Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - miss YOU!

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 10
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

LET ME SHOW YOU
what you've been missing

Wandering is part of their blood , it seems . No amount of being brought into a herd would keep them in place , and part of them loathes it . Loathes that their wanderlust burns bright , that they can no longer find an anchor to keep them down . Novus had meant to be different , but even Caligo herself couldn't keep them around for long . Yet ... here they are , back in the lands they had wandered from , away from the Court out of sheer humiliation .

They cannot go back to Denocte , not when they know that they may be very well hated . It's deeply disheartening , that their own fears prevent them from returning to a Court they had loved so much .

Carefully , they pick their way around the sands of the beach , the heat of the day sweltering around them , the sun bright enough that the gold of their halo seems to vanish in the air . A shake of their head is given , and the cloak shifts before their teeth grab the edge of it carefully , releasing it when they're sure it won't fall off their head .  

Slowly , Cicatrix draws in a breath , releasing it when their shoulders drop a little and they tilt their gaze out over the waves , watching as the Sea itself dances and moves with the motions of the world . This early , there are no stars , and even the moon itself is hard pressed to be found . But Cicatrix hasn't found solace in the moon and stars in a long time .

Perhaps they need more friends .

@open !!!

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Pure of Heart

Uzuri paced on the open sands, having taken a break from her court, her home. The house itself was coming along, still a long way to go before it was usable for her new life. Yet, for all that she was happy to be home, there was a part of her that felt adrift. She had once had a purpose, a place, a stallion that had given her butterflies. Since then... her heart was empty and her mind was full. Even her brother had been away, though from what she had heard... at least he still had love to return to.

Sighing softly, the blue roan based splash mare paused to stare at the open sea. It was something that soothed the mare, the constant ebb and flow. The sounds of the water crashing on rocks. The smell of the salt in the air. Closing her chocolate eyes, she took in the world around her with her other senses. A strange new scent met her nares and she perked up to try to locate the source. The creature that caught her eye was ethereal, tall and lean. The scent spoke of equine, at the basest sense of the word, though the appearance was hard to match. A shiver of unease passed through the mare as she turned to face the intriguing and slightly scary creature.

"Um... Hello..." She called, staying a few lengths away until she knew if it was safe to approach further.

"Uzuri"
"Neema"
@Cicatrix
Notes: Hope you dont mind me popping in <3 No Neema, just a lonely Uzi contemplating the world
credits

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 10
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

LET ME SHOW YOU
what you've been missing

The ocean ebbs and flows , the waves lapping near golden cloven hooves . It reaches for them , touches almost , before drawing back in on itself and repeating the process . The light of the day is strong , the heat of the summer dancing over their body in an almost uncomfortable way . It's enough to make their body tense , and they exhale out , attempting to shake off the heat of the day and instead focus on the sea again , on the waves , the clouds , perhaps on the distant moon where it hides in the sky .

Not on the ache that settles in their bones and the loneliness that races through their heart . Cicatrix can no longer return to Denocte after abandoning it , after leaving . Despite having good reason to do so , the guilt is far too strong , and will keep them from returning to it . But they dearly miss the many faces of it , and wonder if there are many that still reside in its heart . If Ira still remains within its grasp , at its head , and if others still remain at the fringes , familiar faces that they could recall . Laughter , gentle words . Enough to make Cica's head drop down and away , tilting as they breathe out a shuddering sigh that's almost a sob , but they manage to breathe through it .

A voice cuts through the waves and silence , enough to startle them , a jump in slow motion that makes their wings flare open before they quickly close them again , hiding star maps against slender sides and turning their head carefully . The tone alone sounded .. uncertain , scared , and Cicatrix draws back and away almost painfully shy . Of course , there are many in Novus that fear them ; that was always something that had been an issue . It has never changed .

" Sorry , " is their response , gentle . They cannot express with eyes or face , so they do so with their voice instead , always so much more expressive with their tones .

@Uzuri
ahh poor baby don't be scared of them !!

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 77 — Threads: 21
Signos: 35
Dusk Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Neema (Maned Wolf)

Pure of Heart

Uzi felt terrible for startling the striking creature, for the soft voice that seemed to have so much emotion wrapped in it. "No need to apologize. I find that I am rather uncertain lately. I am Uzuri, but you can call me Uzi." She said, her nerves calming as she stepped closer.

The creature was so tall that it took her a moment to realize just how much it towered over her. Even with the fear that had made her pause, she could see the beauty and elegance in the lines of that being.

"I dont think we have met before. I would remember a being as striking and beautiful as you." She admitted, her voice gentle and innocent as she watched the being with a shade of awe in her demeanor. The blacksmith side of her was watching the angles and features, her mind sculpting it in silver and gold to make a statue that was elegant and powerful. There was a part of her that was comparing them to a blade, beautiful and capable of being deadly. A weapon that could be incredible to see in work.

"Uzuri"
@Cicatrix
Notes: <3
credits