Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - |SCREAMING| in my head

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Sunako

S U N A K O
the promises, hollow concessions and innocent show of affection
i touch your hand, a hologram, are you still there?
we used to love one another, give to each other
lie under covers so, are you friend or foe?

There was a strange choked-up cackling that could be heard from the very mountains. The ghoulish sound echoing, carrying over the air like a demented banshee had taken up residence, or a ghost had found its newest haunting. These assumptions wouldn't be too far off. The bone-chilling sound was hailing from the wild-eyed, tangled-haired, mess of a mare who was standing before the entrance of a decrypted cave. She stared into the gloom and darkness with a mad gleam to her cerulean eyes, and a twisted smile onto her muzzle. Her hooves danced a happy jig before she barrelled her way through the thorny vines that covered the entrance. They bit into her flesh, thorns catching feathers, tangles, and fur in general, plucking and pulling at her, even as they drew blood and torn free hair. She paid them no mind as she made her way back into the home she'd left for such a long time. The darkness enclosed around her, and she breathed in the scent of decay, muck and filth. A dark, ugly home, for a dark and ugly mare. Ah, and such wonderful darkness it was.

Another giddy giggle left her as she looked around, even if she had to pout over her friends being left in half-complete skeletons, ransacked by scavengers in her absence. She silently bid them apologies, wishing she could help to put them back together, but already knowing too much time had passed to do so successfully. She'd never leave her home again, never abandon this dark disaster she'd built for herself. A sanctuary for her ugliness where she couldn't be subjected to the radiance that many of the beings this land seemed to possess. So beautiful, so vibrant, so pure. It burned at her like a poison to her lips. A distasteful reminder that she was ugly, unworthy, unwanted, insolent and stupid. The ugly is contagious, no one wants to play with an ugly foal. No one wants to hang out with the ugly girl, all alone. In the dark. An ugly girl belongs in the dark. An ugly girl deserves to be in the dark! Just stay in the dark like an ugly girl is supposed to, Sunako. Ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly. Those cold taunts warped her brain, and she sneered into a pool of water, at the vibrant blue eyes that stared back at her from beneath a ratted, matted mess of black locks.

So long ago those locks would be curled, tidied up and decorated with delicate flowers, usually blue to draw attention back to those endless depth eyes. But that was a long time ago, before those hurtful words spread through the herd like a plague. Before she was the subject of cruel teasing, ridicule, merciless destruction of the very confidence she once held. It was unlikely if she would ever recover from such cruelty, but for now, the odd mare was happy in her darkness. She hummed an off-beat tune, continuing to organize in the darkness of the cave, her tail sliding through, more debri becoming ensnared in those messy locks. She swept the random rocks out of the cave, organized the bones of her former friends into lose piles that she'd try to make some sort of organized chaos out of later (she hoped desperately they'd be more complete than she fears). Only when those tasks were done did she venture back out into the night, to gather moss and ferns to make a bed out of, all the while humming an off-beat tune, the only betrayer to the fact her mood had brightened considerably since coming home.

"Speech"
Thoughts
Open to Anyone
Notes: Is Sunako weird. Yes.

is it too late? nothing to salvage 
you look away, clear all the damage
the meaning to all words of love has disappeared
so, are you friend or foe? 'cause i used to know
art by Akatsukislilwolf

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 15 — Threads: 2
Signos: 5
Day Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: Necrobotany  |    Bonded: Sors (Necrobotanic Maned Chupacabra)

Faction found herself in the mountains, enjoying peaceful time with Sors as they padded through small clearings and rocky outcroppings. It was unusually quiet, a break from the hustle and bustle of the courts and their chaotic members. Shaking her head, Faction paused at a stream to drink deeply from the cool water and gaze around us.

"There is a scent in the air, a mare... but not super fresh. Other than that... it is quiet." The once mortal canid remarked as his glowing green orbs took in the world around them. Sors was observant, aloof, and had a dry sense of humor that would always make his dearest friend laugh. Faction adored the creature, taking pleasure in the fact that her magic had created him and brought him back completely. Granted, that had been the last time she had used her magic to it's fullest ability. That one act had depleted her magic to the point that she could barely use the remnants.

"I will take the quiet. The courts are... intense. I think some of the horses are crazier than I am!" Faction laughed as she ruffled the remaining ruff of the maned wolf hybrid. The pair had spent much of their time together far from other horses... and it was odd going back to civilization. The canine snorted softly, the sound dry as it passed through the skeletal facade.

"My lady... I think that may be a stretch... Not all are as obsessed with the idea of creating weapons with the bones left behind." Sors teased, shaking his head and gazing around again.

"What is the use of leaving behind bones if not for another to make them useful again? I dont turn away gifts." Faction laughed softly as she cast a critical eye over the landscape around them.

"Faction's Words" - "Sors' words"
@Sunako
Notes: A crazy for a crazy?

Sunako

S U N A K O

The mare was not a normal one, but one could not truly put the blame on her. The poor dear was a product of the environment that she had grown up in, and after that unfortunate day, when that unfortunate sentence had been spoken, that had been it for her. What had once been nurturing had turned into a herd that had the filly afraid of interacting. Had her withdrawing in on herself. She no longer went out her friends, she had no longer looked in the river to smile at her reflection. She stopped pinning her hair back with flowers, had instead let it grow matted and long so she could hide behind it better.

By the time those other foals had grown, by the time the herd realized just what had happened to her, it had been too late to apologize. Sunako had ran away from it all, and now she'd subjected herself to isolation, firmly believing she was as ugly as she had always been told, keeping herself hidden by shade, darkness, and that horribly long and matted hair. It was safe in her hideaways in the mountain. No one to interact with. Just her and all the delightful horrors around the mountain. The bones and creepies that skirted over the ivory treasures. Spiders that made homes in rafters, or scorpions that she could follow around and giggle at. It was wonderful, spooky, and lonely.

Just the way she preferred it. That loneliness was the big reason she had paused, she had frozen when another scent touched her muzzle. Someone was walking through the mountain. Someone was around. Instantly the mare wanted to hide, to run away. To escape. Instead, b luck would have it, her eyes fell onto a decrypted, botanical gift. Her eyes went wide, her breath left her in an awed gust, and before either could be aware, the banshee of the mountain had stepped out of the shadows, ignoring the mare to focus on the plant and skeletal creation in front of her.

"Oh, you're a masterpiece!" Her voice was low, unused, but the awe was distinct. She slowly walked around the creature, staring at the creature with intense curiosity. "How can you move? How is this possible?" She continued to ignore the mare, instead reaching out her nose to sniff at the creature, tilting her head with a maddening glint to her eyes before she spun on the mare finally, "You. You did this?" She asked, wide eyed, "Can you do it again?" She asked, almost desperate, imagining Vixen prowling her caves. Or prowling as much as she could with a partial skeleton.

Who needs to be sociable if you could have a skeleton to keep you company for real?!

"Speech"
Thoughts
Open to Anyone
Notes: Is Sunako weird. Yes.

art by Akatsukislilwolf

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 15 — Threads: 2
Signos: 5
Day Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: Necrobotany  |    Bonded: Sors (Necrobotanic Maned Chupacabra)

The being that stepped out was ethereal in her grace, though there was something about her that struck a chord with Faction. A loneliness that resonated with the mare. She had been driven from her own home over her magic, or at least that was how she remembered it. There was something to be said about being alone, about being responsible for no one but yourself. Though she would be lost without Sors.

"Faction... Be wary with this one... She seems a little unusual..." Sors commented softly, his glowing green orbs taking in the mare as she explored him. When the creature spun on his companion, he found a low snarl escaping his throat... or at least what was left of it. He leapt between them, head lowered.

Faction touched his hip bone gently with her muzzle, the scent of the bone and plants tickling her nares. "Peace Sors... I dont think she intends harm." She murmured softly to the creature before lifting her head and gazing at the mare. Under the dirt and matted mane, she would be a striking creature. What had happened in her life? There was a part of her that longed to help the other mare, to make her feel like she was worthy. But at the same time, she didnt want to step in where not wanted.

"Yes... I did this. It took all of the magic I had to bring him back permanently... but I managed. Now my abilities are much less, but I can sometimes get it to work for a little while at least." She explained, a touch of sorrow in her eyes for the magnitude of magic that she had lost in the process. Sors pressed against her leg, giving her comfort with his nearness. Faction appreciated it and nuzzled his ruff gently in thanks before gazing back at the other mare with vivid green eyes.

"Faction's Words" - "Sors' words"
@Sunako
Notes: <3

Sunako

S U N A K O

The mare couldn't express in words how much she couldn't help but love, admire this skeletal being she was seeing. She was in awe over it. It seemed to speak to the other, the mare, the one that Sun wasn't bothering with just yet - what was the point, why would she bother with a horse, one who would probably want to run away, hide from the ugly mare. Hide, hide from the ugly. Don't let it touch you, don't let it be contagious. Don't let it come near you. You'll catch her ugly! You'll catch her ugly! Ugly Sunako, Ugly Sunako, Ugly Sunako. UGLY. UGLY. UGLY. UGLY was this the part where they'd run away from her? THis macabre beauty would be taken away before she could shower him with the love she wanted to give him.

She still had to try, had to find out more, so she turned to the other, turned to ask, and was startled when the creature spun, snarling. Ugly. Don't let the ugly touch you! Don't let it touch you. She's contagious. Ugly girl! Ugly girl! Ugly Sunako! UGLY. She waited for them to turn, to leave. Always Ugly, Always Alone, like an ugly girl should be. Then the mare spoke, and Sunako blinked in surprise as her gaze was met. Robin blue eyes shifted away, uncertain, confused. Why did she say that, why wasn't she running away. UGLY, UGLY, Ugly, Ugly, ugly, ugly . . . . She tilted her head quietly to one side.

The mare spoke then, confirming she made the beast, but Sunako interrupted her almost instantly, "Him. You made him. He moves, he reacts, is independent. Don't lessen the accomplishment, he's a him." She mumbled, before listening to the how. Magic, it was magic. She hesitated, as if afraid to come closer, to scare them away, "How though?" SHe tilted her head, staring at the creature closer, eyes going wide, "It's like you replaced what was missing with plants . . . He's amazing."

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Faction
Notes: She loves Sors.

art by Akatsukislilwolf