Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - Fly High and Touch the Sun

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

This flaming guardian could be your worst nightmare...

Sol snorted as he listened to her pouting. She got more self assured as she spoke and he chuckled even more. "At least you are learning wisdom to temper the desire to battle. That was the view my father took when training me. I have since learned that being able to battle without harm does not always mean that you are the strongest, merely the luckiest." He answered as he dipped his massive head.

"I am glad that you have learned as much. I would hate to see you wallow in such a slight injury and disappear from my side forever." He teased, pressing his warm muzzle to her neck.

Sol nodded as he flicked an ear back. "I will not offer... I find that I am not the greatest teacher when it comes to fighting. That being said, if you find that you need a sparring partner later, I would be honored." He spoke, chuckling along with her as they moved.

"If you are capable of sliding down a cliff face, than my wings are definitely not cheating! They are a means of saving oneself and making sure that said being will survive having a best friend that is sassy and ornery and willing to push you off of a cliff." He teased, shaking his head as he felt the bliss of her company wash over him.

The aura of the sun, for that is what his body was telling him it was that had hit him, faded from the area, leaving just the typical warm sunlight to wash over them. It took a few moments for him to be able to feel his limbs, to sense where his body was and what he was feeling. The heat that was rolling off of his frame, hotter than normal. Nearly too hot for him to be able to tolerate. Shaking his head, he focused on what Bel was saying.

"Glowing?" He asked, lifting his head and trying to find the glow that she spoke of. His wings seemed to be sparkling, glowing at the tips. His eyes saw the glow as beautiful and striking, something unique to him. Dipping his head, he glanced at his hooves to see that there was more than the glow from his flames brightening the soil. The soil where there had initially been snowfall. Flicking an ear, he turned his head back to Bel. "I suppose I am... This is interesting..." He mused, dry humor back in place as he felt himself settle into his own body.

Her hesitation hurt his heart as he watched her step closer slowly. How did he control the heat? Could he control it? Or would he forever be kept apart from her? The hiss of her touch made him jump backwards. "Bel... I cant... Please... I dont want to harm you." He murmured sorrowfully, golden eyes closed as he dipped his head.

"I can feel the heat now. It is like the sun's aura heated me from the inside when it touched me. Like my cells are filled with it and I dont know how to turn it off." Frustration raced through his mind as he opened his eyes and gazed at her. Taking another step backwards, he felt the emotions playing with whatever magic was now tingling in his blood. The flames at his hooves grew stronger, barely controlled by his magic. The effect on the flames drained some of the heat from his body, something that startled him. His magic settled as fatigue raced through him. The radiation was still there, but it was tolerable.

"I think... I hope... That I will be able to control this. I just need time. I dont want to hurt you. I wouldnt survive that." He murmured, motioning to the path that they had traversed to get up to the top. "Please. Go where it is safe. I will find you when I have had time to figure out how to control this." He words were pleading as he gazed at her. Sol hated to drive her away, but he also didnt want to risk her. His pleading gaze found her companion. "Keep her safe... Even from me. Please Yuki..." He murmured softly.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: Wrapping up time <3

CREDIT to Miss Sparkle (offsite)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
It took all of her self control not to fall into laughter at his snort. Still she couldn't not be determined for the future, her voice becoming more certain. She tilted her head when he spoke of her learning wisdom to temper the desire of battle, smiling at what she perceived to be a compliment, "Luck can only get you so far. Relying on it and counting for it is flirting with disaster, and I wouldn't advise to that anyway." Bel agreed, before her smile grew, her eyes brightening, "It's hard not to learn from the world around me. Here, it's another way of life - and to be honest I'm relieved that it's not so cut throat. So no need to worry that one minor scratch is going to send me away for eternity." She muzzled nudging him playfully.

She tilted her head when he admitted to not being a good teach, but the offer of a sparring partner was curious food for thought, "I'm definitely no where being to the point where I could use one, but I will definitely keep it in mind, no doubt!" She agreed, before their light conversation took a turn when he was struck by the aurora. Bel was immediately alarmed, more so when she spoke about glowing at he seemed surprised, before noting the glow to his wings, his hooves. How where snow previously was, there was no soil and evaporated water - the area around his hooves dry. Bel in her own caution stayed a step back, frowning, "Interesting? It's a touch alarming, Sol! You're not hurt right? You're sure you're otherwise okay?"

And yet she hesitated about approaching him, moving carefully forward as she fought through the heat to reach his side. Her vapors were already dropping considerably in temperature, until low, heavy ice cold droplets of water hung around her to counteract the height. His words had her scoff at him, "Oh hush, I'm fine. You've a high temperature, but you're not that hot. Besides, my water vapors are at a decent temperature to help keep me hydrated." She assured, dismissing his concern.

He spoke about the heat, that it was like the sun heating him from within, and his cells being filled with it. She frowned, worried about what kind of harm that might be doing, before noting that he took another step back, even as his hooves started to grow brighter, fire growing stronger, a controlled burn out that left his own source of new power lesser after bleeding some off. She nodded when he spoke of thinking he could control it, about to state that it was obvious he'd master it soon enough - she had faith. But then he spoke again. I just need time. She blinked, turning towards her friend, frowning more as he continued, motioning for her to step away.

She snorted roughly, eyes narrowing. "Don't be an idiot. I'm not going to hide away from you just because you think you're hotter than the sun now. I got news for you buddy, you're my friend, and I'm not abandoning anyone ever again. Don't ask me to do that Sol, it won't work. Not again. Never again." She snapped, her voice strong but sure, even though there was a touch of pain at being asked to leave him behind. Yuki however was more hesitant, eyeing the male who spoke to her to keep her bonded safe.

But Bel wasn't easy to direct, which is what led her to storming straight up to stallion, her tail swinging at low angle, and aiming to slap the flat of her fluke against his side with a huff of annoyance, "So I'm not going anywhere. Deal with it. You wouldn't hurt me even if you tried. You want time to figure it out, fine. But. I. am. not. abandoning you in the process. Besides, I don't know the way off this mountain anyway. So the least you can do is lead the way off. I'll even let you try to convince me why your starfish-brained plan of me avoiding you is a good idea while we had down. Idiot stallion." She wasn't going anywhere. SHe could give him space if he needed it, but she couldn't . . . wouldn't abandon him. Not leaving too many options but for him to say goodbye and fly off, she started down the trail off the mountain, moving slow enough to encourage him to catch up with her.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes::
Artist Credit to Bingo

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol shook his massive head as he laughed. "You had better hope that one minor cut will not send you away. I will find you and kick your butt back to the mortal realm." He teased as he nudged his best friend.

The glow was a bit disconcerting... but he felt normal now that his body had settled back to the earth and normal feelings. Perhaps a bit of sensory overload, but nothing ill or painful. "I dont think I am injured... Things are a bit intense sensory wise... but no pain or discomfort." He remarked, glowing golden eyes searching his frame for any injuries.

Sol frowned at the mare as she stepped to his side. "Damn it Bel. I dont want to harm you. You mean too much to me. If I did anything that hurt you... I wouldnt forgive myself." He murmured, afraid to touch her.

Her reaction to his stepping away brought a smile to his face, emotions warring in his heart. "Hotter than the sun, huh? I knew you found me attractive." He winked as he teased the smaller mare, though his heart was not wholly in his jest. He was still fighting the temperature that was warring with his system, feeling like it was going to cause him to ignite.

As she strode toward the trail down, he closed his eyes and sighed. "I didnt mean it that way, Bel. I just want you to be safe in case I do superheat... in case I ignite." He murmured as he followed at a safe enough distance. He had dodged the fluke that had been aimed at him, barely. He was sure she would have felt the increased heat even with a few inches to spare from touching him. Emotions were dancing through is head, thoughts that were a mixture of pain and worry. If he harmed her... The idea alone was nearly enough to drive him to his knees. He knew that she didnt love him. Not as he had once hoped. He was happy enough being her friend. But the idea of being the cause of pain for the mare was something he couldnt handle.

When they reached the bottom of the mountain, Sol trailing a few lengths behind Bel to keep her from overheating, the draft mix stallion stopped and watched her. "I think I am over the worst of the heat. This was a bit more of an adventure than I expected..." The glow was starting to soften, the heat that had caused him to feel feverish starting to evaporate as he calmed his emotions and allowed himself to breathe. Perhaps there was a connection between emotions and the burnout that had felt like it was about to swamp him.

"Why dont we call it a day? I want to head to the library to see if I can find any information on the strange aurora." He commented, golden eyes watching her as his emotions settled back down. He took a step closer, watching her vapors as he approached to tell him how she was handling the heat. The stallion was dying to embrace her, to reassure her that he would be fine. Yet he was terrified of the idea of giving himself hope that was unwarranted. Instead, he would allow her to make the choices and be happy as her friend. That was his decision, to let her set the tone of their relationship and the moves that they made. As soon as she left, he would take to the skies toward the library and some serious research.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: I think we can call this complete once Bel does final post <3

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
I don't care what they're going to say, let the storm rage on
the cold never bothered me anyway
Bel stared at the stallion with skeptism in her features, "Really, back to the mortal realm, huh? And tell me, how do you plan to follow me into the great beyond?" She asked, before smirking, "And what's your plan for getting yourself out of Hades' grasp?" She added with a laugh. Thought jolly attitude was hard to keep with the after math of his glowing eruption.

She listened as he explained there was a lot of sensry overload, but no pain, but the glow was very concerning to her. She was supposed to glow, sure, but her body was made for it. His glow was odd, different, unfamiliar and weird. It didn't make sense. His frown and words of caution were ignored however, "Oh, be quiet you. You're not going to harm me." She snorted, ignoring his concern, before rolling her eyes at his smile and teasing, "I said YOU think you're hotter than the sun, not me." She snorted, teasing back, if only to try and encourage the banter, less focus on his sudden conviction he was dangerous to be around.

Her tone did turn a lot more sour by his continued determination to get her to leave him be. his own sigh did little to soothe her anger, "I think you meant it quite that way, you just didn't think of what it would mean. If you were going to superheat, to ignite, you'd have done it the moment what ever it was entered you, not after it had had time to settle. So stop making excuses." She snapped with a huff. Dangerous, he was like a dolphin trying to pretend to be a shark! She rolled her eyes as she continued down the hill, even if most of the trek was in silence, and the stallion staying many lengths behind her. His words had her cut her gaze to him sharply, "A bit off an adventure, indeed."

Her response was short, having been allowed to stew the entire way down, and she turned towards him, with the cold vapors wafting over her skin, hanging like a dense cloud. She stared him down when he suggested they call it a day, and she shrugged with a snort, "Sure, why not, since you're planning on disappearing for a while anwyays." She grumbled lowly, hardly sparring him a glance at his approach, though he was likely to feel her cold anger by the icey cold aura surrounding her from the vapors. She was angry, and while she could understand a want to make sure others were okay, he'd taken it to a ridiculous level. So, instead she stared him down, "You're an idiot. Seaweed instead of brains. You seem to forget that I'm not a mere aquatic beast, but a creature whose very genetics are designed to regulate my own bodily temperature. You could be blazing, and my vapors would have have hit arctic temperatures after making sure to rehydrate me first. Don't be stupid again." She sighed, before frowning once more at him, "Understand?" Only then did she take a step forward, to bump her shoulder against his, showing that not even skin to skin contact would bother her, before tugging on his mane.

"Go study in the library then . . . I've got some studying of my own to do with Yuki, anyways." She finally said with another shake of her head, before turning around and heading back to her swamp without a backward glance, still fairly annoyed with the large male.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam
Notes:: She's .. . . a little irritated, but closing post for me done!
Artist Credit to Bingo

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Dusk Court Blacksmith

Sol snorted and shook his head. "I think I am too big for Hades to be able to hold." He laughed, lifting his head and standing proudly at full height. "That and I am more than willing to fight a god for my best friend." He finished with a grin.

Sol was hesitant to let her close, to risk harming her. Even as she brushed it off, he could not erase the nearly overwhelming fear that he would do something that could hurt or even kill her. It made him have to close his eyes tight to push the fear away. Opening his golden orbs, he shook his head. "I think you bringing it up means that you think it." He teased, though there was a hesitancy with his words and actions.

There was a drive to snap as he listened to her anger. He understood her side, though perhaps not the depth of her refusal to leave. At the same time, he had nearly killed the filly years before and that action still haunted him and drove him from sleep at times. "Since when are you an expert in whatever in the hell the aurora did?" He asked dryly, carefully keeping his fear and frustration from his voice. There was a depth of pain and fear that was threatening to overwhelm him as he gazed at the little mare that suddenly seemed so delicate to him.

The stallion narrowed his eyes at her closing comments, knowing that he would be groveling for a while to get back to her good side. But even as he tried to come up with a response, the bloodied body of his past was all he could see. "An idiot you may think of me... but I cannot bring myself to nearly kill again. Forgive me if I am afraid of hurting the one being that actually cares for me in any way." He murmured, though there was a hint of pain and anger lacing his words. She wouldn't have heard him, her form disappearing as he watched. Yep. She was furious. This exploration had turned foul and he didnt know how to make it better. Sighing, he plodded off toward the library to try to learn something more.

"Speaking"
@Below Zero
Notes: I think we are finished... though Sol will definitely need to suck up a bit XD

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »