Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Portal IC Event  - Looming Shadows

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Luvena

She walked on with him slowly, watching the bog around him. It wasn’t as unfathomably dark as she had thought, as she noticed more about it. Fireflies flicked around about them. And where the moon did filter down through the mangroves, it reflected off the murky water with surprising clarity. Every once in a while she caught the gaze of cervine eyes, and every time she could see more and more how much they were like them. 

She huffed out a laugh. “Too many to count,” she replied. “I only became a medic myself because I spent so much time with healers in and out of my own chambers. I’m sure my parents spent a fortune on them.” her voice drifted slightly, upon thinking what she had really cost her parents, her people. “I assure you I’m not going anywhere just yet” 

That was a lie. Partially. She had no way of knowing when she would. Probably in a year or two. It wasn’t as quick this time, last time had been like an overdue strike. What should have happened to her when she had Liatris, coming much later due to a single wish. But she felt some of the same signs, just much more slowly now, the way it always should have been. 

“Its not always a fun place to be” she murmured. “I had a taste of what its like to not be this way for a while.  Immortality. Though ironically it wasn’t forever. The gods who gave it to me failed to tell me that it was tied to that lands. So when that land went down… well.” 
She smiled. “For this journey at least” She continued to walk on with him, exploring. They’d make their way back to the portals eventually. But for now… well, it was nice to share an adventure.

(A good place to finish?) 
@Liam
Table © Camy

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

As they walked, the moon continued to shine down on them, though it could barely pierce the overhead layer of leaves from the trees. Fireflies flicked around, almost as if they were amused by the two new travelers, lingering for just a few seconds before darting off again. The water was murky, the mud nearly sucking their legs in, but Liam found himself enjoying his time there. The cervidae in the background kept its distance, and for that, Liam was thankful. He wasn't entirely sure on how he'd react to them if they approached; it was a strange-looking creature.

The huff of laughter caught his attention, and he craned his head a little to peer at the mare beside him. Listening to her brought upon a sense of relief, though he was still worried about her. "My mother, before she passed away, must have done the same for me. I was almost always sick, no matter the season. Winter, it seemed, was the worst of them all. There were a few times I was given my Last Rites," he recounted, flicking an ear backward as he remembered those days, remembered how Bucky had spent days laying next to him, hoping and praying he got better.

It was the first time that he had thought about those days. Before the serum, before the experimentation, before the life-changing scientific breakthrough that he had been part of. Now that he was the equine he was, no one except Bucky knew what he'd been like as a young colt. Part of him was relieved, but the other half of him balked at that. The struggles he'd experienced help mold and shape him into the horse he was today, into the very respectable soldier that he had always yearned to be from the day he was born.

"It's truly not," he agreed, pushing a small mangrove branch out of the way so that Luvena could pass without too much of a struggle. He joins her just a few moments later, ears flicking slightly. "I'm very sorry to hear that you lost your immortality. I was part of a genetic experiment when I was still young and frail and ever since there, I think I've stopped aging. Is that immortality at work? If so, it's a very curious thing," he admits gently, huffing a gentle chuckle as she continues to walk with him. "Let me know if you need to rest at any time."

They would make their way back to Novus eventually, but this was nice. It was his first adventure doing anything of this sort, and he found that he enjoyed it more than he'd expected to.

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; I'm good to end here! <3
Tag;; @Luvena 
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 443

I'm with you till the end of the line

Credits

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »