]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 11  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: Arwen (Hellhound)

brendan-by-sora5005-dd3aw1e-fullview

While one was returning, I was just arriving. My exit from the teal and black smoke that had swallowed me in Helovia had not been an easy one. I found myself tossed out and to the ground. I tumbled for a few moments before coming to a stop. My last memories are telling my family how much I love them and facing what I had thought was death alongside my father and cousin. Father's and my own companions had met the same fate. Wait, Arwen?! Frantically I stand upon the ground I had landed on looking for my bonded companion. Surely if I had been tossed out so had she, right? But no, Arwen was nowhere to be found nor could I feel her presence in my mind. I closed my eyes as they darkened with sadness. Everyone had been taken from me, and somehow death or well Kaos had sent me somewhere else. 

I open my eyes and begin to look around, curious about this new place I will be calling home. What choice do I have? Helovia is gone, that I know for sure. Kaos had made that very clear before the smoke had taken me away. All I can hope is that the rest of my family somehow made it away and were not forced to go into the portal to the Rift... Or if they had, that they had found a way out. I shake gently, trying to knock the dirt from my silver and ivory coat. Sapphire eyes look around and see nothing but trees, shrubs, and some grasses. The sun barely filters down through the treetops. No one seems to be around, but as my eyes adjust to the dimmer light I notice a few trails. Maybe if I follow these I will find someone.... Maybe even someone who can tell me where I am.

"Talking"

Brendan

ooc - bit rusty but here he is!

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 9 — Threads: 2
Signos: 330
Vagabond Battlemage
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 487 Winter]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 23  |    Active Magic: Arcane Weaponry & N/A  |    Bonded: Merlin (Wyvern)

TRISTAN

I'll come to thee by the moonlight,
though hell should bar the way

W
ith his home so far south in the mountains, Tristan had little reason to come back to this place. It held nothing but bitter memories from a time long passed, but not even the old stallion could ignore how beautiful the forests of Viride were. The trees and vegetation were lush with life given the hearty rains of spring, and not even the blistering heat of summer could sap this verdant wonder from this land.

Delumine had always been abundant with natural beauty… Perhaps that was why Sir Sophus had loved it so.

Yet despite the fact that he had little reason to return here, like clockwork Tristan inevitably always did. With his slate blue cloak and mantle settled into place around his shoulders, the hood down to reveal his face, and the Genesis blade at his hip, the sooty buckskin ambled through the thickets like a tourist in a dream. He felt so adamantly out of place, his old heart lurching as something seemed strangely different about these woods..

A greying ear tipped forward as he halted in his tracks to listen. The knight’s turquoise eyes scanned the area around him, seeing naught but trees and hearing nothing save the songs of birds overhead. Lips tilting downwards in a frown, he glanced to the right where Merlin ambled. The Wyvern was also at attention, eyes narrowed as he listened and scented the air, and with a flurry of movement did the black Wyvern leap from the mossy ground to rest upon Tristan’s broad back.

’I don’t like it,’ the Wyvern murmured mentally as he tucked his wings close to his smooth back, ’It… It smells like His magic.’

Immediately Tristan was on guard, the muscles in his body stiffening. His eyes burned hot with narrowed vehemence as he ducked his head, slowly beginning to pick his way through the forest once more with nimble yet quiet steps. The leisurely pace was gone, replaced now by one of a determined hunter.

Was there a chance that the Usurper’s magic remained, even over a hundred years later? It was impossible. He had patrolled these lands through it all, both with the Omnium and after the Order’s fall, through the Hundred Year Darkness that plagued Novus, and even now. There had been no signs of the Usurper’s foul magic before, it was impossible, and yet…

Yet…

Tristan pushed bodily through a dense collection of thickets and bramble, ignoring how it clung to his cloak and belts. The Knight stepped out into the small clearing and his eyes narrowed, the turquoise beginning to glow vibrant and hot as he mentally reached out for the sword at his hip yet refrained from drawing it. The Usurper was not there. The break in trees was empty, save for a crumpled ivory and silver form laying rather unceremoniously in the grass.

For a moment, Tristan thought they were dead simply because of how very wretchedly still they laid there in the grass… Yet it was only a single moment later that the figure hefted themself upright with notable caution and surveyed the land around them. Tristan rose a brow and took a step back, the burning hot glow from his eyes slowly fading to return to their normal turquoise.

The Usurper wasn’t there. Relief flooded the Knight like a crippling blow and he could feel his knees trembling, but he remained standing.

Clearing his throat, the old nag let out a rasping greeting.
“Are you hurt, friend?”

@Brendan

Played by Offline Emily [PM] Posts: 6 — Threads: 2
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Medic
Male [Him/His]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 11  |    Active Magic: N/A & N/A  |    Bonded: Arwen (Hellhound)

brendan-by-sora5005-dd3aw1e-fullview

“Are you hurt, friend?” I startle slightly. How had I been so distracted that I did not hear another approaching me? I turn to face the source of the voice, my still sapphire eyes taking in the sooty buckskin stag who seemed to be the one who had spoken. He seemed to look older than I am, with bright turquoise eyes. But I know that may not be the case as well. Looks can always be deceiving. How else had Kaos been able to fool us all after all? Fooled us all and look at what happened.... No, I have to move on from that. 'Brendan?' Okay.... No... I have to be imagining that. While I do not feel like part of my soul is missing, I also do not hold hope that Arwen survived the smoke as I have. Instead, I turn my full attention to the stallion who is waiting on my answer. "I don't seem to be hurt, just very confused. Where are we, exactly?" I did not waste time in pleasantries for now. There would be time for that later.

How far exactly was I from Helovia? Did Helovia even exist anymore, or had Kaos truly forced everyone to the Rift? My mind buzzed with so many questions. Yet in the back of my mind, I kept feeling this, almost nagging voice. The voice did not belong to me, but to my companion Arwen. I of course miss her, just as I miss the rest of my family. But surely she is dead like I was supposed to be and my family is trapped in the Rift if they even remain alive. 'Where are you?' There's that voice again. It can't be real. Can it?

"Talking"
"Arwen mind speech"

Brendan