Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Worship  - a means to an end .

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 42 — Threads: 17
Signos: 215
Day Court Merchant
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Heat Manipulation  |    Bonded: Enyo (Indoraptor)

IT MUST BE LONELY
when you're up there looking down

He wonders if Solis is truly up there anymore . If any of them are .

It had been something he had mulled over the entirety of his trip back to the Peak , all the while Enyo chattering in his ear in her own special way , an as he felt their bond strengthen and grow .

If Solis really was up there , was it in some grand divine plan to actually let him take over Solterra anyway , even after kicking his statue ? Though he probably isn't the first that had kicked his statue , and probably won't be the last . Probably the first that had kicked it and decided ' well , screw it , I'm going to go ahead and go challenge for Sovereign then ' right afterward .

Leviathan mulls over the words as he makes the increasingly familiar trek up the mountain , hooves picking around rocks so he has a more smooth gait , until he comes to a halt before the statues . The golden shine of Solis' statue is almost obnoxious compared to the other three , and he almost laughs . No wonder so many in Novus eye them , think of them as some warmongering and bloodthirsty state . No wonder so many think of them as proud and egotistical .

He's here to change that , or at least , Sovereign to change that .

The titan steps up to the statue , and lifts a hoof . Carefully , he knocks against the golden base of it , a mimic of how he had so loudly kicked it the first time . A mockery . This time he's not here to scream at the statue , but he's still here to be an asshole to Solis , in many many ways . After all , his track record with deities isn't nice , because they've never been nice to him in the first place . He has no reason to be nice to Solis when Solis had never come down to help Solterra , a court that had supposedly been his people .

" Guess you must humor me , if you let me become Sovereign , huh ? " Between his ears , Enyo emerges , crawling down his face and settling on the end of his nose as he lifts his head , ensuring the small infant doesn't fall . She tilts her head curiously , bright yellow eyes fixated intelligently on the golden statue before the two of them . " Or maybe you're just waiting to see me topple from this crown . Wouldn't be the first time , you know , so whatever kicks you get from it , it's no skin off my nose if it happens . But someone had to do something . Solterra was dying , and no one was helping her . Adonai was gone , your chosen was gone . There's still a lot of missing bodies , ya know ? A lot of missing Solterrans that haven't come back , and maybe they won't come back . And as stupid as this is , maybe you can help . Now don't think I'm praying to you , because I'm not . But if you give any shit to your court or your people , maybe you'll think about it , or .. whatever it is you do up there with your head in the clouds with your siblings and what have you . Who knows . Maybe all of you left Novus , too . It's been quiet everywhere . "

Leviathan grunts . His anger has long since simmered , and he shakes his head a little , just a tiny shift of his head before he lets Enyo climb back up to between his ears , to twist her claws into his mane and chirp at him , their bond humming with happiness . He can't help but wonder how she stares at the statue , and wonders what she thinks of Solis , or the other gods here . Does she know them ? She's smart , he gets that much from her , but she's still so young , and their bond is still only surges of emotions and flares of sounds .

He smiles , a strange expression as she fills the bond with happiness and her version of laughter as she clambors down his neck and to his back , running down to his haunches so she can play with his tail as he turns away .

And to stare at the statue some more , and maybe to look at the other statues , tipping her head this way and that , chirping softly , maw opening and closing curiously .

@