Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - I feel like a MONSTER

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 64 — Threads: 7
Signos: 50
Vagabond Tactician
Female [She/Her/Hers/They/Theirs]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  18.2 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 29  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

P a n g a e a

the secret side of me, i never let you see
i keep it caged, but i can't control it
so stay away from me, the beast is ugly

A hissing breath was the only sound I permitted myself, as I held perfectly still; in position. I had found a tree with an optimal position, had perched on a strong enough limb to hold my slight weight. My tail was coiled around the branch, while my talons clung tightly to place, my limbs carefully aligned to offer me a more bipedal stance - hooves weren't as useful for staying in a tree as my claws and talons were. I lifted my head, scenting the air, rolling the scent back towards the roof of my mouth as I tracked the odd beast at the other end of this plain. The day hadn't even begun to rise yet, and so I had the plains to myself, which meant properly hunting without these annoying herbivores getting in my way. And I was hungry, damn it. I don't remember the last time I had a fresh meal, not scraps picked at after another predator had already gotten to it.

I was starved, famished. Not the hungriest I had ever been, but the one positive attribute of that horrible white-walled prison was their willingness to keep me fed. Thankfully I was no novice at hunting, a formidable predator when I desired a nice steak. Bronto please, or perhaps some stegosaurus meat, now there was a yummy treat. Although my favorite was always Triceratops, they were lazier, had more fat, made that meat soft and delicious. Melt in your mouth. Gallimimus was always super tough of course, too much running, I think. All tough muscle. Unfortunately, this land had none of that, so I was forced to search out another means of eating. And my sights had locked onto this wire-haired, small but porky creature. I wasn't sure what it was called, but as it made odd oinking sounds amongst shuffling for roots, I was carefully cataloging all I saw about it.

Tusks where the immediate concern, would mean I would need to kill it before it could retaliate, but it appeared to be fairly large, heavy . . . I wasn't sure how much of it would be muscle versus fat, however, so I would need to error on the side of caution. Even if it was fat, if it could heft that bodyweight around, it could add power to a strike. My wings unfurled, one wing claw grasping another branch as I angled myself, and with a powerful push of my hind legs, I was in the air, mane, and tail streaming behind me, bound back to keep it contained. The metal against my throat was cold, as I swallowed in eagerness for being able to eat properly. I flew up high, hovering for a moment as my wings caught a thermal that held me aloft. Waiting for the right moment, I watched the odd, squat creature practically shove its face in its own meal before I descended in a flash of fangs, talons, and a piercing cry that was more raptor than equine.

My wings flung forward, grabbing onto the creature with the thumb claw, as I wrestled with it, hooves bouncing, angling it into position, forcing it onto its back. It retaliated, and I snarled when I felt a tusk brush against my forelimb, and I snapped my muzzle at it, before using my hind claws to rake the belly, muzzle finish the job, and the hunt was done. I hadn't realized just how hungry I was until the first bite sent me into a slight frenzy, and in thirty or forty minutes - just as the sun was starting to peek over the horizon, little was left of my meal besides fur, bone, and random bits for scavengers. Full, I was resorting to knawing at a bone, splitting it to get to the marrow within as I relaxed, feeling a little calmer now that the hunger was under control again. Shoving the bone away, I stood slowly, shaking my head so my bound mane would fall back into place, and carefully folded my wings against my spine, the membrane easily folding and tucking together, before I walked away from the meal, ignoring the sound of smaller scavengers creeping towards it.

I glanced around, fighting back a bored yawn as I traveled the plain a little more. Ruris I believe I had heard this part of the land called. A land that none of the packs of horses had taken claim to, which meant it was free to travel - and travel I would do. I'd landed on the shores of Novus less than a week ago, and had plenty to learn about still, but at least for the time being, I was being left fairly alone. Did these herbivores sense a predator in me? I wasn't complaining, I preferred my solitude anyways. And despite being an omnivore, I rarely sought to make friends with the herbivores of previous lands. These herbivores might look a little more like me, but . . . they still were nothing like me, this land was nothing like where I came from. Besides, let's be honest, I'm not one for idle chit-chat anyways . . . even if it had been terribly lonesome since Duellum and I got separated.

i feel the rage, and i just can't hold it

"Speech"
Thoughts

Notes: <3 Open for anyone who wants to come and play with her.

it's scratching on the walls, in the closet, in the halls
it comes awake and i can't control it
hiding under the bed, in my body, in my head

why won't somebody come and save me from this?

MAKE IT END!
Artwork ©Sephinta