Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - In the Quiet

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 16 — Threads: 4
Signos: 0
Night Court Citizen
Male [He/Him]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: Charismatic Influence  |    Bonded: N/A

To hold my tongue except when I try to pray...

The streets are full of celebration and merriment as the gathering to announce a new leader for Denocte dissipates. These streets are alive with a steady hum of voices and jovial banter. They always were alive, and vibrant. These are the home he has missed for so long. A new era is forging its way into the future for Caligo's court. The laugher of children fills the air as they race through the alleys that are dimly illuminated by fires burning in torches outside the homes of the citizens. Reinhart inhales the familiar scent of wet wood and decay of the alleys he still knows better than anyone. Guards eye him warily as he passes. Even their unwelcome glances feel like home to him. 

It is a comfort he has not known for quite some time. He spent the last year of his absence with someone he believed to be the love of his life. Reinhart intended to spend the rest of their lives together until they grew apart. It was a mutual decision, but his heart still aches. There is an empty space inside of him now where Evander used to be. The memory of his touch fades with each passing day. Reinhart misses the freedom he had outside of the walls of Novus. The freedom he likely would not get while he was under the thumb of his house. His parent's disapproval of his partners would never wane. He had accepted this fact long ago, but perhaps it was time to start making waves. The kind of waves that shook traditions right down to their core. The kinds of waves made the heavens tremble in awe.

Reinhart wishes he was that kind of man. Ezra! Ezra! A child chants gleefully as they race past him in the dark alleyway. He pauses to smile at the welcome he is receiving now that he is home.

... try to breathe words out, But I’ve got nothing to say