Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Solar Flare

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
Unfamiliar. Different. Dark. Different.

The mix-match of feelings and themes seemed to cycle through her head, setting the mare ill at ease, not necessarily because of her location, but because of how unfamiliar it was. It wasn't what she was used to. Not . . . . Hot. Sun. Jane. The fragmented words slid through her conscience, shattered, unconnected. Communication was a heavy learning curve, and she kept falling off track all the time. But, slowly she was beginning to pick up a few words here or there. But the majority of her thoughts were colors, memories, and emotions. Those she understood better. And this land had a lot she could connect it to. After all, it was dark and mysterious like her own origins. Dark, Unfamiliar. Different. Dark Blue and Green, Gray and Black. Uncertain, different, unfamiliar . . . mysterious . . . . Old . . . . In a way, it did remind her of the cold darkness of space.

Floating endlessly, surrounded by darkness, intrigue, mystery.

This land seemed to have it too, and it did make her slightly curious as well. Which is why she had landed her, wings beating a few times as hooves touched the ground, galactic dust shedding off her flight feathers as she realigned them before folding her wings against her back. That same galactic dust shed ff of her mane and tail, wafting around her like a star plucked from the sky, ironically accurate. The star-mare moved across the plains she had landed on, steps light along the hilly terrain. She sniffed at random plants, nosed the green foilage of this rock. There wasn't anything like this in the Hot, Red place Jane had taken her to. The greenery was so vibrant in her eyes, a stark contrast to what she was used to seeing in the desert. She nibbled at the leaf, her head rearing back at the sharp pungent taste in her mouth. She hadn't recognized what mint looked like, had never experienced it before.

She turned away from the foilage, even as she felt it brushing against her limbs, her legs.

There was still too much to see, too much to learn, and she was desperate to learn. To learn everything. She wanted to communicate with these creatures that lived on this rock. She wanted to New. Unfamiliar. Stranger. New. The sense rocked through her, her magic tingling as her gaze turned up to the heavens, as if searching them for an answer. Her gaze landed on a peak of Mercury, tilting her head as she took in the angle, the way it glinted. A stranger, a meeting with someone new. She couldn't tell more than that, whether it would be a traveller passing through her life, or a new companion. The heavens were never that clear with giving up their secrets.

Her gaze turned away from the silent skies.

She'd decided early on not to put too much focus on this weird divining ability. It wasn't concrete, sure, easy to interpret, and she knew better than to try to live this life only based on what the stars and planets tell her. She needed to live her own life. So she kept walking, kept exploring. And if she ran into someone new, she'd be kind, considerate, and gracious. And if she didn't, well she'd assume Mercury made a mistake. He was a little tricky anyways.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Sebastien
Notes:: Here you go m'dear!
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 19 — Threads: 7
Signos: 25
Night Court Scholar
Male [He/Him]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  18 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 24  |    Active Magic: Charismatic Influence  |    Bonded: N/A

His hunt never ceased. It was tireless; as ceaseless as the ever-flowing stream. Sebastien was consumed by his desire to possess Meira. To possess anyone he could convince to fall into his gravity. The once Soletteran turned Denocte scholar moves without effort through the prairie. The land is unfamiliar to him, but he was able to follow Meira's trail all the way out here before it disappeared like her. Sebastien knew she was never all that far away. There were not many places she could flee to. Not Solterra nor Denocte. Terrastella was questionable too. Delumine was all that was left for her. The crumbling structure of House Vogelstein there would provide her some relief until the head of that house returned. Sebastien did not know where his relative went, but he would wait tirelessly for her.

As he wanders through the prairie, he hardly notices the creature plucked from space and plopped down in the middle of a field. It is the movement of cosmic ash pouring from their frame that catches his attention. The way they smell is cold. Cold doesn't have a smell, but that was the closest he could come to describe their assault on his senses. The pale-eyed bronc moves towards them. There is but one thing that draws him in more than Meira ever could, and that was the pursuit of knowledge. Sebastien was a scholar, even if he wasn't the most diligent in his studies. It was the anomalies that really attracted his attention. This strange happens to fall under one such category. It is never any different with him. Everyone is an object; something he can come to possess. Sebastien smiles as he approaches the stranger.

He can feel the pull of his magic as it begins to drift away from him. It too is like the Sea that so calls to the woman he knows he will drag back. It is easy, and effortless for him. It is encouraging for others to open up to him. "Well, hello there. You don't seem to be from around here.. It looks as though Caligo has plucked you from the stars in the sky herself. My name is Sebastien.. scholar of Denocte." He introduces himself to the strange equine.

@Veil Nebula

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
The star was ever curious.

It was likely a reaction to her newness to being not just alive, but to be part of this world. It made things so new, so different, so startling. But she couldn't deny the fact she adored this rock down to the core. The warmth in her belly told her that, filling her heart with so much lightness at being comfortable, and beginning to recognize things slowly. The green grass was no longer shocking, awe-inspiring. She was understanding more and more words. She was starting to find a place.

Though a place where she could really belong?

That was still up in the air. But for now, she had Solterra, and she had Jane. Her best friend was her everything, the one constant in her life that could keep her grounded and on the right track. Of course, with Jane working more, it left Veil traveling further out, trying to learn more from others. A delicate star with the knowledge and understanding of the world more equivalent to that of a new foal, an infant start, still protected in the of embrace of it's nursery system. And so she was always eager to move, eager to find more out, meet others to try and continue her understanding of the odd verbal communication these beings utilized.

So of course, she was curious by his approach.

She glanced up at the sound of hooves, pink, galactic swirling eyes settling on him calmly, her expression peaceful, kind, gentle. A soft star curious by the approach of the mortal. She stilled her own steps, head tilted to the side as he approached, and instantly she recognized his first set of words to her. The greeting sounds. He used the greeting sounds. Hello, perhaps the first word she had grasped. She was quiet as he spoke, recognizing the other word for her, not her individual sound, but the more generic sound used to talk to someone. Universal for anyone that wasn't 'I' but the rest of the sounds weren't as familiar, but she'd heard them in passing from Jane.

She had to puzzle the rest of this out, it looked like.

But she was used to having to puzzle it out. You. Don't. From. Here. Focusing on just those sounds, and having to recall the memories of where they'd been used with Jane, she finally caught on to what he meant. No, no she wasn't from this land, but she wasn't from the Earth in general, was she? And then he spoke, and the Goddess's name was like a warm caress, an unfamiliar familiarity. Like a dim memory, that creation period came to her memories, the stroke of another's touch, whispering her name through the pain, the intense heat and pressure as she was recrafted from scattered parts of her nebula after she'd been more-or-less killed by the black hole.

The mention of the word stars brought her back to the present.

And his own identifier followed, Sebastien. Now, to figure out how to formulate her response. Her words were the normal soft, and gentle way of speaking, tempered by a wisdom from a star that was millions of years old, part of the universe, connected into it's very secrets, "Hello," Of course, her words had a soft delivery, natural pauses as she carefully put her responses together, thinking out the sounds carefully before being spoken, to make sure she got the words right, particularly as she was still at the stage of needing to mimic the sounds rather than fully understanding them as words.

She was at a precarious stage in her learning.

Understanding there was communication, only just starting to get that these sounds had more meaning than just to be mimicked. That changing how they are ordered would change the sentence completely, "No," she agreed, as she quietly wracked her brain for the sound to designate where she lived. Home. Jane used home. "Home is Solterra. With Jane." There was another pause, her gaze turning to the heavens, and for a moment that homesickness was gutwrenching, was horrifying, almost crippling, "I . . . from stars." She added, her gaze watching the twinkling of laughter from Mercury, the way other stars seemed to twinkle, and she could almost imagine them laughing in merriment at her predicament.

Had she had a stronger grasp on her magic, she'd have felt that laughter.

But she was still dismissing much of it, had yet to realize that she was pulled back into the embrace of the universe, part of the secrets once more. She had yet to reconnect on a much deeper level. She turned back to Sebastien instead, smiling warmly again, her pink gaze seeming to twinkle like that same starry sky above. "I am The Veil Nebula." She added, in introduction, dipping her head lightly, Veil." She added, giving the shorter version with ease. The one sentence that always came naturally, and always with the identifier that made it clear what it meant that she came from the stars. Not Veil Nebula, never just Veil Nebula. She was THE Veil Nebula.

She'd just had a face lift, after that black hole so long ago.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Sebastien
Notes:: I really need to write out what words she knows and what ones she does not haha
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta