Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - darkness falls

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline ali [PM] Posts: 1 — Threads: 1
Signos: 230
Inactive Character

Requiem

some days i am the flower
some days i am the rain

B
eing alone in a new place was ... disconcerting. Having forged her own path within the borders of Caeleste and forging strong bonds and friendships, suddenly being without them left an empty feeling in Requiem's chest. The silence was what got to her most often. No longer were her days filled with Nymphadora's endless chatter and flirtatious giggles, the squeaking hinges on the heavy wooden door as customers came and went, the deep baritone of Fergus' moo, or Fang's cheerful greetings. Life ... felt utterly empty now. There was no question in the girl's mind that she needed to pick herself up and start over again, but it wasn't an easy task. So many things had changed in such a short time that she didn't know where to even begin.

Sighing, Requiem glanced up at the sky. It had only been a few hours since she had escaped Caeleste and entered whatever place she was in now. The sun had begun to sink below the horizon casting shades of deep red, gold, and dark purples. The first of the stars were beginning to appear and a quarter moon was already taking the sun's place in the sky. Those celestial bodies, however, did not hold the answer to the question that was plaguing her mind. Where? How? Why? How many more times? The corners of her mouth pulled down as a frown settled on her pale face.

With the setting of the sun and darkness approaching, her decision had been made for her. Shelter would be where she started. She needed to find a safe place to stay for the night and in the light of day she would look around and see what she could find. Maybe, just maybe, the answers she hoped for would come to her as she rested and in the morning she wouldn't feel so lost and alone. The decision made, the golden girl began her search, unwittingly headed toward the very heart of Denocte.

ooc://
ugh i'm so rusty
tag: @Israfel

pixel by relibelli