Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - bygone days

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kaiju [PM] Posts: 42 — Threads: 17
Signos: 215
Day Court Merchant
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Heat Manipulation  |    Bonded: Enyo (Indoraptor)

IT MUST BE LONELY
when you're up there looking down

He's growing tired of it already . The wear and tear of a crown that weighs heavy on his head , the weight on his shoulders that presses down on his shoulders , on his spine . The weariness of not seeing his people , and the weight of disheartening when the people leave .

Of course they're fucking leaving . Everyone leaves Solterra . He had left at one point himself , but he had come back because his loyalty had tugged him back , had pulled his heart back into place . His entire challenge had been because he was tired of the stagnation , the silence . The emptying of the Court . But even now , it isn't stopping .

His heart weighs heavier than the phantom crown on his head , and he wonders how long until he gives his hopes up and drops it down to shatter into a million pieces because he knows the position was not for him . He had hoped to try and give the Court a sense of hope , but instead , they had turned to bare their teeth at him in the defense of someone that was not there .

He grows weary more and more every day .

A soft coo sounds in his ear , and Enyo stretches along his neck , her body stretching as her claws press into his fur , and she nuzzles up into his ear , huffing a little as the black cloud of his thoughts seep into her own . He smiles just a little , snapping out of it in an effort to soothe the infant instead , head lifting a little higher . " Sorry . Bad habit . " His words are a breath , and he can feel the trill of happiness in her response , her sleepy cloud coming back through as she nestles back into his mane to rest again .

Well . At least he has someone in his corner .

His body seems to relax a little , even as his hooves allow him into the territory of Terrastella . It seems a little strange , that he's been spending time outside of Solterra so often , but steps toward recovery means making friends with other Courts . It isn't as if Day has had good terms with anyone in the past , all things considered .

His large ears swivel , taking in the sounds of a lively Court , and he hears the calls of lovebirds , chirping and talking as they roost , and he turns his head a little , before he shakes his head , making his way toward the center of the court . He pauses , catching a citizen . " Where can I find the Sovereign ? " They give him a baffled look , but point him in the proper direction , and he's off again , with eyes watching his scarred frame as he weaves between bodies .

It doesn't take much to reach the Court itself , the building , and he clears his throat as he eyes one of the many that bustle the area . " I'm Leviathan , Sovereign of Solterra . Take me to Liam , I request a meeting with him . " There's a nod , and they take him forward , down a corridor and toward heavy doors that open , and they announce his name . His ears fall back , an uncomfortable look on his features . He loathes formalities , acting royal .

Another reason to just drop his crown , walk away .

@Liam

A grump has arrived

Played by Offline Marthanóir [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 8
Signos: 10
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

The court wasn't perfect, and he wasn't perfect. By no means did he claim to be as such. It was disheartening to hear when people left, and so when Grimwyck made his decision to leave, he'd met with the other stallion and gave him supplies to get his traveling store the wares it needed. But Liam knew that this was something that Grimwyck needed and desired to do.

Whenever Grimwyck decided to come back to Dusk Court, they would be waiting with open arms to welcome him home. After all, Terrastella had welcomed him back into the public eye after so long of hiding himself away like a hermit. The copper-burnished stallion wanted to do nothing more than to return the kindness and warmth that he'd been shown since day one. Of course, not all Terrastellans were the same way, but even still, Liam wanted to show everyone the same treatment. It was only fair, wasn't it?

Even now, as he walked amongst his citizens, he paused and talked with each and every one of them, even if his royal advisor waited impatiently next to him. The gelding was intent on sticking to the schedule he'd created for the new Sovereign, but Liam wanted to go with the flow, to follow his own schedule. For just the second time in his life, the stallion finds himself in a Sovereign or Emperor role, a role that he truly didn't expect to be in, but one that he leaps headfirst into all the same.

As a soldier -- but first a citizen -- he had the best credentials to understand and help the citizens of Terrastella, even if they didn't agree with the soldier background that he announced he had.

Given half a chance, the stallion wanted to prove to them all that he could do it.

The sharp clearing of his royal advisor's throat had Liam snapping to attention, and he had the decency to look sheepish as he bid a polite farewell to the single mother that he'd been talking to. Her husband had passed away due to a long illness, and Liam was just trying to reassure her that everything would be okay, that there would always be someone looking out for her and her family. Returning to the advisor's side, Liam listened intently as he went over their itinerary, though he was bitter about having to leave behind the citizens.

He was in the middle of getting to know them.

With a decent pace -- the gelding's staccato gait keeping them company -- they reached Dusk Court and its Citadel in a timely manner. The chirping of the lovebirds in the rafters and arches of the building greeted them, and Liam sighed heavily when he saw the piles of bird poop decorating the floors and other structures. "We're going to need to clean this up. Can we hire a couple teams of full-time janitorial staff to be assigned here?" Liam inquired to his advisor, who wrote it down on the notepad clipboard he always seemed to be carrying around with him. It was part of the life of a royal advisor, the Sovereign guessed, to carry that sort of stuff with you.

Moving on again, the duo walked the halls of the Court, commenting on the repair of some buildings and the total destruction and rebuilding of long-defunct ones. They were being repurposed for other things. With those buildings giving way to storage facilities, a new library (complete with books new and old), a theater, a dance hall, and a new Dusk Court garden, Liam could definitely see new and welcomed changes to the city coming on the horizon. He only hoped that he was doing justice for his citizens, and good justice at that.

The sound of heavy doors opening catch his attention, and he pauses in his careful and purposeful pacing to stare at the new entrant to his Court. At first glance, the stallion entering resembles someone from Liam's past, and his ears flick back to pin against his head with anger burning in his eyes. However, after a second curious glance, the copper-burnished stallion realizes that the one heading toward him isn't who he appeared to be, and with an apologetic look replacing the anger, he approaches and meets the newcomer halfway into the room. "Greetings. I'm Liam Kenway, Sovereign of Terrastella. How can I assist you?" He inquires gently, respectively, politely. There was a diplomatic tone to his voice, and being a soldier had greatly helped with learning how to be such.

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; This is literally just a wall of rambles, I'm so sorry askdfjs
Tag;; @Leviathan
Voice claim;; Chris Evans
Words;; 755

I'm with you till the end of the line

Credits

Day Court Merchant
Male [he / him]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  19 hh  |  Hth: 18 — Atk: 22 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Heat Manipulation  |    Bonded: Enyo (Indoraptor)

IT MUST BE LONELY

The Dusk Court is certainly different from home but he misses the sand , the warmth of the wind on his face . Here there's a chill in the air of an impending change in the seasons , one that lingers around the corner , and he can feel the shuffle of Enyo in his mane again , pressing down against his nape . She's growing rapidly , but she can still hide against his scarred nape and find a hiding spot in the dark hairs .

He longs to already go home , but diplomacy demands he mend the errors of his predecessors that soiled all of Solterra that screamed that Day Court was war and bloodthirst , when it had never been such a thing . He hates this shit . He wants to go home , and maybe seek out Oren and maybe sleep a little more before his advisors come to pester him about everything else .

While he's been cleaning the Court , it's been so empty . The citizens are far and in between , and the projects of fixing the markets and coliseum are an undertaking all themselves . It's constant maintenance , and they don't have enough bodies , and he finds himself more often than not joining the people in working . He sleeps hard and heavy because he exerts himself on the daily , but there's nothing like pushing himself to at least keep thoughts at bay .

He blinks , and tips his head slightly to angle his good eye , glowing icy blue eye glancing as the doors open and he steps his heavy frame inward , pausing when there are two in front of him . One gives him an angry look almost immediately , and his large ears flick back almost , eye hooding as he feels a dip of ice in his belly . It seems to follow him wherever he goes , doesn't it ? Though the look is gone , Leviathan only shrugs away the tension , resting himself on his hooves a moment , holding himself with a posture that .. isn't befitting anything like a ruler . Three times , and he still doesn't act any sort of ruler .

"I'm Leviathan , Sovereign of Solterra . I came here to speak with you , because I know Solterra's past rulers have made asses of themselves and ripped any sort of relations apart . I'm here to attempt to mend things . " He doesn't speak like a ruler , either . But he isn't built for it , never has been . Years and years , and he's never molded to fit the crown . He doesn't care to try and change himself for it , either . But at least he isn't being an asshole about it , and his head dips just a little as the small saurian crawls up to the top of his skull , leaning down and chattering at Liam curiously , yellow eyes peering at him as she yawns , waking herself up .

" I'll make it short , because I'm not good at being diplomatic . It isn't my sort of thing . I'm a fighter , a warrior . Being silver tongued and political isn't my sort of thing , so I'll try not to take up too much of your time , if that's alright with you . "

@Liam

you're all good <3

Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/His/Him]  |  Immortal [Year 494 Summer]  |  20 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 57  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liam Kenway

There's a slight chill in the air, and Liam knows all too well that it's signaling the upcoming autumnal season. While the morning does start out as chilly, the heat rages on later in the day, before the night closes out the day with that same chill returning. That chill is something Liam despises, loathes and part of him wondered how cold it would get in the Dusk Court. Hopefully, it wouldn't get too cold, considering they were on the southern end of Novus, and the ocean was right there. But he'd been wrong on a lot of things, and he was certain he'd be wrong on this.

His royal advisor beside him was getting antsy, and Liam could tell. They'd been at this -- trying to decide on what buildings to remove and what to put in their place -- for nearly two hours now. All Liam wanted to do was to seek out Bucky, eat, and maybe rest with the other stallion for a few more hours before he had to get back to work. He'd forgotten how time consuming it was to be a leader, to be anything more than a soldier.

By the time he crawls into the bed he shares with Bucky, he's both mentally and physically exhausted. He rises from their bed before the sun touches the horizon, and doesn't climb back into bed and fall asleep until well into the night. It was a vicious cycle, one that he knew that Bucky was probably unhappy with. It was a sore spot for the copper-burnished stallion, one that he was making a conscious decision to repair.

The anger that Liam felt at someone barging into the Citadel immediately disappeared when he saw who it was. The other stallion was a foreign sort, one that he hadn't ever seen before, but he was never one to turn away from a visitor. There was a moment of regret on the stallion's expression as he approached the stranger, his royal advisor nearly glued to his hip. While that would normally irritate the copper-burnished stallion, he was relieved for the gelding's close attention to him. The gray grullo stallion takes on a strange posture, and Liam frowns for a moment as he takes it in, but he says nothing and the look is gone in the blink of an eye.

The gray grullo stallion introduces him as Leviathan from Solterra -- Day Court -- and Liam's face lights up in recognition, his ears pricked atop his head. "Leviathan, thank you for making your way over to Terrastella. It's a great opportunity for us to speak," he responds, nodding at Levi's desire to fix things. Huffing a soft laugh, the coppery stallion fixed Levi with a look, one that was full of understanding. "Most rulers make themselves look like asses. It's not an intentional thing, I don't think. Rather, they let their egos get in the way and try to rule using that rather than anything else. It's not every ruler, but it isn't uncommon, either," he comments, his attention caught by the small saurian making its way atop Levi's skull, yellow eyes blinking curiously at him.

Levi's next words have him blinking in realization that the other stallion was speaking again, and he chuckles again in understanding. "I have to be honest with you, Leviathan. I was, before becoming Sovereign, just a simple stallion in the military. It's all I've ever been. Unless you count the time I was a ruler before Novus. But being a soldier is all that I've been familiar with. You can take up as much of my time as you'd like; I don't have anything important to do today. Most of the duties have been finished."

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; I have a feeling they're going to be good together.
Tag;; @Leviathan
Words;; 619

Credits

Day Court Merchant

IT MUST BE LONELY

He rests much like a lazy sort of man , a bored man , but also one that's ... injured . The Teryr had laid him open deep , and even now , moving certain ways tends to lay that wound even further . Traveling to Terrastella had been against everything , and his advisor had nearly hounded him all the way to the edge of Solterra's court until Leviathan had snapped at him . The trek hadn't been easy , either , but he isn't one to idle around with injuries and mill about moping about his wounds . His scars are proof of his lifestyle , how he had lived . How he still sometimes does . He doesn't go about locking proverbial horns with everyone but he doesn't just sit his ass down on a comfortable cushion in a lavish lifestyle either .

Being a fighter , a warrior , had been all his life was about . Spitting blood out of his mouth and tempting another potshot hit . Egging them on . " That all ? " And taking another blow just to take down his opponent and stand over their body in the arenas of his past . Though now the newest wounds will scar over , and join what already pockmarks his body .

Leviathan tilts his head just slightly , to fix his glowing blue eye on Liam for a moment after speaking , watching as the realization dawns over him at his words . He knows he isn't known by his face or his voice , or how he acts . He doesn't act like a Sovereign . Large ears swivel , perked forward enough to show his attention as he listens . " I've been a ruler several times before this , but it never gets any easier , Liam . This time in particular seems ... messier . Especially being alone . " His shoulders rise and then fall again , and Enyo makes an indignant noise , digging feet and claws into his neck for a moment before burying into his mane with a low hiss of annoyance .

" Sorry . " He huffs at the Indoraptor , and she grumbles a little at him , chuffing soft before clicking and she eyes Liam next . He can feel her curiosity , and he only rolls his eye slightly at her , looking back toward Liam instead . " I was hoping to open ... a sort of partnership ? Though I'm not sure what to offer other than Solterra's help if you should need it . We have strong backs , and we have a lot of projects we've been getting underway ourselves , but should you need extra hooves , well , I can send a few here to help out ? " As he speaks , he shifts his weight . Despite his injuries , not a glance of pain registers on his face . He's had far too many years to school it into place .

@Liam !

Dusk Court Citizen

Liam Kenway

Upon first glance at the gray grullo stallion, Liam assumes that Leviathan's facial expressions and the way he holds him label him as bored. It isn't until further inspection that Liam realized the other stallion was injured. And it was a bad injury. Flicking an ear back, the copper-burnished stallion squinted his eyes at the other stallion in an imperceptible manner, trying to gauge his injuries, to see just how serious they were. Glancing at his royal advisor, the gelding shrugged his shoulders easily and made a noise that signaled to Liam that it was his decision. Sighing softly to himself, Liam gazed at the other stallion and relaxed his posture further, making himself look open, caring, friendly, not that he wasn't already all of these things.

The wounds are starting to scab over, with the smallest of them already turning into fresh new scars. They were pink, bulging out from the gray grullo flesh they were inlaid, and Liam sighed through his nose again as he gazed at Leviathan. The desperate urge to take care of the other stallion, to look after him, to make sure he was okay roared through his veins, and he wasn't sure exactly how Levi would take his urging.

As Leviathan admits that ruling never gets any easier, Liam finds himself laughing softly. "Forgive me. I'm not laughing at you, but I am laughing at how honest that statement is. Each time you become a ruler, it gets difficult because you have to learn all the new names, new people, everything about the land you've taken over," he points out, brow furrowing. He still hadn't learned all there is to know about Terrastella, and he wasn't sure that he would ever be able to learn everything. Flicking an ear back, he watches as the saurian digs its feel and claws into Leviathan's neck at the rise and fall of the great stallion's shoulders, a low hiss of annoyance reaching his sensitive ears.

"Seems as though your friend there doesn't like to be jostled much," Liam delicately points out, curiosity sparkling in his eyes as he watches the duo. As Leviathan speaks again, he hums and allows his expression to morph into one of curious contemplation. It wasn't a bad idea, and Leviathan was the first Sovereign he'd spoken with since he'd gotten the throne. Unification and tranquility only worked when both sides agreed upon it, and Liam was more than eager to agree upon this. Nodding as he looked at his royal advisor, the copper stallion turned his electric gaze back to Leviathan and he nodded his agreement. "I am more than happy to have an alliance between Solterra and Terrastella. It wouldn't make sense for us to be at odds; our pasts do not define who we are, and we have nowhere to go but up. You may have been a poor leader before, Leviathan, but your past does not define who you are today," Liam carefully points out, his voice calm, diplomatic, making sure to stress that Levi's past truly didn't define who he was.

Once he finished speaking, he shifted his weight and sighed heavily at the gray grullo, flicking his ears back again. "That said, I honestly think you need to be admitted into our hospital, and I will not be taking no for an answer. Sekhar here will escort you, and once you're healed, we can discuss terms, if you'd like?"

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; I'm not sorry for him LOL
Tag;; @Leviathan
Words;; 572

Credits

Day Court Merchant

IT MUST BE LONELY

Ruling never did get easier , new faces were commonplace , but in Solterra , he knew many faces , or thought that he did . Many of them were nothing but ghosts now , lingering in the sands and in his mind . Faces with names that perhaps only he carried now , and faces he likely would never see again . It churns deep , dredging up rough memories , and he shakes them free , pushing them down and flicking an ear instead , gently tapping it against Enyo and feeling the response in their bond of combined annoyance and amusement . She turns her head and nips at his ear instead , reaching for it and catching it , claws carefully pulling at it as she entertains herself , and takes her attention off of Liam . As intelligent as she is , she's still a baby , and prone to being more entertained by his ears instead .

The confirmation of the alliance brings a sense of ease . At least he can right some wrongs of the tyrants of Solterra , who had marked the Court as one of war . He loathed that it was all Solterra was known for now ; bloodshed and war . Things that only painted them as creatures that sought to fight and dig in proverbial teeth and fangs to make war . He hates it . But then something else strikes him , and his ears immediately fall back , eyes narrowing just slightly and muzzle wrinkling upward .

A poor leader ?

" I never said I was a poor leader . While once upon a time , there was a time where I was , I improved , and the times where I ruled after that , I was perfectly capable . So I wouldn't claim I was a poor leader any time recently . " His words come out a little colder than originally anticipated . His last crown had been stable , but the lands had not been . They had crumbled into nothing , the gods themselves had taken the entire place down . But he had a stable line , a stable land and people , ones that had looked up to him . His icy eye narrows , the glow deepening slightly and his golden fangs showing when his lips peel up into a cold smile for a moment .

It seems to only grow a little more tense when the other looks at him , and simply tells him he'll be going into a hospital and won't be taking a no for an answer . " You will be taking a no for an answer , because I am not one of your courtly citizens , Liam . You may be able to mother hen over all of them and get them to do what you want , but you cannot and will not make me do something I do not want to do ." His lips peel up a little more , and Enyo suddenly shifts , uncomfortable . The small saurian makes a gentle noise and climbs down his neck , against his shoulders , hiding deeper into his mane as she buries into the hair there as best as she can .

"We can discuss the terms here or not at all ." He has no patience to play games with this , and he will not simply be badgered into doing something that someone else is attempting to force on him . He's healing fine on his own . As much as the wounds are opened , he's been working on healing at home with aloe and other herbs , things he knows will work . Being a warrior means he knows what works and what doesn't , the dozens of scars all over his body tell stories of how he's survived his immortal life as it is ; he knows how to take care of himself and his wounds from whatever he takes on in his years of living .

@Liam !

Dusk Court Citizen

Liam Kenway

Their meeting had been going so well.

But then Liam had to go and ruin it by opening his fat mouth and calling Leviathan a poor leader. Sighing to himself, the stallion mentally adjusted himself and shook off the cobwebs of diplomacy, his awkwardness fading as he tried to relax further into the role he'd been seemingly born for. He was, after all, the face of Dusk Court now, and this slight disagreement or misunderstanding between them just wouldn't do. Flicking an ear back, Liam huffs in awkward amusement at himself, eyes still watching Enyo for a few seconds longer as she catches Leviathan's ear, her claws carefully pulling at it before he turns his attention to the gray grullo stallion before him. For just a moment, he regards the other leader, his mind whirling as he quickly thinks of something to say, something that would set everything on the right path again.

"Forgive me; I assumed, and you know what they always say about assuming. I truly think being a leader is a learning curve, and we all, for lack of a better term, suck at it the first go-round. It takes time, patience, and support from those around you to improve, and I can't imagine that you're anything but a superb leader now," he answered, shrugging off the way Leviathan's words were colder than the ones before. The former emperor of Vasanta had seemingly lost a touch, but he wasn't about to let it get to him. What was the point? This was just a hiccup, and it was more than likely just something that they could brush off and get past. But then Liam noticed Leviathan's ice eye narrow, and his stomach sank further, and he sighed internally again.

Flicking his ears back, Liam huffed at himself again, knowing that he shoved his hooves deeper into his mouth. That proverbial saying of foot, meet mouth was fitting him so well today. Clearing his throat, Liam took a slightly defensive stance, though it still remained diplomatic, open, and welcoming. Inclining his head a little, the stallion gestured toward the gardens several yards away, wanting to move this meeting somewhere where they could both relax and where they weren't just standing. "Forgive me again, Leviathan. I noticed that you were injured, and rather than have you suffering and miserable for much longer, I wanted you to use the doctors and nurses that we have available in the hospital. I can't imagine the amount of pain that you must be in, despite any amount of a brave face you might be putting on," he tries, tilting his head a little to the side as he watches Enyo climb down Leviathan's neck and hide against the immense amount of mane located at the nape of his neck.

"I do think that we perhaps got off on the wrong foot, and I do want to try and make it up to you. Would you care to move this meeting to the gardens? I find it to be incredibly relaxing and calm, and it certainly has restorative properties. I go there after every workout, and I haven't felt refreshed like that in what seems like years," Liam offered, noticing that Leviathan also had countless amounts of scars -- fresh, old, and somewhat recent -- and Liam flicked an ear back again. Part of him was jealous. Scars were a sign that the one who had obtained them was a warrior. Fights and skirmishes outside of Novus left him with nary a scar to be found, thanks to his accelerated healing from his genetic experimentation and genetic mutations. But part of him was relieved. Liam was sure he'd end up being self-conscious about the look of the scars. His mind had taken a weird turn, and he mentally shook himself clear, instead trying to focus on the meeting and task at hand.

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; ;w; Levi <3
Tag;; @Leviathan
Words;; 646

Credits

Day Court Merchant

IT MUST BE LONELY

His face doesn't much change from the impassive stone it's formed into . Instead , he regards Liam with a coolness , watching him as the other stallion attempts to save face . " Considering I've been a leader several times , the learning curve has flattened . " As has his tone . This has gone from a simple meeting to him just wanting to turn and head home instead . Diplomacy is no suit of his , he's best fit for shedding blood on a battlefield or in an arena . Solving with violence rather than words , but he had always been that way .

He does not adjust his position , his large body remaining in place as it had , one hoof cocked up and resting a tip on the flooring of the court floor as he stares the other down with a dead look . He's long gone past an anger that shows , instead it seeps out through his words more than anything . Not even his body seems to truly betray it , even as Liam himself gathers himself almost defensively . He doesn't move , even at the gesture , a stalwart wall that refuses to budge out of sheer stubbornness . A streak that runs a mile wide and many miles deeper and has persevered through his immortal life . Case and point , walking to Terrastella with fractured ribs and wounds that very easily opened even if they were well on their way to healing .

His ears flick , still canting backwards , while he stares the other down , turning his head a little to regard Liam with that icy eye . " When you grow up being nothing but a born and bred warrior , Liam , pain is nothing but a second nature and result of what you go through . There is no brave face . This is what I'm used to . The scars on my body aren't just for show . " Cold , icy . He regards the other leader , well aware he's holding the proverbial match to potentially burn a bridge here . Leviathan has always been good at that . Light the bridge on fire , let the flames light his way . His lips thin , the peer of golden fangs between them , before his ears twist and he snorts heavily .

Restorative properties . Now he feels as if Liam is still attempting to push it on him , push the healing on him , and while his ribs ache with every breath , Leviathan merely lifts his head a little more , straightening himself out and taking on the posture befitting a warrior king . " I think I'll deny that offer as well . " He fixes the other with a steady stare , only to finally shake himself slightly , and he can feel Enyo's claws digging down into the roots of his mane , holding . " I think we can discuss our terms for this alliance at some other point in time , Liam Kenway . For now , I'll be heading back home . " His tail flicks , the short bob snapping slightly as he turns his massive bulk and feels the worry of his bonded . He merely nudges her back mentally , soothing her while he treks toward the doors .

It had been a slightly doomed meeting from the beginning , with the reaction of the other upon seeing him , as if he were nothing but an intruder on the Court when he had been announced .

Solterra had a long way to recover from the damages of the past , though it seems there's walls at every turn , and he only shakes his head slightly , stepping out the grand doors to head the way he came .

@Liam !
I did not expect it to go this way slkfjslkf
Levi decided to just
go ???
KSJFLSKFLKSJF

Dusk Court Citizen

Liam Kenway

Oh no. Leviathan's face doesn't change much, and it's clear that, when the gray grullo speaks, the meeting had gone from a diplomatic meeting of a possible alliance to something completely different. It hadn't gone the way that Liam had expected it to, and it clearly didn't go the way Leviathan had wanted. The copper-coated stallion had no sense of self-preservation, and it clearly came out brightly during this meeting. "I would apologize again, but I don't think that would help anything," Liam admitted, his voice back to being diplomatic and strategic, a tactic he saved only for the battlefields and meetings such as these.

As Leviathan's body remains the same, Liam's changes. Gone was the defensiveness, gone was the friendliness. Instead, it's a warrior's position, though it wasn't one that was expecting a fight. It could have been viewed as defensive, but Liam seemed to be puffed up, adrenaline and testosterone flooding his veins. There's silence stretching out between them, and Sekhar, Liam's royal advisor, glanced worriedly between the two Sovereigns, and it appeared that the gelding was ready to tuck tail and run. But what he didn't do was that, and instead, he stood resolutely beside the sovereign he served. It was one reason that Liam chose the gelding for the job, why he liked Sekhar. If Leviathan wanted to be stubborn like this, Liam could match him easily. After all, back in Agnosia, he'd gotten a stab wound and had refused to seek medical attention, even after getting yelled at by Bucky.

Leviathan turns his head a little to stare him down, that icy eye regarding him. Liam doesn't move, doesn't react. "You aren't wrong, Leviathan," Liam responds, voice cool but diplomatic still. "It's disappointing that my words were taken for you to think you should be ashamed of your scars," he points out carefully, knowing that, despite his near decades of military service, his coat remained unblemished. He could see where his words were judgmental, how he could be seen as a hypocrite. Liam was nothing of the sort, but Leviathan would, no doubt, disagree if he brought it up at this moment.

After the offer of the garden, Liam watched silently as Leviathan lifted his head a little more, the other stallion's posture changing completely. It was one of a warrior, one that Liam knew all too well. Flaring his nostrils, the copper-coated stallion followed suit, flicking an ear backwards as he continued to regard Leviathan. "As is your right," he responds cooly, diplomatically. There's no hatred there, no anger, but behind Liam's stoic gaze was anger, a wildfire of an emotion. Huffing a quiet scoff, one that only Sekhar heard, Liam frowned lightly before he schooled his expression into something more stoic, more befitting of a Sovereign. "Again, as is your right. Have a nice trip back, Leviathan," Liam spoke, flicking an ear back as he watches the other stallion leave.

It's like a breath of relief is released when Leviathan walks out the door and it shuts behind him. Liam looks at Sekhar, offers him a reassuring smile, and continues about his duties, barely sparing a thought to what had just occurred.

"Liam Speaks."

Notes;; I. Am. Cackling. LOL
Tag;; @Leviathan
Words;; 529

Credits