Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Here comes trouble

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kazi

<>:X:<> KAZI <>:X:<>

"The world may be burning but all I see is progress"

For just a moment the young stallion wondered if he had somehow turned around and ended back up in the place he had been born. At first glance the plain he was in could have been mistaken for the one that had been an area of exploration for himself and his twin. Of course there wasn't a possibility of that being the case since his old home was long gone, as was the sister he had been born with. Kazi allowed himself to imagine, for just a moment, that this wasn't the case and that at any moment he would feel Kaja's annoyance or excitement, anything that would provide proof that the link between them wasn't broken. The two necklaces hanging around his neck was proof enough that it was anyway. It was a moment of weakness that wouldn't have been present if anyone else had been around.

Piercing blue eyes reopened to scan the area and take note of the differences between his memory and the present. It was easy enough to make his brain understand that this was not his home and go back to what he had been sent to do. The role of scout hadn't been something that the boy had thought would be added to his repertoire but he had been eager to accept the position. Kazi would do anything once just for the experience and chance to learn. So far there hadn't been much worthy enough to take note of but there was plenty more to explore. He wasn't about to return to his father with so little information. 

With nothing left to do but continue walking the stallion started back up again. His steps were casual while he scanned the area, searching for anything of interest to head towards. So far all there was to see was a desert to his left and a line of trees to his right in the far distance. From Kazi's time exploring his old home he felt that it was likely a more populated area probably lay in either direction but the idea of staying on more familiar ground was far more tempting than testing his theories. There would be enough time for that later. For now the boy continued walking between the two areas, heading for the distant mountains. He'd decide which direction to turn once he reached the base. 

<>:X:<>

Open to anyone, come meet my chaotic boy <3

Trevelyan

Faith is made stronger by facing doubt, untested, it is nothing.

The blue and gold bull was far from the waters that he usually stuck fairly close to, enjoying the day and exploring the realm that he currently called home. His golden tail, edged with rich orange, flicked through the grass lazily as he moved. His very walk was predatory and it was amusing to feel the difference in walking on land as opposed to swimming in the sea.

The orange and black stallion that was also walking the plain caught Trey's attention and the bull paused before approaching. He slid to a stop a few feet away, shaking his dual toned mane, as short as it was, and lifted his head. The other being was taller and much more muscular, though that didnt intimidate the bull as he looked him over.

"Hello there." He called, dipping his head in greeting as he watched the other's movements. He was wary, but that came from a life of fighting to survive and to protect his shiver. He found Novus much less bloodthirsty, though there was still an edge to certain individuals.

"Speaking"
@Kazi
Notes: Hope you dont mind me popping in my sharky boy <3

CREDIT to Akatsukislilwolf (offsite)

Kazi

The appearance of a stranger wasn't all that surprising. He had been fairly certain that there was civilization somewhere around and this just confirmed that. What shocked Kazi was the stranger itself. He knew there were plenty of different coat colors that a creature could be born with, he was an example of that, but the blue and bright yellow wasn't expected. He was grateful for his early exposure to equines with strange appendages as the tail and fin didn't even cause a pause.

Kazi blinked once to clear away the surprise. It wouldn't be too hard to explain away but he'd rather stay quiet about it. Lack of knowledge could often be seen as a weakness as well as offensive in the wrong setting. If he had learned anything so far it was that offending the wrong person could lead to consequences he wasn't currently equipped to deal with. Plus the more curious side of him wished to learn more about this bright shark.

"Hello." The young stallion scanned the area around them to see if anymore strangers would pop up. Once he was satisfied with the lack of others he moved his gaze back to the shark. Nothing about him was immediately intimidating but it wasn't a smart idea to throw caution to the wind. Kazi wasn't able to keep some snark from leaking out into his tone. It had become a bit of a way to hide whatever lisp or mumble that occurred due to the tusks protruding from his bottom lip and he was just waiting for the day that it got him in trouble. 

"Who are you?"

Not at all! | @Trevelyan

Trevelyan

There was a moment of surprise on the stallion's face, something that amused Trey as he watched. "I am Trey, though my full name is Trevelyan." He introduced himself warmly, the bull finding that he was in a pleasant mood. There was something to be said of settling down and finding a home in a new land.

"I havent seen you before... Are you new to the area?" He asked, curiosity making him more blunt than usual. As he stood there, his tail was weaving through the grass gently. The grass was sharper than he found in the sea, a sensation that he wasnt totally sure of.

The shark stallion was enjoying the sunshine, though he knew he would be heading back to water before too long. He found that his coat dried out more than he had expected if he was away from water for too long. But there was still enough residual moisture in her pelt to keep him comfortable for a bit. The stallion before him was nearly polar opposite to the bull, his oranges contrasted with ebony. It was a striking combination and had the bull eying him appreciatively.

"Speaking"
@Kazi
Notes: <3

Kazi

It was a bit of a relief that the sass he spoke with either didn't register with the stallion or wasn't enough to offend. Angering the locals was never a great first impression, though Kazi wouldn't have been too upset by it. Strangers always showed their true colors when they were angry so it helped him to understand where he stood. It was definitely a bit easier when things didn't start out with a battle though.

The colt took in this information, turning the name around in his mind as well as the way the stranger, Trey, spoke. Styles of speech and words could often be giveaways for things others didn't even realize. He also considered keeping his own name to himself for the moment but it seemed as though the polite route would be best in this situation. Or rather as polite as Kazi could stand to be.

"Kazi." He wondered just how many others lived in this land that the shark was able to take notice that they hadn't met. Either that or he had a good enough memory to know such things. "Just arrived actually." The colt debated on questions that were worth asking, or if the conversation should be led by Trey, before ultimately deciding to throw caution to the wind and just wing it. Sometimes strategy had no place in introductions that hadn't been planned beforehand.

"How long have you been around here?"

<3 | @Trevelyan

Trevelyan

Trey dipped his head, careful to keep his eyes on the other stallion just out of habit. He had found that some predators waited until your attention was away from them to attack. Predators like his brother. With an internal growl, he pushed away the thoughts of the bull he had left in charge of his shiver. 

"It is a pleasure to meet you." He responded warmly, his tail swishing in the grass without thought. The question caught him off guard and he paused. "I have been in Novus for a while… though I spend more time in the sea than on the turf. I tend to be a creature of habit where that is involved." He laughed softly, glancing up at the sky to register the time of day. It seemed that there was still plenty of time before dark and it put the bull at ease. 

"Did you travel far to get here?" He asked, taking another moment to appreciate the stallion’s well honed physique. There was an attraction catching his attention, though he was still unsure of exactly how he felt about anything in particular. Shaking his head slightly, he pushed the thoughts away and let his frame relax more as he enjoyed the other being’s company. 

"Speaking"
@Kazi
Notes: <3

Kazi

It made sense that a stallion with dorsal and caudal fins would dwell in the sea. The part of his mind that wished to know everything urged to ask about how his breathing worked, if it was magic or if he actually had gills, but that seemed a bit more personal than Kazi wished to get at the moment. Plus it might seem a little out of the blue and suspicious, at least to the stallion's mind it did.

"I knew of a few equines in another land that also lived within the waters of the sea, though they didn't always have their fins like you appear to." The thought of his father and his sea form crossed the stallion's mind for a moment in comparison. No, his father didn't always have the fish extremities so he must be different from the species here. Kazi pushed the thought away to consider later.

"I suppose so. I wasn't paying too much attention to the distance and time it took to get here. It probably took a couple days or so of travel." Kazi thought for a second before deciding that that was close enough to accurate. It really didn't matter too much how long it took to him, just that he was here now. He still wasn't entirely sure why he was here but Kazi wasn't opposed to finding out about new places.

"So if you prefer to be down by the water, beneath the waves, why are you all the way up here? I haven't smelled any hint of salt anywhere nearby so we must be decently far from the shore." 

<3 | @Trevelyan

Trevelyan

Trey laughed and shook his head. "Oddly enough, I am not the only one in Novus with fins… Just the most shark like. One of my dear friends and her sister have flukes and full back fins and look much more unusual than I. I seem to find that the unique traits are those that catch the eyes easier." He grins, glancing at the stallion again. The striking individual was like molten gold and shadows, with tusks that made him shiver slightly.

When he spoke of his distance, Trey nodded. "It is easy enough to lose track as you move. Add in my ship and I can travel so much further than I could in the water itself." He grins, knowing that his time on land would be coming to an end rather quickly. He loved the ocean and becoming a pirate of sorts had made him happy. 

The question was open, simple.. But yet Trey was grinning. "Hard to find others to speak to when you are under the sea. More so when those handsome strangers are beings of the land. The possibilities are what draw me, the unknown that I may come across, the fun I may have. I find that the land has unique draws that are hard to turn away. Do you find that you enjoy the sea, or are you a solidly soil trodding creature?" He asks, eyes once again traveling over the stallion before him. 

"Speaking"
@Kazi
Notes: Um… yeah… feel free to bop the flirt XD

Kazi

The other stallion's look had Kazi raising an eyebrow but he refrained from commenting on it. Though Trey was a different sort of being there wasn't anything there that interested him beyond the curiosity about his species. He hummed over the information about the others that were described. They sounded a bit like some of the equines he had known in the land of his birth, though there were differences.

Of course, all species had differences so it made sense. These might not be of the same area though they might be similar enough to cut down some of his questions. At least, he hoped so anyway. With the way Trey had been glancing towards the sun he figured that their time was limited.

Kazi nodded along in agreement to the statement about time. A mind full of thoughts on other things made time, and travel, go by much faster than it seemed. His ears perked a bit at the mention of a ship and he turned his attention back towards Trey.

"I've only seen wrecks of ships, though I've heard stories about some that have been out on the sea. It seems like a wonderful way to travel." He wouldn't exactly call if a dream of his to experience the sea on a ship, but it would be something he wouldn't refuse. A part of him hoped that it would bring him closer to his sister, even if she wouldn't be there physically.

He elects to ignore the flirt within the answer, focusing on everything else. "Makes sense I suppose. There are definitely some features of the land that can't be found out on the sea." Kazi considers the question for a moment but really he had the answer the moment it was asked.

"The sea has always been an interest of mine, and I could explore it for a long while, but the land is where I'll return to. I take it that, while you might explore around the land, you'll eventually return to the sea in the end?"

Kazi will just ignore it lol | @Trevelyan