Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Like we're made of starlight

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
the whole place was dressed to the nines
and we were dancing, dancing
like we're made of starlight, starlight
The cave mouth was foreboding, and a part of her was nervous about entering.

The last time she had to enter a cave like this, the kraken had emerged angrily, tentacles waving, wanting to smack her, hunt her, grab her. She remembered the snapping of it's beak, the baleful anger in its eyes. Shard had shoved her out of the way then, the two escaping in the kind of speed only true fear could escape. Today, though, she was alone . . . No, not alone. The soft croon from her spine, the cold feel of icicles against her neck as Yukime rubbed her forehead and crest in reassurance. Yuki kept her from being alone. So the two walked in. Or rather, Bel walked in while the ice serpent rode on her shoulders. She moved with a soft click of hoof on rock the only sound. Around her, the vapors rolling off her spine dropped in temperature, seeming to coat her in mist, but her nervous became more obvious as a lattice of frost began to grow up her hooves and legs, the fluke of her tail, leaving frost patterns on the ground with each step she took.

Be at peace The telepathic whisper reached her thoughts.

She turned her head, glowing cyan eyes meeting the glowing navy of her companion and it was only then that the mare realized she had walked far enough for her bioluminescence to activate. All down her spine and along her face, the dark blue striping and dots where now a cyan, the glow pitching the color out to light up the rock tunnels around them. Atop her back, her companions stripes where doing the same, but in a deep navy, the two creating their own light to walk with.

The light was a comfort, left over from her time with the pod.

She felt herself relax, the frost disappearing until it shined on her hooves and the ground she walked over only - hinting she wasn't as fully calm as she would like to be. But it was a start, the adventure was beginning to feel exciting again, unknown. New. And for the marine mammal, that was exciting. 

"Bel"
Yukime
@Cicatrix
Notes:: <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 33 — Threads: 10
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

LET ME SHOW YOU
what you've been missing

Oh ... what a strange place this was . At first glance , it had been only a cave that Cicatrix had stood in front of for far too long , staring at it in a quizzical manner , head tilting one way , and then the other , before they had bitten the proverbial bullet and gone inside .

While they had explored Novus before , they had never gone much further than the lands of Denocte . Somehow they had missed this system of caves , laid out in an intricate network along the Peak they keep gravitating toward . Caligo help me --- why do I keep coming back . Why am I here . What can I do . But there's never any answer from the ever silent goddess .

They suspect there will never be one .

Cica would blink , if they could , but instead , they merely tuck their wings close and thank the fact that in the soft glow of this cave , the sharp golden light of their halo lights up behind them and spills out around them . It's much like seeing a holy space angel of some sorts , a divine being that comes crawling out of the dark , though many have called them unholy , with plenty of other insults and names to match . Cica never much gives them any second thought once they're said , merely shrugs and moves on . They've grown used to such words .

Cloven hooves click and carefully step , but pause as they hear movement ahead , a shy bob of their head given . Times like this , they do so wish they could actually control the light of their halo . Instead , they can only control the tiny little pocket of low gravity that they use as their own personal bubble at the moment . No floating , just gentle lessening of the gravity on their joints .

" ... is someone there ? " they call curiously , almost quietly . As if , if they speak too loud , they will awaken the deities that slumber on the mountain above .

@Below Zero
I FINALLY LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO MAKE POSTS ;___;

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
the whole place was dressed to the nines
and we were dancing, dancing
like we're made of starlight, starlight
The mare forced herself to feel calm.

It wasn't the first cave, or even the second, or third to explore. But, in truth, every time she went spelunking it was the same thing, fighting past the fears of that very first time. It was always hard, no matter how often she went out and about, among the caverns and tunnels, she was still waiting for the next Kraken, the next monster, the next scary cave beast. Yuki tried, tried to offer reassurance, offer kindness, words of comfort, but then a voice called out, curious, but quiet. There was a pause, a surprise, a curious intrigued on who else was among the caves. And suddenly, she forgot she was supposed to be nervous.

She started towards the voice.

Her gaze was curious, seeing a gold glow ahead, and her voice called out hesitantly, echoing off the rock, even as her own magic amplified her voice through the water particles in the air, allowing it to carry farther as if it was under the water rather than above the ground. "Oh, Uhm, I'm here!" Her voice was tentative, rounding a corner, the cyan of her own glow bouncing over the walls, mixing to almost a green where the glows converged, "Oh, uh, hello." She blinked, pausing, tilting her head as she looked at the odd beast before her. One set of eyes, followed by the smaller set blinked independently, taking in their appearance, all the more curious by what they might be. "I'm sorry if I startled you, we didn't think anyone else might be in these caves."

Her greeting, and apology was warm, kind.

It was her natural way to be. Bel smiled as she took a half step back, nodding to herself, "My name is Below Zero, but you can call me Bel. And, this is Yukime, my bonded. We were exploring the cave system. Would you like to join us, the more the merrier if we run into trouble, no?" She asked, her gaze turning back to the direction she'd come from. Should she expect trouble. The lattice of frost was beginning to creep up her lower limbs again, and she had to force herself to NOT plummet the entire cave into the negatives, temperature wise, and instead smiled back at the being before them, "I'm fairly certain there won't be trouble though, of course. I actually haven't run into a scary beast in a cave since I was a pup, er; calf . . . No, foals, they call them foals on the land." The terminology still tripped her up.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Cicatrix
Notes:: Bel's just like 'come, join us, so I have more defense incase of cave monsters.'

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]