Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Do you believe in forever?

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Thread Modes

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

and there ain't no way, i'm letting you go now and there ain't no way
and there ain't no how. i'll never see that day 'cause i'm keeping you
Callynite

forever and for always, we will be together all of our days
wanna wake up every morning to your sweet face, always

She could feel her heart jack hammer, it was a suddenness that had the flowers around her giggling silently. She huffed quietly, nibbling on their petals, even as she ignored them, she was too lost in thought. A thought that has possessed her heart and mind for a week now . . . Or was it that stallion that made up this thought that had possessed her heart, her mind. Even when he wasn't here, he seemed to take over her mind. And she always knew when he wasn't around. She knew when he does. A change in the air, a change in the energies. She recognized his own energy field even if her eyes were closed, and her back to him. She just knew him.

She woke the moment he would leave her side, rolling over to feel the grass still warm from his body heat, and his energy disappearing from the area. She instantly slept easier and cuddled into him when he would return at random. Settling into a deeper sleeper with a sigh of contentment. It's entirely his own fault. He did this too me. He made me fall hopelessly in love with him. A horse, a stallion . . . but then again, I'm part equine now too, aren't I? No longer the graceful cervine I once was. My antlers no longer tangle in the brush. My long limbs no longer carry me with grace through the forest. I've turned into a chubby little pony-deer, when I had once been something grander, older, beautiful. Graceful. Wild.  And yet, he finds me beautiful now. When I look into my reflection and see a chaotic mix of magic, he sees a beautiful creature . . . Would he find me beautiful if he saw me as I wish I could be again?

If one of those portals she was growing more curious about ever turned her into a deer, would he find her as enchanting then. If it turned her back into the antlered, tall, slender mix of a red deer and Irish elk she had once been, would he still chase her. Would he still tug on her forelock, chase her down for some teasing, and gentle touches. Would he shower her with affection? If she returned to her true form, would he still care for her, or would they drift apart . . . No . . . no, she couldn't drift from him. She didn't want to drift from him. She wanted more. She wanted him, she wanted love. She wanted forever, damn it.

Her hooves were carrying her suddenly, with out her even realizing it, and as she trotted out, her expression shifted to determined. She could feel it in the air, something was coming, and she had made a decision about something she could control. And so she began to hunt him down, before the sun had even rose, her cloven hooves carrying her through the land, following the tug of magic, of energies that always seemed to lead to him. The sun was only just beginning to raise as she slowed to a stop at the sea. She glanced towards the sunrise, a faint smile, fitting for what she wanted.

So she turned towards where she could sense his approach, where she could see his form coming into view. She took a few steps towards him, before her voice rang out strong and clear, "Hey, Coyotl!? Whatcha say you wife me up already?" She demanded, with a stomp of her hoof, but a playful smile on her muzzle, and a sparkle to her eye that only ever seemed to appear when he found her again. Yeah, she was ready for a forever, if it was forever with him.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Huehuecoyotl
Notes: Permission to PP Coy's approach given by Chaosy. I realized that the only way it would make sense for him to ask her to be his mate is if he knew she was okay with it. And this was so up Cally's alley that I couldn't resist this.
Artwork ©Bingo

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 91 — Threads: 10
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

being fabulous is the absolute best revenge

Sunrise. The start of a new day, something new and bright and shiny. This was his favorite time of the day, though he found that nights beside Cally were starting to edge them out. There was an edge to his nerves that morning, something that he couldnt put his hoof on. Something strange and bubbly and overwhelming.

The sea was his refuge, something that he found amusing having met a creature from the seas themselves. The crash of the waves was a music that danced along his flesh and gave him a calming breath. At least until he heard the padding of familiar hooves. Turning, he noted the little doe that was seeking him, his own hooves moving toward her as if she was magnetic.

As she spoke, he closed the distance and pressed his muzzle to her shoulder without thought. The words rang through him and he started, looking at her with wide cyan eyes. "Wait... wait..." He stuttered as he stared at the little doe. As he tried to wrap his head around the words that had left her lips.

"Are you finally saying that you are ready?! You finally admit that you want to be mine forever? That you want me to be yours? Seriously?!" The arrogant stallion was a mess of emotions and words, tongue tied for probably the first time in his life. But at the same time, his heart was swelling and he found it hard to breathe.

@Callynite
Notes: Coy is flustered and excited and overwhelmed XD
"Coy Sass"
credits

Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite

Just like every other time, the moment she saw him, it was like her world slowed down, the ground evened out and she was standing solid. She smiled as she made her way towards him, smiling brightly when he turned her. Her expression was excited, ready to see his reaction, so she spoke, said those life-altering words. Only for him to simply close the distance, muzzle to her shoulder. She paused. That was it? Nothing else? Where was his reaction? SHE JUST ASKED HIM TO MAKE HER HIS WIFE? And then he was startled.

Finally, the reaction she was waiting for, as he pulled back, staring at her. She met his gaze calmly, though her amusement softened to genuine affection as he stuttered over his words, and then, the stallion actually rambled. RAMBLED. Coy was rambling and tongue-tied, and her smile grew softer still, as she stepped up to him, chest to chest, nuzzling his neck, nibbling at where his mane tapered off at his shoulders, "Silly stallion, would I have suggested it otherwise?"

She stepped back, before staring at him expectantly, "Well, aren't you going to ask me?" She demanded, waiting patiently for those official words to come from him, "I'm ready for forever, if you are . . . But I wanna be asked proper." She paused, "And I want at least a ceremony, and a reception not just being dragged up to the mountains." She added after a moment, her expression shifting, almost vulnerable before she hesitated briefly, "I . . . want a ceremony of my people." More than just the exchanging of vows, she wanted the bonding necklaces, the marriage knots her people would wear after making it official, and the sharing of mistletoe berries. Even if it wasn't the official necklaces of her people or the type of magic the berries of her homeland held, she still wanted to be married in the eyes of where she came from too. Even if it was a simple necklaces, and random berries from a random mistletoe. She still wanted it. So that nothing could ever take him away from her.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Huehuecoyotl
Notes: <3
Artwork ©Bingo

Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

Just has his morning had started out with odd feelings, the stallion was swamped in a myriad of emotions and thoughts as he stared at the doe before him. Her touch was electric against his pelt and it took all of his control to keep his head. "I didnt... I never... I mean... I hoped..." He fumbled through trying to express himself as he felt his entire being soften to her. As he stood there, emotions in hyperdrive as he stared at the doe, feathers were erupting across his flanks and neck. Subtle enough to be easily overlooked, but there none the less.

"Cally... My love..." He started, dipping his head to meet her neck. "Nothing in this world would make me happier than knowing I get forever with you. However, I think that even forever will be too short of a time. My heart belongs to you, fully and in every way. So I ask... Will you do me the greatest honor of becoming mine? My mate? My other half? I will do everything in my power to make certain that you are as happy as you can ever possibly be. I promise to be by your side and with you through every adventure that you wish me to be with you on." Coy murmured, thinking about how badly he had wanted to ask this for so long.

"Anything you want, my love. Say the word and I will do whatever it takes." He vowed, nuzzling her neck as he felt like his heart was going to beat out of his chest. Surely she must hear it. The beating of his heart was nearly deafening to him. As he waited for her words, the stallion's mind was racing, debating on who he would need to ask for various parts of a ceremony and reception. The steps they would need to take. The pure bliss that he had the chance of truly having Cally as his, that his heart was utterly hers.

@Callynite
"Coy Sass"
credits

Dawn Court Sovereign

Callynite

Okay, if the doe was being honest, she was starting to feel a little concerned over her stallion's sudden lack of expressing himself. It was the first time she had ever seen him quite like this. So fumbling, out of his element. It made him almost useful, "Coy? Breathe, relax, take a moment, gather yourself. I'm sorry, that was a bit of an abrupt way to handle the situation, wasn't it. I didn't mean to throw you for a loop." She'd gotten so used to the cocky, and sure side of the male, she'd forgotten he could get like this. She smiled warmly though, nuzzling him reassuringly, before pausing to stare down at the features along his neck, his flank. If I pluck one, will that break his trance? It took all her self control to ignore them. For now.

Her name had her look back towards his face, and his soft, if not sappy words had her smiling, before she tilted her head to the side, "What, I can't be your wife too? For better or for worst? In sickness and in health?" She teased gently, even as she nibbled at the soft fur of his chest, "Silly stallion, uou've become, dare I say sappy? That was almost poetic. What happened to my cocky, and self-sure stud?" She teased, before her expression shifted, more vulnerable, more honest, "I wouldn't have said anything if I wasn't absolutely sure in what I wanted, and it's you. Forever and for always. I want your face to be the first thing I see in the morning, the last thing at night. I want you always by my side, for us to walk the path of life together. But not just as mates. I want a forever longer than that. I want a marriage. So ask me again. Properly." Her smile had turned teasing again, wanting those four words, and damn if she wasn't going to make him work for it.

Especially if it meant getting him out of this odd funk he was in of sappy, corny, line throwing. He was better than this too. And, he might as well get prepared for her throwing curveballs into their lives for the rest of their lives together. "So, while I'm happy to be your mate, you better not slack off, I still expect a proper request to be your wife too. And if I hear even one gaudy or obnoxious suggestion for the ceremony or reception, you'll find your half of our bedding area filled with thorns." She added, even as she playfully nibbled at the feathers, "Silly, birdbrain stallion." Dear god, she loved him though.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Huehuecoyotl
Artwork ©Bingo

Dawn Court Apothecary

At the doe's urging, Coy found himself closing his eyes and simply breathing for a moment. "Honestly... I was beginning to think you would never want that commitment. That I would be following in your shadow forever." He murmured softly as he kept his eyes closed and his flesh pressed to hers. His heart rate slowed as he calmed.

Coy found himself snorting as she described him as poetic. "I can be eloquent and romantic when the occasion calls. You just prefer to stab me with a certain horn rather than allow me to try to sweep you off of your hooves." He teased, batting his cyan eyes at the doe. "You can be quite romantic when the occasion calls for it..." He teased more with a wink before stepping back and dipping into a low bow.

"Lets see if I can do this properly then,  my love..." He laughed softly as he looked at her. "Callynite, the light of my life, the love that makes this world worth exploring... Would you do me the great honor of becoming my wife, my mate, my other half? The being that can stab me one moment then doctor me up the next. My better half. The one creature in this world that I can whole heartedly admit that I love more than myself. The reason that I wake each morning and strive to better myself each day. The dreams that make me smile and the voice that is my lullaby in the deepest nights. Will you become my wife and make me the best stallion that I can be?" He asked, though there was a touch of humor through his voice and he finished with a wink that told of his amusement at her demands.

Lifting back to his hooves, Coy shook his tri colored mane and grinned at the little doe. This was definitely not going to be the most common of matings. He found himself praying to all of the gods that they would bless the union. "I cannot make any promises, other than I will do my best every day with you. And I may be a bird brain, but I can also make life more fun with the fact that I can now hold my shift to a raven for longer to retrieve... items..." The stallion teased as he debated ways to make her smile and ways to make her groan in disbelief.

@Callynite
"Coy Sass"
credits

Dawn Court Sovereign

Callynite

The doe watched as he closed his eyes, focusing on his breathing, and she smiled to see it begin to even out, feel his heart rhythm slow to normal. She smiled at his soft murmur, gently tugging on his mane, "It was never about wanting the commitment, silly . . ." She murmured gently, "It was about figuring out when I was ready for it. I'm not of this world, and for the longest time, I was afraid to be ripped from it again, to leave you behind. To never see you again. The more I worried about that, the more it made me realize just how much I did need you. How much what we already had wasn't enough." Her smile turned sassy, her tone playful, "And of course, you're too worried about making the wrong move, so I had to point you in the right direction, least you get lost along the way." She teased.

His snort had her grin, as she looked up at him, before faking a scoff and offended expression, "Well, when you nap in the middle of a dark cavern tunnel, what do you expect? It's not like I was aiming to stab you!" She playfully retorted, even as she used that very horn to poke his side, taking extra care not to cause actual injury, before pausing, staring up at him, "I don't know if I'd call myself romantic, but sure, if you say . . . ." Her words stopped as he sank into a low bow, winking, and she couldn't stop the grin as she was able to look down at him.

She laughed with him, her smile bright as he properly asked her to marry him, and she hardly gave him a chance to finish speaking before she bounded to him, half tumbling over his back, as she nuzzled her cheek against his - a rare moment where she could reach him without him having to lower his gigantic form to her height. She pressed her muzzle against the side of his own, before smiling at him, "As if I'd ever say no to such a beautiful little speech. I suppose I'll give you the great honor of becoming my husband, you should thank me." She teased him, before backing away from him to let him stand.

She smiled back at him, a laugh bubbling up at his next words, rolling her eyes with a playful grin, as she stepped towards him, her own magic flaring out, twinkling with emerald gleam, sparkling across her hide, "I have no doubt you're not making any promises, but I'm not kidding Coy. Vines pushed from the soil, threatening to coil around his ankles, "I'll be very displeased if our wedding ceremony becomes a clash of colors, and the talk of gossip for the next few seasons." She stared him down, "You'll do that for me, won't you, darling? No glitter bombs. No explosion of colors like a circus train wreck?" She paused, before adding, "Actually, I'll even sweeten the deal, keep the ceremony classy, and the reception can be a bit more flamboyant." But if that ceremony wasn't flawless, she'd be a widow before dawn (and then she'd have to figure out how to becoming a necromancer too, 'cause she really couldn't just live without him).

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Huehuecoyotl
Artwork ©Bingo

Dawn Court Apothecary

Her words were gentle, honest, raw. It made him open his eyes and watch her carefully as she spoke. As she explained why she hesitated and how it had taught her what she wanted in life. "If anyone or anything tries to take you from me... There will be a fight. I will not let the one I love just disappear. I will even come with if that is what it takes." He vowed softly, though his words were strong and true. At her teasing, he felt a grin cross his lips and he snorted softly. "Does that mean that I need a map to follow?" He teased, barely hiding the innuendo that slipped into the words.

Coy found himself chuckling again as he remembered the moment that they had met, as well as the argument that it had caused. "I would like to point out that I have learned my lesson from that... Do not get stabbed by a doe that does not prefer to nurse one back to health after." He winked as he laughed, ruffling her mane gently. "And trust me, my love... I can make you romantic when the occasion calls for it." Yep. The self assured and flirtatious stallion was definitely back and enjoying every moment of it.

Her embrace made his heart soar and he stayed in his position to enjoy it. "Of course I thank you... Whatever would I do with myself if you didnt give me such an honor?" He laughed, winking at her as he lifted himself back to his full height.

Coy took a moment to playfully muse over what he could do to their reception, his face exaggerated. "Classy ceremony... got it..." He mused, pausing to wink at her again. "I am sure Caelum would be perfect for flowers and decor... Uzi for certain items... Then we need to find a baker... and music... and acrobats... and flamethrowers... maybe fireworks... " He rambled on as he watched the doe out of the corner of his eye. "Oh! And we need a venue for the ceremony and reception..." He exclaimed, wheels turning as he tried to come up with ideas to terrorize her with.

@Callynite
Notes: Why did I have Charlotte's plans from Princess and the Frog ringing in my head while writing this? XD
"Coy Sass"
credits

Dawn Court Sovereign

Callynite

The doe smiled with a warmness she rarely showed - rarely allowed others to see, but with him, she found herself hiding less and less. She tilted her head to the side, as she spoke, meeting his gaze willingly, silently reassuring him to the best of her ability why it had taken her so long. Her reaction was mellowed, slow, delicate, as he accepted it with ease, promising to never be taken away, to fight for her, to not let her disappear. His vow was heart warming, touching, reassuring, and she nuzzled him gently, before rolling her eyes at his teasing words, "You rarely need a map to figure me out, I'm sure this will be no different." She replied playfully, even as the topic of being stabbed came up, "You were quite rude upon our first meeting, can you blame me for huffing about having to nurse you to health. You kept accusing me of intending to spear you!" She laughed before smiling gently.

"Oh, you're ridiculous." She huffed, laughing has he lifted himself back to full height, looking back up at him, before he began to list off the plans. Classy Ceremony. Caelum for flowers and decor. Uzi. She nodded along, Baker, music, acrobats . . . acrobats? FLAME THROWER? Her head was no washing, eyes wide, "Wait, wait, wait, wait, WAIT. WHY DO WE NEED A FLAMETHROWER AT OUR WEDDING?!" The doe squeaked. "No, no flame thrower . . . but fire works are alright. But . . . no flame thrower. I'm going to have to speak to Caelum about reigning you in."

Why did she suddenly have a headache?

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Huehuecoyotl
Artwork ©Bingo

Dawn Court Apothecary

Coy snorted, shaking his heavy head and grinning. "I am sure that a map could only help me on the adventure that is to come." He teased before feigning offense at her next words. "I was taking a nap! I was woken by a horn in my flesh! How was I to know that the little doe that stabbed me would steal my heart so thoroughly?" He teased again, ruffling her mane as he laughed. She made his heart feel like it was floating away.

Her reaction to his teasing plans was better than he expected and the stallion nearly fell over he was laughing so hard. "No flamethrowers. I can deal with that. Fireworks are good… What is your stance on glitter?" He grinned, eyes alight and sparkling with mirth. As he glanced at the sky, he realized he would need to head to Uzi’s soon to get her help with the necklaces for the pair, and possibly another gift for the doe.

"Uzuri should be home… Did you want to divide and conquer? I take Uzi and the plans that need done there, and you speak to Caelum regarding decor? Or… I can do both and make sure that the decor is absolutely… sparkling…" He winked as he gazed down at the little doe.

@Callynite
"Coy Sass"
credits

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »