Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - a personal journey.

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Mallory [PM] Posts: 3 — Threads: 1
Signos: -5
Vagabond Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 502 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Zelda

This is not a goodbye.

Mortal realms had always been a curiosity for her. She had never dared to traverse any of them while she existed in the heavens; after all, she had existed for eons without actively interfering with the souls that prayed to her. It had always been her way, to remain unseen and far out of reach of her worshippers. All Zelda could see was strife once immortals got involved in the realms of the frail, perishable creatures that claimed the celestial beings like herself were deities. She had watched her fellow celestials meddle in the affairs of mortals, sowing chaos and destruction in their wake. Some had good intentions, but the earthly creatures had such a jealous streak.

Besides, her first impression of the mortal world had not been a good one. Because of them, her other half was gone - banished into a temporal existence without knowing who they truly were. Cursed to forever be incomplete without their soulmate. 

At first, Zelda held a deep, burning grudge against the mortals she found herself existing among. They were, after all, the source of all her pain and despair. Or at least, that's what Zelda told herself for the first handful of weeks she existed. Weeks? Days? Years? She wasn't quite sure, to be honest. Time was a silly thing to an immortal, and hard to keep track of when one had a singular goal in mind. Zelda knew she had existed, in this physical form, for quite some time. She had existed not as a goddess, but as a regular creature, long enough to figure out the universal language and appropriate customs that all nations seemed to respect. By pretending to be a demure, lost noble lady, she was able to survive while on her hunt in plain sight. When some became suspicious about her agelessness, Zelda simply moved on: vanishing in the night without a trace, lest any suspecting mortal tried to follow. Certain lands stripped her immortality from her at times, much to her alarm and chagrin. Zelda did not linger in those lands for very long.

This land was no different, at first. The blue and purple mare was content to lazily stroll through the whisper golden grass of the vast plains that stretched around her. The last rays of the sun's dying glow proved enough light for Zelda to navigate more treacherous paths while the first stars of the night sky glimmered over her head. She spared a sad smile for them, though grateful for her sisters and brothers' distant companionship. The thin chiffon draped over her frame rustled in the summer's breeze, though the breeze was still quite warm and offered no relief from the lingering heat of the day. Despite the normality around here, there was something that piqued Zelda's interest. Energy emanated from the ground, the trees, the creatures all around her, and the wind carried a taste of magic on its wings. This realm, whatever it may be, possessed magic - perhaps strong enough to reawaken her dormant abilities someday. Though most importantly, it offered perhaps the brightest glimmer of hope. Hope blossomed in her chest, despite her best attempts to not allow her enthusiasm to run wild. 

For if there was magic, her other half had to be close.

tagged: n/a
notes: ooof I am rusty.
"Zelda's speech!" Zelda's thoughts!

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
The star felt a stirring.

It was a whisper in the cosmos, a shift in the very atoms of the universe that kept everything bound together. The very same universe she was a part of. The very ions that connected her with something bigger. The stars twinkled, as if trying to clue her in on whatever secret it was they wanted to share with the former nebula . . . but Veil hadn’t yet crossed back into that channel, she was not yet reawakened to the gift of communing with the grand scheme of things, of being able to swap stories with the stars, of being privy to the secrets.

So instead, she followed the guidance she felt.

The magic with in her that spurred her forward, that helped her adjust, that edged her in a direction that would make things . . . not . . . better, familiar? Yes, that was the emotion bubbling up in her chest. Cool, dark. Black. Twinkling. Sky. The feelings and emotions swirled through her head, the best form of thoughts she could produce with such a small grasp on language. She followed these emotions though, followed them through the plains, searching for what she might find. It was the tricky part of a magic of premonitions, of future telling, of reading the universe . . . it was as mysterious as the great beyond.

But then, she saw something.

Something . . . familiar, but not. The nebula-turned-horse tilted her head,before great wings brought her to the earth, hooves coming to the ground lightly. She tossed back her forelock, as pink galaxy-hued eyes took in the figure at a distance, curious. Galactic dust rolled off of her, as the star in her chest, in place of her heart, fed her body with a mixture of blood and radiation, burning off fuel as was natural. Slowly the star approached, wondering what drew her, what felt familiar, but not about this mare who looked as much as she did to be of the sky . . . of the stars.

A quiet, questioning sound left her muzzle.

Not a word, she couldn’t do words, but an inquiry none the less, as the galactic mare approached the other being, head tilted to the side, but features gracious, gentle, but curious. Who was she?

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Zelda
Notes:: Don't mind the sweet star, yeah?
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Played by Offline Mallory [PM] Posts: 3 — Threads: 1
Signos: -5
Vagabond Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 502 Summer]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

This is not a goodbye.

S
he felt the pull of magic. Its very presence made her itch and her bones ache, though it made Zelda long for the magic she had lost long ago despite the discomfort. It was so close, yet so far. Despite her attempts to stir it, her former magic did not come to her. A soft sigh escaped Zelda, a subtle frown turning her lips. What a wonder it would have been if this new realm had granted her magic back to her. She had been wandering the mortal plane without it for so long, hobbled in her search for her beloved without it. Disappointment blossomed in her chest, spurring Zelda to continue on her path.

Perhaps it was too much to hope for, but someday her circumstances might change. 

Her hapless train of thought is interrupted by a shift of color out of the corner of her eye. An abrupt splash of color against the vibrancy of summer, in the few precious moments it takes for Zelda's delicate skull to swivel she's already deduced it most certainly would not be from flowers. It was too tall, moving too quickly - wait, what? The mare's pale eyes blinked owlishly, startled by what her gaze fell upon. Steely blue eyes peer unabashedly at the creature that had approached from the sky. A swirl of pinks and purples, the other mare is slightly smaller yet despite that Zelda cannot help but be entranced by the stardust that trails behind her. She is a stranger, yet familiar; everything in Zelda's bones tells her to be on guard while also telling her this unknown soul is family.

Despite the confusion warring in her chest, the cosmic mare offered the other a subtle tilt of her head. Ignoring the swaying of the heavy blue stones that keep her veil in place, a cautious smile curled Zelda's lips. Her subconscious advises caution, but Zelda found herself drawn to the galactic pegasus as though she was an old friend. Perhaps she was? "Hello," she began, her voice a gentle lilt. "I'm afraid I let my mind wander too much and am a bit lost. Do you know where I am?"

tagged: @Veil Nebula
notes: ooof I am rusty.
"Zelda's speech!" Zelda's thoughts!

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
The former nebula tilted her head.

It was curious, a subtle motion as she watched the odd mare as she approached, gaze taking in the shining quality of the mare. She felt familiar, but different. Something spoke of home, of comfort and awareness, a connection that whispered in the back of her mind, desperately wishing she could make the connection, understand it, see it, connect it. But the wires were unconnected, the cables cut, the connection incomplete as she watched the mare turn towards her, watching her. A deep resonating echoed in the star's chest.

The mare then spoke.

It was a usual balance of attempting to make a connection, a need to understand what was said. The greeting noise was easy to recognize, she knew it well now. Could repeat it herself, to offer her own greeting. But then a series of other words, noises. It was moments like this that made Veil aware of how far she had to go. Where the mare spoke so many words, to Veil, it was merely, 'I'm - I - my - - - - - am a - -. - you - - I am?' Thankfully her magic could help fill in the gaps. Lost. Unknown. Distraction. Unfamiliar. Lost. Lost and Unfamiliar. Blue and White and Blue and White and Blue and White. Lost. The colors and emotions swirled through her thoughts, helping her to understand.

Slowly the words came to life.

The mare was distracted, now isn't sure where she is. Veil looked around herself, ears flicking for a moment, thoughtful, wondering how to explain, how to talk. Her words were halting, putting together the few words she knew to help the other.
Sea of Grass?" She offered, almost shyly, before pointing to the east, helpfully;
Solterra. Home." She added, explaining what was in that direction, before her muzzle dipped to the south, to where the mountain was,
Rock." She paused, as if trying to remember the noise she'd heard for that place, it came to her after a moment, though was repeated awkwardly, not understood, not known, just parrotted back,
Moun-tayne."

It was the best she could offer.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Zelda
Notes:: <3
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta