Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - |s|isters through |t|ime

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 30 — Threads: 11
Signos: 25
Dusk Court Merchant
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 502 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

A s t a
do you believe in reinarnation?
'cause i thought i saw your soul
There was a crispness to the air.

Spring had come while I was kept hidden away in my ivory tower, out of reach of the rest of the world. A pretty princess, to frail for the outside world, or so my parents would hope for. It was a stupid thought gifted to a pair of idiots, not that I was going to be insulting to my dear parents. But I was tired of the constant watching eyes. The maids that reported my movements to my parents. The housekeeper who kept tabs on me anytime I leave the room. The body guards who show up to lead me back inside if I'm in the gardens for too long. Constantly watched, constantly guided. My days planned for me, my steps watched, meals coordinated for me. Everything by someone else's design, never my own. 

Nothing was ever my choice!

Those annoying maids helped me get ready each morning, forcing my hair into ridiculous styles, jewelry shoved on me even when I tried to deny it. The chefs choose my meals. The body guards choose where I could go, and for how long. My tutors choose what I could study. And my parents? They. Choose. Every. Moment. I. Lived. Everything about my life was catered to their grand design. Was it any shock I tried to leave as often as I could? Could one fault me for wanting to escape, to be free. Don't think ill of me, though. I'm not some rich princess with daddy's money that wants to experience the high life outside these walls. No, I am something so much more than that. I'm a scholar. A Queen. A Warrior. A Hermit. A battle-worn maiden of war. A healer of foals. A gardener. A field laborer.

I am so much more than a pretty face.

You live as many lives as I have, you experience as much as I have, and you don't see the point of playing dress up doll for who ever wants to prod with you next. I don't want a sheltered life inside the dollhouse, I want to experience the world beyond those closed doors. But it required my stealth and cunning any time I needed to escape. And typically the cover of night. Damn guards watched too closely for what moves I make.

It is why I was waiting until so late tonight to make a move.

The moon was barely a crescent, hardly even offering any light, when I first ventured out, making my way quickly from Terrastella, the lands of Dusk, the same dusk that was 'blessed' upon my pelt by some 'goddess'. I'm not going to get into that, I don't really believe in the gods that much anyway. But escape was on the menu, and adventure was the main course, so I took towards Ruris, eager to see more of Novus. More than I normally would at least. The sun was rising before a destination would be firmly dreamed up within my mind however, and perhaps it was a foolish place to go, as well.

But I wanted to see the sea.

It had been a while since I'd been near one. I was a fisherman's wife roughly four life times ago. No, five? I lose count frequently, there has been a lot after all, but I hadn't seen a sea, an ocean, a large body of water really, since then. So of course I was going to make my way there. Salt was pitched into the air by crashing waves, and I followed that scent to my destination. When the sound of those very waves touched my ears, I cast off all pretense, and took off towards the beach, coming to a sliding stop that sent wet clumps of sand scattering. 

It was beautiful.

I'd forgotten about that raw beauty, it's what had led me to settle in at the village that fisherman had hailed from. I don't remember what that stallion looked like now, but I remember the simple life, and I remembered the clear blue of that ocean too. My hooves dug into the sand, as if to anchor me into place, and I'm not ashamed to admit to smiling slightly as I watched that sun rise over the caps of water, ears twitching forward. This beat looking out over the water from Terrastella, this was first place, up close. And with a sunrise too. It almost made up for the real shitty hand I had gotten for this life.

Almost.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Runaveig
Notes:: i'm experimenting with how to play her out. This was a little all over the place though - so sorry about that :(
flashing and dancing on the horizon
shades of jade and emerald

Artist Credit to Bingo