Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - To catch a spirit [bonded quest]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 7
Signos: 15
Day Court Artisan
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Keokuk (Spirit Stag)

R y l a n

i don't wanna hear you've got a boyfriend
sometimes, you're better off alone
but if you change your mind, you know where I am
yeah, if you change your mind, you know where to find me

So this was it, or so it seemed to the stallion. His gaze slowly trailed up the mountain, following the many different paths to get to the peak. A low, slow whistle escaped his muzzle, before he shook his head, the comforting thump of a feather to his cheek reminding him he wasn't truly alone. He carried the heart and love of the tribe with him, "Still, that ain't gonna be no walk in the park. Reckon, that there is gonna be worse than meh first Vision Quest. 'N' I ain't no young, spry colt no mores." The drawl slipped quietly from his darkly tinted lips, words soft and slow, carelessly caressing the air as he grinned crookedly. Despite the travel he was going to have to do, there was an air of excitement in his heart.

He knew what was at the end of the quest after all. He'd heard stories of the bonded as soon as he got here. He knew what it would mean when he and Tyee didn't have that bond form. Tyee was a good dog, if not a little rambunctious for his very young age, but it mean something more personal was waiting for him. It was why he wasn't going to go on any ol' Quest. Not for this companion, not for this bonded. If it wasn't Tyee he was gonna speak too, it was only one other option. At the end of this quest, Keokuk had to be waiting, it just HAD to be Keo! 

So Rylan clicked his tongue to the little wolf-dog pup, calling the hybrid to heel, and the two began to climb, silence settling over the tribe raised stallion as the soft thump of the feather in his hair, the two against his leg kept him focused on his mind, his thoughts, his journey. He heard the soft whine, as the little pup grew tired at the half way mark, and the stallion lowered himself to the ground, letting the young wolf-dog climb onto his back, the pup wrapping paws around his neck, jaw planted between Ry's ears as he panted happily.

"Glad yer comfy, ya big lug. Yer kinda getting too big and heavy fer that!" He chastised the dog, only for the pup to gum at his ears. "Imma let Keokuk scare ya with them antlers of his when we find 'im!" The male grumbled, flicking his ears only for the pup to refind them. Perhaps it really was a good thing he hadn't bonded to Tyee, the pup would have driven him insane. Atleast Keokuk, while being a bit of a stick in the mud wasn't so wild like Tyee.

Though, Ry would be the first to admit how much he adored both. It was this love, this excitement that would keep him going to the top of the mountain, refusing to stop. He'd already been fasting in preparation, and as he came to the top he awkwardly side-eyed the four temples. He skirted around them respectively, not sure to handle a complete opposition to his own beliefs before he found a place to lay down, quietly building up a small fire, before tossing in the small packed bag of special herbs to induce his spirit quest, eyes closing as he breathed in the herb scented air.

'cause i don't ever wanna be your boyfriend

"Speech"
Thoughts
@None. Private Bonded Quest.
Notes: Spirit Journey time!

and never did i think that i
would be caught in the way you got me
push another girl aside and just give in

Artwork © Bingo

Day Court Artisan
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Keokuk (Spirit Stag)

R y l a n

The stallion took in a deep breath, eyes closing, even as Tyee seemed to whine over the sudden lack of action. Ry snorted softly, nudging his muzzle towards the pup that was still clinging to his back and neck, before shaking the pup off to the side, and promptly pinning the wolf-hybrid against his chest with his muzzle. The pup whined a little more before finally settling down and licking beneath his jaw as the two merely lay, and breath. And breath. And breath. And breath. And breath. And Breath. And Breath. And breath. And breath. And breath. And breath. And breath.

The colors began to leak in, even from behind his closed eyes, pastel hues that seem to distort the world around him. As he blinked his eyes open, he took a moment to look around at the pink and blue and yellow that seemed to mix together in some halo-ed, tie-dye effect across the sky. His gaze turned further around them, at the purple of the mountain, the cotton candy pink of clouds, and the very sweet taste to the air. He grinned, slowly standing up, stepping away from the still form of Tyee, from his own frozen form on the physical realm, not sparing either a glance, as his hooves carried him silently, not a step left behind in his wake.

Left behind, the dog and horse appeared to have fallen into a deep sleep, but where the dog slept silently, peacefully, Rylan's spirit was soaring. He seemed to just run, and run, and run, and run, all while breathing in, tasting that sweetness on the air. All around him the world seemed to glide past him, as if on hyper drive, and he chuckled to himself at the thought. Hyper-drive indeed. A whooshing of colors, features that he recognized in passing, that told him where his spirit was being drawn too.

He passed over the village he grew up in, seeing the frozen tribe, stopped in their tracks, in the middle of what they were doing. He paused, slowing to briefly touch the shoulder of his mother, passing through it with his muzzle, but imagining the softness she always seemed to have. Her warmth. The way she smelled. He smiled gently, soft and warm, before turning and continuing further. Towards the first place he'd had this very quest, when he was but a foal, still clumbsy in step, and stupid in thought. His steps slowed as he followed that old path, and from the corner of his eyes, he could see the gleaming form in the trees.

Shy glimpses of a powerful beast. Long, lean limb from behind a tree. Silver antlers lost among the darker hues of the branches. The occasional glimpse of a whispy form. He slowed as he approached the clearing where he'd first come across Keokuk. He stopped in the center, his gaze glancing around, curious, hopeful, eager. "Keokuk, C'mon bud, don't keep meh waitin'! I know yer here! Ain't no-one else whose gonna know about this place! Where are ya buddy?" The stallion called out, trying to keep the eager excitement from his voice, even as he spun around with a vibrant smile, delighted eyes as the sound of a large body pushed past the trees.

"Speech"
Thoughts

Artwork © Bingo

Day Court Artisan

R y l a n

Ry's grin was boundless as he took a step forward, his eyes roaming over the silvery form that ghosted through the tree edge, pushing past the grass and foliage, "Keokuk" He breathed, before his voice came louder, more joyful, "KEOKUK! It is ya! I've missed ya so much!" He whinnied before racing forward, kicking up his heels in the process, circling around the spirit stag before pressing his muzzle against Keokuk's as well, Rylan. You seem well. The spirit said quietly, his voice echoing through Rylan's mind like it had when he was younger.

Rylan chuckled, standing taller, eyes brighter, "All grown up, too! And I didn't get eaten by an'thin' either!" He stated proudly, as Keokuk rolled his eyes good-naturedly, Yes, well done on mastering the basics of survival, young one. Glad you can manage to go six years with out joining me on the spiritual realm. You've exceeded my expectations for you. The stag retorted, only half joking. There had been a point when he'd worried the colt would get into trouble, following that filly around. How the boy thought the filly would ever return his silly emotions, he had no idea.

Boy always preferred the other colts anyway . . . Even Keokuk could see that. But at least he was starting to catch onto his preferences now. Willing to admire a female, but staring at the males. Hopeless, the boy was, truly. It was lucky for him that Keokuk was going to become his bonded, he clearly needed more guidance now than at any point before. He turned towards the stallion who was practically prancing in excitement and had to keep from sighing. Yes, he would need quite a bit of time to make sure this stallion could shape up proper . . . . Find a mate, settle down, and hopefully somewhere along the way, calm down too. If such a thing was ever possible.

Rylan tilted his head, still grinning in never ending excitement, "We should be headin' back! I don't know how much longer any of this is gonna work for, ya know? It feels like I've been dreamin' for a while now." The stallion commented thoughtfully, and the stag nodded once, stepping forward and touching his muzzle to his head. Yes, time to wake up. I shall be waiting for you on that plane when you do. The stag said, even as Rylan felt his body growing heavier. and heavier, and heavier and heavier.

His head suddenly plummeted, cracking his jaw against the top of Tyee's skull, and both of them making a distressed sound. The pup scrambled back with a yip, as Ry's eyes snapped open and he rolled his jaw, trying to get the feeling back and cringing, "Oww, Tyee, yer head's harder than a rock!" He complained, slowly standing up, and blinking the last of the effects of the herbs off, You can hardly blame him for your own lack of coordination. Instantly Rylan's eyes flew open, his grin returning as he turned to face a much more solid (if one can call a whispy spirit, 'solid', version of Keokuk, "Yer here! Keokuk! Yer really here!" The stallion was once more practically dancing in place, causing the arrowhead at his chest to thump in rhythm with his movements, "This is amazing. Wait. Can I touch you here too?" He asked, rushing forward, only for his muzzle to go straight through his bonded's body, and instantly pouting, I can choose how tangible I want this form to be . . . . I prefer being more apparition, however, I suppose; on occasion, I can tolerate a more solid state of being for your benefit. The stag grew more solid as he spoke.

Rylan didn't hesitate, diving forward and embracing his oldest friend in a tight hug, his neck over Keokuk's, his muzzle pressed tightly against his shoulder, and the stag couldn't help but let out a soft, tender smile for his colt that had become a well-grown stallion, and hugged the male back.

"Speech"
Thoughts
Keokuk

Artwork © Bingo

Day Court Artisan

R y l a n

Rylan pulled away after a moment, grinning first at Keokuk, before he turned his attention to Tyee, "A'ight, I dunno 'bout ya'll, but Imma thinkin' it's 'bout time we get offa this mou'in. Whatcha think?" He asked. Tyee gave a short, quick bark, before weaving in between his legs, and Keokuk took the time to actually look around himself curiously, I think it would be wise to learn more about these . . . . beings that oversee this realm while we are here, but at this time, yes I believe we have appropriately spent our time here. Do not forget to care for the fire. Rylan grinned, nodding once, before he began to kick dirt over the fire, smothering it until the flames died down. Once the flames were extinguished, he stomped on all of the coals, breaking them up so they'd go out faster, before burying the rest of the fire pit with dirt so wind wouldn't send a random spark into a tree, or brush.

Nodding at his job well done, he turned and looked around before pointing in the direction of the path back down, "Let's head on out then. Tyee, c'mon pup. Time ta go." The stallion stated, kicking up his hooves and in a short burst of speed, raced the pup to the start of the trail down to encourage the young hybrid to follow. Keokuk smiled faintly to himself, following at a more sedate face, his head held high, regal as he watched over his young charge (who wasn't so young anymore), and the pup. Rylan was heading down now at a more sedate pace, glancing back occasionally to make sure Keokuk was still there, that he hadn't disappeared yet. The spirit animal smiled fondly, shaking his head once, but understood it would take his bonded time to really accept he was here now.

The magic of Novus had gifted this to them. No more was his teachings and visits limited to the dreams while Rylan slept. Now, he could walk by his side, and perhaps . . . that was just as exciting to him as it surely was to Rylan. Ry slowed, allowing himself to walk at Keokuk's side, his gaze watching Tyee carefully to make sure the pup wouldn't get hurt, occasionally calling the youth back when he would get to far, "So, I reckon, our next step here in Novus is gonna be figurin' out a home. I got an idea about that though . . . Heard about a cer'ian place. Thinkin' we need to head to the North-East, towards Solterra, 'n' see what we can find there. Sound good?" The stallion asked as they finally reached the bottom of the mountain, the travel down a lot easier than heading up.

Keokuk looked in that direction, before nodding once, curious to see if the land would be as pleasant as the male hoped. Lead the way, I shall follow. Although like my tangibility, I am able to control how much of my appearance is visible, so do not be surprised if I am hidden from view to anyone else we may come across. The stag warned before all three turned and began to head to Solterra, with Rylan and Keokuk walking side by side, and only leaving one set of footprints, and Tyee eagerly running ahead.

"Speech"
Thoughts
Keokuk
Notes: And Closed. A little more focus on Keokuk in this one xP

Artwork © Bingo