Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - Give it up for you [Immortality Quest]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
but now you make me wanna live forever 
all that runnin', gonna give it up for you 
nothing ever get me high like you do
She gasped in faux shock.

"How dare you!" She laughed, her tone light, teasing; no real anger or upset, just humor. "I will have you know, I'm super easy to keep out of trouble." She fibbed with ease, even as she smiled at him. Of course, it didn't stop her from giving some reassurance. She smiled softly, "I understand . . . I really do . . ." She said quietly, softly, "But I'm figuring it out slowly. I promise. As soon as I have a real answer for you . . . I will let you know." She looked up at him, her gaze soft, tender, "I can't promise what it will be . . ." The was a pause, a hesitation, a shyness, "But . . . what ever this was between us . . . it has changed. I know there is something there. I just need to name where I'm at. So you . . . we . . . know where the next steps forward will be."

She smiled softly, before looking away again.

Of course the idea of the filly being worse, had the mare laughing, lightening, "Well, I look forward to encouraging her." She teased, using her tail to sweep the little filly against her side, the movement an instinctual one she last remembered from when her mother would pull her close. A maternal movement that reminded her that the situation between she and Sol would also now include the little one between them. Of course, when spoke, she had to keep from laughing at his ide eyes, at the reaction he gave. His soft smile, the brush of his muzzle against her side told her she'd said the write things finally, soothing some of those worries she held.

If this is what it could be like.

It wouldn't be so bad. Nothing really changing, just a name put to the emotions she had suppressed as an over active imagination, as nothing, as merely being friends. "I don't know, you're always a little on the stubborn side . . . I think it comes from your desire to protect." She smiled softly, her eyes glittering, "Of course, you're not the only one who can protect now. I am a rather powerful battlemage after all the training I've done. Can't hardly fight myself, but I'm a force of magic."

The change of air temperature caught her attention.

Glancing over she noted Sol's move, the concern for Jiri, and she silently let her magic take control of the air, breaching the molecules of water in the atmosphere, the air. Slowly she allowed the water in the air to heat up, bringing the cave to a warmer temperature, something easier for the little foal to be in, a little warmer than she preferred, but ideal for their tiny travelling companion. She dropped the temperature of her own vapors in response, to let her be a little cooler.

When they finally reached the top, she wasn't sure he'd let her go.

She saw it in his gaze, the struggle, but his words were what she wanted. He took a step closer, before nodding, letting her go. She took a moment, a leap of faith and pressed her forehead to his, her eyes closing, "I'll be right back. I'll be safe. She won't hurt me." Her eyes opened again, pulling back as she winked, "I'm one of her precious Treaders, after all." And she was here for her. She moved forward, before touching the water.

Yuki however was watching Sol.

When he moved, his daughter nipping, Yuki moved too, coiling between his legs and purring softly in reassurement, for once wishing she could communicate to more than just her bonded. But as the light died down, she felt her own relief, feeling the magic touching the mare, her eyes bright, forever with the mare sounded lovely.

Bel smiled reassuringly to the two.

Though as Sol pressed against her, she nuzzled him softly, feeling him shaking, but his words had her pausing, turning her head to look up at him, smiling at the wink, at the meaning behind them, "Eternity . . . huh? Think you can really tolerate me and my crazy adventures that long?" She asked softly, leaning against him for a little extra support as her own heart slowed, her own limbs found their footing. She nuzzled Jiri apologetically, "I hope I didn't scare you, Little Love . . . Let's get out of here, yeah?" She asked, biting back a yawn from where the connection to her Sea Empresses had zapped energy, "I could use a nap . . . maybe in the reef this time." She added, her eyes partially closed as she let Yuki climb back to her lap, and she headed out of the temple with the filly and stallion, walking with the small group to the entrance of the cave, their adventure more than enough to hold her over for a while.

Though, maybe next time, she could sneak off somewhere with just Sol.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam @Alfajiri
Notes:: <3

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol Bestiam

Sol choked on his laughter as she fibbed about being easy to keep out of trouble, nearly doubling over. "My Bel... You are a magnet for trouble. I thought we said total honestly." He choked out, laughing and feeling infinitely lighter for it. Then the mood softened and he felt a moment of regret that Jiri was in earshot. "I may not like the time, but I do understand. I think my fear of being turned away is what has me the most anxious." He answered, reaching out again. There was a breath of calm that swept over the stallion and he felt some of his fear ebb away.

"Oh goodness... My girls are going to kill me yet." He snorted as he watched the motherly touch of her fluke. It was hard to not comment, to not fall in love with her further for accepting the filly as well.

Sol laughed again, though this time it was more genuine and honest without the pain. "I cant argue the stubborn side... but it also comes with being determined to be better than the colt I was before. And I think I got a taste of that magic last time." He teased, remembering the fury from the meeting with her a week and a half ago.

The filly between them sighed as the air warmed a touch, growing more comfortable as she traveled with the adults. Sol glanced over at Bel, nodding a silent thank you to the mare. He had a feeling that she had to fine tune the magic use, and it made him realize she was probably more powerful than he even realized.

There was something about the way she pressed her forehead to his, something that tore at him. Yep... She had his heart in her hooves. It was still a massive struggle, but he had to trust that she would be ok. Had to let go of the need to keep her safe.

When Jiri nipped his shoulder, he noted that Yuki was also there to stop him. The purr caught his attention and he dropped his gaze to the serpent. Maybe there was hope for them to trust one another... eventually. "I am doing my best... I dont want her to get hurt, but i can promise to never intentionally hurt her again either." He murmured to the creature, hoping that this might open a new chapter between them. Before he could continue, Bel was back to his side.

"I dont think that eternity will be long enough. But I am thankful I get to walk it with you." He answered, watching her gather herself and supporting her however he could. Jiri hugged her aunt... would she continue to be aunt as time passed? The filly seemed to shake thoughts from her head and leaning in to the hug.

"I wasnt scared, like daddy... It was beautiful!" She exclaimed before settling in between the pair to walk back out. Sol shook his head with a chuckle. He was ready if Bel needed more support, but he was going to let her stand on her own hooves as she wanted.

"You better not pull my mistake and disappear for too long... " He answered to her remark about nap. Sol was worried for her, but he wanted her to know he wouldnt push either. But he definitely wanted to be able to speak to her without the filly butting in as well. Darn good thing the filly was also adorable.

@Below Zero
"Sol Words" "Jiri Words"
Notes:

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 214 — Threads: 26
Signos: 260
Dusk Court Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 50 — Exp: 88  |    Active Magic: Hydrokinesis  |    Bonded: Yukime (Ice Serpent)

B e l o w Z e r o
but now you make me wanna live forever 
all that runnin', gonna give it up for you 
nothing ever get me high like you do
His laughter had her smiling.

This was what made their frie- er, relationship easy. The way it could just be so natural between them. A closeness, a tenderness that made her feel right with the world. She giggled softly at his words, ignoring the way her heart pitched at his possessive title for her. There was something about those two words, in his soft voice that made her heart skip a beat, made her body feel light, fuzzy, and it was small signs like that, while with him that was helping with the difficult decision she has. "Oh, I suppose you're right, I am a bit of a trouble magnet," She admitted, before the mood shiftened, and at his words she smiled softly, "Thank you." The soft words left her, and she briefly brushed her muzzle against his neck, "I would . . . never turn you away. I promise." She whispered softly, staring up at him, cyan eyes meeting gold with a swirl of emotions.

His words, that possessive quality.

He needed to stop before she developed heart palpitations. Yet, she didn't want him to stop either. She liked that aspect of him. That he actually wanted, she liked that there was someone out there willing to close to distance, to grab her and hold her close, not want to risk her getting away. She liked that finally, she could feel important again. She was important again. And this time, it was an importance that was so much more precious than anything previous. Because this time, when she looked at him, when she looked up at Sol, she knew with the way his gaze watched, with the way he fretted over her safety, he wouldn't be turned astray. He wouldn't leave her side because a larger coucil beckoned.

When did she start planning him at her side.

She nuzzled the foal softly, even if she couldn't tear her gaze from Sol's molten gold, her smile soft, peaceful, a touch more accepting with every passing moment. It was almost like being with the pod again, and that thought had her hugging the filly all the closer, had her tugging Sol's mane gently. She had forgotten what it felt like to belong to a closer knit group than just a large Court system. When did Sol, and Jiri become part of her and Pol's tiny pod?

She grinned softly when he admitted that he was still stubborn.

She couldn't help but laugh at his words on her magic, her eyes glinting, playful, wild, "I promise you, that little taste of magic wasn't anything like what I can do." She paused, her gaze shifting, apologetic now, "And . . . I am sorry I let myself get worked up enough to ever use it against you." She added, still remembering that anger, the fright she'd felt when she realized what she'd done, how it could have hurt Jiri in the process.

If she hadn't had such good control, what it might have done.

The shift in the air had the filly sigh, and Bel's gaze dropped to Jiri, smiling to see her looking more comfortable. At Sol's silent thank you, she smiled gently, a soft rolling shrug of her shoulders, as if to say it was no problem. Like picking apart the molecules of the air around them was a walk in the park. For her, it kinda was becoming that way. But as they reached where she needed to go, she knew this would be the hardest part, to walk alone.

She searched his gaze, reassuring before turning towards where the magic called.

Yuki was surprised at his words, but she strengthened the purring in response, and ever so briefly, she brushed her ice-encrusted head against his feathered limb, being careful not to accidentally hurt him with any of the sharp edges, a slight crooning chirp being made in response. As long as he didn't hurt the mare again, not purposely, she could grow to tolerate the beast. She knew this development was coming. She'd teased Bel about it for a while. But that didn't mean she was happy about the hurt he'd placed on her bonded mare for the last few months.

But everyone makes mistakes.

Bel laughed, her eyes warm, tender as she nuzzled him quietly, "Not even eternity will be long enough, hmm? You've become sappy with your confessions" She teased gently, "But, I'll always be there. Promise." She added softly, standing slowly even as Jiri hugged her again, and Bel pulled the filly all the closer, "Oh, daddy was scared was he?" She asked, looking up to Sol, a slight change in her expression, apologetic but thankful, knowing how hard it must have been for him to keep back, relieved that he showed the trust in her to do so."

The walkout was easier than in, of course.

"I most definitely will not disappear for too long." She assured gently, slowing as she reached the edge of the cave entrance. She nuzzled Jiri, puffing a breath of air against the foal's forehead, "You be good for Daddy, don't go teasing him too much. She instructed gently, before her gaze lifted up to Sol. She paused, hesitating, suddenly not wanting to go, but instead she pressed her cheek against his neck, a soft touch, "Be on the lookout for my message?" She said gently, pulling back to look up at him, her gaze a little softer, personal, delicate, "I won't keep you waiting for long."

She paused, long enough to press her muzzle to his, before she turned and headed to the sea.

"Bel"
Yukime
@Sol Bestiam @Alfajiri
Notes:: One last post from you and we DONE

[Image: i-jTNwWx8.png]

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 143 — Threads: 21
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Blacksmith
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Summer]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 49  |    Active Magic: Solar Manipulation  |    Bonded: Telum (Dragon)

Sol Bestiam

Every touch was a jolt to the stallion’s system, a shock of her cool to his warm. "You may be a magnet for trouble, but I wouldn’t change a thing about you. You are perfect just the way that you are." He murmured back as his eyes softened. Her next words soothed some of the fear from his heart and he could do nothing but smile at the mare.

Jiri hummed as Bel nuzzled her, smiling up at the mare with pure love in her eyes. She adored the aquatic creature already. As she stepped closer, Sol did as well. The stallion let his wing drift open enough to caress the mare’s back, grinning as she tugged his mane.

Sol snorted as he watched her eyes light up. "Good to know… Perhaps you are stronger with your magic, but I still have the brute force." He winked as he responded before the shift in her features caught his attention. "Bel… You don’t need to be sorry. No harm was done and I probably deserved the warning that you are not someone that needs saving. I understand and do not hold any resentment toward you." He murmured softly, pressing his muzzle to her neck.

The magic had been intense, similar to when he was touched by the auroras. The reaction from Yuki eased some of his discomfort at being close to the strange creature. Perhaps they would at least become decently civil to each other rather than the aloof reactions each had carried.

Sol shook his head as she teased him. "No matter what… I will be at your side. The nice thing about immortality is that we have all of he time in the world to figure everything out." He responded before Jiri could nod her head and giggle. Sol ruffled her mane and snorted softly as they turned to leave. During the walk, Jiri started to yawn and snuggle closer to Bel. 

"Stay safe." Sol murmured as she pressed to his neck. He would wait for her for eternity if that was what it took and as she bid Jiri good bye, his heart clenched. One final touch, and she headed toward the sea. Kneeling down, he encouraged Jiri to get on his back. The massive stallion lifted into the air with strong beats of his wings, watching Bel for a few moments before heading home.

@Below Zero
"Sol Words" "Jiri Words"
Notes: And closed <3

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »