Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Hey honey, I'm on my way

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 7
Signos: 15
Day Court Artisan
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Keokuk (Spirit Stag)

R y l a n

the car won't start, it's falling apart
i was late for work and the boss got smart
my panty line shows, got a run in my hose
my hair went flat, man, i hate that

This had been a journey. At some point, Keokuk had faded from view, not that Ry can blame him much, there certainly wasn't much to see. All around him was sage brush, and desert. Hotter than he ever remembered being. Tyee was now panting, carefully walking beneath his own massive bulk. Ry wasn't a tall stallion, but he was a respectable 16.2 hands, and he was built fairly thick, more on the side of power and muscle gained from hard work, and for the hybrid pup, that was good enough to give him plenty of room and shade. Rylan himself had no such protection, and as midday approached, the sun reaching the zenith, he had to take a pause.

"Keokuk, bud, ya there?" Almost instantly, in response, the animal spirit flickered back into the mortal realm, bowing his great antlers, his form partially see through, but looking soooo much cooler than where they were currently. Briefly the stallion wondered if Keokuk would feel cool if he walked through him, What ever you're thinking. . . Stop. Instantly Rylan was giving his Bonded, his absolute best halo look, eyes wide and innocent and a sweet smile to his muzzle, "Who me? Why, I ain't thinkin' nuthin' Keo! I'm just a haggard traveler waitin' ta find the next rest stop. Ya think we're any closer ta this Day Court village?" The stallion asked with a cheeky grin.

The stag eyed him once before snorting and turning away. Where the stallion was far more carefree, bright and kind, the stag was definitely the more level headed and calm of the two. Not surprising considering the age of the animal guise. I'm not stupid, your 'innocent' act couldn't fool a fawn. You'll get there faster if we keep going. We've been heading North East, from that mountain peak, so we'll get there when we get there. Come along, the longer you wait, the harder it will be to keep going.

Rylan visibly was pouting, even as he started following the silver glowing spirit, beneath him Tyee was whining at having to get up at walk again as well. The walk continued for another stretch, as the sun peaked at noon, before beginning the climb down again. It was about mid afternoon, perhaps 3 or 4 based on the sun on the horizon when Rylan let our a joyous whoop, "Look at that there, up over yonder! I see green, 'n' that means plants! 'N' anythin' that green gotta have some water nearby! Let's go!" Both dog and stag stared in disbelief as the previously pouting stallion (who had been dragging his hooves no less for the last hour) was suddenly bounding ahead in a burst of energy.

Ry didn't even let them wait up, instead he straight for the watering hole, and jumped right in with little more than a "Yeehaw!" He resurfaced, shaking his dark mane from his cream face, turquoise eyes shining in delight as he grinned towards his Bonded and pet dog, "Now this is what I'm ta'kin'bout!" he declared, pulling himself out of the water enough to lay down in the shallows with a happy sigh, "Why don't we get some shut eye here tonight, go the rest of the way in the morn?" He suggested, his tone already suggesting this was his plan, and there would be no swaying him.

Keokuk sighed, watching Tyee dive in with his master, barking and howling as he played in the water, "C'mon Keokuk. Lighten up a bit. It'll be fine! The water's gggreeeaaat" The spirit bonded's only response was to disappear from view, leaving the stallion pouting, "Keo!!! Come back 'ere and hang out!" The stallion looked to Tyee who was wagging his tail and lapping at the water now, "Yeah, Keo was purty rude, huh?" He asked the oblivious wolf-dog before shrugging and relaxing the tired, hot muscles from traveling in the cool water. Keo would come back eventually.

honey, i'm home and i had a hard day

"Speech"
Thoughts
Keokuk
@open to any!!
Notes: Ry Ry being cute <3 typed on my phone, so Grammer and spelling errors likely.

pour me a cold one and oh, by the way
rub my feet, give me something to eat
fix me up my favorite treat

Artwork © Bingo

Played by Offline Elidhu [PM] Posts: 16 — Threads: 4
Signos: 0
Night Court Citizen
Male [He/Him]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: Charismatic Influence  |    Bonded: N/A

To hold my tongue except when I try to pray...

Far, far from Denocte sits an oasis in the desert known as Solterra. It is coveted by the inhabitants who claim that Solis keeps an ever-watchful eye on the desert city. Reinhart isn't so sure about the existence of any gods, despite so many pointing out that magic was a gift from them. He didn't believe in magic. His slender gray form does not stand out any more than the usual stone as he moves through the sands of the oasis. It is a trek back to Denocte, at least a few days. Reinhart has found some solace in the fact that his parents seem to have left Novus for the time being, undoubtedly looking for him. They can't have their prodigal son straying too far from Novus without their permission. They would be even less keen that he left and did not tell them why. A smile slides across his face as he nears the oasis. There are the sounds of voices chirping above the rolling dunes of Solterra.

Reinhart pauses his movement atop one of the nearby Dunes and is nearly thrust into a collision with a buckskin with a ghost and a dog at his side. He feels the way his face is frozen in awe at the sight of a spiritual creature. The gray bronc stares after the trio until one of them vanishes and the equine proclaims his intentions to stay and rest in the Oasis. Reinhart struggles to compose himself, having both nearly been run over and the fact that there was now undeniable proof that spirits were very real. He finds himself drifting toward the stranger and his dog, albeit his movements are cautious. A real spirit. The thought alone was enough to give the usually skeptical man pause.

"I'd be careful of staying in that water too long if I were you. Some of the Solterrans claim that there are creatures often fond of biting..." He speaks up as he draws a few feet closer. Reinhart can almost feel the familiar tug of Vogelstein's looming eyes as he has his back turned to where the city stood. "Was that a ghost with you just now??" He can't help but ask the question that has jarred his entire belief system.  Novus wasn't known for ghosts, was it? Maybe the rules were different in other realms. They certainly had been with Evander.

@Rylan
>__> I couldn't resist.

... try to breathe words out, But I’ve got nothing to say

Day Court Artisan
Male [He/Him/His]  |  10 [Year 501 Spring]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Keokuk (Spirit Stag)

R y l a n

There is certainly truth in the idea that single-mindness can lead to tunnel vision. Rylan was exhausted, hot, having travelled up, and down the mountain before heading out this way all in the span of a day and a half - near constant travel except for the time he'd been on the vision quest - and even then he'd been travelling throughout that in his detached point of view. So, he'd be the first to admit he may have almost ran someone over, over looked their presence in a desperate bid to get to the water.

Now, however, he felt like an idiot for overlooking the tall, ashy stranger that was approaching. Rylan was a polite boy, his mama made sure to raise him up well, but that didn't stop him from doing a slow scan of the approaching stallion - the taller stallion was more than just a little attractive. He was rather striking if the young buckskin was being honest. Not that he'd admit that out loud, he had more charm than to just start flirting like some fuck boy. Besides, Rylan wasn't the type for flings anyways, he wanted the real deal. Romance that fades after a few months just wasn't his idea of a future. He wanted soul-shattering, earth-stopping, mountain-moving love.

But he knew that took work too, and doesn't come at you, blown in on the westward wind, so instead he kept his cool, his grin kind and easy as he tilted his head at the stranger's cautious words. Creatures fond of biting huh? Rylan immediately turned towards the water, that grin falling with a sense of concern - less for himself, and more for the pup still playing in the water. He let out a shrill, low whistle, that had Tyee lifting his head, tongue lolling out, before racing towards him. Rylan rolled to his feet, as he nudged Tyee further out of the deeper water, "Huh, creature fond o' bitin'? We talkin' fish, or som'in' a might bigger?" The stallion asked, his attention returning to the stranger now that Tyee would be further out from anything that might be in the waters.

Then the other spoke again, asking about Keokuk, and Rylan couldn't help it. His laugh fell from his muzzle the same way his words did, full of energy and life. Though where his words were slower, sweeter with his drawl, his laugh was crisper, "Nah, Keokuk ain't no ghost . . . er," He pauses at the thought, frowning faintly, "Er, well, I don't think he is? Oye! Keo, but, gotta question fer ya! Yer not a ghost, right?" The stag slowly appeared, his form growing more solid, until the sand was pushing around hooves, and there was the faintest sway of his fur in a slight breeze, We went over this when you were a foal. I'm a spirit guide, not a ghost. Similar, but not the left behind presence of a deceased animal, and rather the representation of the characteristics the animal is most known for in your community.

Rylan listened intently, before spinning back to Reinhart and flashing him a wide grin, "Soooo, Keo says he ain't no ghost. More . . . er, how'd he say it . . . eh, wha'ever. Basically, my people's beliefs in the characteristics his species would represent - he . . . represents that I guess? Anyway, where I come from, we call him - and those lik'im Spirit Animals, or Spirit Guides. They're meant ta help guide us through life, basically. Whatever it is about this place just let 'im come ta this realm instead o' stickin' to the other one." He pauses for a second time, before adding, "Oh! My name's Rylan, this 'ere is my dog Tyee; and Keokuk is the stag."

"Speech"
Thoughts
Keokuk
@Reinhart
Notes: <3 <3 <3

Artwork © Bingo

Night Court Citizen
Male [He/Him]  |  7 [Year 503 Summer]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 15 — Atk: 5 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: Charismatic Influence  |    Bonded: N/A

The buckskin's eyes crawl over his skin. Not literally, but he can feel them all the same. In a way, it reminds him of Evander, and the way he looked at him upon their first meeting. Reinhart felt a bit uneasy beneath his gaze until he looked back at his dog. There is a shrill whistle, then silence, and then the trotting of his companion. He asks about the creatures, but Reinhart can only give an easy shrug in response. "I suspect larger than fish, but I am not Solterran. It could be either. Some say large creatures and tote their scars, some say there is nothing but fish." There is an effortless smile stitched upon his face as he speaks. Reinhart can't help but study the stranger too. The blue-eyed man looks around as he begins to try and explain what his spectral companion is. He tilts his head with interest as his golden eyes focused on the being forming before him.

Reinhart listens carefully as the specter begins to explain what he is. There is still some disbelief clearly etched on his face as he listens. He can accept that maybe this is the work of some other powers beyond even Novus' control. He hasn't ever encountered anything of this nature before. A spirit guide, and what it means to the community or society they come from. Finally, he spouts a few introductions. He calls himself Rylan, and his two companions are Tyee and Keokuk. "I'm Reinhart." He introduces himself in response. He isn't quite sure how to address the other information because he is unwilling to admit just how violently it has shaken his belief system.

"I'm truthfully not sure I understand.. the whole Spirit Guide thing. Until today, I thought spirits were entirely a myth... What realm do you come from?" He asks next because he isn't sure they can explain it to him in a way he'll understand. Or at the very least won't have a crisis about what the meaning of life is.

@Rylan
<3

Day Court Artisan

R y l a n

Rylan was curious, about the stranger, not just because it was a handsome stranger, but for a reason far more important. The artisan was new to Novus, to this land the trio were settling in, and any stranger was a potential wealth of information, of knowledge, of who is what, and where is here, and why is that. A fountain of knowledge that Rylan would need to make it through this new world.

The top of his list though, was to figure out what was in these waters, but only after he ensures Tyee was safe, was out if potential danger. However, this stranger didn't appear to be much of a fountain when Ry asked about these creatures. Larger than fish was the only solid information, and was a guess, since the stallion wasn't from this place, this Solterra, this 'Day Court' tribe. But then he suggested it could be either. Large creatures that produce scars, others stating their is nothing but fish . . . The conflicting records forced a puzzled frown as the stallion threw a glance behind him to the still water with a soft flick of his tail, though the water offered no answers either. Which . . . Meant a mystery to be solved!

Rylan turned back to the other fellow, a crooked smile that lit up his features with boyish glee, "Reckon that'd be a mystereh worth solvin'!" He declared, eyes sparkling with an alarming lack of personal self-preservation, "Sounds more like a elder tale ta meh. But only one way ta know fer shure. 'N' that's figurin' it out mehself, 'n' findin' those buggers!" Rylan stated with that same crooked, boyish smile in place, "Gonna have ta make sure Keo can keep 'n eye on Tyee though, don't want that there pup ta get gobbled up." He added thoughtfully, more worried about his pet then himself.

The stallion stood back, relaxing slightly as this stranger seemed to watch his companion form with interest. Ry couldn't blame him, he'd been shocked and in awe during that first Vision Quest where he met Keo for the first time too. The explaining of Keo wasn't always easy, and even Rylan could tell the information was hard on the stranger. He smiled apologetically, head ducking, chin almost touching his chest, as his forelock danced infront of his eyes, his expression immensely softer, "I guess that's a bit hard ta take in, yeah? I ain't been in this land, er Novus, long 'nough ta know any potential critters or even beliefs like 'em. But if it helps, just pretend he's any ol' stag?" He offered, a touch of a shy, sheepish smile.

Would this be a common reaction to Keo? Would Solterra not accept them because of the weirdness? Well, one thing Ry knew, Keo, Tyee and him: they were a package deal. If Novus didn't want Keo, them all three would just have to keep moving on. He wasn't abandoning Keo for nothing. But he wouldn't condemn others for struggling with what Keo was either. So instead, Rylan let the topic lead into introductions.

Atleast now he had a name name the handsome stranger, Reinhart. It had a much harsher sound to Rylan's own softer name. When this Reinhart did finally react, respond to what Ry had said, Ry's features softened again, an almost timid smile, "Nah, don't worreh 'bout it. Pro'ly just some'in' special the Tribe did. But, short answer, I always called that place he's from like a dream realm, cause ya usually had ta be sleepin' or som'in' like it ta reach it. The elders from my village could probably explain it better, or the shaman. I don'know much 'bout it mehself . . . Sorry." The apologetic admission was delivered with that crooked grin again, as Rylan tilted his head, "Wai, you said you ain't from this place, uh, Solterra, right? Now, iffin I ain't oversteppin' no bounds, can I ask where ya are from? Or even how many other places, this here island has? I ain't been here long, 'n' would love some more information!" He asked, almost pleading, his turquoise eyes wide and hopeful.

"Speech"
Thoughts
Keokuk
@Reinhart
Notes: <3 <3 <3

Artwork © Bingo

Night Court Citizen

Rylan puzzles for a few moments over what the Oasis holds. There is a boyish smile on his face as he swivels his head back to face Reinhart. The gray stag feels his heart pause a moment as he admires the way Rylan's hair shifts wildly with his movements. There is something about his expression and demeanor that makes his heartache slightly. There are some mannerisms that he sees in Rylan in these few moments that remind him of Evander. He can't tell how shallow his feelings are for the buckskin yet. They seem to be as wild as this whole encounter. The buckskin proclaims that what was in the water was a mystery worth solving. He spoke of elders, another concept that escapes Reinhart. "You'll do best to ask the people who live here in Solterra about it. They will know more than me." Reinhart responds to Rylan. There is a pause before he asks his next question. "What do you mean when you say an elder might be hiding here?" He asks with his head tilted slightly. The curls of his hair fall down around his jawline as he moves his head.

The conversation transitions again back toward Reinhart and how he thinks about the stag that Rylan calls Keo. He suggests pretending that Keo is a regular stag, but that is near impossible for him. Keo is not solid flesh and bone. Although he has heard of strange-looking creatures, he isn't sure that he can accept that. That would mean that he would have to accept that magic and gods were real. Then he might really be like the rest of his family, the ones who believe that House Vogelstein is cursed. He gives a gentle shrug of his shoulders when Rylan apologizes that he can't explain it. Reinhart appreciates that maybe the rules of another world or realm are different than Novus. Perhaps Novus is just respecting those rules, but that still means that there are rules at a higher level that aren't easy to understand. The thought is still enough that it does not challenge the very core of his beliefs.

"I suppose we probably aren't supposed to know everything. It's alright." He responds. The sheepish smile disappears from Rylan's face a few moments as he begins to ask where Reinhart is from and how many lands are in Novus. There is a soft smile and chuckle that come from Reinhart. "I'm from Denocte or the Night Court. There is Solterra, the Day Court, Delumine the Dawn Court, and Terrastella the Dusk Court." He responds to Rylan. "Then there are the lands in between those kingdoms. Their cultures are all vastly different with minimal overlap. There are some Vagabonds that claim the lands in between as home mostly... Nomads of sorts. Novus is quite a big world if you stop and think about it." He explains.

"I could show you around Denocte sometime if you'd like. I'm not much help with Solterra, but my cousin Sebastien might be of some help to you."

@Rylan
He's so dang cute

Day Court Artisan

R y l a n

my hair went flat, man, i hate that

Rylan’s grin was one filled with curiosity and vibrancy as he thought about a new mystery that Reinhart had offered him. The boyish gleam to his face, as if someone had whispered secrets that would promise adventure. Perhaps, in a way, Reinhart had. His words had given Rylan something to focus on, a problem to solve, secrets to uncover. And for a small-village boy, this was like the promise of an adventure of a life time. His eyes sparkled like the gems around his neck, at his upper arm as his smile brightened, and he nodded, "A’right! I’ll definitely check with ‘em then!” Then there appeared to be a miscommunication, or misunderstanding, and Ry had to chuckle, the sound soft, apologetic, his expression a little more sheepish, "Oh, No, I don’t mean an elder is hidin’ here. See, where I come from; those in the village, the older ones, would tell stories. Most o’ it were meant ta be life lessons ta teach us. I’m wonderin’ if it’s realleh a monster in these here waters, or if it’s a cautionary story to keep young’uns from drownin’ or somethin’.” He explained, forcing his eyes to focus on this stallion’s gaze – and to NOT follow that soft fall of a curl . . . get yerself under control Rylan!

The conversation did appear to be moving fairly easily however, and for Rylan, he was grateful for that, though he could see there was a deeper struggle than this fellow was putting on regarding Keokuk. He didn’t know what was goin’ through his minds, and he wasn’t about to make a fool of himself out of guessing, so instead he kept quiet, merely watching the other curiously to see what he was going to decide for himself. His answer was not what Rylan was expecting, but it was certainly one that amused him, "I reckon, if we were supposed ta know e’erythin’, we’d have been born with the knowledge. It’s more fun ta figure things out anyhow. Even if ya only get ta admit defeat in the end, ‘n’ let the universe keep it’s mysteries.

The soft smile that graced the handsome stallion’s face had Rylan glancing away, least he be caught staring. Where all guys around these parts this good lookin’ or was it just his luck to find a looker on his first interaction. Still, he was grateful for more information, including the names of the different Court-Tribes. Denocte, Solterra (where he was headin’ now), Delumine and Terrastella. "Makes sense, ‘n’ definintely sounds purty big enough. I’m hopin’ ta make some roots in Solterra, but I’m definitely hopin’ ta see the rest of Novus too. Ain’t no point in sittin’ down in one spot ‘n’ forgettin’ there’s a rest of the world out there!” Then the stallion made an offer that startled him. Rylan’s gaze lifted up, startled, before he glanced away, shifting almost shyly in embarrassment, surprise. "I think I can find a guide around Solterra if I look hard enough . . .

He turned his gaze up, almost shyly as he smiled slightly at Reinhart, "But I wouldn’t say no ta a tour o’ Denocte, sometime.” He added, trying to keep his heart from jump startin’ right out of his chest. It wasn’t every day he was offered to a tour by a handsome stallion, after all. Maybe coming to Novus wasn’t such a bad thing at all.

honey, i'm home and i had a hard day

"Speech"
Thoughts
Keokuk
@Reinhart
Notes: Boy’s just like ‘really? You’ll show me around . . . . yeah, I can live with that <3 u <3 ‘

Artwork © Bingo

Night Court Citizen

Rylan's demeanor and quizzical nature are endearing. It is almost enough to warm his currently very cold heart. It isn't cold because of the bitter end between him and Evander, it wasn't bitter. It was frozen at that time. Rylan seems unusually shy to Reinhart, but he chooses to make no comment on it. The lively man explains what he means by an elder, a sort of story to keep children out of somewhere that might bring harm to them. Reinhart laughs faintly, the grin on his face is warm. "I think these are more than just a story... unless it's some shared delusion. Solterra isn't exactly entirely safe. There are creatures that can seriously harm you out here. Teryr's for example..." He explains with a shrug but his words hold an edge of warning. Not in the way, one makes a threat, but in the way, one warns another about predators.

As the conversation flows forward, Reinhart is curious about what Rylan has to say. He seems to think an awful lot about things, and the way he thinks about the world is interesting. Despite not being a scholar, Reinhart finds himself wholly captivated by what the buckskin man has to say. The gray stallion finds his head turned slightly, and his wild curls falling chaotically around his face. His golden eyes are intently focused upon Rylan. There is no denying that the way he squirms at times when he thinks Reinhart might catch him looking is also endearing. There is a stupid smile stuck on the boy from Denocte's face. He answers that he doesn't think they should know everything, that if they were meant to they might have been born that way. Born knowing all the answers. That didn't seem fun. "I never considered that. You've got an interesting bunch of thoughts in that golden head of yours Rylan. you ought to be a scholar if you're not already. I bet the world would stand still just to hear you speak." He flirts cautiously. Reinhart is never sure how is open advances will be taken by others.

Rylan's shyness or something else comes out when he offers that his cousin might be able to show him around Solterra. He glances away, something he seems to do often. Reinhart misses that itch he used to feel that let him get a better feel for what others were feeling. That gut instinct is gone. Each day though, he thinks he can feel it growing, and he decides it will take time to remember how to use that instinct again. Evander made it too easy. Rylan sheepishly accepts his offer of a tour of Denocte sometime. "Well then, I'll be expecting you Rylan. The quickest way to find me is if you ask for Ezra..." He smiles a bit mischievously now. Reinhart moves to walk past Rylan, and extends his muzzle to try and brush the man's cheek. "Until next time, golden boy. I'd better see you again or you'll break my heart." Reinhart teases and pauses beside Rylan a few moments.

@Rylan
>__> we need another thread asap

Day Court Artisan

R y l a n

my hair went flat, man, i hate that

This was a whole new world it seemed, so much to see, to experience, to feel. But nothing was as awakening as being in this stallion's company. He was bouncing between emotions faster than a rabbit crossed the prairie, but he couldn't help it. When the stallion spoke on it being more than a story, and Solterra not being safe, the stallion frowned softly, tilting his head. His expression was vaguely troubled as he looked around his new home. Creatures that could seriously harm him? The foreign name had him looking back up at the other stallion with alarm, turquoise eyes wide as he stared up at the taller stallion, "I, er; I'm kinda scared ta ask, but might as well know what I got mehself inta. What's a . . . What's a Teryr? An' why does it make meh think I should reconsider joinin' Solterra." He stated with a lot of concern.

But the knowledge of how dangerous this place would be was a good thing to know, something else to take in about what he needed to know to make it in this place. His gaze returned to the handsome stallion, watching the way the wild curls fall around his features, wondering briefly in Reinhart was aware of just how handsome he was. Wild, chaotic, beautiful. So much more than his own more basic appearance, his simplicity. He felt boring next to what was to him a radiant angel of a horse, only missing the wings and halo to mark him as otherworldly. Rylan forces his eyes off Reinhart, on anything else but the way those curls move so wildly. He can't help but wonder if they're as soft as they look.

When the other speaks, he turns his blue-hued gaze back towards him, curious, intrigued before blinking in surprise at the suggestion he should be a scholar. He can't help but laugh, the sound startled, surprised, wide eyed, "Ah . . . Ah scholar? I ain't smart enough for that I'm shure. Especialleh bein' in a new place like this. I ain't even wantin' ta imagine tryin' ta be able ta talk with others like that. Nah, I'm just a humble artisan. I'd rather make purty stuff, ta be honest." He admitted with a soft grin, before looking up at the handsome stallion, wondering if what sounds like flirting is real, or if he was just imagining it wistfully.

He can't help but suddenly feel a lot less lack luster, unsure how to respond, how to flirt back if it was real. Instead he just smiles sheepishly, his gaze dropping a touch more shy than normal, "I dunno about standin' still. I ain't all that special." He added, before glancin' up almost coyly at the taller stallion, the slightest hint of a playful grin, "I ain't to worried about the world standin' still for meh, anyhow. Ain't so full of mehself to expect the world ta care about a young guy like meh. Now iffin a handsome stallion were ta stop for meh, I wouldn't mind that bit of attention." He responded, even as he could feel a touch of heat flare his features as he spoke.

Did that sound stupid, he felt like he was making a right fool of himself. But he couldn't stop the delighted idea of this stallion showing him around. However, it was the stallion's words that stopped his world The way he'd told him he would be expecting him, telling him to ask for Ezra was one thing. But as he moved past, as his muzzle brushed against his own cheek, Rylan felt himself go still, eyes wide at the teasing words. His gaze swings onto the handsome stallion, and a slow grin splits his muzzle, "Until next thing, hate ta be the reason for a broken heart, after all." His gaze dropped briefly before he looked up again, blue eyes bright but hooded beneath thick lashes, "Reckon it'd be a crime ta break the heart of someone so handsome, and I pride mehself on only bein' bad when it's asked of meh." He added, returning that mischievous smile with one of his own, pretending his heart wasn't now hammering in his chest. Why did it sound like a little colt trying to fit in with the adults when he flirted back?

honey, i'm home and i had a hard day

"Speech"
Thoughts
Keokuk
@Reinhart
Notes: He's trying to flirt. He's trying so, so hard.

Artwork © Bingo